Loki vs Abomination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

Time Immemorial
CIS, PIS turned off. Loki.

Newjak
A well placed throwing knife to the head would probably hurt Abom.

Robtard
Not sure, Blonski chewed on an RPG for fun and it did absolutely no harm.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure, Blonski chewed on an RPG for fun and it did absolutely no harm. Loki's Asgardian armor can take an exploding arrow without showing any damage but his knives are sharp enough to go right through.

I think they can pierce Abom.

FrothByte
Unless Abom has super healing, or unless Loki goes stupid like he did Hulk, then Loki should win...

DTM
Hulk pummeled Loki to pulp, I dont see why Abomination couldnt do the same.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by DTM
Hulk pummeled Loki to pulp, I dont see why Abomination couldnt do the same. Ya, but that was CIS up the *ss. Loki has outsmarted Thor on many occasions. Hulk would be a plaything to him in a real confrontation.

draxx_tOfU
Abom wins. Iirc Blonsky retains his intelligence as Abom, and he's far from a mindless brute, quite the opposite in fact. He would've defeated Hulk sans PIS.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Hulk pummeled Loki to pulp, I dont see why Abomination couldnt do the same.

That's because Hulk attacked while Loki wasn't trying to fight, not even defending himself.

wallman77
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Abom wins. Iirc Blonsky retains his intelligence as Abom, and he's far from a mindless brute, quite the opposite in fact. He would've defeated Hulk sans PIS.

agreed

DTM
Originally posted by FrothByte
That's because Hulk attacked while Loki wasn't trying to fight, not even defending himself.

OK, so, Loki becomes 100x more durable when hes ready for a fight? Yes Hulks pounding of Loki was of the sucker punch variety, I get that, but once Hulk had Loki he basically KOed him in seconds. Abomination is around Hulk level physically, so in time when he does get his hands on Loki, which in time will happen, he should be able to do the same.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
OK, so, Loki becomes 100x more durable when hes ready for a fight? Yes Hulks pounding of Loki was of the sucker punch variety, I get that, but once Hulk had Loki he basically KOed him in seconds. Abomination is around Hulk level physically, so in time when he does get his hands on Loki, which in time will happen, he should be able to do the same.

Durability is not the only thing important in a fight. Not increased durability, but he's faster than Hulk, more skilled, has ranged and magical attacks and above all: has illusions. All of which would have given Hulk a load of trouble had Loki been fully fighting him.

Abom has no way to see thru the illusions. He gets a knife to the face before he even lays a hand on Loki.

Placidity
Abomb easily. Yes.

BloodRain
Is Abom still on Hulk's level, Avengers onwards?

Lestov16
Originally posted by FrothByte
Durability is not the only thing important in a fight. Not increased durability, but he's faster than Hulk, more skilled, has ranged and magical attacks and above all: has illusions. All of which would have given Hulk a load of trouble had Loki been fully fighting him.

Abom has no way to see thru the illusions. He gets a knife to the face before he even lays a hand on Loki.

Um, Abomination caught a missile fired at him from behind. That requires uber speed. And how does Loki, who got owned by Hulk, win against a foe who for a large portion of their fight was kicking Hulk's ass?

TH3_V01D
Loki is a pathetic villian, he is the MCU official punching bag, the buttmonkey, Blonsky would stomp him.

carver9
All of Hulk fights in the Avengers movie is most def getting downplayed here and it's sad. Can't wait until the next movie so we can see who else is holding back against him. Now Loki wasn't paying him any attention when Loki was looking right at Hulk before he got drilled.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
Um, Abomination caught a missile fired at him from behind. That requires uber speed. And how does Loki, who got owned by Hulk, win against a foe who for a large portion of their fight was kicking Hulk's ass?

Because a non PIC/CIS Loki would be using his illusions to the fullest and Abom won't be able to detect which is which. Plus, AFAIK Abom doesn't have Hulk's regenerative abilities, meaning if Loki's daggers cut him up, well, they would do him serious harm.

