Sidious vs Mace & (upgraded) pals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Sidious(RotS) vs Mace Windu, Shaak Ti(TFU), Kenobi(RotS) & Anakin(RotS)

Force, sabers, all out.

Windu's team gets an upgrade, left Yoda out for obvious reasons.

Does Sidious still come out on top or is this too much quality for him to handle?

Marco1907
Why did you gave so many help to Windu while he can solo Sidious as we see in the RotS movie, book & comic book ?

Though I think Sidious can defeat Shaak Ti here (as he did to Fisto and others), but still team wins, Obi-Wan and Anakin are very decent swordsmans.

If this is Sidious vs. Windu though, I would still say toss up and really close, 5-5.

Nalaniel
Team.

carthage
The Emperor

Anakin couldn't react to him in the ROTS novelization, he still wouldn't be able to track him even if he were to face him in combat

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carthage
The Emperor

Anakin couldn't react to him in the ROTS novelization, he still wouldn't be able to track him even if he were to face him in combat

I don't buy this at all. Aside from the fact that part of the novel isn't canon, Sidious was also seen as a Blur by Windu, yet Windu was able to fight him, So Anakin "seeing" Sidious as a Blur does not in any way mean he wouldn't be capable of fighting him.

Or have you completely forgotten Luke's very first Saber training session?

AncientPower
Well Windu doesn't get the situ amp from Vaapad as he did in the novel, that mental state of his had a major situational buff for his emotions.

Sidious does have prep.

Shaak Ti won't get put down like Fisto, Tiin and Kolar were, Form II & IV master plus most cunning duellist on the high council statement points to her perfoming better than all three of her contemporaries.

Sinious
If Vaapad is off, Sidious would probably have to take 2 of them out with force powers before diving in with his saber like he did in the movie. If its down to Windu and Anakin, Sidious would eventually kill them.

They would give him a hard time for sure.

AncientPower
He still gets Vaapad but it isn't situ uber-mode like it is in the RotS novel.

Arhael
"To design and choreograph the sequence as well as the myriad other action-packed scenes in Revenge of the Sith Gillard says he first discussed with writer-director George Lucas the fighting prowess of each of the characters, which were ranked against other Jedi on a scale of 1 to 10". - Dueling Jedi article

"In Attack of the Clones, I had to give them levels," he says. "Sidious is a level nine . On this film, Obi is eight - he's moved up - Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up with Sidious". - The making of RotS.

Two out of four have the same combat prowess as Sidious. Sidious gets stomped.

Sinious
Originally posted by AncientPower
He still gets Vaapad but it isn't situ uber-mode like it is in the RotS novel.

Well yeah, that's what I meant too.
Originally posted by Arhael
"To design and choreograph the sequence as well as the myriad other action-packed scenes in Revenge of the Sith Gillard says he first discussed with writer-director George Lucas the fighting prowess of each of the characters, which were ranked against other Jedi on a scale of 1 to 10". - Dueling Jedi article

"In Attack of the Clones, I had to give them levels," he says. "Sidious is a level nine . On this film, Obi is eight - he's moved up - Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up with Sidious". - The making of RotS.

Two out of four have the same combat prowess as Sidious. Sidious gets stomped.

LMAO Why almost anything Lucas has ever said is so retarded?

Arhael
Originally posted by Sinious
LMAO Why almost anything Lucas has ever said is so retarded?
Why would it be retarded? Considering that Anakin beat Dooku, while even Yoda couldn't, these quotes make perfect sense.

Marco1907
Why would it be retarded? Considering that Anakin beat Dooku, while even Yoda couldn't, these quotes make perfect sense.

Yoda defeated Dooku,

http://i62.tinypic.com/10ydwdv.jpg

just that he manage to escape via throwing a pillar to Obi-Wan & Anakin.

Sinious

I don't think I need to explain why Anakin isnt on the same power level with ROTS Sidious...

If Kenobi joined Yoda to face Sidious for example, he would do no harm to Sidious at all, in fact he would disturb Yoda's focus as Yoda would have to try to keep Kenobi alive.

