Ferguson Riots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
The way it was explained to me, a kid stole a pack of cigs from this QT, was chased down by cops - got hit, turned around, put his hands up, and was gunned down. They went to that QT, beat up the owners who called the cops, and burned the place down.

They didn't stop there, they broke through windows of shopping stores all up and down the area, I saw everything boarded up.

I actually rode past the QT yesterday; they were protesting "hands up, don't shoot!"

The burned down quick trip had "RIP Mike Mike" and "Snitches get Stitches" on it.

I saw all the boarded up windows across town. They stole everything.

IMO, people up at North County are desparate and looking for a reason to steal. Not as bad as in Illinois, East Saint Louis though. That's the hoodiest hood in Ameirca, Washington Park. Don't **** with North County, definitely don't **** with the East Side. Government abandoned them a long time ago.

The government never did shit for Saint Louis.

Neat fact: STL Pruit-Igoe is where Doctor Manhattan's theme came from in the Watchmen movie.

Shakyamunison
All of the rioters should be arrested and put in jail.

Raisen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

yes. they are doing nothing productive. they are making this situation much worse

Lek Kuen
I used to live there. Still live nearby.

God we are stupid.

Lestov16
Stupid ass black people. Always thinking past injustices give them the right to act like primitive savages. Don't they realize this only reinforces the kinds of stereotypes that lead to these tragedies? If they were smart, they'd be advocating for a federal law for cops to wear cameras, because that would definitely decrease the rate of these incidents. But just keep rioting, because that's the black thang roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Lestov16
Stupid ass black people. Always thinking past injustices give them the right to act like primitive savages. Don't they realize this only reinforces the kinds of stereotypes that lead to these tragedies? If they were smart, they'd be advocating for a federal law for cops to wear cameras, because that would definitely decrease the rate of these incidents. But just keep rioting, because that's the black thang roll eyes (sarcastic)

While it's not that simple and that post reeks of racism. I do agree that it's retarded and our so called leadership (the black leadership) are too big of pussies to actually combat our issues within the community and the bad that festers in it. And just want to pass the buck

Robtard
You Missourians don't know how to ****ing riot. Out West in California, people know how to riot.

1992 Los Angeles Riot:

Length: 6 Days
Buildings Burned: 3,767
Property Damage 1 Billion+
Arrests: 11,000+,
Injuries: 2,000+,
Deaths: 58 (50 Homicides)
Outside sources needed: California Army National Guard, 7th Infantry Division, 1st Marine Division
Police/Troops total: 13,000

Info taken from Wiki

Lestov16
I'm black, and if we can casually refer to ourselves using a derogatory term meant to denote inferiority, I can make a few statements regarding their ignorance.

As far as I can tell, the problem comes from a predominant culture based upon shallow materialism and superficiality, glorification of crime, and demeaning misogyny, combined with a close minded belief in religion which closes their imagination from the mind-expanding questions of nature and thus dilutes their desire for intelligence. Now as I said, not all African Americans fall under this category, but a arguably majority percentage do, and this reinforces the stereotypes which lead to such police brutality, leaving blacks in a perpetual cycle of violence and ignorance. Thing is, until blacks realize this, we will never truly be in the same social class as whites.

Robtard
While I can't argue with all your points, being born into poverty and a culture that treats you like a suspect/criminal due to skin color can't be an easy obstacle to overcome while growing up.

Lestov16
a suggestion that could rectify a lot of that social pressure.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Robtard
You Missourians don't know how to ****ing riot. Out West in California, people know how to riot.

1992 Los Angeles Riot:

Length: 6 Days
Buildings Burned: 3,767
Property Damage 1 Billion+
Arrests: 11,000+,
Injuries: 2,000+,
Deaths: 58 (50 Homicides)
Outside sources needed: California Army National Guard, 7th Infantry Division, 1st Marine Division
Police/Troops total: 13,000

Info taken from Wiki thumb up

Learn from the masters, brehs.

ArtificialGlory
I'm black, and if we can casually refer to ourselves using a derogatory term meant to denote inferiority, I can make a few statements regarding their ignorance.

As far as I can tell, the problem comes from a predominant culture based upon shallow materialism and superficiality, glorification of crime, and demeaning misogyny, combined with a close minded belief in religion which closes their imagination from the mind-expanding questions of nature and thus dilutes their desire for intelligence. Now as I said, not all African Americans fall under this category, but a arguably majority percentage do, and this reinforces the stereotypes which lead to such police brutality, leaving blacks in a perpetual cycle of violence and ignorance. Thing is, until blacks realize this, we will never truly be in the same social class as whites.

EsbZ2C9bH1k

Time Immemorial
LA riot as Rob said is legit. All the rest are wanna bee's.

Lek Kuen

Alot of that is a factor but a lot of this is an effect more so than the problem itself. Except for the misogyny. That shit is a huge separate problem that I have no idea how to combat.

The issue as a whole I'll make a post with my thoughts a little later when I have the time to make the much larger post needed for the topic

Bardock42
No, **** this. The police gunned down an unarmed kid after heckling him for being black and on the street (yeah, this guy got killed for jaywalking, surely his race had nothing to do with that). The guy did nothing and they murdered him. So **** this spin. These riots are not a function of "black culture gone mad" it's a function of racist ass cops getting away with their power trips as always.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Bardock42
No, **** this. The police gunned down an unarmed kid after heckling him for being black and on the street (yeah, this guy got killed for jaywalking, surely his race had nothing to do with that). The guy did nothing and they murdered him. So **** this spin. These riots are not a function of "black culture gone mad" it's a function of racist ass cops getting away with their power trips as always.

I agree its ****ed up. But it doesn't excuse burning down the buildings of unaffiliated people and tearing up your own neighborhoods as well as attacking others in no way related.

If they attacked government buildings and stuff like that I'd be all for it. But tearing up and robbing random people and buildings? =/

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I agree its ****ed up. But it doesn't excuse burning down the buildings of unaffiliated people and tearing up your own neighborhoods as well as attacking others in no way related.

If they attacked government buildings and stuff like that I'd be all for it. But tearing up and robbing random people and buildings? =/

Riots are bad. Everyone agrees with that. The structural racism of the US Police is a hundred times worse though, and I will not put up with people making the riots the issue when the real issue is the racism of the people in power.

Lek Kuen
Riots are bad. The structural racism of the US Police is a hundred times worse though, and I will not put up with people making the riots the issue when the real issue is the racism of the people in power.

The riots are an issue that need to be dealt with and not glossed over. Our reactions to those uninvolved in every situation needs to be dealt with too. Your right, there are issues with Us police But it is in no way current worse then the problems in the black community that are self inflicted And our refusal to deal with it just makes it get worse and worse and causes more and more issues to happen.

The cops used to be worse, but that isn't the case now. And we need to deal with both them and our own violence and destruction of our community. Fighting the institution will be meaningless if we have no home to go back to.

Robtard
I can somewhat understand the rioting as a means to let out feelings and get a point across over an injustice, that 'the people' will not stand by while yet another of their own is trampled by a system that is supposed to protect them. Which is what the initial few hours of the 1992 LA riot were.

But how do you explain and dismiss the looting? How is stealing a television a form of protest against an injustice?

Lek Kuen
I can somewhat understand the rioting as a means to let out feelings and get a point across over an injustice, that 'the people' will not stand by while yet another of their own is trampled by a system that is supposed to protect them. Which is what the initial few hours of the 1992 LA riot were.

But how do you explain and dismiss the looting? How is stealing a television a form of protest against an injustice?

I'd get it to if they were tearing down the very places that don't harm them and that they do need. And for the stealing, it's the ever present criminal element that we don't want to face and deal with. This si the time to face it, we need to take both our own community and the police head on. Not give them an excuse to act worse and blame it on the white man because we want to gloss over their actions.