As for Hulk owning Loki, again that was due to Loki getting cheap shot. Not Hulk's fault I agree, Loki was stupid to get flat footed like that. Still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a fair fight.

danielgamer
I think the Abo gives a worse treatment to Loki that the Hulk.

Zack Fair
Abomination.

I can see Loki trolling here and there, but Abomination will wise up and eventually get his hands on him. Once he does it's GG.Originally posted by carver9
All of Hulk fights in the Avengers movie is most def getting downplayed here and it's sad. Can't wait until the next movie so we can see who else is holding back against him. Now Loki wasn't paying him any attention when Loki was looking right at Hulk before he got drilled. I agree. They are getting downplayed big time. I do agree there was some PIS/CIS involved. Loki was moronic in how he tried to calm down/BS a pissed off Hulk. I thought he was smarter than that. Had he adopted another strategy it is possible the fight could have gone different. Having said that he was still looking at Hulk and he still got blitzed and put down like a *****. Abomination will do the same.

NemeBro
I'm pretty sure Abomination would win more often than not

In the Avengers setting, only Thor has shown that he can go toe to toe with Hulk (Who Abomination without being squashed. Loki isn't nearly that strong, and while his illusions are useful and while his knives can cut Abomination, the wounds would be too small and healed too quickly. Abomination should win, and without much trouble.

All assuming that the Hulk that Abom fought is as strong as the one in Avengers. I'm admittedly not sure that's the case.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm pretty sure Abomination would win more often than not

In the Avengers setting, only Thor has shown that he can go toe to toe with Hulk (Who Abomination without being squashed. Loki isn't nearly that strong, and while his illusions are useful and while his knives can cut Abomination, the wounds would be too small and healed too quickly. Abomination should win, and without much trouble.

All assuming that the Hulk that Abom fought is as strong as the one in Avengers. I'm admittedly not sure that's the case.

This.

Loki's illusions are merely there to delay the inevitable. He really has nothing that can hurt Abomination. Rpg's and Hulk pounding him using car doors didn't faze him, and high caliber bullets can't pierce him, the daggers will just tickle him.

Lestov16
Can Loki throw his daggers, not that it matters because they really won't affect Abom, but I was wondering because if not it means his only way to stab Abom would be to get close to him, and Loki's screwed if that happens.

juggerman
Originally posted by carver9
All of Hulk fights in the Avengers movie is most def getting downplayed here and it's sad. Can't wait until the next movie so we can see who else is holding back against him. Now Loki wasn't paying him any attention when Loki was looking right at Hulk before he got drilled.

They do get downplayed but you also ignore any evidence that doesn't support Hulk being able to utterly destroy everyone.

Newjak
So it's hard for me to take the Hulk/Loki fight at face value.

For one Loki had already fought Thor and got beat up

Two he was out of weapons and therefore didn't have access to any of his offensive capabilities.

Three Loki was still awake, although he was hurting, after the attack and he also stood up after Hulk through him through the glass.

So he was already hurt, and weaponless so not much he could do in that fight.

I don't know if Loki with all his weapons could beat Hulk but I think based on Loki's feats with his weapons he could make it a fight and definitely hurt Hulk.

I also think Avenger's Hulk has much better feats than TIH Hulk.

I think Loki's daggers and Scepter would be able to hurt Abom potentially very badly depending on where he hits. And I don't think Abom would be able to destroy Loki in close range either.

Loki is pretty agile and quick in his own right and a skilled HtH combatant. Him being able to go toe to toe with Thor whose feats are equal to and better than Abom's makes me think he can go toe to toe with Abom as long as he has weapons with him.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Newjak
I also think Avenger's Hulk has much better feats than TIH Hulk

Agreed.

Tattoos N Scars
Loki gets the Joe Dirt treatment

carver9
So it's hard for me to take the Hulk/Loki fight at face value.

