Namor vs Black Panther, who is going to win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
In New Avengers 22, as Namor gracefully flew away to the unset like the unsung hero that he is, Black Panther in an unwarranted animalstic fashion

http://i59.tinypic.com/20rsf8g.jpg

As the feud continues, who do you think will win/who do you think SHOULD win?

zopzop
Namor should demolish him.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by zopzop
Namor should demolish him.

Agreed, I think any time that Black Panther was able to do any damage to him, it was always because Namor wasn't expecting it. Now he is fully aware and prepared. Namor should win 10/10

DarkSaint85
Yes, but wouldn't BP go and prepare as well?

And BP with prep...

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes, but wouldn't BP go and prepare as well?

And BP with prep...

BP with prep is impressive, but against a cunning guy like Namor whose gone toe-to-toe with the Hulk? I don't see him accomplishing much.

DarkSaint85
How was he cunning in his fight with the Hulk?

OnslaughtKILLS
How was he cunning in his fight with the Hulk?

I'm not saying he was cunning in that instance, he's cunning in general. He is not someone who is easily out-smarted, after all he was once a king.

I was just referencing his fight with Hulk to show off his strength and durability. I see nothing BP can do to him.

Parmaniac
even though the OP hasn't mentioned any prep, just tp pick up that argument:

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679584_6423572.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679585_999067.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679586_7124484.jpg

OnslaughtKILLS
Yeah, they have cool gadgets but in the end of the day, that's not going to take someone out who has the durability to fight the likes of the Hulk.

By the way, Namor has straight up owned Iron Man whose smarter and has better gear.

DarkSaint85
Iron Man is smarter and has better gear?

Lol. Not against Namor.

Especially since BP HAS tech that would take Namor out:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/BP_011_Headshot_CPS_014.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/BP_011_Headshot_CPS_016.jpg

OnslaughtKILLS
Don't see how using an example where Namor was successful against his tech shows that BP would win? Water is everywhere, and rarely is Namor not near a water source.

DarkSaint85
Unless BP with prep.....makes it so there's none?

Or stops him from reaching the water? T'Challa is smarter than Shuri, after all, and doesn't need reminding that Namor shouldn't be near water.

How was Namor successful lol. He was dying. Shuri underestimated him, and let him walk (actually, crawl) away.

T'Challa> Shuri. And won't make the same mistake.

Namor will lose.

OnslaughtKILLS
Namor won't make the same mistake of underestimating a man who decimated Atlantis and who possesses equipment that could eliminate his powers.

DarkSaint85
But yeah, great thread. People come in, show scans of Wakandan tech which has taken Namor out before by a WEAKER BP, and where he was saved by her CIS (which T'Challa won't have), and.....your only defence is, Namor will find a way?

Good thread thumb up

Supermex
Namor should,but close fight..

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
Namor won't make the same mistake of underestimating a man who decimated Atlantis and who possesses equipment that could eliminate his powers.

Namor is arrogant as hell. And sees others as beneath him (as he said so himself in the previous same issue of New Avengers). So yeah, underestimation is what he'll do.

Unless you have examples of where he was able to plan accordingly for a superior foe?

krisblaze
Black Panther would win with prep.

Namor would win without.

Black Panther v5 was a phucking trash.

tkitna
At this point, it seems T'Challa's main point of interest is killing Namor the very next chance he has. I don't believe prep is needed now. Its already taken place. Namor dies.

krisblaze
Originally posted by tkitna
At this point, it seems T'Challa's main point of interest is killing Namor the very next chance he has. I don't believe prep is needed now. Its already taken place. Namor dies.
It has taken place?

I didn't know Namor was dead laughing

tkitna
Originally posted by krisblaze
It has taken place?

I didn't know Namor was dead laughing

He very well might have been if the Hulk didn't save his butt. The Panthers pissed.

krisblaze
He very well might have been if the Hulk didn't save his butt. The Panthers pissed.

Namor didn't even limp.

OnslaughtKILLS
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/BP_011_Headshot_CPS_005.jpg

There is no way Black Panther, especially if he has equipment that can supposedly take out Namor, would be able to surprise attack him. As he says there, "I can hear a schoolof fish change direction half an ocean away. When the currents in the deepest part of the ocean later by a single degree, I know it."

Now mind you, Namor wouldn't turn his back on Black Panther. He has no knowledge of his sister, and yes, he underestimated her.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/BP_011_Headshot_CPS_012.jpg

After a quick skirmish, she says how she underestimated Namor.

At the end?

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/BP_011_Headshot_CPS_026.jpg

She lost. And yes, Namor is arrogant but so is Black Panther. Without preparation, he tried to kill Namor in New Avengers 22. We all know how that fight would have went if the other members of the Illuminati didn't try and break it up.

Namor wins, 10/10

Supermutant
A couple of desert suns + keeping Namor away for water = dead submariner

Vanguard
A highly motivated Panther can take it.

Supermex
They better not kill Namor!!

Supermex
Won't Namor be highly motivated 2 next time they meet or fight?

zopzop
Originally posted by Supermutant
A couple of desert suns + keeping Namor away for water = dead submariner
It took THREE Human Torches, one of them being the Hammond android, to ko Namor with flames. Good luck with that BP.

The only way BP wins is if the issue is so full of PIS it smells of urine.

Vanguard
It took THREE Human Torches, one of them being the Hammond android, to ko Namor with flames. Good luck with that BP.

