Mace Windu vs. Darth Malgus (Return) and Darth Bane (POD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Master Jedi vs. Two powerful apprentices/trainees

Force, sabers, all out

Nephthys
Sith.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sith lose and I'm a fanboy of Bane and Malgus and I suck and Ant is going to rape me to death in the near future

Emperordmb
Not cool Tempest...

Nalaniel
Team.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest

One on one? Windu. But he's not beating two powerful Sith at the same time.

Trocity
I wouldn't put it past Mace taking a couple, POD Bane isn't very impressive. Team probably overwhelm him in the majority though.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not cool Tempest...

I'm not the one who foolishly gave Ant my name and encouraged his voyeurism. Now Neph must wear his trousers at all times lest he fall prey to Ant's perversions.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Trocity
I wouldn't put it past Mace taking a couple, POD Bane isn't very impressive. Team probably overwhelm him in the majority though.

PoD Bane is more impressive than people give him credit for. His lightning can utterly disintegrate people, he has great TP resistance, his TK is solid, he has everything in Revan's holocron and he's very fast, strong and skilled.

I can see him tying Windu up with lightning while Malgus doubleteams him.

Lord Stark
How powerful is POD Bane in comparison to Return Malgus? Because if they are on par Windu is taking this.

Nephthys
He's quite a bit better than Return Malgus.

Lord Stark
He's quite a bit better than Return Malgus.

What are his feats?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Stark
What are his feats?

From the top of my head:

-Casually choked the life out of Lord Quordis, the headmaster of the Sith Academy

-Summoned a Force Storm that filled a massive hall and cracked the stone walls.

-Dominated Siraak, who was a Vaapad practitioner who was skilled enough to blend several forms. (Note that even mediocre apprentices in the elite Sith Academy were regarded as superior to the Lords on Ruusan, and even the best students were fodder to him.)

-Fought on par with Kas'im, a master of all 7 lightsaber forms and sequences. (Note that after dominating Siraak, Bane notes he has yet to have a chance against Kas'im in combat.)

-Caused the Rakatan Temple of the Ancients on Lehon to collapse on itself.

Based
Windu. Malgus isn't going to last more than 30 seconds here unless he pulls another lightsaber out of his ass.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
From the top of my head:

-Casually choked the life out of Lord Quordis, the headmaster of the Sith Academy

-Summoned a Force Storm that filled a massive hall and cracked the stone walls just after learning the ability.

-Dominated Siraak, who was a Vaapad practitioner who was skilled enough to blend several forms. (Note that even mediocre apprentices in the elite Sith Academy were regarded as superior to the Lords on Ruusan, and even the best students were fodder to him.)

-Fought on par with Kas'im, a master of all 7 lightsaber forms and sequences. (Note that after dominating Siraak, Bane notes he has yet to have a chance against Kas'im in combat.)

-Caused the Rakatan Temple of the Ancients on Lehon to collapse on itself.

- Disintegrated 2 riders and turned a drexyl to a charred husk with lightning.

- Pulped a woman with a force push.

- Lightsaber throw crossed a long distance in under a second.

- Overpowered Freedon Nadd's spell on his tomb and lifted a huge slab of rock with pure TK.

- Was beating Kas'im until the latter pulled out the dual sabers.

- Moved faster than a room of Sith could see.

- Casually resisted Kaan mental influence.

- Other shit I forgot.

Marco1907
Mace.

Nephthys
Got handled by Maul with Aayla and taken out by a common rocket.

grouchoawe

AncientPower
Mace wipes the floor with Malgus, it will quickly become 1-on-1 and Mace > Bane.

carthage
Mace would wipe the floor with either of them.

The idea is for the Sith to outfight him with a combination of Malgus's superior dueling ability and Bane's force power in conjunction

NewGuy01
- Disintegrated 2 riders and turned a drexyl to a charred husk with lightning.

Post-Orbalisk feat, but nice try.

Do not recall.

Emperordmb
Do not recall.
Right after the events of POD

Stigma
Mace wins.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
Mace wipes the floor with Malgus, it will quickly become 1-on-1 and Mace > Bane.

Mace isn't wiping the floor with the Malgus who beat a Jedi as powerful and skilled as Darach.

Post-Orbalisk feat, but nice try.

