Invincible vs Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Was thinking about this one.

No bfr

who wins?

eaebiakuya
Nova Prime ?

NINO ?

Gecko4lif
With the worldmind i presume

Mark would give rich a thrashing in close combat however i think rich os a good deal faster and has the ranged options needed to wear him down

Nova 6/10

Stoic
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Nova Prime ?

NINO ?

No not Rich Rider, the current Nova. you know Sam the teen.

Khazra Reborn
Invincible would mangle Sam, Rich would be a great fight though.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Invincible would mangle Sam, Rich would be a great fight though.

Sam just did pretty well against BRB though. I doubt it would be easy. Sam is also more powerful no?

dmills
I'd root for Mark, but Sam would probably win. Supposedly the Black Nova helmet grants Sam unlimited access to the Nova force unlike the gold helmeted Nova Centurions that we're used to.

Galan007
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Invincible would mangle Sam, Rich would be a great fight though. given how sam has been portrayed thus far(marvel thinks quite highly of him if you haven't noticed, lol), i could honestly see him doing better than dick here. /shrug

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
given how sam has been portrayed thus far(marvel thinks quite highly of him if you haven't noticed, lol), i could honestly see him doing better than dick here. /shrug

You have to admit, Sam is cool.

Galan007
he's definitely grown on me. thumb up

CadenceV2
My thoughts.

Invincible is a ner even match for his father Omni Man. Omni Man has shown superiority to Supreme, and Supreme has shown to be equals to Gladiator in all canon Image Comics to themselves.

That said it is ABC logic, but enough proof to me that Mark is in the same league as say Gladiator as far stats go.

Anyway I give this fight to Mark for the fact he not only has speed blitzed foes often but shown to be much more violent than Nova has in fighting as well. Add in the fact mark will keep fighting with his guts being ripped out shows will power to keep going till the end.

Good fight though.

dmills
Originally posted by Stoic
You have to admit, Sam is cool.

No.

Galan007
lol, even you have to admit that this scene with sam and tony was pretty cool:
http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19706157_Nova_Special_001-027.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/19706161_Nova_Special_001-028.jpg

Branlor Swift
Sam is pretty beastly for whatever reason.

Though even with his best showing I don't think he should be anywhere near Dick at full power. He's probably a lot more powerful than Dick though before he became Nova Prime.

cdtm
Originally posted by dmills
I'd root for Mark, but Sam would probably win. Supposedly the Black Nova helmet grants Sam unlimited access to the Nova force unlike the gold helmeted Nova Centurions that we're used to.

What, like Supernova? So does that make Sam a Nova Prime...?

Richard's helm was gold, though.

Kind of stupid if he's Nova Prime at the start of his career....

celeyhyga17
Invincible would wreck Sam. I would give Richie a slight edge though.

dmills
Originally posted by cdtm
What, like Supernova? So does that make Sam a Nova Prime...?

Richard's helm was gold, though.

Kind of stupid if he's Nova Prime at the start of his career....

From what I read I read, a former Black Nova called Adomox told Sam that the Black Novas were never really part of the Nova Corps.
The group had formed on its own due to their belief that the Nova Corps wasn't powerful enough. He further explains that members of the Nova Corps were allowed more access to the Nova Force as they moved up in the ranks. Adomox felt the problem was that only a few had access to any real power in that organizational structure. The Black Novas created the Black Nova helmets to allow them to access the Nova Force without restrictions.

I've read the black Novas being called "Supernovas" on various comic sites. I wouldn't be surprised if Saal had something to do with this since his helmet was black the last time we saw him during War of kings.

http://www.zonanegativa.com/2009/4238.jpg

SamZED
What happened in the past few months that made people love Sam? He was being trashed by everyone when Marvel introduced him into comics. Also anything that has something to do with the Ultimate Spider-man show can't possibly be good, can it?

Sin I AM
Yea i agree, i hate the new nova

Stoic
Originally posted by SamZED
What happened in the past few months that made people love Sam? He was being trashed by everyone when Marvel introduced him into comics. Also anything that has something to do with the Ultimate Spider-man show can't possibly be good, can it?

Read it, and find out for yourself. Sam is awesome. You have to also take consideration for his ineptitude when he first got the power. Sam getting swatted around at first was more due to mindset, than his actual power level. The kid is a power house.

dmills
Originally posted by SamZED

Basically from what I've gathered he's been kicking people's asses and a lot of folk love that sort of thing. Couple that with an unprecedented "Nova" push by the best and brightest at Marvel (the kid is in everything) and there you have it. All despite doing lower numbers than Richard did at the same sales point in his run. Its basically been mandated that he must "succeed". sick

Galan007
Sam's demeanor and overall characterization is what I've come to enjoy. He reminds me a lot of Jaime Reyes(Blue Beetle), in that regard.

...Though I can understand why the Dick-purists might not appreciate Sam.

dmills
Sam's demeanor and overall characterization is what I've come to enjoy. He reminds me a lot of Jaime Reyes(Blue Beetle), in that regard.

...Though I can understand why the Dick-purists might not appreciate Sam.

Ripped right off of the pages of Tony Bedard's last run on the title. Almost to a tee lol.

Rich was a rare thing in comic-dom in that long time fans saw him grow from teenager to man and evolve from incompetent neophyte to savior of the universe. His story had a complete arc beginning to end without the continuity retcons and such that plague so many popular characters. Also, the people who wrote his books were actually fans of the character and genuinely loved writing him. T.I. was a perfect last stand for him.

To see Marvel give Sam the kind of push that they never gave Rich is a slap in the face to longtime fans. Admittedly It's hard to take such a firm stance against Sam, especially given the fact that he's inspired by Loeb's late son and all, however I think it's a necessary evil at this time.

SamZED
Originally posted by Stoic
Sam is awesome. That I agree with. cool

cdtm

...Though I can understand why the Dick-purists might

It doesn't help that he's into dubstep.. sick

CadenceV2
Im curious what feats Sam has to best Mark here now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.