The only way BP wins is if the issue is so full of PIS it smells of urine.

All this talk of PIS. I think something should be said for just being very intelligent and one of the best fighters on earth. Not to mention having superhuman stats of your own.

Trackz
BP should win every time, as long as they're not near water. In a forum fight, T'challa wins nearly every time.

Part of T'Challa's standard equipment is a device that literally saps Namor of all of his power. He has is and uses it and it works in damn near every single fight that he has with Namor and Namor has yet ot adjust for it. It's not PIS at all as it's been done consistently. T'Challa>Namor.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by Trackz
BP should win every time, as long as they're not near water. In a forum fight, T'challa wins nearly every time.

Part of T'Challa's standard equipment is a device that literally saps Namor of all of his power. He has is and uses it and it works in damn near every single fight that he has with Namor and Namor has yet ot adjust for it. It's not PIS at all as it's been done consistently. T'Challa>Namor.

Where was it in New Avengers 22? What are you talking about, uses it every single time?

DarkSaint85
Ahaha.

So what is the point of this thread?

You ask a question, people give their opinions, you disagree.

Now what?

OnslaughtKILLS
Ahaha.

So what is the point of this thread?

You ask a question, people give their opinions, you disagree.

Now what?

Umm, to get people's opinions? Whats the end goal of any thread in the 'Versus' forum?

deathslash
In New Avengers 22, as Namor gracefully flew away to the unset like the unsung hero that he is, Black Panther in an unwarranted animalstic fashion

As the feud continues, who do you think will win/who do you think SHOULD win? Unwarranted animalistic fashion? Namor outright said that he led Thanos' army to Wakanda and said that he flooded Wakanda and when they had the nerve to rebuild, he burned Wakanda to the ground. Apparently someone ignored two entire pages of Namor being a douchebag.

deathslash
Also, in Black Panther #21 of the Civil War comic, BP's grandpa punked Namor four times in a row.

DarkSaint85
Umm, to get people's opinions? Whats the end goal of any thread in the 'Versus' forum?

For a debate. To gain answers to questions.

You already have the answers. Why ask?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by deathslash
Also, in Black Panther #21 of the Civil War comic, BP's grandpa punked Namor four times in a row.

The same grandpa who T'Challa now has the skills and knowledge of, PLUS upgraded weaponry????

NO!!!!

deathslash
The same grandpa who T'Challa now has the skills and knowledge of, PLUS upgraded weaponry????

NO!!!! phukin right!

Trackz
Where was it in New Avengers 22? What are you talking about, uses it every single time? Those were the grenades that he threw at him.

Supermutant
Plus BP can Prep with magical armor and the ebony blade.

deathslash
Namor didn't even limp. that statement makes no sense. Of course Namor didn't limp away because he flew away. Also, all of T'challa's attacks targeted Namor's upper body. If you had a broken arm or a concusion, would you walk with a limp?

eaebiakuya
Current BP can give Namor a fight without prep. He have invisiblity, shields, teleport and, as se see in New Avengers 22 can hurt Namor.

With prep he should wins.

Trackz
Yeah, they have cool gadgets but in the end of the day, that's not going to take someone out who has the durability to fight the likes of the Hulk.

By the way, Namor has straight up owned Iron Man whose smarter and has better gear. I'm pretty sure T'Challa beat Ironman in all of their confrontations.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Parmaniac
even though the OP hasn't mentioned any prep, just tp pick up that argument:

http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679584_6423572.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679585_999067.jpg http://s5d1.turboimagehost.com/t1/19679586_7124484.jpg

Damn baby, dat ass. smile

Blue Area Vet

As the feud continues, who do you think will win/who do you think SHOULD win?

It was beyond warranted, it was justified. With prep, BP wins the majority. To be honest, it's not really a fair fight which is no disrespect to Namor. BP just has too many resources and too many ways to use them in a specific prep situation.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It was beyond warranted, it was justified. With prep, BP wins the majority.

Definitely not. Namor is the hero of this tale.

deathslash
Definitely not. Namor is the hero of this tale. hysterical What book have you been reading?

Blue Area Vet
Definitely not. Namor is the hero of this tale.

What the hell are you talking about? We are in no way discussing who the "hero" of this story was, which is ironic considering the theme of the story was that there were no heroes. Again, T'Challa's reaction to hearing Namor confess to being responsible for a second massacre of the Wakandian people is completely warranted. I'm the second poster pointing out this obvious point to you.

Supermex
F?;;k Wakanda!!

All hail Namor!!

Just kidding lol I love BP 2 and really hate that 2 of my favs are at it this bad in continuity: ( to me I rather see them as a team ala Superman/Batman

Fu?;;k you Marvel!! lol

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex
F?;;k Wakanda!!

All hail Namor!!

Just kidding lol I love BP 2 and really hate that 2 of my favs are at it this bad in continuity: ( to me I rather see them as a team ala Superman/Batman

Fu?;;k you Marvel!! lol

I agree, man it feels funny.

janus77
Namor wins.

Supermex
I agree, man it feels funny.

It does Blue!! Really does..

I love the story of the 2 fueding like this, just wish it was to others and not BP and Namor lol

I'm holding out hope that's it turn into so kind of peaceful resolve and not one of them meeting there end..

riv6672
Unwarranted animalistic fashion? Namor outright said that he led Thanos' army to Wakanda and said that he flooded Wakanda and when they had the nerve to rebuild, he burned Wakanda to the ground. Apparently someone ignored two entire pages of Namor being a douchebag.
I love that scan.
BP looks like someone stole his wallet.
Posters have already provided sound reasoning as to why Namor wins.

