Women. Religionís longest running victims.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Shakyamunison
In my religion (Nichiren Buddhism) women are not only equal, but they are leaders.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
In my religion (Nichiren Buddhism) women are not only equal, but they are leaders. So it's sexist against men then?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by NemeBro
So it's sexist against men then?

No.

Lord Lucien
Aren't women just history's longest running victims?

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I disagree

EXAMPLE: Lot more men have been sent to and killed in wars in comparison to women in history for the sake of ensuring security of the nation/Empire and also for expansionist objectives.

Both genders have been exploited and suppressed in various ways depending upon how you perceive these matters. However, rich and powerful have always been privileged in treatment aspect irrespective of gender in comparison to norm throughout history.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I disagree

EXAMPLE: Lot more men have been sent to and killed in wars in comparison to women in history for the sake of ensuring security of the nation/Empire and also for expansionist objectives.

Both genders have been exploited and suppressed in various ways depending upon how you perceive these matters. However, rich and powerful have always been privileged in treatment aspect irrespective of gender in comparison to norm throughout history. If I had to pick one gender, out of the countless two that make up our species, that has received the lion's share of abuse, mistreatment, disenfranchisement, choicelessness, and general bullshit...

Rao Kal El

Time Immemorial
lol ben

Rao Kal El
Yeah I just went ape shit laughing out loud

NemeBro
No. Then why are only women allowed to be leaders?

S_W_LeGenD
If I had to pick one gender, out of the countless two that make up our species, that has received the lion's share of abuse, mistreatment, disenfranchisement, choicelessness, and general bullshit...
I don't believe in the propaganda or generalization that women have suffered the most in history. I believe that both genders have suffered one way or other throughout history.

Men have suffered from abuse, mistreatment, disenfranchisement, choicelessness and general bullshit just like women. It is just that men are taught to be tough and have tolerance for all the shit and pain they might endure.

Women play many roles in a society ranging from being a sister, wife, mother and grand mother and not every man wants to mistreat his womenfolk. In-fact, most men tend to be protective of their womenfolk. This is natural instinct.

Mindship
Aren't women just history's longest running victims? I was thinking the same thing.

AsbestosFlaygon
****in' feminists.

I'm sick and tired of all your BS.

Face the facts. Women are weaker than men. Not mentally, but physically.
The average man is stronger than the average woman. You can clearly see this in sports, weightlifting contests, military, etc.

Yes, women should be treated equally, but there are certain limitations.
Same goes with men.

Lord Lucien
I don't believe in the propaganda or generalization that women have suffered the most in history. http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1119213/crane-s-sigh-o.gif

S_W_LeGenD
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1119213/crane-s-sigh-o.gif
This myth have been promoted by feminists, they tend to focus more on women issues and such issues get more spotlight in modern times. Education platforms in West are also feminist-driven so it doesn't surprises me if feminists are indoctrinating current generations of men in the WEST in ways as they seem fit.

In reality, both men and women have been victimized in similar and different ways depending upon the dynamics of the societies in history.

Women have been treated well in some ancient societies contrary to the popular belief and myths propagated by feminists. An example that came to my attention recently is of women of Sparta.

In any time in history, not every man is born a potential abuser of his womenfolk. It is natural instinct of man to love and protect his womenfolk. This ground reality have influenced treatment of women in various societies throughout history.

Yes, some societies have existed in which women have been treated badly but they do not represent the situation of women throughout ages in history.

Difference between men and women is that men have commonly shouldered greater responsibilities in life and also taught to be tough and take shit without complaining. In contrast, women tend to be more vocal about their issues or at-least have become more vocal about their issues in modern times.

Raisen
women have it much better here than men do. most women I talk to even realize that life is simply easier for them.

Digi
Then why are only women allowed to be leaders?

He never said only women could be leaders.

Tzeentch
He never said Men could be leaders.

Shakyamunison
Then why are only women allowed to be leaders?

There are men who are leaders. However, where I live, most of the leaders are women. Men and women have equal opportunity to become leaders. It just happens that there are more women in my district that wish to be leaders.

Tzeentch
Seems like the men in your district are nominally afraid of exposing their ambitions out of fear of ridicule.

Rao Kal El
Maybe they just have more free time on their hands while their husbands are working

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Seems like the men in your district are nominally afraid of exposing their ambitions out of fear of ridicule.

So, you have talked to the men in my district? I have a distinct feeling that you don't know.

Why are there more women in leadership positions in my district? Probable because there are more women in my district. The women out number the men by 3 to 1. And about half of them are gay.

