Jesus was a troll, was he not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
Jesus was one of the largest trolls in history. And before you haters assume "THIS GUY IS TROLLING!" maybe you should read before you become presumptuous. I hear being presumptuous is bad for your colon.

See, now you haters distracted me. Sorry reader on behalf of the haters out there. Now back to the original message:

Jesus was a troll. Why? Well...

1) Jesus went around to some groups of people proving he was God and then running around to other people not proving he was God. So when those "deceivers" questioned him, all Jesus did was provide a parable! I don't know about any of you, but if some strange hobo who probably hasn't showered in weeks came up to me and said he was God, I'd have a couple of questions.

2) He hung out with lepers and then returned as if it was no big deal. If he isn't proving to people that he isn't God, they had EVERY RIGHT to be completely terrified of him. I know leprosy isn't a 2013 problem, but it was back then. It was so bad that anyone who had it were outcast because they thought they would all get it and die from it. So when the crazy hobo going around saying he is God is chilling with lepers...some people could see him as being 'disruptive to society.'

3) If he could transform a loaf of bread into an abundance of fish (or however that story goes), then why was he a carpenter? Couldn't he have transformed the wood to whatever he was trying to make? Was he bored? Why would God be bored?

I could go on but I think you get the point. IFFFFFFFF the Bible was true (and that's a huge IF because I personally think it's a fairy tale...like Snow White), then Jesus was a major troll. And if the son of God is a troll, then what does that say about God?

Lord Lucien
tl;dr

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
Jesus was one of the largest trolls in history. And before you haters assume "THIS GUY IS TROLLING!" maybe you should read before you become presumptuous. I hear being presumptuous is bad for your colon.

See, now you haters distracted me. Sorry reader on behalf of the haters out there. Now back to the original message:
Are you hearing voices while you write this? Perhaps you should see a doctor.

1) Jesus went around to some groups of people proving he was God and then running around to other people not proving he was God. So when those "deceivers" questioned him, all Jesus did was provide a parable! I don't know about any of you, but if some strange hobo who probably hasn't showered in weeks came up to me and said he was God, I'd have a couple of questions.
Perhaps giving example of where Jesus did this in the bible would give your argument more credence.
2) He hung out with lepers and then returned as if it was no big deal. If he isn't proving to people that he isn't God, they had EVERY RIGHT to be completely terrified of him. I know leprosy isn't a 2013 problem, but it was back then. It was so bad that anyone who had it were outcast because they thought they would all get it and die from it. So when the crazy hobo going around saying he is God is chilling with lepers...some people could see him as being 'disruptive to society.'
Again, could you relay the story where Jesus visited lepers? It sounds like you have never read any of the bible.
3) If he could transform a loaf of bread into an abundance of fish (or however that story goes), then why was he a carpenter? Couldn't he have transformed the wood to whatever he was trying to make? Was he bored? Why would God be bored?
The what-if game is not a very good argument. It shows more of your own ignorance of the topic then adds to your point.

I could go on but I think you get the point. IFFFFFFFF the Bible was true (and that's a huge IF because I personally think it's a fairy tale...like Snow White), then Jesus was a major troll. And if the son of God is a troll, then what does that say about God?
Why is this in the GDF? It should be in the RF.

OnslaughtKILLS
It happened in the Gospel of Luke, he "healed" 10 lepers and in another Gospel even touched them.

Oneness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why is this in the GDF? It should be in the RF. I don't think he's trying to be religious. Just venting his frustrations of religion.

Pertaining to the OP: The catharsis of Jesus is self-sacrifice.

Surtur
I don't view Jesus as a troll, but I do view God from the bible as a mass murdering psychopath. So, I guess..they do try to imply Jesus and God are one in the same so technically..Jesus would also be a mass murderer? Not sure exactly how that all works.

SamZED
I don't think there's a law to punish someone for crimes he's committed as an omnipotent deity.

jinXed by JaNx
Talking to yourself yields the best of answers. GO for it.

dadudemon

Sounds like you're an angsty atheistic teen lashing out against your parents because they are religious. I'm pretty sure you're not 15.

Here is a problem with your assumptions:

God and Jesus are not the same entity/person. They are two separate beings. The Trinity concept is a newer concept and exists only because it was a political tool of manipulation.

Also, Historians think Jesus is better described as a "general contractor" and not a carpenter. He was a "teckton." He more likely worked with rock than he did wood.

And a guy who can turn water into wine, heal leprosy, and raise people from the dead is probably not going to be viewed as a diseased person. Why do you think tons of people started following him around wherever he traveled? Do you even logic, bro?

Time Immemorial

Pretty sure the people who killed him were trolls, dumbo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.