Team Namor. Douchebag or not, BP brought it in himself.

OnslaughtKILLS
What the hell are you talking about? We are in no way discussing who the "hero" of this story was, which is ironic considering the theme of the story was that there were no heroes. Again, T'Challa's reaction to hearing Namor confess to being responsible for a second massacre of the Wakandian people is completely warranted. I'm the second poster pointing out this obvious point to you.

1) This ALL started out because when Namor had the Phoenix Force, he lost his mind (like everyone else did) and attacked Wakanda.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/18863/2813516-screen_shot_2013_01_15_at_3.19.41_pm.png

2) How did Black Panther respond? Decimating Atlantis. How is that justified? You know whats a good response to an attack? Attacking back. He just happened to use Thanos to do it.

3) Involving the bomb to save the universe? "I know it's a NECESSARY evil. I know I would be saving hundreds of tirllions of lives at the cost of mere billions. I know there is no real shame in coming to that conclusion--in making that choice."- Reed Richards.

The rest of the Avengers were selfish and didn't want to live the rest of their lives knowing what they did to save the universe. Namor nobly put his own morals aside and did what was right. That was a major sacrifice.

4) After Namor selflessly did this, what happened next? Black Panther (who originally said he would be the one to do it, and chickened out, a move that his guardians thought was despicable by the way) sucker punched Black Panther. Namor refers to an understanding they made to stop the violence. Black Panther has been the aggressor time and time again.

http://i57.tinypic.com/28k6oec.jpg

Namor is the unsung hero for this tale.

janus77
Namor had the stomach to do what they all planned for and built for and fought for.

Still a terrible act but, nothing that they don't share the moral responsibility for.

They were just weak.

OnslaughtKILLS
Originally posted by janus77
Namor had the stomach to do what they all planned for and built for and fought for.

Still a terrible act but, nothing that they don't share the moral responsibility for.

They were just weak.

Exactly. They are the villains for planning it, literally building it, and then come execution time blaming and attacking Namor for actually doing it.

He saved lives.

riv6672
Namor makes the tough call. He can deal with the fallout.

Supermex
Namor is da shit!!

shadowknight
hysterical What book have you been reading? Excuse me what book where you reading> Wandaka attacks Atlantis and kills most of his people afer they agred to make peace. Namor is arrogant and a hothead, what is Wandaka excuse? What do you think Namor should have done?

Trackz
Originally posted by shadowknight
Excuse me what book where you reading> Wandaka attacks Atlantis and kills most of his people afer they agred to make peace. Namor is arrogant and a hothead, what is Wandaka excuse? What do you think Namor should have done? apologize profusely and attempt to help wakanda after destroying it the first time?

cdtm
If Panther had prep, then sure. he could win. But the Op never specified prep time..

Normally, I'd go with Namor.

cdtm
apologize profusely and attempt to help wakanda after destroying it the first time?

Even if he did all that, it didn't look much like the Wakandan hierarchy was interested in anything but payback. As a "here's what happens when you mess with us" show of force, if nothing else.

Plus, Namor was also possessed by the Phoenix Force.... You can blame the X-Men for a lot of things, but their actions while under the influence of the PF probably weren't their fault, as they were basically glorified puppets for a corrupted cosmic being at the time..

riv6672
Pretty much.
Even with an apology Wakanda would have found some excuse.

deathslash
Excuse me what book where you reading> Wandaka attacks Atlantis and kills most of his people afer they agred to make peace. Namor is arrogant and a hothead, what is Wandaka excuse? What do you think Namor should have done? Okay, fist thing's first. Panther is no longer the ruler of Wakanda and therefore doesn't speak for his people anymore. Panther agreed to a temporary alliance until they could solve the current problem at hand. Shuri was the one that sent Wakanda's army to decimate Atlantis (T'challa even tried to warn Namor but arrived too late). You really seem to have glossed over a lot of information.

deathslash
Originally posted by cdtm
Even if he did all that, it didn't look much like the Wakandan hierarchy was interested in anything but payback. As a "here's what happens when you mess with us" show of force, if nothing else.

Plus, Namor was also possessed by the Phoenix Force.... You can blame the X-Men for a lot of things, but their actions while under the influence of the PF probably weren't their fault, as they were basically glorified puppets for a corrupted cosmic being at the time.. Actually, I think that each of the P5 were in their right minds until Namor was defeated. I think that once each member began getting more powerful, that's when they began getting unstable.

deathlife
With prep, BP will win

deathlife
I think a lot of people haven't been reading the books carefully.

Shuri ordered the attack on Atlantis NOT T'Challa. In fact, T'Challa advised Shuri against it but she still went ahead because of Namor's earlier attack on Wakanda (when he was possessed of the Phoenix force).

Namor then led Thanos forces to Wakanda because of the attack on Atlantis which was an almighty stupid move because Thanos army almost got hold of some of the deadly, planet killing tech kept in Necropolis.

Anyways, with prep, BP will find something to kill Namor with (which will probably happen seeing the way the story is going), afterall, he made Namor scream like a ***** on his knees with his energy Panter claws.

deathlife
Okay, fist thing's first. Panther is no longer the ruler of Wakanda and therefore doesn't speak for his people anymore. Panther agreed to a temporary alliance until they could solve the current problem at hand. Shuri was the one that sent Wakanda's army to decimate Atlantis (T'challa even tried to warn Namor but arrived too late). You really seem to have glossed over a lot of information.

