Ven Zallow vs. Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Marco1907
Zallow. Fisto is not good in lightsaber duels, his speed is good though.

Trocity
Fisto

Emperordmb
Fisto's speed impresses me more. While he's not well specced for single combat, he's still an amazing swordsman.

I'm leaning Fisto

carthage
Fisto probably takes this

S_W_LeGenD
Zallow comfortably

1. Outright blitzed two battle-hardened Sith warriors simultaneously, such speed.
2. Outdueled Lord Adraas during a brief exchange between the two.
3. Element of great precision in attacks/reactions.
4. Excellent acrobatic moves, reflexes and sense of awareness of the surroundings.
5. Superior to notables such as Jedi Master Usma and Bengel Morr according to POV of Darth Malgus.

NewGuy01
Nah.

Kit Fisto has casually blitzed two battle-hardened IG-101's, whom most Jedi Knights were no match for canonically.

Never happened, Zallow BFR'd him with a Force Push.

Cool, Kit Fisto is above them too.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nah.

Kit Fisto has casually blitzed two battle-hardened IG-101's, whom most Jedi Knights were no match for canonically.

Never happened, Zallow BFR'd him with a Force Push.

Cool, Kit Fisto is above them too.

LOL Dude, You're arguing with the guy that said Vindican> Talon
But anyway, yeah NewGuy01 and Emperordmb are right. Fisto is more impressive than Zallow and has some pretty good feats more so than Zallow

Marco1907
Fisto also tagged Sidious, and manage to deflect 3 attack of his, however his lightsaber to lightsaber dueling skill was not enough (weakness of Shii Cho) to continue with Sidious & Windu.

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Marco1907
Fisto also tagged Sidious, and manage to deflect 3 attack of his, however his lightsaber to lightsaber dueling skill was not enough (weakness of Shii Cho) to continue with Sidious & Windu.
No, Fisto blocked a single attack of Sidious which I assume to be an outcome of circumstances since Mace covered him for as long as possible but this wasn't enough to prevent Fisto's demise.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
What is this supposed to mean? You make it sound like as if Darth Talon is canonically established to be above Lord Vindican and I argued against an official revelation. Think wisely before you post something.

But anyway, yeah NewGuy01 and Emperordmb are right. Fisto is more impressive than Zallow and has some pretty good feats more so than Zallow
Fisto isn't on level of Zallow. Not even close.

Q99
Zallow's pretty darn impressive too. I see it as a fight, but Zallow handling Adraas easily shortly before getting into a *really* close fight with Malgus was impressive. And... I think I'd give Malgus at that point the nod over Fisto as well.

So yea, I'd go Zallow.

Nalaniel

No, he's arguing with the guy who said Darth Skotia = Dooku.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nalaniel

Selenial
I sort of want to make a Yoda vs TOR Jedi #39204 and watch LeGenD make a case as to why Yoda would tire himself out and die.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Selenial
I sort of want to make a Yoda vs TOR Jedi #39204 and watch LeGenD make a case as to why Yoda would tire himself out and die.
That would be hilarious.

FreshestSlice
Do Braga, Bakarn, or the Barsen'thor. HoT is too obvious.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That would be hilarious.

No, that would be legen... wait for it... dary.

Nephthys
Zallow, imo. I consider Darach to be similar to Fisto, and Zallow is above him.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Based on what? Assumption? Not convinced.
Fisto is easily superior to Usma and Bengel Morr.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Nephthys

Agreed.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Fisto is on par with Darach? erm

Fisto is fast and proficient enough to handle Vindican and Malgus simultaneously in a duel? I don't think so.

S_W_LeGenD
Fisto is easily superior to Usma and Bengel Morr.
Bengel Morr subdued Orgus Din and Usma put up a great fight against Lord Praven who in turn put up a great fight against HoT.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I made an assessment, you don't want to accept it, ok. But don't make this a fundamental issue.

You are the girl who put Palpatine and Sidious in a Strike Team in a different thread. So should I make this a fundamental issue?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
No

Yoda does have shortcomings in effectiveness but they are mostly mindset related. This doesn't means that he will not beat lot of opponents, he certainly will.

Yoda's dueling approach is to use his tremendous speed and technical proficiency with a lightsaber to strike his opponents down as quickly as possible, aging factor, energy related demands of his dueling style and size likely influence his approach. However, if this does not happens, then the issue arises and Yoda is passive in his environmental manipulation moves.