Bardock42
The riots are an issue that need to be dealt with and not glossed over. Our reactions to those uninvolved in every situation needs to be dealt with too. Your right, there are issues with Us police But it is in no way current worse then the problems in the black community that are self inflicted And our refusal to deal with it just makes it get worse and worse and causes more and more issues to happen.

The cops used to be worse, but that isn't the case now. And we need to deal with both them and our own violence and destruction of our community. Fighting the institution will be meaningless if we have no home to go back to.

No one glosses over the riots. They will be dealt with to the extend of the law as always, rioters won't get away with it as long as they can be prosecuted.

Yet, people will continue to get away with murdering black people in the name of their safety, because that issue is not addressed whatsoever. Look at the bullshit Oneness posted. The system doesn't work fair and just, it targets and victimises minorities (in the US mainly black people and latinos) and protects and further a white supremacist status quo.

At any rate there's a lot of peaceful protests that are completely glossed over as well.

As an aside

As far as I can tell, the problem comes from a predominant culture based upon shallow materialism and superficiality, glorification of crime, and demeaning misogyny, combined with a close minded belief in religion which closes their imagination from the mind-expanding questions of nature and thus dilutes their desire for intelligence

How is that any ****ing different from "white" culture?

I also don't really agree with the trope that the issues within black communities are self inflicted, they don't exist in a vacuum, and there's a lot of shitty societal elements that black communities can't escape being affected by.

Lek Kuen
No one glosses over the riots. They will be dealt with to the extend of the law as always, rioters won't get away with it as long as they can be prosecuted.

I mean addressed by the black community. We need to deal with our actions as well. This a chance to take both on once again.

I can't speak too accurately about all of the states, but this area is my home and I know pretty well what we act like. We don't ever want to address our issues and we gloss over our violence. Unless it happens to specifically one our own friends and relatives.

We will not address the riots, just like we never want to own up to our issues. We'll just ***** that people got arrested for it

Lek Kuen

I also don't really agree with the trope that the issues within black communities are self inflicted, they don't exist in a vacuum, and there's a lot of shitty societal elements that black communities can't escape being affected by.

I've always said its more complicated then that. But we do help the problems grow by our refusal to try and deal with it. And just cry about being victims even in situations where we aren't.

There are problems caused by white society and it planted the seeds to begin with. But we have to cut it down ourselves and not let it grow while hoping they'll back off.

Tzeentch
Riots are bad. Everyone agrees with that. The structural racism of the US Police is a hundred times worse though, and I will not put up with people making the riots the issue when the real issue is the racism of the people in power. Contrary to what you may think, Human beings are generally capable of drawing separate but equally valid conclusions from a situation without marginalizing either one.

Racist ass cops is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Black America being comprised of retards is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Neither issue is being glossed over.

Bardock42
Well, like I definitely think it is a good idea for black communities to address the issues they face, however since I am white, I mostly see this from the POV of white people using it as an excuse to not at all considering our shitty culture that actually caused all that crap. Not just the racism and white supremacy that makes it okay for authority figure to harass (and in certain circumstances injure or kill) black people, but also the bad aspects of black culture that have been directly caused by the way blacks have been historically treated.

People pretend everything is fine today, just like they pretended everything was alright during the civil rights movement, just like they pretended everything was alright during the civil war, just like they pretended everything was alright when people where bought and sold like chattel, and we need to stop doing that.

This is a convenient excuse that white people use, and I don't care for it, it's ****ing bullshit, we should clean up our culture that causes so much suffering and not pretend like everything is fine with how life is, and it's just these angry black people messing themselves up with no fault of white culture.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Contrary to what you may think, Human beings are generally capable of drawing separate but equally valid conclusions from a situation without marginalizing either one.

Racist ass cops is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Black America being comprised of retards is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Neither issue is being glossed over.

As someone very much part of white culture, I can assure you that racist ass cops is a problem being glossed over perfectly fine.

Tzeentch
As someone very much apart of black culture, I can assure you that Black America being comprised of retards is a problem being glossed over perfectly fine.

However, neither problem is being glossed over due to acknowledgement of the other problem.

Bardock42
Actually, racist ass cops is definitely in large part glossed over by "White" America because of the claim that the problem is really "Black America being comprised of retards"....so....

Lek Kuen
Well, like I definitely think it is a good idea for black communities to address the issues they face, however since I am white, I mostly see this from the POV of white people using it as an excuse to not at all considering our shitty culture that actually caused all that crap. Not just the racism and white supremacy that makes it okay for authority figure to harass (and in certain circumstances injure or kill) black people, but also the bad aspects of black culture that have been directly caused by the way blacks have been historically treated.

People pretend everything is fine today, just like they pretended everything was alright during the civil rights movement, just like they pretended everything was alright during the civil war, just like they pretended everything was alright when people where bought and sold like chattel, and we need to stop doing that.

This is a convenient excuse that white people use, and I don't care for it, it's ****ing bullshit, we should clean up our culture that causes so much suffering and not pretend like everything is fine with how life is, and it's just these angry black people messing themselves up with no fault of white culture.

I get it, I really do. And it does need to be addressed and and handled. but as a black man who in this same community we are talking about sees us ignore all the problems we do and actually add to it and allow it to fester long after we realized that the government won't come fix it. We need to deal with both. I've seen cops kill black people here for nothing and get the expected outrage from us and in some cases in get killed in return. But I've also seen a guy I actually knew gun down city council and all of us ignore the victims and their family and just cry that he was shot down and literally silence or harm any black person in the community who condemned his action. I've seen us refuse to deal with the criminal element taking more and more of our youth and us not want to openly speak about what we are doing to help them get stronger and bigger.

A lot of our problems were caused or enforced by society and racist police. But we aren't doing much to take control of our own communities. If we know we won't get help we have to not only condemn the system but take control for ourselves. We have to change things, we have to try to push our people for better. Instead of just moving away and acting like nothing was wrong when we actually get something. We have to be parents, we have to be a community. We have to not hate each other while complaining about what whites do. Taking on both at once is hard. But we have to do it, we must not let it get farther and not let the very blacks who destroy our community think we are own their side.

Like tupac said "step back, watch 'em kill each other" we want to criticize any who leave and behave different but in reality we hate each other.

Tzeentch
Actually, racist ass cops is definitely in large part glossed over by "White" America because of the claim that the problem is really "Black America being comprised of retards"....so.... And the inverse is also true. ...So...

Does it bother you that people in this thread are discussing retarded black America more than racist ass cops?

Bardock42
And the inverse is also true. ...So...

These facts acknowledged and hopefully things to change?

I feel like you started this particular tangent of conversation, really....

I get it, I really do. And it does need to be addressed and and handled. but as a black man who in this same community we are talking about sees us ignore all the problems we do and actually add to it and allow it to fester long after we realized that the government won't come fix it. We need to deal with both. I've seen cops kill black people here for nothing and get the expected outrage from us and in some cases in get killed in return. But I've also seen a guy I actually knew gun down city council and all of us ignore the victims and their family and just cry that he was shot down and literally silence or harm any black person in the community who condemned his action. I've seen us refuse to deal with the criminal element taking more and more of our youth and us not want to openly speak about what we are doing to help them get stronger and bigger.

A lot of our problems were caused or enforced by society and racist police. But we aren't doing much to take control of our own communities. If we know we won't get help we have to not only condemn the system but take control for ourselves. We have to change things, we have to try to push our people for better. Instead of just moving away and acting like nothing was wrong when we actually get something. We have to be parents, we have to be a community. We have to not hate each other while complaining about what whites do. Taking on both at once is hard. But we have to do it, we must not let it get farther and not let the very blacks who destroy our community think we are own their side.