Lord Lucien
The women out number the men by 3 to 1. And about half od then are gay. http://img.pandawhale.com/post-41219-South-Park-NICE-gif-Imgur-CQwo.gif

NemeBro
There are men who are leaders. However, where I live, most of the leaders are women. Men and women have equal opportunity to become leaders. It just happens that there are more women in my district that wish to be leaders. The wording of your original post is weird then. "Not only are they equal, but they're leaders". If women were equal to men, wouldn't that imply both are capable of being leaders in the religion? The way it was worded implied this brought them above merely being "equal" to men.

Lord Lucien
He's not great at wurding things.

Shakyamunison
NemeBro = troll

NemeBro
How am I a troll simply for pointing out the misleading wording of your original post?

Shakyamunison
How am I a troll simply for pointing out the misleading wording of your original post?

ME.....NO......TALK.....TO......TROLL!

dadudemon

I got his point just fine without concluding your troll-ish interpretation.

jugg666none

Tzeentch
You're probably lying though.

NemeBro
ME.....NO......TALK.....TO......TROLL! Fair enough. I'm sorry I embarrassed you, that wasn't my intent.

Robtard
ME.....NO......TALK.....TO......TROLL!

Is that what Buddha teaches?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Is that what Buddha teaches?

I'm pretty sure that "Don't feed the trolls" is in one of the Sutras.

Newjak
So if we are talking victims of something. The most victimized group of any powerful influence tend to be the poor.

If we are going strictly by genders then yes they as a whole have had a larger uphill battle to obtain equal rights and in western society still trail men in a number categories.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure that "Don't feed the trolls" is in one of the Sutras.

While Nemebro can be an insufferable buttmoneky, reading back, what you wrote could be taken as he said, so I'm not so sure he was trolling, but merely asking/pointing out.

Shakyamunison
While Nemebro can be an insufferable buttmoneky, reading back, what you wrote could be taken as he said, so I'm not so sure he was trolling, but merely asking/pointing out.

He has a history of trolling me. I thought he had changed. However, you do have a point. There is a possibility of doubt.

NemeBro
He has a history of trolling me. I do? O_o

I post here once in a blue moon.

Greatest I am
In my religion (Nichiren Buddhism) women are not only equal, but they are leaders.

Sweet.

That East religion is progressive. Many are not and the Western one, mostly Abrahamic are certainly no progressive.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Yes but religions have institutionalized discrimination without just cause against them, gays and others that their God seems to hate as much as the men who run religions.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
In what sense? Rights? Treatment of women varies from religion to religion.

Religions facilitated people to shift from barbarism to civilization. Religions presented a sense of order, culture and rules for people. An example is of spread of Islam in pagan Arab. Women were treated exceedingly bad in the pagan Arab but Islam changed this situation and motivated men to treat women with absolute respect and give them better rights then they ever had before.

Your claim about being part of a civilized and enlightened society is subjective. Is your society free of issues such as crime, corruption and exploitation? No.

Women have ample rights in many countries in modern times. Difference is that issues of women get more spotlight then that of men around the world. Also, in countries, where human rights are a big issue, both genders suffer.

I am not sure how you can generalize about treatment of women in this kind of manner. Treatment of women varies not just in societies but within families in a society. In a so-called 3rd world country, you might notice women being treated like princesses in an upper-class or even middle-class family which would be above norm then what you may witness in lot of families in a so-called 1st world country.

You are misinformed and need to improve your knowledge in these matters concerning religions.

Ditto. Start with this.

And as for Islam, 5,000 odd so called Honor killings show that you have no clue as to what Islam is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/gun-hulk_zps275eda22.gif

vp8tToFv-bA

Watch this and tell me if We are treated equal?

Specially part 3 where women than can barely perform as a well as a 12 year old kid in the military get paid as much as the guys on the trenches.

2mOhmXDz3Jw

and respectfully, I have no problem if you feel you have to apologize to the women of the world, just don't try to make me feel guilty for something I should not.

I guess that you did not note that at the time of the older wars, women could not even vote. And as to the latest ones, men have kept women out of many positions that would have balanced the death toll.

He shall rule over you is still religions idea of equality.

Regards
DL

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Ditto. Start with this.

And as for Islam, 5,000 odd so called Honor killings show that you have no clue as to what Islam is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

Regards
DL
Honor killings is not an Islamic culture or law but an unfortunate individual-specific or local tradition-specific mindset.

Islam discourages adultery and introduced exemplary punishment for this purpose but people are not permitted to punish the accused or guilty on their own because this qualifies as a murder. The accused have to be proven guilty in a court session and only the judge can decide the fate of accused in accordance with ground realities of the case.

Don't confuse actions of people with rules of a religion. Don't try to act as an authority about a topic of which you are lacking in knowledge.