You beat me to it.

I think a lot of people are making comments that don't reflect what happened in the books.

T'Challa hasn't been the ruler of Wakanda for a while and hasn't spoken for them.

Can someone post a scan of BP raping Namor with the energy claws? What BP said about "Namor being remembered on his knees in front of him" was the definition of ownage.

deathslash
Originally posted by deathlife
You beat me to it.

I think a lot of people are making comments that don't reflect what happened in the books.

T'Challa hasn't been the ruler of Wakanda for a while and hasn't spoken for them.

Can someone post a scan of BP raping Namor with the energy claws? What BP said about "Namor being remembered on his knees in front of him" was the definition of ownage. I'm gonna make that picture my signature.http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19643904_New_Avengers_2013-_022-015.jpg

riv6672
Tchalla should be spending less time fighting Namor and more time slapping some sense into BPlite...yes

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by riv6672
Tchalla should be spending less time fighting Namor and more time slapping some sense into BPlite...yes

Slapping the queen of Wakanda? Okay....

riv6672
Like she doesnt need a good slap.

Supermex
Like she doesnt need a good slap.

That ass needs a good slap lol

h1a8
If BP has that suit that depowers Namor then he wins. If he doesn't then it's a good fight where BP loses everytime. SIMPLE.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Supermex
That ass needs a good slap lol

Hell yeah it does. If they ever put Shuri in a movie, the casting needs to take place outside of a five star gentleman's club. stick out tongue

tkitna
Namor didn't even limp.

True. He was to busy screaming and kneeling.

carver9
Lol...this was said before Namor and Black Panther got into a fight...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-08-11-11-24-05_zpsf69e02a5.png.html

This writer was on point. Every major event during these issues, he made sure he acknowledged the plot/hot moment of the scene before it happened. Great writing imo.

deathlife
True. He was to busy screaming and kneeling.

LOL...exactly

Trackz

Plus, Namor was also possessed by the Phoenix Force.... You can blame the X-Men for a lot of things, but their actions while under the influence of the PF probably weren't their fault, as they were basically glorified puppets for a corrupted cosmic being at the time.. im not blaming namor completely for his actions, but the least you can do after being partially responsible for a catastrophe, is help. Wakanda attacked atlantis because namor disrespected them even after coming to his senses and never made an effort to rebuild the relationship. Not to mention he had already helped dr. Doom attack wakanda.

Trackz
If Panther had prep, then sure. he could win. But the Op never specified prep time..

Normally, I'd go with Namor. he has weapons that depower namor as a part of his standard equipment. He's had it in every confrontation.

cdtm
I'm gonna make that picture my signature.http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19643904_New_Avengers_2013-_022-015.jpg

Wow.

Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, it's an awesome scene if you're a Panther fan. On the other, I can't see this kind of thing happening to Thor or Hulk, or even Black Bolt.. This does worse to lower Namor's stock then the Rulk beating did to Thor.

deathslash
Wow.

Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, it's an awesome scene if you're a Panther fan. On the other, I can't see this kind of thing happening to Thor or Hulk, or even Black Bolt.. This does worse to lower Namor's stock then the Rulk beating did to Thor. It's not impossible. Panther's tech makes him beastly

Insane Titan
I hope Namor snaps him in half.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Insane Titan
I hope Namor snaps him in half.

Yeah, good luck with that. BP is the enhanced human, non psychotic version of Thanos.

shadowknight
Before you start giving BP the win. Did anyone miss the fact that BP attacted Namor by suprised? Did anyone miss the fat that Namor said in his peae offering to BP he would offer generous terms? That's as close to an apology you'll ever get from Namor. Did anyone miss the fact that after Atantis was nearly destroyed by a sneak attack ?And a major league Super Villian was eady to attack and kill most of his survivors for an artifact he didn't have. He did the right thing by sending her against someone who just killed most of his people. BP or his sister would have done the exact same thing had their circumstance been the same.

deathslash
Before you start giving BP the win. Did anyone miss the fact that BP attacted Namor by suprised? Did anyone miss the fat that Namor said in his peae offering to BP he would offer generous terms? That's as close to an apology you'll ever get from Namor. Did anyone miss the fact that after Atantis was nearly destroyed by a sneak attack ?And a major league Super Villian was eady to attack and kill most of his survivors for an artifact he didn't have. He did the right thing by sending her against someone who just killed most of his people. BP or his sister would have done the exact same thing had their circumstance been the same. It's already been said that Shuri was the one that ordered the assault on Atlantis. T'challa isn't in the wrong. Also, our personal feelings in this don't really matter. The fact of the matter is that Atlantis (a nation that has lost several military conflicts and wars) is going up against Wakanda (a country that has never lost a war, makes the US look like a third world nation, and has beaten a prepped Dr. Doom). This isn't going to go well for Namor because he's not nearly as smart as T'challa, most certainly not as cunning, and Black Panthers have an unbroken record of punking Namor at least once.

Blue Area Vet
Before you start giving BP the win. Did anyone miss the fact that BP attacted Namor by suprised? Did anyone miss the fat that Namor said in his peae offering to BP he would offer generous terms? That's as close to an apology you'll ever get from Namor. Did anyone miss the fact that after Atantis was nearly destroyed by a sneak attack ?And a major league Super Villian was eady to attack and kill most of his survivors for an artifact he didn't have. He did the right thing by sending her against someone who just killed most of his people. BP or his sister would have done the exact same thing had their circumstance been the same.

