Kickboxer remake 2015

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
"A remake of the 1989 film, 'Kickboxer', starring Jean Claud Van Damme as a kickboxer out to avenge his brother's death." - IMDB Link

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ofpamesani/gifs/Bloodsport-VanDamnBlindScream.gif

Impediment
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/JCVD_zps6f786a62.gif

Robtard
http://media2.giphy.com/media/rK1FyT4UcwVoc/giphy.gif

BruceSkywalker
this better feature nudity and a better storyline than the original

Tzeentch
You know you can see nudity for free on the internet, right?

Zack Fair
Its funny because this movie used to be huge in my childhood. Then I saw some of the fight scenes a few weeks ago and it was all so dumb and cheesy lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this better feature nudity and a better storyline than the original

http://karmajello.com/postcont/2013/09/Van-Damme-8.gif

BruceSkywalker
^^^^^^^^

yup

Originally posted by Tzeentch
You know you can see nudity for free on the internet, right?

there is no such thing as the internet sad

jinXed by JaNx
JCVD is starring in his own remake of Kickboxer? Isn't that kinda like traveling back in time and visiting yourself?

Estacado
Originally posted by Robtard
http://media2.giphy.com/media/rK1FyT4UcwVoc/giphy.gif
laughing out loud
Though the movie kicked ass as a child.

Now it seems super retarded.....learning muay thai by doing karate moves at the bottom of a fountain,getting coconuts thrown against your abs,doing flying spinning kicks or doing a split doesnt make too much sense...haermm

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
JCVD is starring in his own remake of Kickboxer? Isn't that kinda like traveling back in time and visiting yourself?

I looked it up, Georges St-Pierre seems to playing the role Jean Claude played

i've never seen the original.

Estacado
Originally posted by Kazenji

Its good old cheesy Van Damme crap with meh story ,lame fights....etc...

Didnt miss much tbh.

dynamix
naut suu cow!

Estacado
Mylee cut the ropes!Cut the ropes!!

Robtard
Scott Adkins is in it, probably playing the brother that gets his ass kicked and sets the story into motion.

Robtard
Originally posted by dynamix
naut suu cow!

I lol'd

marwash22

i've never seen the original. ewww

Time Immemorial
"A remake of the 1989 film, 'Kickboxer', starring Jean Claud Van Damme as a kickboxer out to avenge his brother's death." - IMDB Link

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ofpamesani/gifs/Bloodsport-VanDamnBlindScream.gif

Sounds horriblesmile

jinXed by JaNx

OMFG that's even better eek!

MummyRuby
They Wont Top The Original....

And If They Do Then It MUST Have Van Damme

Kazenji
-JVCD will be playing the role of Master Chow, the martial artist who teaches Kurt Sloane how to fight Tong Po

- Dave Bautista will be Tong Po

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jean-claude-van-damme-joins-the-kickboxer-remake-replacing-tony-jaa-676

Shey Tapani
Why does it have to be a friggin remake?

Kazenji
Should make it a sequel of some sort if JVCD is in it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
Why does it have to be a friggin remake?

Would you deny any generation their own masterpiece that is "Kickboxer"?

marwash22
sounds like unwashed ass, as Rob would say.

babyboxoffice
this going to be awesome

Shey Tapani
Would you deny any generation their own masterpiece that is "Kickboxer"?

Because it's lazy. I doubt the brand resonates much besides that.

Tzeentch
Was the original film any less lazy, honestly?

Shey Tapani
It was not built on an existing franchise, just a concept.

Tzeentch
An incredibly generic and safe, recycled concept, that required minimal writing talent to create a story around.

The movie is basically just a conglomeration of ripped off plot elements from other famous underdog action flicks of the time. lol

Psychotron
I really hate modern Hollywood. Everything is a damn remake or reboot or sequel or prequel or whatever. Where's the originality?

Kazenji
Not everything

For remakes i hate when they're remake moves that are only 20 or 30 years old, Should be going for older movies then that.

Psychotron
They should just stop remaking movies. They're almost always inferior, look at the new Robocop or Total Recall for example.

Kazenji
Why stop now with remakes?....they've been doing it for years not just in the last 10 or 15 years.

I agree with Robocop but not Total Recall.

Shey Tapani
Why stop now with remakes?....they've been doing it for years not just in the last 10 or 15 years.
it was lazy than, it is lazy now.