Like tupac said "step back, watch 'em kill each other" we want to criticize any who leave and behave different but in reality we hate each other.

Well, that's fair enough. I don't really think it's my place to judge this, as I know little about it. But I just really want white people to not use this argument as an excuse to not consider or deal with the problems in white culture. A lot of white people will treat all of this like a "black issue", and that's just not the case. And if a white person is trying to gloss over that I find it extremely distasteful, and I feel that's exactly what Oneness was doing.

Lek Kuen
And the inverse is also true. ...So...

Does it bother you that people in this thread are discussing retarded black America more than racist ass cops?

Speaking of that. I'm focusing more on it because it's more relevant to me to have to deal with the aftermath we put ourselves through. Like I said, I've had this happen in my actual town before. And us not want to address it. I've had both white friends distant themselves from me as a result of racial tensions and been into fights with my black neighbors and threatened, over my disagreements with our actions. The fact that I have to be careful taking kids outside is a pressing issue with me.

Bardock42

No, not that in particular, like I said in my last post, it bothers me when white people use it as an excuse to gloss over the issue of structural racism (which is the part "we" (white people) should try to fix). I don't have an issue with people discussing black communities and black culture independently of that.

Though I found some of Lestov's arguments sounded extremely racist.

Tzeentch
These facts acknowledged and hopefully things to change?

Could you rephrase this? I don't follow.

And, nah. You more or less started the dialogue when you started complaining about the current on-going discussion about retarded Black America.

Fair enough.

Speaking of that. I'm focusing more on it because it's more relevant to me to have to deal with the aftermath we put ourselves through. Like I said, I've had this happen in my actual town before. And us not want to address it. I've had both white friends distant themselves from me as a result of racial tensions and been into fights with my black neighbors and threatened, over my disagreements with our actions. The fact that I have to be careful taking kids outside is a pressing issue with me.

I have similar sentiments. I've been discriminated against by racist people in power many times, but the problems with black culture harms me more immediately and frequently than racist cops.

Also, that the police are mad with power and need to be regulated more strictly is pretty much a foregone conclusion where I live. So, not much to discuss.

Lestov16

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. As I said, answering injustice within the system by causing anarchic injustice within their own streets, doing nothing to correct the system and only reinforcing it, only reaffirms stereotypes and perpetuates the cycle of stratification that keeps us back.

As I said, get a national rally to advocate a federal requirement for law enforcement (at least on a state level) to wear cameras. Police injustices will decrease really quick.

Robtard
Also, that the police are mad with power and need to be regulated more strictly is pretty much a foregone conclusion where I live. So, not much to discuss. What has the SFPD ever done to you!?

Tzeentch
I didn't tell you about how I got arrested at the Pride Parade last year for suspicion of stealing some lesbian's Iphone?

Me and three other black dudes I'd never met spent about 30 minutes handcuffed with our faces pressed up against a chain-link fence outside Montgomery BART.

Robtard
I didn't tell you about how I got arrested at the Pride Parade last year for suspicion of stealing some lesiab's Iphone?

You certainly did not.

Tzeentch
edited with details

They took everything out of my pockets, asked me a bunch of questions and eventually let me go "with a warning".

Lestov16
No, not that in particular, like I said in my last post, it bothers me when white people use it as an excuse to gloss over the issue of structural racism (which is the part "we" (white people) should try to fix). I don't have an issue with people discussing black communities and black culture independently of that.

Though I found some of Lestov's arguments sounded extremely racist.

I do agree that the killing was racial injustice that should be answered for, but how does the destruction of one's community aid that? Why should people be sympathetic towards people that, when confronted with injustice, answer it not through intelligence and higher thinking, but reverting to their primitive animalistic instincts, doing nothing to solve the problem, and pretty much using the opportunity to commit wanton crime?

And I'm not saying all black people fall under this category, but there are those who do, and quite simply, they're making us look bad.

Robtard
edited with details

They took everything out of my pockets, asked me a bunch of questions and eventually let me go "with a warning".

A warning to not be the guy who didn't steal a lesbian's iPhone again?

Tzeentch
That's what I get for supporting gays. Jesus was right! thumb up

Shabazz916
the riots were not the right thing to do. but the cop had no reason to shot.. i mean call back up.. take him down.. there are many other ways to stop someone without shooting.. and they always result to that tactic with us black ppl and that is sad..

Lek Kuen
People farther out in the city have been causing stuff too, mostly peaceful but some have taken the random violence still. I wonder if my job will get targeted. Doubtful since it hasn't happened yet but would be interesting

Oneness
thumb up

Learn from the masters, brehs. California aint Shit

Do you knowhow small the sorrounding towns are popuulation wise. The police force there has 52 white officers and 3 black officers. They arent done with the protests, bloods and crypts are getting involved from all over.

They just declaredmarshal law. Feds are in.

The governmentmade east stl, illinois the most extreme ghetto in america.

Oneness
Mlk riot *****.

This part of misery/illannoy is the worst part of the world

Lestov16
Why doesn't Obama just issue a federal inquiry like they did when Rodney got beat? Ferguson police wouldn't be able to hide that prick policemen and the show of justice will quell discord.

Shakyamunison
Why doesn't Obama just issue a federal inquiry like they did when Rodney got beat? Ferguson police wouldn't be able to hide that prick policemen and the show of justice will quell discord.

You think Obama cares?

dadudemon
While I can't argue with all your points, being born into poverty and a culture that treats you like a suspect/criminal due to skin color can't be an easy obstacle to overcome while growing up.

The Italians would like to respectfully disagree. smile

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
The Italians would like to respectfully disagree. smile

Even back in the 20-30's at the height of Italian infamy in certain cities, America's black-population still had harder stereotype obstacles.

dadudemon
Actually, racist ass cops is definitely in large part glossed over by "White" America because of the claim that the problem is really "Black America being comprised of retards"....so....

Do you have a legit scientific poll to support this?

From my experience, I can say that most Americans think that some cops are racist and it is a problem.

vansonbee
5f0mVn0HH6U

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/riot-in-white-neighborhoods.png

Robtard
"Go riot in the white neighborhoods" and get shot by the police some more. Brilliant advice.

ArtificialGlory
"Go riot in the white neighborhoods" and get shot by the police some more. Brilliant advice.

It's brilliant advice if you want to keep acting like an eternal victim.

Robtard
Have you been watching American History X again?

Cos while it's a solid movie, the ultimate message of "Die-hard racist beliefs can be turned around after being ass-raped and reading a few books in jail" was a little silly.

ArtificialGlory
Have you been watching American History X again?

Cos while it's a solid movie, the ultimate message of "Die-hard racist beliefs can be turned around after being ass-raped and reading a few books in jail" was a little silly.

Yea, let's just go burn some shit down instead.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yea, let's just go burn some shit down instead.

Ya, destroying is always easier then building.

dadudemon
Even back in the 20-30's at the height of Italian infamy in certain cities, America's black-population still had/have harder obstacles.

This is incorrect in the past tense sense of your statement.

Italians, from 1880s-1940s were one of, and for extended periods of time, the most discriminated against ethnicity in America. As I've said before, the "record" for the most people lynched at once is not African Americans, it is Italian Americans.

There are two reasons that Italians are now above the population average in socioeconomic Status:

1. Many of the Italians were light enough that they could blend in with their white counter-parts by cleaning up their language and Americanizing their names. But this does not even come close to explaining the difference: it only explains a small portion of the Italian American population. As fact, the vast majority of Italians that immigrated were southern Italians (just take a look at history to see why they were leaving, en masse).
2. The Italians came to America for very different reasons than Sub-Saharan Africans: they came to America for better opportunities and to escape a shitty-ass country.