Surprise? What's so surprising about it. BP has been saying he was going to kill Namor when this was over throughout this book and others. Namor should have "reacted" like Batman. laughing out loud

As far as all the other facts, no, I didn't miss any of them. The question is why you think this makes a difference in anything.

Blue Area Vet
http://writeups.org/img/fiche/5422.jpg

Here he is prepped for Doom in Doomwar. Immune to magic and super strong.

riv6672
Yeah, good luck with that. BP is the enhanced human, non psychotic version of Thanos.
A fanboy magnet with a love struck writer on his imaginary jock?laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
A fanboy magnet with a love struck writer on his imaginary jock?laughing out loud

Well if he is that, then what would you call Superman and Batman, every man's fantasy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't be jealous. BP is one of the most consistently written characters in the history of comics. He's had multiple writers and they all agree he's the shit.

cdtm
Yeah, but the difference is Priest made sure both guys came out looking strong. Iron Man gets taken apart by anti metal claws, then busts out a fancy ceramic stealth armor, for example. Or taking an epic beatdown from Iron Fist, but still managing to stick a device on him that not only drops him, but cleans his corrupted ki.

While Hudlin, he makes Panther look good at the other guys expense. It's Ennis writing, basically.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah, but the difference is Priest made sure both guys came out looking strong. Iron Man gets taken apart by anti metal claws, then busts out a fancy ceramic stealth armor, for example. Or taking an epic beatdown from Iron Fist, but still managing to stick a device on him that not only drops him, but cleans his corrupted ki.

While Hudlin, he makes Panther look good at the other guys expense. It's Ennis writing, basically.

Okay, but Hudlin has been gone for a long time. How long are people going to complain about him? Doesn't change my point, BP has ALWAYS been written high starting LITERALLY with his first appearance.

OnslaughtKILLS
http://writeups.org/img/fiche/5422.jpg

Here he is prepped for Doom in Doomwar. Immune to magic and super strong.

Doesn't serve him too well. He lost all the vibranium Wakanda has to offer.

deathslash
Doesn't serve him too well. He lost all the vibranium Wakanda has to offer. seems to me that you're ignoring that all of the processed vibranium is inert. Wakanda still has the largest supply of Vibranium in the world and BP still has a very good amount of it.

riv6672
Well if he is that, then what would you call Superman and Batman, every man's fantasy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't be jealous. BP is one of the most consistently written characters in the history of comics. He's had multiple writers and they all agree he's the shit.
I'd call Supes and Bats great characters who have some really retarded fans.
Judging by this thread and some sites i've now come across, i'd say BP is well on his way to joining them.
But no, i'm not jealous.
I was actually slamming Thanos, who really is just what i said he is.

namorsubby
Namor should demolish him. point blank period. End thread.

tkitna
The important word in that phrase is SHOULD, but WOULDNT is the correct term.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by namorsubby
point blank period. End thread.

No, BP would kill him if that was truly his intent. He has the means.

krisblaze

This sums it up.

deathslash
This sums it up. you know he was talking about Thanos right?

krisblaze
you know he was talking about Thanos right?
Sums up Black Panther as well.

riv6672
This should be an interesting storyline, all told.

Anyone have a breakdown on where the heroes weigh in? Especially the FF?

deathslash
Sums up Black Panther as well. not really

riv6672
Not really, but he's for sure getting to Superfanboy level.

cdtm
I'd call Supes and Bats great characters who have some really retarded fans.
Judging by this thread and some sites i've now come across, i'd say BP is well on his way to joining them.
But no, i'm not jealous.
I was actually slamming Thanos, who really is just what i said he is.

Under Starlin, yeah.

He's still pretty uber under other writers, but at least now other characters don't get dumbed down just so he could look good (Elders of the Universe, for one.)

I liked Giffen's take on him, though. He was Starlin levels of uber, but Giffen almost played it for laughs, like a parody of super serious baddass Starlin Thanos.

krisblaze
Under Starlin, yeah.

He's still pretty uber under other writers, but at least now other characters don't get dumbed down just so he could look good (Elders of the Universe, for one.)

I liked Giffen's take on him, though. He was Starlin levels of uber, but Giffen almost played it for laughs, like a parody of super serious baddass Starlin Thanos.
Priest played down every other character to around street-level.

Thor was almost stalemated by a regular phucking human.

riv6672
Haha@last few posts

So, nothing on the MU superhuman community? They all sitting this one out?

namorsubby
The important word in that phrase is SHOULD, but WOULDNT is the correct term. Why wouldn't he? Please try to be specific and not vague.

tkitna
Panthers ready for him and has prepped. I can't think of anything right now thats more important to Panther than beating or even killing Namor. The fact that Panther is a genius and Namor is a dumbasss kinds of puts the ball in T'Challa's court. Also, there was the last encounter when Panther had Namor at his mercy until the Hulk intervened. I know your a Namor fanboy, but it doesn't look good for old pointy ears right now.

OnslaughtKILLS
This should be an interesting storyline, all told.

Anyone have a breakdown on where the heroes weigh in? Especially the FF?

Neutral. But Reed thinks Namor is a "monster."