Marco1907
I don't think I need to explain why Anakin isnt on the same power level with ROTS Sidious...

If Kenobi joined Yoda to face Sidious for example, he would do no harm to Sidious at all, in fact he would disturb Yoda's focus as Yoda would have to try to keep Kenobi alive.

I agree,

it could be like this ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rahk3r5vob8

DARTH POWER

The Choreography Arhael's referring to is related to Saber prowess only. Not Force TK Prowess which is something completely separate, but plays an important part in who can compete with who in all out combat.

Originally posted by Marco1907
Yoda defeated Dooku,

just that he manage to escape via throwing a pillar to Obi-Wan & Anakin.

The movie counts as the final canon version of the fight, not the novel and certainly not the comic book. Although they may represent earlier drafts of the fight.

Marco1907
@darth power

If you consider the fact that Dooku had to retreat and escape against Yoda, yeah comic book seems valid for this.

Sinious
Originally posted by Marco1907
I agree,

it could be like this ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rahk3r5vob8

Exactly and Sidious is being heavily lowballed here. This scene made me change my mind about Sidious' lightning being the strongest sith lightning out there and still Anakin only made things worse.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The Choreography Arhael's referring to is related to Saber prowess only. Not Force TK Prowess which is something completely separate, but plays an important part in who can compete with who in all out combat.

So are you or Arhael suggesting that Anakin could kill 3 council members in seconds while fighting Windu?

carthage
I don't buy this at all. Aside from the fact that part of the novel isn't canon, Sidious was also seen as a Blur by Windu, yet Windu was able to fight him, So Anakin "seeing" Sidious as a Blur does not in any way mean he wouldn't be capable of fighting him.

He killed Tiin and Kolar faster than they could react in the movie, in the novel he moved fast enough to be 'fading from reality' to Anakin's perspective. There is no difference in speed between the films and novel, the only reason Windu didn't get blitzed was due to being immersed in Vaapad

DARTH POWER

So are you or Arhael suggesting that Anakin could kill 3 council members in seconds while fighting Windu?

I don't know. . Could Windu blitz those 3? Perhaps Sidious is faster but VAPAAD EMERGED Windu and ZONE Skywalker are stronger.

DARTH POWER
He killed Tiin and Kolar faster than they could react in the movie, in the novel he moved fast enough to be 'fading from reality' to Anakin's perspective. There is no difference in speed between the films and novel, the only reason Windu didn't get blitzed was due to being immersed in Vaapad

Again what Anakin "sees" is not the all and end all in what he can react to. You guys need to go watch A New Hope again.

Also Windu After being fully emerged in Vapaad was still describing Sidious as a Blur.

carthage
QUOTE=14845950]Originally posted by carthage

Again what Anakin "sees" is not the all and end all in what he can react to. You guys need to go watch A New Hope again.

Also Windu After being fully emerged in Vapaad was still describing Sidious as
a Blur.

Nothing in ANH contradicts the Emperor's speed or Anakin's perception. The Emperor never fought in ANH he had transcended the need for a lightsaber, and all he did was spam lightning. Vader's combat speed is slower than Anakin's as well.

DARTH POWER

Nothing in ANH contradicts the Emperor's speed or Anakin's perception. The Emperor never fought in ANH he had transcended the need for a lightsaber, and all he did was spam lightning. Vader's combat speed is slower than Anakin's as well.

I'm talking about Ben's Lightsaber lesson to Luke. "Your eyes deceive you. Don't trust them..." then telling him to deflect the shots with his eyes covered.

I.e. Anakin doesn't have to see Sidious to block is shots. He just has to feel his blows coming in the Force.

Not to mention Mace was fighting Sidious even though he also saw Sidious as a Blur after already being Emerged in Vapaad no less. And also not to mention that Anakin never actually saw Mace and Sidious fight in the film, so that whole part of the novel is not canon anyway.

Based
Team stomps.

NewGuy01

Anakin even notes that whilst he can't see them, he can feel them through the Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.