5 TOR Sith Warriors vs. 5 Elite Vong Warriors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
All out

Battle takes place in Aruk's Cantina

Q99
Hm, a Cantina will cut the range down.

Do the Sith *know* about the Vong's lack of force presence? If they don't, they're likely to lose one or two just by surprise at that, which gives the Vong a nice advantage. If they do know, I think they should win-with-casualties.

Arhael
Vong easily.

Nephthys
The Sith do have the advantage of lightning, which can affect Vong iirc.

Q99
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Sith do have the advantage of lightning, which can affect Vong iirc.

On the flip side, the Vong have their thud bugs for range (razor, etc.), and being set in a Catina, it's likely to be a mostly melee fight anyway.

Plus the lightning of random warriors is weak, and reduced more due to vong force resistance. Do some damage, sure, but it's not as telling as usual.

Nephthys
Sure, but even weak lightning is something that ****s you up something fierce.

psmith81992
I don't recall because it's been a while but how did regular force lightning affect the Vong? The sith don't have Luke's Emerald Lightning.

Nephthys
Didn't Jacen go nuts and kill a bunch of them with it at one point?

Q99
Well, Krayt killed a ship full of them without weapons, so yea, lightning can work, but Krayt or Jacen's lightning >>> random sith warrior's.

Sure, but even weak lightning is something that ****s you up something fierce.

Remember, this lot doesn't care much about pain. If you're just giving them some burns (between the reduction and the armor, fairly likely), it'll slow 'em down a little but not stop them.

FreshestSlice
Pretty sure any form of Lightning is both hard to conjure and extremely painful to feel. Even with insulating armor.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Pretty sure any form of Lightning is both hard to conjure and extremely painful to feel. Even with insulating armor.

That brings the point that warriors may not have it at all. There have been the occasional weak force user with weak lightning (Dark Empire Dark Adepts, for example), but it is true a lot of average sith don't have it.

And, well, Vong don't mind pain much. Pain alone won't stop them.

Arhael
Didn't Jacen go nuts and kill a bunch of them with it at one point?
Actually they were immune to Jacen's lightning, he collapsed ceiling instead.
It was later contradicted by Jaina killing a Vong with lightning.
It was again contradicted when Jacen deliberately used disabling version of lightning on Vong because he did not want to kill them with it.
More sources show that lightning does work, so yeah, that's their best shot.

S_W_LeGenD
Sith of what caliber are being considered in this thread?

If these Sith are graduates, they can take Vong.

thumb up

Emperordmb
Yeah... but it would probably just give the Vong an orgasm more than anything else.

FreshestSlice
Which would be the perfect time to stab them with ole laser sword.

NewGuy01
This really isn't a debate, though. The Vong's armor is lightsaber-proof, their weapons are exotic and unorthodox, and they're resistant to the Force. And these five in particular are elite warriors, not just the run of the mill soldiers. Worst case scenario they have one or two casualties.

Q99
Which would be the perfect time to stab them with ole laser sword.

Which would in turn be the perfect time to bite back with an amphistaff!

carthage
@SWlegene the TOR sith are whatever rank/specialization that the warriors were that attacked Coruscant with Malgus and Adraas

Nephthys
That definitely evens things. Those sith were among the best in the Order.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
This really isn't a debate, though. The Vong's armor is lightsaber-proof, their weapons are exotic and unorthodox, and they're resistant to the Force. And these five in particular are elite warriors, not just the run of the mill soldiers. Worst case scenario they have one or two casualties.
I'm not saying the Sith will win. I'm just going to ask when the enemy doesn't have most of these things? Aside from Force Resistance, that is.

Q99
I'm not saying the Sith will win. I'm just going to ask when the enemy doesn't have most of these things? Aside from Force Resistance, that is.

Armor of that level and weapons that unusual are pretty rare in SW. I guess the odd Mandalorian has something similar, but even then only a few elites have lightsaber-resistant armor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.