Vanguard
Panthers ready for him and has prepped. I can't think of anything right now thats more important to Panther than beating or even killing Namor. The fact that Panther is a genius and Namor is a dumbasss kinds of puts the ball in T'Challa's court. Also, there was the last encounter when Panther had Namor at his mercy until the Hulk intervened. I know your a Namor fanboy, but it doesn't look good for old pointy ears right now.

This is true. But I kinda wanna see Panther take Namor down unprepped....just to make the feat that much more impressive. Do something like what he did in their most recent encounter.

namorsubby
I guess the "be specific and not vague part" was glossed over. And yes, everyone who thinks namor should, could, or will beat black panther immediately has to be pegged as a fanboy. Great debating.

cdtm
Priest played down every other character to around street-level.

Thor was almost stalemated by a regular phucking human.

Was responding to the post about Thanos.

Priest, when it comes to Panther, made him into a prep god, but also put him through some pretty tough fights and even losses (Kraven), and many of his victories were pyrric, like walking away from the Iron Fist fight with serious brain damage, or beating Iron Man as the brain damage caused a ruptured aneurysm. (To his future self, time traveled from the future.)

Basically, he was both insanely op, and insanely unlucky or fallible. Like a John Constantine. It was awesome.

riv6672
Reed thinks Namor is a "monster."
Funny, so does Sue. http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/cool.gif

Seriously though, neutral?
Everyone's lucky Cap's not around right now...

tkitna
I guess the "be specific and not vague part" was glossed over. And yes, everyone who thinks namor should, could, or will beat black panther immediately has to be pegged as a fanboy. Great debating.

What ares you looking for? Do you want us to tell you exactly how the writer is going to have Panther win? The last encounter, Panther was destroying him with energy claws. Will that be the same story when and if they fight again? Not sure. I'm not the writer for those Marvel comics.

The Panther is a genius intellectual that talks shop with Reed, Stark, and Pym. He's the head of a nation that is feared and respected throughout the Marvel Universe and has performed feats like curing cancer during their down time. Preparing for a 2nd tier brick would be a walk in the park.

namorsubby
The only way Namor loses to or even looks bad against black panther is through extenuating circumstances unfavorable to him within the plot(ie being sneak attacked).This is called a plot device except when the word "prep" is substituted for it. If the writer wishes to have black panther emerge victorious despite being vastly physically overmatched and at a major disadvantage in one in one combat I'm sure he can dream up something. Maybe like a weapon specifically designed to target a weakness developed by bp, etc. Either way in a straight up fight between the two standard equipment, suits, and current versions Namor should and would dominate.

DarkSaint85
I.e. if BP's greatest ability, his mind, is taken down to a brick's level of fighting.

Trackz
The only way Namor loses to or even looks bad against black panther is through extenuating circumstances unfavorable to him within the plot(ie being sneak attacked).This is called a plot device except when the word "prep" is substituted for it. If the writer wishes to have black panther emerge victorious despite being vastly physically overmatched and at a major disadvantage in one in one combat I'm sure he can dream up something. Maybe like a weapon specifically designed to target a weakness developed by bp, etc. Either way in a straight up fight between the two standard equipment, suits, and current versions Namor should and would dominate. bp has beaten namor in every encounter though. His standard equipment is able to depower namor to the point where be can barely stand. It wouldnt be "dreaming up" to have bp use a weapon he has used in the vast majority of his fights with namor.

tkitna
Either way in a straight up fight between the two standard equipment, suits, and current versions Namor should and would dominate.

Its never going to be that way though. T'Challa is a genius and we are all sure he isn't going to go into a fight between him and Namor with just his standard equipment. Being that his main objective at this point is to bring Namor down, i'm sure he has plans to do just that. Namor would be the one being dominated in this scenario (just as he was in their last encounter). I realize the writers aren't going to have Namor killed off, but in truth, he is to dumb to really do anything about it. Panther could kill him if he wanted to.

namorsubby
bp has beaten namor in every encounter though. His standard equipment is able to depower namor to the point where be can barely stand. It wouldnt be "dreaming up" to have bp use a weapon he has used in the vast majority of his fights with namor.

So being unexpectedly attacked multiple times with weapons specific to your weakness, while not even aggressively countering or fighting all out and instead showing leniency, stopping to speak several different times? This is how black panther "beat" Namor. Even after hulk broke up the fight Namor was still fine and never attempted to attack BP every time their scuffles( ie BP sneak attacking Namor with special weapons) were broken up. The one time Namor back handed him while in reeds grasp, he quickly yelled for Namor to stop before "it goes too far" Why? Because we all now what would happen if Namor went all out against him....or at least we should. What that was was Tchalla actively trying to kill Namor, with the latter holding back. Flip that situation and BP would be dead.

cdtm
Batman vs Superman logic.

Yeah, Black Panther could beat Namor.... But happens if Namor tries tearing into him first? That Vibranium mesh suit only goes so far... (As he found out against Danny Rand..)

riv6672
These last two posts pretty much say it all.