Rao Kal El
I guess that you did not note that at the time of the older wars, women could not even vote. And as to the latest ones, men have kept women out of many positions that would have balanced the death toll.

He shall rule over you is still religions idea of equality.

Regards
DL

They didn't vote but also they didn't have to die for their country, NOW They Vote and still getting protected by men, yet they don't complain about this.

Didn't you check the percentages of women and men in the military and the disparity between deaths among men and women?

How about women getting paid as much as guys, while the most women are safe behind the front lines and the guys are getting shot at?

Maybe WOMEN should voice their opinions about how they should be sent into harms way as much as men so they can get paid as much as men.

Oh wait but there is no need as they get paid as much as men with out getting into harms way as much as men mmm

That will be much better that having apologetic guys trying to make us feel guilty about "all out evils against women"

In my opinion men who feel really bad for how "evil MEN have been with women", should castrate themselves.

That will be a great way to REALLY SHOW some support to women!

Greatest I am
Honor killings is not an Islamic culture or law but an unfortunate individual-specific or local tradition-specific mindset.

Islam discourages adultery and introduced exemplary punishment for this purpose but people are not permitted to punish the accused or guilty on their own because this qualifies as a murder. The accused have to be proven guilty in a court session and only the judge can decide the fate of accused in accordance with ground realities of the case.

Don't confuse actions of people with rules of a religion. Don't try to act as an authority about a topic of which you are lacking in knowledge.

Only immoral fools will think stoning to death is exemplary punishment for a deathless sin.

I lack in some topics but you lack in a decent moral or justice sense.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

In my opinion men who feel really bad for how "evil MEN have been with women", should castrate themselves.

That will be a great way to REALLY SHOW some support to women!

Yes. The less pricks out here the better, but it is to those who would deny women equality that you should direct that to.

And remember, it is men that have kept women and gays out of the military so it is men advocating the men fight and die. Not women. But go ahead and blame women. That is the manly thing to do.

Regards
DL

Rao Kal El
Yes. The less pricks out here the better, but it is to those who would deny women equality that you should direct that to.

Yes, you probably should think that, but who is denying woman equality? IMO if I want something I have to earn it I am not asking for handovers and I expect MY EQUALS to do the same

And remember, it is men that have kept women and gays out of the military so it is men advocating the men fight and die. Not women. But go ahead and blame women. That is the manly thing to do.

Regards
DL

Nice Strawman, but that is not the argument here, No one is blaming women for men dying, I am saying that those who ASK for equality should be the first ones to complain about the disparity of men dying vs Women. I see NO WOMAN or feminist complaining for the injustice of paying the SAME WAGE to men and women in the military , when WOMEN are usually and rarely in danger.

If I see a WOMAN shoulder to shoulder fighting at my side I have no problem with her being treated as my equal.

But IF a MAN who is supposed to fight at my side shoulder to shoulder hides behind me, I WILL NOT consider him my equal.

So NO HAND OVERS for MEN OR WOMEN that is fair and that is equal.

AsbestosFlaygon
As I said before: Women are physically weak.
It's in their nature.
Therefore, some tasks that otherwise men can outright perform can not be done by even the strongest of women.

S_W_LeGenD
Only immoral fools will think stoning to death is exemplary punishment for a deathless sin.

I lack in some topics but you lack in a decent moral or justice sense.

Regards
DL
You sound like an immature person. No need to transform this debate in to a personal feud with me.

Islamic laws and punishments might seem harsh to you but they are effective. Just look at the magnitude of cheating and sex outside wedlock taking place in countries such as USA and Canada in current times; both activities have reached epidemic proportions. Unless tough measures are adopted to discourage these activities, they will remain wide-spread. Islam discourages these (immoral) activities with harsh punishments.

As an analogy, consider "crimes." To discourage "crimes" in a nation, a Law and Order system is implemented within the nation. But the effectiveness of Law and Order system depends upon factors such as efficiency of "criminal cases handling processes," and "severity of punishments."

When it is known that you will be eliminated for a certain crime if caught, you will think twice before conducting such an act.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
As I said before: Women are physically weak.
It's in their nature.
Therefore, some tasks that otherwise men can outright perform can not be done by even the strongest of women.

Physical strength has nothing to do with equality under the law.

Are you saying that weaker men are not as equal as strong men now?

Or does that weak thing only come into play when a woman enters the room?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
You sound like an immature person. No need to transform this debate in to a personal feud with me.

Islamic laws and punishments might seem harsh to you but they are effective. Just look at the magnitude of cheating and sex outside wedlock taking place in countries such as USA and Canada in current times; both activities have reached epidemic proportions. Unless tough measures are adopted to discourage these activities, they will remain wide-spread. Islam discourages these (immoral) activities with harsh punishments.