To flesh this out even better, many of the same issues that African Americans face currently and in the past were faced with even more officially sanctioned racism and they (Italian Americans) still rose above it: To quote myself:

"...from what I found, all of those applied to Italians: judicial system, policing, and commercial organizations were very much against Italians. I never knew that there were "Italian Lynchings" in America. There were anti-Italian laws, too. It wasn't just some "disparate impact" legislation, either: it was specific to Italians. There were quotas put in place on the number of people allowed from countries (lol). I guess it was getting bad. There were local laws, too, like no Italians loitering n'stuff."

And to dispute the first point I made above, inimalist had this to say:

"I'd just say there are far more salient historical reasons than simply 'blacks look different' or 'have different names'."

I also had this to say:

Basically, Italians made their place, despite being lower on the rung than even African Americans, through hard work and assimilating faster.

If African Americans want to see similar success, as a whole, that Italian Americans have, they must do the same things as a whole: work their asses off so that in 2 generations, they have similar SES to the population average.

Ain't that some shit? Imagine if there was a paradigm shift in the subculture of African Americans that emphasized education and hard work? If you're not black in America, you really do not know what it is like growing up and being called "white boy" or "Uncle Tom" for just wanting a good education and a job. It is tough to overcome that and some do. Some tell those people "**** you. I'm getting a great education, I'm going to study, I'm going to work hard, and **** this shithole."*

*That's pretty much with the Italians said when they emigrated out of Italy. no expression

NemeBro

As far as I can tell, the problem comes from a predominant culture based upon shallow materialism and superficiality, glorification of crime, and demeaning misogyny, combined with a close minded belief in religion which closes their imagination from the mind-expanding questions of nature and thus dilutes their desire for intelligence. Now as I said, not all African Americans fall under this category, but a arguably majority percentage do, and this reinforces the stereotypes which lead to such police brutality, leaving blacks in a perpetual cycle of violence and ignorance. Thing is, until blacks realize this, we will never truly be in the same social class as whites. I agree, black culture is stupid.

Robtard

Italians, from 1880s-1940s were one of, and for extended periods of time, the most discriminated against ethnicity in America. As I've said before, the "record" for the most people lynched at once is not African Americans, it is Italian Americans.

There are two reasons that Italians are now above the population average in socioeconomic Status:

1. Many of the Italians were light enough that they could blend in with their white counter-parts by cleaning up their language and Americanizing their names. But this does not even come close to explaining the difference: it only explains a small portion of the Italian American population. As fact, the vast majority of Italians that immigrated were southern Italians (just take a look at history to see why they were leaving, en masse).
2. The Italians came to America for very different reasons than Sub-Saharan Africans: they came to America for better opportunities and to escape a shitty-ass country.

To flesh this out even better, many of the same issues that African Americans face currently and in the past were faced with even more officially sanctioned racism and they (Italian Americans) still rose above it: To quote myself:

"...from what I found, all of those applied to Italians: judicial system, policing, and commercial organizations were very much against Italians. I never knew that there were "Italian Lynchings" in America. There were anti-Italian laws, too. It wasn't just some "disparate impact" legislation, either: it was specific to Italians. There were quotas put in place on the number of people allowed from countries (lol). I guess it was getting bad. There were local laws, too, like no Italians loitering n'stuff."

"I'd just say there are far more salient historical reasons than simply 'blacks look different' or 'have different names'."

I also had this to say:

Basically, Italians made their place, despite being lower on the rung than even African Americans, through hard work and assimilating faster.

If African Americans want to see similar success, as a whole, that Italian Americans have, they must do the same things as a whole: work their asses off so that in 2 generations, they have similar SES to the population average.

Ain't that some shit? Imagine if there was a paradigm shift in the subculture of African Americans that emphasized education and hard work? If you're not black in America, you really do not know what it is like growing up and being called "white boy" or "Uncle Tom" for just wanting a good education and a job. It is tough to overcome that and some do. Some tell those people "**** you. I'm getting a great education, I'm going to study, I'm going to work hard, and **** this shithole."*

*That's pretty much with the Italians said when they emigrated out of Italy. no expression

So you were once called a WOP yet managed to overcome it thumb up

Shabazz916
Originally posted by NemeBro
I agree, black culture is stupid.

that is america black culture.. we were stripped from our original culture

NemeBro
To be fair, it's more like your original culture sold you to us.

Shabazz916
To be fair, it's more like your original culture sold you to us.

how ?

Robtard
Originally posted by Shabazz916
how ?

Many of the initial African slaves were sold to European slave traders by other Black Africans. It was common for a powerful African tribe to conquer a weaker tribe and then sell those captured people for goods to the white man. There were also small groups of black slave traders who would kidnap their own people and sell them as slaves.

It wasn't until later when a solid slave population was had that white slave owners would "breed" their own slaves.

NemeBro
Right, it was just an edgy historical joke.

Robtard
Should I delete the mothering ****ing facts I laid out like a total badass boss then so your joke will remain a joke?

Shabazz916
Many of the initial African slaves were sold to European slave traders by other Black Africans. It was common for a powerful African tribe to conquer a weaker tribe and then sell those captured people for goods to the white man. There were also small groups of black slave traders who would kidnap their own people and sell them as slaves.

It wasn't until later when a solid slave population was had that white slave owners would "breed" their own slaves.

its common for victors to tell the story how they want to tell it.. epecially when there is no one to tell any different

NemeBro
its common for victors to tell the story how they want to tell it.. epecially when there is no one to tell any different Couldn't the Africans who sold other Africans say different?

Shabazz916
Couldn't the Africans who sold other Africans say different?

to bad no one believes africans were sold... accept if u listen to it from white ppl's mouths...

Omega Vision
slavery has always been a part of most African cultures. Traditionally it would involve prisoners of war or debtors, or it would be a way of "fixing" troublemakers like drunks by forcing them to clean up their act through hard labor.

That was the main difference between African slavery and American/European slavery, which was about making people money.

As for Shabazz's post at the top of the page: what the Hell is "original black culture?"

Is he suggesting that there's some kind of monolithic African culture rather than hundreds if not thousands of individual tribes and nations with their own languages and customs and folkways? Man, put that NOI/Black Panther/UNIA/Negritude Pan-African bullshit away.

NemeBro
to bad no one believes africans were sold... accept if u listen to it from white ppl's mouths... Actually I had a black history teacher who taught me this when I was a school.

Oh, and who is "no one"? Because history teachers and professors, anyone who has actually researched the subject, aka people whose opinions actually matter, agree that African tribes would conquer smaller ones and sell them as slaves, be it to other powerful tribes or, when the Europeans were offering their trade goods, to "white people".

I'm sorry that life is not and hasn't been as black and white (lul) as you wanted it to be. I wasn't trying to shift blame from the Europeans to the Africans for the slave trade and was merely making a joke. Both did immoral by today's standards acts, although the Europeans immorality was probably more far-reaching and damaging, meaning it's more "their fault" than the African tribes who sold slaves.

Why do you refuse to accept this widely-understood historical fact though?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Is he suggesting that there's some kind of monolithic African culture rather than hundreds if not thousands of individual tribes and nations with their own languages and customs and folkways? Man, put that NOI/Black Panther/UNIA/Negritude Pan-African bullshit away. To be fair, he didn't necessarily mean that.

His wording could mean there was just one black culture, but it could also have meant that regardless of what culture any given black man, woman, or child was under, it was taken from them. "Original" could just have been referring to the individual's original culture.

Robtard
He also puts a space between the last word of the sentence and the question mark.

Omega Vision
To be fair, he didn't necessarily mean that.