And now, onto the next 4 pages...smile

deathslash
So being unexpectedly attacked multiple times with weapons specific to your weakness, while not even aggressively countering or fighting all out and instead showing leniency, stopping to speak several different times? This is how black panther "beat" Namor. Even after hulk broke up the fight Namor was still fine and never attempted to attack BP every time their scuffles( ie BP sneak attacking Namor with special weapons) were broken up. The one time Namor back handed him while in reeds grasp, he quickly yelled for Namor to stop before "it goes too far" Why? Because we all now what would happen if Namor went all out against him....or at least we should. What that was was Tchalla actively trying to kill Namor, with the latter holding back. Flip that situation and BP would be dead. Wow. Okay, Namor did try to fight back, T'challa simply wasn't giving him the chance. Namor stopped to speak the first time because Reed broke up the fight between them. I guess you conveniently didn't see the part during the second scuffle where Namor tried to crush/ kill BP with a punch that created a crater in the ground. I guess you missed the Part where Reed said that they were going to kill each other. The fact of the matter is that Black Panthers have a history of defeating/ humiliating Namor. Just accept it and we can all move on.

krisblaze
^stop trolling.

Panther was on his ass in v3.

deathslash
^stop trolling.

Panther was on his ass in v3. So you don't have any real argument other that "stop trolling"? Concession accepted. You mad bro?

krisblaze
So you don't have any real argument other that "stop trolling"? Concession accepted. You mad bro?

My argument was that Namor came out stronger in the first fight they had in Priest's run.

Hence why I said "Panther was on his ass in v3".

Why don't you try reading the phucking comics if you're going to argue on a comic-book forum?

I'll never understand people like you or carver.

deathslash
My argument was that Namor came out stronger in the first fight they had in Priest's run.

Hence why I said "Panther was on his ass in v3".

Why don't you try reading the phucking comics if you're going to argue on a comic-book forum?

I'll never understand people like you or carver. Good for Namor. Tell me again who was winning in the Avengers book. It was pretty clear that I was joking/trolling by the tone of my second comment (even quoting a famous phrase that Quanchi always uses) but apparently you don't know what a joke is, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or it's your time of the month, so I'll be sure not to makes jokes around you in the future.

TedKordJRBOSS
Bp wins With prep

riv6672
One sided prep.
Has no one realized Namor isnt just going to sit around and wait?

Honest question. This is a multi page thread with a lot of spam, mine included, not sure if anyone's made that point.

deathslash
One sided prep.
Has no one realized Namor isnt just going to sit around and wait?

Honest question. This is a multi page thread with a lot of spam, mine included, not sure if anyone's made that point. truthfully, it doesn't matter. Namor isn't going to go for a full frontal assault when he knows that it would be exactly what BP is expecting. Namor will probably try to be shifty and/or use cunning but BP will be/ always is three steps ahead of him and will be prepared. Also, BP probably already has the plans for defeating Namor and will just have to get the weaponry to use on him (assuming that he doesn't just carry it on his person at all times). Also, with the way that Namor was getting stomped on in their last fight, I think prep might not be needed (Vibranium claws/ daggers, superior fighting skills, weaponry designed to take on high level threats, etc.).

riv6672
Wow you completely missed the point.
OR are giving BP so much credit as to say nothing Namor can do will matter.

If i misread you i apologize, but thats what it seems like.

krisblaze
Good for Namor. Tell me again who was winning in the Avengers book. It was pretty clear that I was joking/trolling by the tone of my second comment (even quoting a famous phrase that Quanchi always uses) but apparently you don't know what a joke is, you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or it's your time of the month, so I'll be sure not to makes jokes around you in the future.

Yes, it was very obvious that you were trolling.

Why do you think I told you to stop trolling?

namorsubby
Wow. Okay, Namor did try to fight back, T'challa simply wasn't giving him the chance. Namor stopped to speak the first time because Reed broke up the fight between them. I guess you conveniently didn't see the part during the second scuffle where Namor tried to crush/ kill BP with a punch that created a crater in the ground. I guess you missed the Part where Reed said that they were going to kill each other. The fact of the matter is that Black Panthers have a history of defeating/ humiliating Namor. Just accept it and we can all move on. Smh.

I guess you missed the part where the entire issue Namor was holding back and talking while BP was trying to kill him with sneak attacks with specially designed weapons( Which is completely out of his character btw) He dodged one punch that probably would've killed him. Awesome.....but that the furthest thing from Namor actually fighting him. Accept THAT, and we can move on.

deathslash
Wow you completely missed the point.
OR are giving BP so much credit as to say nothing Namor can do will matter.

If i misread you i apologize, but thats what it seems like. I understood what you said. Let me rephrase it. We all know that T'challa would have to be in a coma for Namor to win a prep battle (I know you didn't mention prep but I felt like I should reiterate it). Namor did seem to have the advantage BP in Priest's run but that was years ago and BP has gotten a serious upgrade since then and so has his weaponry. I think it's too early to be sure, but with his weapons, I could see him taking 6/10 in a straight up fight.Originally posted by krisblaze
Yes, it was very obvious that you were trolling.

Why do you think I told you to stop trolling? my reply to Namorsubby was me semi-serouisly debating and my reply to you was a joke. Take it easy man, we're all friends here (or at least we should be on a friendly basis).Originally posted by namorsubby
Smh.

I guess you missed the part where the entire issue Namor was holding back and talking while BP was trying to kill him with sneak attacks with specially designed weapons( Which is completely out of his character btw) He dodged one punch that probably would've killed him. Awesome.....but that the furthest thing from Namor actually fighting him. Accept THAT, and we can move on. Of course he was talking, the fights kept getting broken up and he kept telling them to thank him for what he did. You're right, it wasn't a real fight, it was closer to a beating. Seriously though, I can't wait to see what happens when they both go all out.

krisblaze
my reply to Namorsubby was me semi-serouisly debating and my reply to you was a joke. Take it easy man, we're all friends here (or at least we should be on a friendly basis)

I told you stop trolling, which may or may not have been a joke.