Do not recall.

He only had 2 orbalisks on him, who cares. He performed the feat with one hand while flying at high speeds. Logically he'd be more than capable of performing the same feat without the orbalisks with actual effort on his part and good concentration.

As Emp says.

NewGuy01
He only had 2 orbalisks on him, who cares.

The people who aren't attempting to give credit where it is not due.

Nephthys
Why is it not due? I justified giving him credit for it.

Based
Mace isn't wiping the floor with the Malgus who beat a Jedi as powerful and skilled as Darach.

Which only came as a sort of lame attempt by BioWare to showcase MMO mechanics by showing that an extra lightsaber = extra damage.

Malgus with his master were locked in a stalemate in Darach. If Malgus has one lightsaber Mace eats him for lunch.

carthage
Mace would defeat any era of Malgus, the point is that the Sith are working together.

Again Windu would godstomp any of these guys in single combat. Bane's an inferior duelist to Malgus at this point, but his force abilities based on feats are potent. Malgus brings the dueling edge and Bane can supplement that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Based
Which only came as a sort of lame attempt by BioWare to showcase MMO mechanics by showing that an extra lightsaber = extra damage.

Malgus with his master were locked in a stalemate in Darach. If Malgus has one lightsaber Mace eats him for lunch.

Uh..... sure.

No, Mace still isn't eating him for lunch. Malgus was actively hindered by Vindican when they fought Darach. Him getting taken out let him go full-out donkeyshit on him and overpower his defense with a brutal assualt.

Based
He was engaged in single combat when Satele was there and he still did not go "donkeyshit."

Malgus isn't the type to hold back from going all out, especially just because of his master who he ended up killing anyways. He won because of his extra lightsaber which was one of the few teases of MMO mechanics that BioWare put in the trailers.

Nephthys
He would have killed her in under 15 seconds without Darach saving her, bro.

Malgus' fighting before and after Vindican got taken out was as different as night and day. In the end he went with a massive attack that blew through Kao's defense with momentum and raw brute force. He was clearly going all out at that point, not before.

Based
He kneed her in the stomach, he wasn't about to kill her because of outright better saber skills. If Malgus was clearly holding back to the extent you're making it out to be, because of Vindican, then he wouldn't feel that he needed an extra lightsaber to begin with.

Nephthys
Unarmed strikes are a part of lightsaber dueling.

It's also possible that Malgus was holding back so Vindican could get killed. Notice that at a certain point, Malgus retreats and Darach defeats Vindican solo.

Or maybe Malgus simply tapped deeper into his rage than before, leading to his berserk charge.

Based
True, he may gone super saiyan emo to give his power a boost but that would only end up hurting him by making Vapaad that much more lethal.

If he tries to be tactical like in that earlier portion of that duel he won't be powerful enough to contend with Mace. His duels are won with his brute force rather than his technique and skills with a saber which will make him mincemeat for Mace.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm not the one who foolishly gave Ant my name and encouraged his voyeurism. Now Neph must wear his trousers at all times lest he fall prey to Ant's perversions.
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

NewGuy01
He would have killed her in under 15 seconds without Darach saving her, bro.

Like Caedus and Katarn. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/212414727.gif

Nephthys
Er, ok.

Originally posted by Based
True, he may gone super saiyan emo to give his power a boost but that would only end up hurting him by making Vapaad that much more lethal.

If he tries to be tactical like in that earlier portion of that duel he won't be powerful enough to contend with Mace. His duels are won with his brute force rather than his technique and skills with a saber which will make him mincemeat for Mace.

In the long run maybe. But he only needs to put pressure on Windu while fighting in conjuction with Bane.

Djem So is based on that kind of brute force. It's not a lack of skill to win based upon them. Even by this point Malgus was one of the greatest fighters in the Empire, he wasn't a Savage style fighter, he had skill. He is not going to be mincemeat for Mace, not in any of his incarnations.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
Mace would wipe the floor with either of them.

The idea is for the Sith to outfight him with a combination of Malgus's superior dueling ability and Bane's force power in conjunction

Malgus at the start of GGW would get schooled by Mace with or without Bane, Bane as of PoD could throw nothing at Windu that he couldn't defend from

Malgus+Bane is an all you can eat buffet for Windu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.