His wording could mean there was just one black culture, but it could also have meant that regardless of what culture any given black man, woman, or child was under, it was taken from them. "Original" could just have been referring to the individual's original culture.
That would be more reasonable.

Oneness

I also had this to say:

*That's pretty much with the Italians said when they emigrated out of Italy. no expression My genius grand dad went from poor to niddle class during that time. North italy, he was badically a corlione. Went from boxing to being barber to accounting.

Robtard
Originally posted by Oneness
My genius grand dad went from poor to niddle class during that time. North italy, he was badically a corlione. Went from boxing to being barber to accounting.

The Corleone family (The Godfather) was from Sicily, which isn't in Northern Italy. The more you know.

dadudemon
So you were once called a WOP yet managed to overcome it thumb up

That's too close to home, man:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140103160059/disney/images/5/57/44383-Right-in-the-feels-TJAE.jpeg

But, yeah, marginalizing racism is pretty dumb. It is still racism. Just because my people have been more industrious than others, does not mean it is okay to be racist against them...unless they are Jersey Shore types...then it is okay.

Ahhhhh...I get it, now. I see why people in the black community don't like the degenerates in their group. Lawd Jeezus, I just had an epiphany and I understand the "black-on-black" hate I'm seeing in this thread.

Lestov16
that is america black culture.. we were stripped from our original culture

And what's so good about our original culture?

Tzeentch
Yah, I ask that sometimes. My Mom is super afro-centric, typical "The White Man is dirt" type- she's always put African culture on this pedestal that I don't quite understand. I mean, I'm sure Africans have their fair share of cultural or technological achievements, but so has every other culture.

Everything I've read about African cultures more or less depicts them as always having been Imperialistic warring **** faces who fought over scarce resources, even before the Europeans' meddling.

Lestov16
I will sure as hell say this: I would much rather have my ancestors captured so I can live in the good ol' USA than have my ancestors not be captured and currently live in a shithole like Ethiopia.

Oneness
The Corleone family (The Godfather) was from Sicily, which isn't in Northern Italy. The more you know. My great grandparents literally immigrated from Sicily and yes it is an island off north Italy.

dadudemon
Yah, I ask that sometimes. My Mom is super afro-centric, typical "The White Man is dirt" type- she's always put African culture on this pedestal that I don't quite understand. I mean, I'm sure Africans have their fair share of cultural or technological achievements, but so has every other culture.

Everything I've read about African cultures more or less depicts them as always having been Imperialistic warring **** faces who fought over scarce resources, even before the Europeans' meddling.

Nubia n'stuff.

And this shit covers it pretty well:

http://wysinger.homestead.com/africanhistory.html

dadudemon
My great grandparents literally immigrated from Sicily and yes it is an island off north Italy.

North?

Oneness
North? South Italy.

http://www.highonadventure.com/Hoa03apr/Sicily/italy.gif

Somebody said I was North Italian, idk about my own heritage.

But my great grandparents immigrating from Sicily was told by my dad, so.

Tzeentch
Nubia n'stuff.

And this shit covers it pretty well:

http://wysinger.homestead.com/africanhistory.html tl;dr

But it looks interesting, so I will, at some point. Good find.

Lek Kuen
That's too close to home, man:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140103160059/disney/images/5/57/44383-Right-in-the-feels-TJAE.jpeg

But, yeah, marginalizing racism is pretty dumb. It is still racism. Just because my people have been more industrious than others, does not mean it is okay to be racist against them...unless they are Jersey Shore types...then it is okay.

Ahhhhh...I get it, now. I see why people in the black community don't like the degenerates in their group. Lawd Jeezus, I just had an epiphany and I understand the "black-on-black" hate I'm seeing in this thread.

Naw black people just hate each other regardless. We are natural enemies with each other. All going back to the fact that we knew we sold each other out and were forced to be treated as one people. Our unity is a lie we do around others.

Robtard
My great grandparents literally immigrated from Sicily and yes it is an island off north Italy.

Geography must not be your strong point.

Lord Lucien
Geography must not be your strong point. His strong point is realizing that geography doesn't exist and is really a manifestation of his powerful, subconscious urge to kill himself.

Omega Vision
A very interesting hypothetical question is what Africa would be like now had it not been for European colonization and imperialism. As bad as things are in America sometimes for blacks, they're better off here than they would be in Africa or the Caribbean.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A very interesting hypothetical question is what Africa would be like now had it not been for European colonization and imperialism. As bad as things are in America sometimes for blacks, they're better off here than they would be in Africa or the Caribbean.

There would be alot more countries. As the modern borders are mostly remnants of colonial territories iirc more so then actual tribal and ethnic borders from the time.

Omega Vision
The Democratic Republic of Congo for instance could be half a dozen different countries.

Surtur
IMO, people up at North County are desparate and looking for a reason to steal.

Exactly, and even worse is the people who..whenever anyone mentions the looting, are so quick to go "that isn't the issue here!". As if to imply grown ass adults can't focus on more then one aspect of this case at the same time? The looting is nowhere near as bad as killing this kid, but it's also god damn ridiculous to act like people should not even mention it.

Especially when the god damn president of the United States makes a statement about Missouri and..he comments on the friggin looting. Where the hell were the "that is not the issue!" people then? We humans can do this special little thing called multi-tasking, people need to try it out.

People should be angry over this, people should be protesting..and hell, people should even be stomping their damn feet..but they sure as hell should not be looting. Looting isn't helping Michael or his family. Looting is not going to make sure this never happens again..looting is just some opportunistic pieces of sh*t using this horrible tragedy as an excuse to get themselves a pair of new shoes or something.

Why do these people feel they have the right to loot and burn over this? That takes some brass balls to essentially go "I'm soo upset over this death..only a new pair of shoes will make it better!".

Yep, but the pathetic thing is..they did arrest some, but then they released them. So..what the hell? I'm not saying these people should be put in jail for a long time. However, they should be made to pay back *every penny* of anything they destroyed or stole. Sorry, you don't get to profit off this kids death, at all. If every single looter that was caught is not forced to pay for the damages they inflicted then there is a huge problem here. This cop doesn't get to get away with murder, and these people sure as hell don't get to get away with looting. Is the looting the biggest issue here? Nope, of course not, but it's still an aspect of this case whether people like it or not. You feel like people are focusing too much on the looting? Well, blame the piece of crap looters for that. Their actions are not only selfish, but helped to draw some attention away from the bigger issue here.

You want to see a big problem with the attitudes of people? Look at this article:

http://www.salon.com/2014/08/12/ in_defense_of_black_rage_michael_brown_police_and_
the_american_dream/

This b*tch goes on to say she can't condemn the looting because she "respects black rage". Holy crap lady, the dead kids parents even condemned the looting. This woman essentially says she respects the right of black people to act like criminals and burn shit whenever something happens that truly upsets the community. It is scary to have people believing stuff like that in this day and age. Frankly, I do not care what injustices were done to you..you don't get to take your anger out on innocent people. Be angry, but be constructive. Saying "I respect black rage" is obnoxious. Here is the thing: I do not respect black rage. I respect the rage of any human being who is upset at this tragedy. It's not a black thing, it's a human thing. Calling it "black" rage just serves to further divide people. So since this silly woman specified she respects "black" rage only..does this mean she *doesn't* respect things like..hispanic rage? Or Asian rage? Or the rages of any other race of people?

Even worse is when you have people blaming the looting on the cops. Which..is nonsense. Are the cops to blame for these people being angry? Oh hell yes, but they did not force these people to loot and burn..that was ALL their decision.

Lestov16
Surtur, were you on CBR?

Surtur
Surtur, were you on CBR?