To which you replied with some aggravated post.

In turn I explained my post, and you responded that you were merely trolling/joking, which I already pointed out in my first post.

I reiterate and you post saying that we should be friends and that I need to take it easy.

In both cases you've supplied both the anger and the levity.

I'm just trying to post man, no anger or friendliness. Just trying to have some kind of semi-serious discourse here, without the trolling.

deathslash
I told you stop trolling, which may or may not have been a joke.

To which you replied with some aggravated post.

In turn I explained my post, and you responded that you were merely trolling/joking, which I already pointed out in my first post.

I reiterate and you post saying that we should be friends and that I need to take it easy.

In both cases you've supplied both the anger and the levity.

I'm just trying to post man, no anger or friendliness. Just trying to have some kind of semi-serious discourse here, without the trolling. my post wasn't agrivated though. As a matter of fact, the post immediately after you told me to stop trolling was the very first time that I made a joke. Let's just drop this and move on with the debate.

krisblaze
I think Namor wins a prepless fight.

He's more than strong enough to kill Panther in a two hits or so.

His damage soak is insane and he has a track-record of fighting stronger and defeating stronger guys.

my post wasn't agrivated though. As a matter of fact, the post immediately after you told me to stop trolling was the very first time that I made a joke. Let's just drop this and move on with the debate.

Gladly.

riv6672
I understood what you said. Let me rephrase it. We all know that T'challa would have to be in a coma for Namor to win a prep battle (I know you didn't mention prep but I felt like I should reiterate it).
And i guess i understood you, then.
You ARE giving BP so much credit you believe there's nothing Namor can do.
I disagree, but thanks for responding.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Vanguard
All this talk of PIS. I think something should be said for just being very intelligent and one of the best fighters on earth. Not to mention having superhuman stats of your own.
his tech beats namor i agree. Superhuman stats, ha ha. Even a totally dehydrated Namor is more than twice as strong as BP

HulkIsHulk
Unwarranted animalistic fashion? Namor outright said that he led Thanos' army to Wakanda and said that he flooded Wakanda and when they had the nerve to rebuild, he burned Wakanda to the ground. Apparently someone ignored two entire pages of Namor being a douchebag.
seems like everybody forgot Wakanda throwing away namor's peace treaty and destroying atlantis after AvX. Both BP and Namor are fueding with thousands of lives like children

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
seems like everybody forgot Wakanda throwing away namor's peace treaty and destroying atlantis after AvX. Both BP and Namor are fueding with thousands of lives like children

Okay, fist thing's first. Panther is no longer the ruler of Wakanda and therefore doesn't speak for his people anymore. Panther agreed to a temporary alliance until they could solve the current problem at hand. Shuri was the one that sent Wakanda's army to decimate Atlantis (T'challa even tried to warn Namor but arrived too late). You really seem to have glossed over a lot of information.

deathslash
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
his tech beats namor i agree. Superhuman stats, ha ha. Even a totally dehydrated Namor is more than twice as strong as BP you just lost any and all credibility that you have or ever would have because of that one statement.

namorsubby
Actually true. Look it up.

riv6672
Yeah, thats not even an opinion. Its a fact.

Stoic
Looked to me as if BP had his number before they were interrupted. I feel sorry for Namor. Black Panther only needs to prep, and bring out some device that would completely dehydrate and drain Namor.

The End.

riv6672
I usually dont haha your posts but, haha.

Trackz
So being unexpectedly attacked multiple times with weapons specific to your weakness, while not even aggressively countering or fighting all out and instead showing leniency, stopping to speak several different times? This is how black panther "beat" Namor. Even after hulk broke up the fight Namor was still fine and never attempted to attack BP every time their scuffles( ie BP sneak attacking Namor with special weapons) were broken up. The one time Namor back handed him while in reeds grasp, he quickly yelled for Namor to stop before "it goes too far" Why? Because we all now what would happen if Namor went all out against him....or at least we should. What that was was Tchalla actively trying to kill Namor, with the latter holding back. Flip that situation and BP would be dead.

Everyone knows Namor is stronger than T'Challa. It's ridiculous to ignore the fact that T'Challa has carried equipment that puts Namor on his knees in the majority of their encounters. The "desert suns" or however they're called, sap Namor of all strength and they're a part of T'Challa's standard equipment. Namor never attempts to dodge, he never attempts to prepare. We know T'Challa has something that instantly causes Namor to lose the fight, I don't understand how Namor pulls this out.

Magog
Panther is getting Batman-esque worship here, it's chic to pic him to beat just about anyone these days, as long as he has prep.

I'm going with the veteran here.... Namor

riv6672
Chic. I like that.
Lets also not forget its being assumed Namor is going to literally just stand immobile, doing nothing prior to or during the battle.

HulkIsHulk
you just lost any and all credibility that you have or ever would have because of that one statement.
Then how strong is BP? 3 tonner 5 tonner range? I beleive that a fully dehydrated Namor is in Spiderman base Venom strength range. BP can beat him in a fight then, but its not as if he's gonna get one-shotted. I am not worried about my credibilty with you. And just to let you know, I think BP one shotting Karnak is PIS.

DarkSaint85
Last time Wakandan tech was used to dehydrate Namor, he was so weak he was crawling on all fours.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>