Two he was out of weapons and therefore didn't have access to any of his offensive capabilities.

Three Loki was still awake, although he was hurting, after the attack and he also stood up after Hulk through him through the glass.

So he was already hurt, and weaponless so not much he could do in that fight.

I don't know if Loki with all his weapons could beat Hulk but I think based on Loki's feats with his weapons he could make it a fight and definitely hurt Hulk.

I also think Avenger's Hulk has much better feats than TIH Hulk.

I think Loki's daggers and Scepter would be able to hurt Abom potentially very badly depending on where he hits. And I don't think Abom would be able to destroy Loki in close range either.

Loki is pretty agile and quick in his own right and a skilled HtH combatant. Him being able to go toe to toe with Thor whose feats are equal to and better than Abom's makes me think he can go toe to toe with Abom as long as he has weapons with him.

When was Loki hurt during his Thor fight? Especially to the point that he couldn't fight the Hulk.

Wait, what weapons would have made a difference? Remember, that same weapon Loki had, those aliens had them as well and they rained blasts down on Hulk.

So Loki is unhittable? Please post this scene.

What speed fts does Thor have that comparable to Abomination back being turned and catching a missle?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Loki gets the Joe Dirt treatment

Didn't Joe Dirt end up with the girl, the car of his dreams and owning his rival?

Robtard

It's the same Hulk, just Banner isn't in control. Though Avengers' Hulk has the greatest strength feat.

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
Didn't Joe Dirt end up with the girl, the car of his dreams and owning his rival?

Yes, he also fantasized about ****ing his own sister. Which is what Tats might have been referring to.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Robtard
Originally posted by carver9
Wait, what weapons would have made a difference? Remember, that same weapon Loki had, those aliens had them as well and they rained blasts down on Hulk.

Pretty sure he's referring to Loki's scepter, which Loki lost by the time he faces the Hulk. IIRC, Loki was weaponless by all appearances in that scene.

Placidity

Thor has never even fought Loki properly.

Every time they engage, Thor switches to sword play fighting, as if that is all mjolnir is good for.

I'd like to see Thor fight Loki as he did Hulk, Kurse, or Malekith - all of whom will end Loki in seconds.

Lightning and repeated hammer to the face will prove once again Loki is a puny "god".

Epicurus
I don't get why people are making claims such as "I am not sure that Abom is as strong as Avengers Hulk" or "Avengers Hulk had better feats than IH Hulk".

Such statements presume that the 2 Hulks were different characters, when they are the exact same being in the shared cinematic universe created by Marvel.

NemeBro
Right, only Ruffalo Banner displays a level of control over his other side that Norton never managed. Norton only became Hulk by putting his life in danger, Ruffalo could Hulk out at will, implying that the two personalities were more at peace with each other.

Whether or not this greater control came with greater at-will strength is something else entirely.

Arachnid1
Right, only Ruffalo Banner displays a level of control over his other side that Norton never managed. Norton only became Hulk by putting his life in danger, Ruffalo could Hulk out at will, implying that the two personalities were more at peace with each other.

Whether or not this greater control came with greater at-will strength is something else entirely. Norton figured out how to control it himself right at the end of the movie. Its how Buffalo knew how to control it.

Mindset

Whether or not this greater control came with greater at-will strength is something else entirely. Norton controlled it in agar scene credits iirc.

I'm not gonna check doe.

NemeBro
Assuming both of you are talking about the same thing, that's still after Hulk fought Abomination.

Either way Abomination probably wins though, to be honest.

FrothByte
One thing I can say for Abom... is that without PIS/CIS and plot, I do think he should have won his fight with Hulk. He's just as strong but with smarts and fighting prowess.

DTM
I always found it funny that Hulk choked out Abomination with a big metal chain, yet at their strength levels both of them should be able to rip through metal like tissue paper. smile It would be like someone strangling me out with something made of paper towels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.