Nonetheless, this is debate for another topic.

Emperordmb
Bengel Morr subdued Orgus Din and Usma put up a great fight against Lord Praven who in turn put up a great fight against HoT.
Bengel Morr was a padawan during the sacking of Coruscant, and his fight with Orgus Din took place a decade later.

Do you have any quotes or evidence or anything to suggest how good of a fight Usma put up? Cause all I'm hearing is "he lost to a guy who lost to another guy."

S_W_LeGenD

Emperordmb

S_W_LeGenD
Neither of those impress me more than Fisto.
Well, I cannot do anything about your mindset.

But keep in mind that Lord Praven represented a boss battle for HoT and the latter is much superior to likes of Fisto. This observation suggests that both Lord Praven and Usma are superior to likes of Fisto as well.

S_W_LeGenD
Fisto lost to Ventress as well, Obi-Wan saved him from death during this confrontation.

Nephthys
Fisto is on par with Darach? erm

Fisto is fast and proficient enough to handle Vindican and Malgus simultaneously in a duel? I don't think so.

Yeah. He was fast and proficient enough to handle Grievous, after all. Fisto is pretty legit.

Well, I cannot do anything about your mindset.

But keep in mind that Lord Praven represented a boss battle for HoT and the latter is much superior to likes of Fisto. This observation suggests that both Lord Praven and Usma are superior to likes of Fisto as well.

Nah it doesn't. Cipher 1 was a boss fight for the HoT as well. Is a random Imperial Cipher Agent superior to Fisto too?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If you were to take Bengel Morr's words into consideration, by the end of Tython, the Hero is stronger than Zallow. Saying Praven gave a much later HoT a "great," fight would make him superior to Zallow as well. So saying that Zallow>Fisto because Praven>Fisto is a moot point. The best explanation would be that Praven improved in between Deceived and SWTOR.

NewGuy01
Fisto lost to Ventress as well, Obi-Wan saved him from death during this confrontation.

And days earlier Kit kicked Obi-Wan's ass in a sparring match.

Ventress won that battle due to a variety of favoring circumstances.

Nalaniel
You are the girl who put Palpatine and Sidious in a Strike Team in a different thread.

So? What was wrong with that?

Marco1907
And days earlier Kit kicked Obi-Wan's ass in a sparring match.

Ventress won that battle due to a variety of favoring circumstances.

Kit didn't kick Obi-Wan's ass there, just that Obi-Wan admit Fisto is faster, also sparring match means really nothing in SW.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Marco1907
Kit didn't kick Obi-Wan's ass there, just that Obi-Wan admit Fisto is faster, also sparring match means really nothing in SW.

He defeated Obi-Wan, who was in awe of Kit's skill, and acknowledged that he was visibly restraining himself.

And they mean more than many people think. No, contesting with other duelists doesn't make one their equal, but it does speak for their ability to operate on a similar level of skill. In this case, Kit outright defeated Obi-Wan, whilst holding back his true capabilities.

Nephthys
Yeah. It really shows the level of improvement Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ventress (and maybe GG?) go through between AotC and RotS.

NewGuy01
Ventress actually doesn't improve as much as some tend to estimate. The case is definitely true for Obi-Wan, though.

Marco1907
He defeated Obi-Wan, who was in awe of Kit's skill, and acknowledged that he was visibly restraining himself.

And they mean more than many people think. No, contesting with other duelists doesn't make one their equal, but it does speak for their ability to operate on a similar level of skill. In this case, Kit outright defeated Obi-Wan, whilst holding back his true capabilities.

Mace Windu sparred with both Quinlan Vos & Saesee Tiin, he could stomp them with ease but since it was ''sparring match'' he didn't...

Obi-Wan's talent depends on his wits, balance, using environment etc. Not to mention his style is defensive one. He only said that Fisto is better swordfighter(not duelist), because he is more aggresive and Fisto can defeat more droid than Obi-Wan in a specific time (in AotC). However lightsaber to lightsaber dueling is different. Thats why Fisto get ass kicked by Ventress, while Obi-Wan didn't get any.

QuakeBlood
up

UCanShootMyNova
Either way.

carthage
Solid fight

Could go either way imo

gideongarner01
Ven Zallow wins. Being able to almost stalemate a Count Dooku level opponent (Malgus) is better than anything kit has done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.