Heh, yeah I am one in the same. Unfortunately, CBR just isn't what it used to be prior to the recent reboot. It's like now everyone has to walk on eggshells because a few people sent death threats to another poster. Not that I am going to stop posting there, but it is unfortunate what it's turned into.

vansonbee
So a cops got footage of Michael Brown robbing a store clerk, but they didn't stop him for that reason. What do you guys think?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168283-breaking-shocking-video-michael-brown-robbed-ferguson-convenience-store/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

Robtard
Originally posted by vansonbee
So a cops got footage of Michael Brown robbing a store clerk, but they didn't stop him for that reason. What do you guys think?

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168283-breaking-shocking-video-michael-brown-robbed-ferguson-convenience-store/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html It doesn't bode well for the "gentle giant" image his family and supporters are trying to push, which is likely why the police released it. They're building a case for themselves in public opinion.

But as noted, Brown being a thug in that video is not connected to the events of his death.

Lestov16
It ultimately depends on if Brown is positively identified as the robber, which the store clerk whom the robber pushed should be able to do. It also will matter what Brown was wearing when he was shot and if it matches the clothing of the robber.

This seems like a desperate attempt at character assassination to divert attention of Darren Wilson, whom they could no longer hide. Really, if this turns out to be a lie, it will make things worst than ever before.

Robtard
Not desperate; intelligent. The PD wants everyone to know that Brown acted like a thug who robbed a stored and bullied the owner/clerk with his size in case this goes to trial.

I sincerely doubt they'd release that tape unless they had extremely solid proof that it is indeed Brown, they and their handlers would be colossal morons otherwise.

Lestov16
Nope. Intelligent would have been to release this info the day after Brown's death. The fact that they waited until they could no longer withhold Wilson's name to release this reeks of desperation. And again, until they release proof that it was Brown in that video, his innocence is to be presumed.

Also, they're backpedaling, because first they said he was being pursued for the robbery, then they said it was a traffic stop, and now they're saying it's because of the robbery again. So that colossal moron remark may not be far off.

Robtard
Not in the court of public opinion.

But personally, I don't think they'd release it unless they knew they could prove it 100% considering the attention this has.

I missed that then, I thought it was always about Brown being stopped because he was blocking the street.

Lestov16
Which again displays incompetence, since they could have said on day 1 that this was because of a robbery, which if they had solid proof, would have quelled this thing before it even began.

dadudemon
Nope. Intelligent would have been to release this info the day after Brown's death.

No, what Robtard said was the best perspective.

Here is why: if they were not sure that it was Brown, then they released the tape, and then it turns out that that was not Brown, they would be in a load of shit.

It would exacerbate the situation, not improve it IF that was the outcome.

1. During investigation, there are forensic investigators that review the data to ensure integrity and then they make some logs, chain of custody documentation, and so forth. This chain of custody stuff is followed in the next steps, too. Also, I should note that the digital forensic specialist puts this shit on a special device that prevents any bits of data from being changed throughout the analysis to ensure integrity so it con proceed to trial. They create a hash of the data, too...then after the investigation, they create another hash and check to make sure it matches the first hash. If the second hash does not match the first one...the case is in a load of shit and that evidence is probably not admissible in court.
2. Than another forensic specialist reviews the "data" for content and makes a determination: suspect match. If there are doubts, those are fleshed out in the official report with a probability statement/conclusion.
3. If the results of the investigation are desirable to the head of the case (or, probably, in this case, probably the Chief of Police), then they proceed with a PR consideration (if that was a consideration...which in this case, it definitely is).
4. If releasing the video to the public helps support an image the PD is wishing to portray, then it is released to the public. This is almost always done IF and only if they are positive that it supports their position/results and will not further cause public outcry in sensitive cases. They would never go straight to step 4, like you suggested, if only a layman (police officer) reviewed the footage and thought it was a match. They wouldn't even take the involved officer's word for it: they would complete the full investigation. Not doing so could land them in a load of shit. As you can see, all 4 steps, if not done properly or with suspicious procedure, could land them in a load of shit.

Based on how this process works, it is likely that it took this long because they were crosses their T's and doting the i's to ensure that this case was clean as a whistle. There is another reason that they needed to make sure everything was done perfectly: the FBI could become involved and investigate this PD for hate-crimes (which is near to the worst possible scenario and the shittiest possible outcome in an death resulting from an officer's firearm discharge).

I hope that clears things up for why Robtard was correct in his "guess" for why it took so long.

We, as outsiders who are not directly involved with reviewing the case, should probably exercise caution when talking about conclusory opinions. If we all readily acknowledge that we are virtually ignorant of all the case facts, then I think it would be easier to discuss this case. I think this is obvious and it is possible we are already doing that.

Oh well...

This just reminds me of the George Zimmerman shit where George Zimmerman clearly got his ass kicked and we didn't know that until like...2 weeks later when the police released some photos and videos of George (because 4Chan hackers literally hacked into that PD's DB and released it to the public forcing that PD to also release the same information which corroborated Anonymous' information).

Also, I see some more action from Anonymous in this case. I never support illegal activities but my jimmies are certainly not rustled over some of the cyber warfare that they have waged against this municipality.

Oneness
No, what Robtard said was the best perspective.

Here is why: if they were not sure that it was Brown, then they released the tape, and then it turns out that that was not Brown, they would be in a load of shit.

It would exacerbate the situation, not improve it IF that was the outcome.

1. During investigation, there are forensic investigators that review the data to ensure integrity and then they make some logs, chain of custody documentation, and so forth. This chain of custody stuff is followed in the next steps, too. Also, I should note that the digital forensic specialist puts this shit on a special device that prevents any bits of data from being changed throughout the analysis to ensure integrity so it con proceed to trial. They create a hash of the data, too...then after the investigation, they create another hash and check to make sure it matches the first hash. If the second hash does not match the first one...the case is in a load of shit and that evidence is probably not admissible in court.
2. Than another forensic specialist reviews the "data" for content and makes a determination: suspect match. If there are doubts, those are fleshed out in the official report with a probability statement/conclusion.
3. If the results of the investigation are desirable to the head of the case (or, probably, in this case, probably the Chief of Police), then they proceed with a PR consideration (if that was a consideration...which in this case, it definitely is).
4. If releasing the video to the public helps support an image the PD is wishing to portray, then it is released to the public. This is almost always done IF and only if they are positive that it supports their position/results and will not further cause public outcry in sensitive cases. They would never go straight to step 4, like you suggested, if only a layman (police officer) reviewed the footage and thought it was a match. They wouldn't even take the involved officer's word for it: they would complete the full investigation. Not doing so could land them in a load of shit. As you can see, all 4 steps, if not done properly or with suspicious procedure, could land them in a load of shit.

Based on how this process works, it is likely that it took this long because they were crosses their T's and doting the i's to ensure that this case was clean as a whistle. There is another reason that they needed to make sure everything was done perfectly: the FBI could become involved and investigate this PD for hate-crimes (which is near to the worst possible scenario and the shittiest possible outcome in an death resulting from an officer's firearm discharge).

I hope that clears things up for why Robtard was correct in his "guess" for why it took so long.

We, as outsiders who are not directly involved with reviewing the case, should probably exercise caution when talking about conclusory opinions. If we all readily acknowledge that we are virtually ignorant of all the case facts, then I think it would be easier to discuss this case. I think this is obvious and it is possible we are already doing that.

Oh well...

This just reminds me of the George Zimmerman shit where George Zimmerman clearly got his ass kicked and we didn't know that until like...2 weeks later when the police released some photos and videos of George (because 4Chan hackers literally hacked into that PD's DB and released it to the public forcing that PD to also release the same information which corroborated Anonymous' information).

