The Kage Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
RESTRICTIONS:
No Sage Mode
no Chakra Cloak (Minato)
no Edo (Tobirama &Orochimaru)
no Reaper Death Seal
Not Edo
Zetsu Body for Oro

All neutral Battlefields (ie. All elements)

Hashirama
vs
4th Kazekage
-----------------
Tobirama
vs
Yagura w/ Isobu
------------------
Hiruzen
vs
A
-----------------
Minato
Vs
Mu
-----------------
Tsunade
vs
3rd Raikage
-----------------
Danzo
Vs
Onoki
---------------
Mei
vs
Gaara
---------------
2nd Mizukage
Vs
Orochimaru
----------------

The winner of round 1 fights the winner of round 8 and so on

1v8
4v5
&
2v7
3v6

Then to the semi finals and the finals.

FULLY HEALED BETWEEN ROUNDS
who wins?
Please show brackets

pym-ftw
Really no one?

Nephthys
Too complicated. I can barely remember feats for half of these guys.

pym-ftw
erm i hope not.

I could break it down one at a time but it would have been alot of threads.

Gaara's Dad vs Tsunade's Grandfather

Go

Demonic Phoenix
I'll take a shot.

I'm assuming all feats apply, except for the ones that directly involve Edo Tensei (eg. Tobirama suicide bombing), Sage Mode (Minato & Hashirama), and KCM (Minato). So, all feats as an Edo Tensei apply (obviously for some of these dudes).

Not taking story-mode hype into account, i.e. Hashirama/Hiruzen being the 'God of Shinobi' or Hiruzen being the strongest Kage around when he was in power.

Also assuming combatants have a basic knowledge of the person, i.e. no info on their opponent's ace jutsu like Steaming Danger Tyranny, Hell Stab etc.

R16

Hashirama (Winner)
vs
4th Kazekage

GTFO if you need an explanation.
-----------------
Tobirama
vs
Yagura w/ Isobu (Winner)

Bijuu tips the scale in Yagura's favour, along with the jutsu that creates mirror images of opponents.
------------------
Hiruzen (Winner)
vs
A

Wind jutsu, versatility and Shadow clone jutsu should get Hiruzen the win.
-----------------
Minato
Vs
Mu (Winner)

Dust Release, flight & invisibility that Minato cannot detect should trump Minato's FTG.
-----------------
Tsunade
vs
3rd Raikage (Winner)

3rd should be able to outlast Tsunade's regen, and he's fast enough to evade her attacks.
-----------------
Danzo (Winner)
Vs
Onoki

Dust Release vs. Izanagi. Hmm, likely becomes a case of who can last the longest here. Gonna give it to Danzo based on his age and possession of Hashirama's cells.
---------------
Mei
vs
Gaara (Winner)

Assuming this takes place in an open battlefield, which favours Gaara. Wider scale sand jutsu & auto shields should be able to deal with Mei's elemental jutsu. Gaara's pyramid sealing jutsu should get him win.
---------------
2nd Mizukage (Winner)
Vs
Orochimaru

JOKEY BOY!

Upper Half

Q1
(1) Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(8) 2nd Mizukage

Honestly cannot call this one. On one hand, Hashirama's feats are ridiculous, even without Sage Mode. His pollen jutsu is OP.
On the other hand, he should not be able to stop Jokey Boy even if his constructs are more than capable of withstanding the explosions. Nor does he have the capability to get past the 2nd's genjutsu.

So whatever. Gonna give it to Hashirama out of a gut feeling.
--------------------
Q2
(4) Mu (winner)
vs.
(5) 3rd Raikage

Even the 3rd's ridiculous durability should not be able handle Dust Release.
--------------------
Lower Half

Q3
(2) Yagura w/Isobu (Winner)
vs.
(7) Gaara

Tough one imo. However, Yagura can use Bijuu bombs.
--------------------
Q4
(3) Hiruzen
vs.
(6) Danzo. (Winner)

Izanagi trumps Hiruzen's versatility. Hiruzen will also run out of chakra far quicker than anyone else here.