Kazenji
I haven't got a problem with them if they got it right, But they can be a matter of opinion there.

jinXed by JaNx
i feel like this should mean more to me than it does, lol. As much as i like JCVD and as much as i enjoyed his movies while growing up, his movies only get worse with age. That's not to say that the character he portrayed in his films are any less relevant but unless you grew up with his movies i don't think you will understand that relevance. It's almost like watching a Dirty harry movie with someone who was born in the ninties, they just don't understand that, Clint Eastwood was the king of cool during that era and inspired most of the, everyday action heros, we see in movies today.

Psychotron

I agree with Robocop but not Total Recall.

Because it's lazy, and because they have no heart anymore. It's just an easy cash-grab. John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake, but it was made it a lot of effort and it's was great. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Tzeentch
Then shouldn't you be arguing that they do a better job of making remakes, rather then not making any at all?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Psychotron
Because it's lazy, and because they have no heart anymore. It's just an easy cash-grab. John Carpenter's The Thing is a remake, but it was made it a lot of effort and it's was great. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Or you've never seen a decent remake of a previous movie in the last couple year's...they have done some good ones, I suppose no use mentioning them you'll just say that they're shit or something along those lines.

Shey Tapani
Then shouldn't you be arguing that they do a better job of making remakes, rather then not making any at all?

Some can have heart, i can enjoy them. I would still prefer that there would be no remakes ever.

Psychotron
Or you've never seen a decent remake of a previous movie in the last couple year's...they have done some good ones, I suppose no use mentioning them you'll just say that they're shit or something along those lines.

Give me an example, the only recent big remakes that I can think of are Oldboy, Total Recall, and Robocop. TR and RC sucked, Oldboy was okay, but I've never seen the original.

No, because I'd rather see some original ideas instead of the endless sequels, remakes, reboots, etc.

Mindship
Why are they remaking this?? Isn't it time for a remake of "Fern Gully" instead?

Shey Tapani
Ice Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!

marwash22
Batista as Tong Po:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS1dpotVEAQVT7K.jpg

Quincy
Batista looks old as balls

Estacado
They should make JCVD do that dance again.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Quincy
Batista looks old as balls Homeboy's pushing 50.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
Batista as Tong Po:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS1dpotVEAQVT7K.jpg

Looks like a better Tong Po than the original, who was just some dude with really crappy makeup.

Ascendancy
On the remake front, it's easy and it avoids issues from writers' strikes.

As to remaking this, meh, don't really care that they are.

Robtard
Never understood peoples' gripes with remakes/reboots. Even though remakes do often fail in surpassing, let alone matching the original in quality; the original film still exist and can be enjoyed, arguably more-so after you've seen a crappy remake.

eg Conan The Barbarian (1982) is one of my favorite fantasy films; it only increased in enjoyment value after I watched that crappy Jason Momoa reboot.

Inhuman
Neg Conan The Barbarian (1982) is one of my favorite fantasy films; it only increased in enjoyment value after I watched that crappy Jason Momoa reboot.

Did you like Conan the destroyer and Red Sonia? Not as good as Barbarian but I like them non the less.

Robtard
I did back in the day and do still get nostalgia enjoyment. But they're not even close to Conan 1982 in terms of quality and story, they're your typical 80's fantasy trash that you could catch on late night television on Fridays and Saturdays.

jinXed by JaNx
Why anyone cares about this movie is beyond me. When the original, "kickboxer" released, there was a limited access to international martial arts and martial arts stars. However, by now,the Western audience is fully educated on what a masterful martial arts star is capable of producing in the cinema, thanks mostly to, Jackie Chan. I never once went back to, Kickboxer after watching, Rumble in the bronx or, Police story and expecting a better display of martial arts action. This is not a movie that needs to be remade nor was it demanded upon.

Inhuman
I did back in the day and do still get nostalgia enjoyment. But they're not even close to Conan 1982 in terms of quality and story, they're your typical 80's fantasy trash that you could catch on late night television on Fridays and Saturdays.

No movie really compares to the greatness of Conan the Barb.
But those other 2 were not too bad, besides the cheese. Plus they had prime Arnie in them.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, but i've seen remakes that top the originals...,Night of the/Danw of the living dead. Just because a Kickboxer movie may see to top the original, doesn't mean it does. Jean Claudes' techniques's were often taken from the same slow motion frame techniques. In other words, when you watch a Van damme or Steven segal, movie, their movies' always had, slow "motion tchniques or / moves" in them.

jinXed by JaNx
in other words, Kickiboxer was a piece of shit, even from the very beginning

marwash22
5WpXw_0UU8U

riv6672
This looks stupid as Hell.

Sign me up!!!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
5WpXw_0UU8U

total shit, but god martial arts, I'M IN

Impediment
Sponsored by Velveeta.

riv6672
I like cheese. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.