Also, I see some more action from Anonymous in this case. I never support illegal activities but my jimmies are certainly not rustled over some of the cyber warfare that they have waged against this municipality.

I saw the vid before it got taken down.

Cop is chasing him in his car, reaching out trying to choke the kid from his window, snipes him from his driver window basically. 10 shots.

Lestov16
Well if Brown is a robber, I will have lost a massive amount of investment in this.

Time Immemorial
The guy robbed a store and assaulted the clerk, the police responded, the officer tried to arrest him, Brown went for his gun, he got shot. Its his own fault.

Tzeentch
Nope. Intelligent would have been to release this info the day after Brown's death.

It was, iirc.

I didn't see the footage, but I knew that he'd gotten in trouble with the cop for robbing a store clerk the day this whole thing kicked off. I saw it in a post on facebook.

Time Immemorial
Anyone who robs a store, resists arrest and goes for a cops gun is asking for a bullet.

Tzeentch
Is what actually happened?

dadudemon
I'm a little bit more read-up on this story, now.

Why is not the military called in to start gunning down the "protestors?"

Serious question. This type of savagery should be responded with even stronger savagery.

By the way, they are not protesters: they are violent and savage looters and thieves and the town appears to be virtually lawless.

Or has the looting died down and I'm just not aware of what's going on?

I read that store owners are guarding their own places with guns because the police will not help. And people say we need to ban guns...lol

Deadline
Naw black people just hate each other regardless. We are natural enemies with each other. All going back to the fact that we knew we sold each other out and were forced to be treated as one people. Our unity is a lie we do around others.

I hope your joking. There were lots of black people fighting against slavery back in the day. It did happen but I think it's been exaggerated. You're also looking at it in simplistic terms, I'm not saying it's right but they didn't seem themselves all as black people the same way white people see themselves as Scottish, English etc.

All people are nasty to each other but it seems to me that slavery got way out of control when Europeans started coming in mass to Africa. I could be wrong.

Deadline
^ Just to clarify I'm not saying that white people are inherently evil. That would be stupid.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Anyone who robs a store, resists arrest and goes for a cops gun is asking for a bullet. Yup. This is basically what happened, took me a while to filter through all CRAP the media has pushed. confused

dadudemon
Originally posted by Deadline
All people are nasty to each other but it seems to me that slavery got way out of control when Europeans started coming in mass to Africa. I could be wrong.

That really depends on what you're looking at...

Which slaves?

Which time-period?

If it is just the US slave trade you're talking about, then the US is one of the earliest abolishers of slave trade: 1808.

But, iirc, all states/colonies had stopped slave trade (importation) by 1798.

But there were grumblings of stopping slavery and slave trade long before then. Even Georgia had some history with banning slavery long before the US was a country. Guess why? Because the white people were trying to enslave each other with indentured servitude. Yeah, you read that right: white-people slaves before black-people slaves. It wasn't until economic pressure hit Georgia, from the people, that they relented (it was a colony, at the time) and let people have black slaves.

Based on this, I demand reparations for my ancestors' slavery.

dadudemon
Yup. This is basically what happened, took me a while to filter through all CRAP the media has pushed. confused

If what TE says is correct, yeah, it seems pretty clear that there is no foul play in this attempted arrest/or whatever the **** was happening.

Time Immemorial
Is what actually happened?

Thats exactly what happened. It's all on camera of him robbing the store as well.

Tzeentch
Is there footage of him reaching for a gun when confronted by the Police?

dadudemon

How about just footage, period?

I'm going with a nope.

vansonbee
The governor finally issue a curfew for Ferguson. Sympathy to the store owners, who are just trying to make a decent living...

http://news.yahoo.com/police-protesters-clash-again-ferguson-085511380.html

Time Immemorial

The media portrays a young black man walking down the street and a cop just shoots him for bring a stellar citizen. Do you believe this?

NemeBro
Yes.

vansonbee
Yes. I'm starting to feel bad for the cop in this incident, just recently this year, he was rewarded for not using his firearm on the line of duty for 6 years, till now, I guess.
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.vn8my5Qk_3A.wcMc6wurA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2014-08-16/7d8c0020-2561-11e4-a310-2daa976de53c_wilsoncommendation1.jpg

What % are you leaning toward the cop innocents?

Lek Kuen
The media portrays a young black man walking down the street and a cop just shoots him for bring a stellar citizen. Do you believe this?

Didn't the cops themselves say the shooting wasn't over the robbery?

Mindset
The guy robbed a store and assaulted the clerk, the police responded, the officer tried to arrest him, Brown went for his gun, he got shot. Its his own fault. That is not at all the order of events.

I don't know why you're lying.Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm a little bit more read-up on this story, now.

Why is not the military called in to start gunning down the "protestors?"

Serious question. This type of savagery should be responded with even stronger savagery.

By the way, they are not protesters: they are violent and savage looters and thieves and the town appears to be virtually lawless.

Or has the looting died down and I'm just not aware of what's going on?

I read that store owners are guarding their own places with guns because the police will not help. And people say we need to ban guns...lol http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Oh-Please-Kobe-Bryant-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif-At-a-Basketball-Game.gif

vansonbee
VdL9dqkyjhM?t=8m18s

Listen from 6:30 till the end, you will hear the witness stating "he kept coming at him". This man was 6'4 nearly 300 lbs.

okay, lmk what you guys think on this?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset
That is not at all the order of events.

I don't know why you're lying. http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Oh-Please-Kobe-Bryant-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif-At-a-Basketball-Game.gif

Can you accuse a video tape of lying because that's what the tape they played on TV shows.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/raw-video-surveillance-video-believed-to-show-michael-brown-robbing-convenience-store/

Mindset
Can you accuse a video tape of lying because that's what the tape they played on TV shows.

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/raw-video-surveillance-video-believed-to-show-michael-brown-robbing-convenience-store/ The cop wasn't responding to a report of the robbery; him stopping Brown was unrelated.

You're either a liar or ignorant, in either case, you need to stop posting and start reading.

Lek Kuen
How does the tape of him robbing a store, prove he was fighting the cop when shot?

Mindset
How does the tape of him robbing a store, prove he was fighting the cop when shot? Also, this.

Time Immemorial
I'm starting to feel bad for the cop in this incident, just recently this year, he was rewarded for not using his firearm on the line of duty for 6 years, till now, I guess.
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.vn8my5Qk_3A.wcMc6wurA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2014-08-16/7d8c0020-2561-11e4-a310-2daa976de53c_wilsoncommendation1.jpg

What % are you leaning toward the cop innocents?

So the cop that was rewarded for not using his firearm now just decides to use it for no reason.

ArtificialGlory
WCgSuZQyaTE

dadudemon
Witness says Brown charged the police officer after he fired his weapon at him:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/

This further solidifies the point that Brown was not even remotely an angel.

Less deadly very should have been used. But I'm an armchair police officer so I am obviously talking out of my ass.

Time Immemorial
This is another Trayvon Martin incident, except this time the police officer happens to be white this time. The media painted George Zimmerman as a white male, which he was not, he was hispanic. However the because he had the last name Zimmerman, instead of a common hispanic name such Gonzalez, or Rodriguez or the many other common hispanic last names, they were able to convince stupid america that he was white and not hispanic.

Blame America for being so stupid. Ethnic clashes happen every day of the week around this country and none of them make national news, the media has chosen to focus on this to make money and distract us from Obama dropping the ball on his lack there of not doing his job.

Obama has done more to cause civil rights issues to create separation between the the cultures of American than done anything to promote racial equality across the nation. This has been like the 3 time he has weighed in on domestic matters involving culture differences. Like the time he weighed in on a white police officer arresting a black man for entering his home. Obama feels its his job to focus his attention on small time police affairs then do his job as the president of fixing the country.