As an analogy, consider "crimes." To discourage "crimes" in a nation, a Law and Order system is implemented within the nation. But the effectiveness of Law and Order system depends upon factors such as efficiency of "criminal cases handling processes," and "severity of punishments."

When it is known that you will be eliminated for a certain crime if caught, you will think twice before conducting such an act.

It is quite unhealthy for you to be concerned with what others do with their junk. It is their junk and for you to fixate on it is not healthy.

You step into my bedroom and you will not be happy.

You may not consider anything private but intelligent people will.

Regards
DL

dyajeep

Sweet.

That East religion is progressive. Many are not and the Western one, mostly Abrahamic are certainly no progressive.

Regards
DL

in the Bible (New Testament), women are allowed to be ministers... smile

Greatest I am
Originally posted by dyajeep
in the Bible (New Testament), women are allowed to be ministers... smile

That will surprise Catholics.

When did mainstream Protestants first allow women to preach?

Seems to me that it was not that long ago. And that information was lost all this time. Oh well.

Regards
DL

Time Immemorial

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
How are women victims in Christianity? I never seen or heard of christian men sexual mutilate christian women

Neither have I.

Christians, being the majority in the West forever, still only pay women about 70% of what men get paid for the same work.

Regards
DL

Robtard
How are women victims in Christianity? I never seen or heard of christian men sexual mutilate christian women

"In Niger, for example, 55 percent of Christian women and girls have experienced FGM"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation#Reasons

You're welcome.

Greatest I am
"In Niger, for example, 55 percent of Christian women and girls have experienced FGM"

You're welcome.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Robtard
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

You're welcome.

Time Immemorial

You're welcome.

Wiki warrior, which wiki is full of lies propagated by the people who fund and donate to wiki. Just like you.

Robtard
Wiki warrior, which wiki is full of lies propagated by the people who fund and donate to wiki.

Just like you.

That passage while on the Wiki pages was taken from UNICEF, since children are the victims of the mutilation. Is UNICEF full of "lies" too?

What did I lie about now?

Time Immemorial
That passage while on the Wiki pages was taken from UNICEF, since children are the victims of the mutilation. Is UNICEF full of "lies" too?

What did I lie about now?

You a wiki warrior. Get your own facts.

Robtard
You a wiki warrior. Get your own facts.

If you have proof that the wiki/UNICEF passage is a "lie" as you claimed, please post your facts/proof.

Time Immemorial
If you have proof that the wiki/UNICEF passage is a "lie" as you claimed, please post your facts/proof.

Nothing you posted from wiki has any bearing on the topic at hand. You had to go to bum fck africa to find a flaw with my statement when you know we are talking about America Christianity and Islam Radicals. You are very petty.

Robtard
Nothing you posted from wiki has any bearing on the topic at hand. You had to go to bum fck africa to find a flaw with my statement when you know we are talking about America Christianity and Islam Radicals. You are very petty.

Your post: "How are women victims in Christianity? I never seen or heard of christian men sexual mutilate christian women"

I wasn't aware that only "America Christianity " counts for Christianity. Did I miss the memo?

Time Immemorial
Yes you missed the topic at hand and had to reach to wiki for something going on in Africa.

Africa has every problem in the world. And nothing can stop it, lets turn to that for a needle in a haystack.

Robtard
Yes you missed the topic at hand and had to reach to wiki for something going on in Africa.

Africa has every problem in the world. And nothing can stop it, lets turn to that for a needle in a haystack.

Your post: "How are women victims in Christianity? I never seen or heard of christian men sexual mutilate christian women" -Time Immemorial

Why does it not count because it happens in Africa?

Lestov16
IMHO, homosexuals are religions' longest running victims. They've been persecuted far more harshly by Abrahamic religions.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lestov16
IMHO, homosexuals are religions' longest running victims. They've been persecuted far more harshly by Abrahamic religions.

Them being killed in Iran or Russia has nothing to do with religion because Islam accepts homosexuality, they simply don't like them. Don't blame religion for everything.

Lestov16
So you are saying that Christianity has no homophobic discrimination?

Robtard
laughing out loud

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Lestov16

True that they have had their share from Christianity and Islam but I give it to women because of the sheer numbers.

Many gays have been killed but not to the tune of 5,000 honor killings that Islam imposes on it's women.

Regards
DL

dyajeep
That will surprise Catholics.

When did mainstream Protestants first allow women to preach?

Seems to me that it was not that long ago. And that information was lost all this time. Oh well.

Regards
DL

in the New Testament, it said:

"But I commend to you Phoebe, our sister, who is minister of the assembly which is in Cenchrea;"
Romans 16:1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.