Mindset
Witness says Brown charged the police officer after he fired his weapon at him:

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting/

Less deadly very should have been used. But I'm an armchair police officer so I am obviously talking out of my ass. Who was saying he was an angel?

So he runs from the cop, the cop started shooting at him (or has his gun drawn), then he turns around and starts running back towards to cop?

That doesn't make any sense.

Tzeentch

It shouldn't, as eye-witness testimonies are borderline worthless.

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy turned out to be a little shit, myself, but he'd have to be more than a little shit to "charge" at a guy with a gun- he'd have to be mentally ill.

Still waiting for footage.

dadudemon

Except when they are mic'd up when they do not know it. smile

Additionally, this "unknown" recording of an eye-witness corroborates the "officer's" story. Did you pick that up from the article that you may or may not have read?

I wouldn't be surprised if the guy turned out to be a little shit, myself, but he'd have to be more than a little shit to "charge" at a guy with a gun- he'd have to be mentally ill.

There is no doubt that he was a criminal, at this point. Only idiots and libtards think he was anything but a thug.

He probably did not deserve to be gunned down. He should have been tasered.

You'll never get it because it doesn't exist and I think you know that.

Here's something you may not know (but actually probably do): not all police cars have cameras.

Tzeentch
Except when they are mic'd up when they do not know it. smile

Nope. Eye-witness testimonies aren't worthless because of the possibility that they may be lying, eye-witness testimonies are worthless because people rarely actually know what they saw in the moment, and later recollections are often tainted by what they thought they saw rather than what they actually witnessed. Misinformation effect is Psychology 101 mah boi.

I do know that. My point is, though, that the absence of a video/audio recording doesn't suddenly make the testimony of "random guy on the street" credible.

dadudemon
Who was saying he was an angel?

So he runs from the cop, the cop started shooting at him (or has his gun drawn), then he turns around and starts running back towards to cop?

That doesn't make any sense.

Seems like Wikipedia is the only objective source of information I could find, out there. Every site I looked at had a severe slant one way or the other (but they tried to disguise it...didn't work).

Something funky is going on with the story:

"On August 9, at around 12:00 p.m., Brown and friend Dorian Johnson were walking to Brown's grandmother's house. Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson drove up to them and ordered them to move off the street and onto the sidewalk. An altercation ensued, and Wilson fired his gun from within his police vehicle, after which Brown and Johnson began to flee.. Wilson left his vehicle and pursued them, then fired an unspecified number of shots, fatally wounding Brown. Brown died approximately 35 feet (11 m) from the police cruiser in the 2900 block of Canfield Drive. According to CNN correspondent Ana Cabrera, documents show that less than three minutes passed from the time that Wilson encountered Brown to the time of Brown's death."

This is literally the best summary of events I could find in about 20 minutes of reading news articles.

Anyway, what you say seems to be accurate: that's odd that Wilson shot at Brown as he was running away. That sounds like an execution OR that Wilson was freaked the **** out and was not thinking clearly. Either reason indicates that Wilson was not prepared to carry out his duties as a police officer.

To address the news article I posted this morning, some are claiming that Wilson fired warning shots in Brown's direction and that he did not shoot Brown until he started charging back towards Wilson. That still sounds like an immature cop because that's only shit you see on movies from "tough guy" cops...

Everything points towards Wilson being incompetent or unprepared to be a police officer. But everything is also pointing to Brown seeming like a thug. I don't think the Blood gang signs are helping keep that pretty "Gentle Giant" image people were trying to make of Brown, either.

dadudemon
Nope. Eye-witness testimonies aren't worthless because of the possibility that they may be lying, eye-witness testimonies are worthless because people rarely actually know what they saw in the moment, and later recollections are often tainted by what they thought they saw rather than what they actually witnessed. Psychology 101 mah boi.

You're telling the wrong person this. I think you know this.

And my comment had nothing to do with whether or not the "Eye-witness" was lying. Why did you make that assumption?

I thought my point was pretty obvious. Let me know if you want me to better explain it to you. I won't make the assumption, just yet, that you missed my point, but everything you're posting strongly indicates that.

I do know that. My point is, though, that the absence of a video/audio recording doesn't suddenly make the testimony of "random guy on the street" credible.

I do not think you're paying attention to what I have been posting and are just stating things slightly related to my posts. Why do you think it is such a big deal that an eye-witness is corroborating officer Wilson's telling of events, independently of officer Wilson, in a mic'd up conversation that the eye-witness was not readily aware of?

Put yourself in a judge's shoes or a grand jury member's shoes. What does that (the release of an eye-witness supplying information that is similar to Wilson's) do for this conversation? You want to get hung up on vagary in a false-sense of exactitude. You should realize, at this point, that trying to have that conversation is impossible: no video or audio recordings exist of that 3 minute altercation that ended in the death of Brown. So, instead of trying to move the goal posts to an impossible-to-have conversation, focus on what we do have. Does that make more sense why I think your repeating the same question is impotent in this conversation?

Time Immemorial

We have no footage so far, we have footage of the robbery and directly after the shooting.

Time Immemorial
More racial killings in after math

http://www.kmov.com/news/mobile/Police-Suspects-hit-hot-dog-vendor-with-hammer-at-local-Home-Depot-220688811.html

dadudemon
The news article did not say he (hot dog vendor) died.

Mindset
More racial killings in after math

http://www.kmov.com/news/mobile/Police-Suspects-hit-hot-dog-vendor-with-hammer-at-local-Home-Depot-220688811.html He wasn't killed and it doesn't even mention his race.

You need to work on your trolling. babby

Shakyamunison
He wasn't killed and it doesn't even mention his race.

You need to work on your trolling. babby

Are you trying to encourage higher quality trolling? laughing out loud

vansonbee
Just a speculation, but he summarize everything pretty well with the time lines.

9pr1oE34bIM

MORE LINKS + INFO
https://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/41412-youtube-the-truth-about-michael-brown-and-the-ferguson-riots/

Mindset
Are you trying to encourage higher quality trolling? laughing out loud Of course.

Are you not familiar with my posts?

Shakyamunison
Of course.

Are you not familiar with my posts?

Who are you? wink

Mindset
Who are you? wink Mindset.

Bardock42
This thread is depressing

Tzeentch
You're telling the wrong person this. I think you know this.

And my comment had nothing to do with whether or not the "Eye-witness" was lying. Why did you make that assumption?

I thought my point was pretty obvious. Let me know if you want me to better explain it to you. I won't make the assumption, just yet, that you missed my point, but everything you're posting strongly indicates that.

I do not think you're paying attention to what I have been posting and are just stating things slightly related to my posts. Why do you think it is such a big deal that an eye-witness is corroborating officer Wilson's telling of events, independently of officer Wilson, in a mic'd up conversation that the eye-witness was not readily aware of?

Put yourself in a judge's shoes or a grand jury member's shoes. What does that (the release of an eye-witness supplying information that is similar to Wilson's) do for this conversation? You want to get hung up on vagary in a false-sense of exactitude. You should realize, at this point, that trying to have that conversation is impossible: no video or audio recordings exist of that 3 minute altercation that ended in the death of Brown. So, instead of trying to move the goal posts to an impossible-to-have conversation, focus on what we do have. Does that make more sense why I think your repeating the same question is impotent in this conversation? Can you explain to me the relevence of this eye-witness testimony? Maybe that's where we're talking past one another.

This thread is depressing so's ur mum

vansonbee
fLBu4KoBAt4

Governor send National Guards to the town, guess the curfew didn't work out?

http://news.yahoo.com/police-deploy-tear-gas-impose-ferguson-curfew-094257268.html

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>