Upper Half
(Q1)Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(Q2)Mu

Mu was easily dealt with by Madara. Thinking Hashirama should be okay for the win.
--------------------
Lower Half

(Q3) Yagura w/Isobu (Winner)
vs.
(Q4) Danzo

Poor Danzo. No way he's outlasting or besting a Jinchuurikii that can transform at will and use Bijuu damas.

3rd Place

(LS1) Mu (Winner)
vs.
(LS2) Danzo

Doubt Danzo will outlast Mu. Mu will probably be outside Danzo's range as well.

(WS1)Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(WS2) Yagura w/Isobu

Almost gave it to Yagura, just for shits and giggles. Then I remembered that Hashirama is better than anyone at suppressing Bijuus.

~ Meh, I lost interest halfway through this. Way too long.

pym-ftw
Well i wanted to do an honest Kage tier thread but i assumed it would have been just filled with fanboys and flame wars, thanks for the input.

yungz22
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'll take a shot.

I'm assuming all feats apply, except for the ones that directly involve Edo Tensei (eg. Tobirama suicide bombing), Sage Mode (Minato & Hashirama), and KCM (Minato). So, all feats as an Edo Tensei apply (obviously for some of these dudes).

Not taking story-mode hype into account, i.e. Hashirama/Hiruzen being the 'God of Shinobi' or Hiruzen being the strongest Kage around when he was in power.

Also assuming combatants have a basic knowledge of the person, i.e. no info on their opponent's ace jutsu like Steaming Danger Tyranny, Hell Stab etc.

R16

Hashirama (Winner)
vs
4th Kazekage

GTFO if you need an explanation.
-----------------
Tobirama
vs
Yagura w/ Isobu (Winner)

Bijuu tips the scale in Yagura's favour, along with the jutsu that creates mirror images of opponents.
------------------
Hiruzen (Winner)
vs
A

Wind jutsu, versatility and Shadow clone jutsu should get Hiruzen the win.
-----------------
Minato
Vs
Mu (Winner)

Dust Release, flight & invisibility that Minato cannot detect should trump Minato's FTG.
-----------------
Tsunade
vs
3rd Raikage (Winner)

3rd should be able to outlast Tsunade's regen, and he's fast enough to evade her attacks.
-----------------
Danzo (Winner)
Vs
Onoki

Dust Release vs. Izanagi. Hmm, likely becomes a case of who can last the longest here. Gonna give it to Danzo based on his age and possession of Hashirama's cells.
---------------
Mei
vs
Gaara (Winner)

Assuming this takes place in an open battlefield, which favours Gaara. Wider scale sand jutsu & auto shields should be able to deal with Mei's elemental jutsu. Gaara's pyramid sealing jutsu should get him win.
---------------
2nd Mizukage (Winner)
Vs
Orochimaru

JOKEY BOY!

Upper Half

Q1
(1) Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(8) 2nd Mizukage

Honestly cannot call this one. On one hand, Hashirama's feats are ridiculous, even without Sage Mode. His pollen jutsu is OP.
On the other hand, he should not be able to stop Jokey Boy even if his constructs are more than capable of withstanding the explosions. Nor does he have the capability to get past the 2nd's genjutsu.

So whatever. Gonna give it to Hashirama out of a gut feeling.
--------------------
Q2
(4) Mu (winner)
vs.
(5) 3rd Raikage

Even the 3rd's ridiculous durability should not be able handle Dust Release.
--------------------
Lower Half

Q3
(2) Yagura w/Isobu (Winner)
vs.
(7) Gaara

Tough one imo. However, Yagura can use Bijuu bombs.
--------------------
Q4
(3) Hiruzen
vs.
(6) Danzo. (Winner)

Izanagi trumps Hiruzen's versatility. Hiruzen will also run out of chakra far quicker than anyone else here.

Upper Half
(Q1)Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(Q2)Mu

Mu was easily dealt with by Madara. Thinking Hashirama should be okay for the win.
--------------------
Lower Half

(Q3) Yagura w/Isobu (Winner)
vs.
(Q4) Danzo

Poor Danzo. No way he's outlasting or besting a Jinchuurikii that can transform at will and use Bijuu damas.

3rd Place

(LS1) Mu (Winner)
vs.
(LS2) Danzo

Doubt Danzo will outlast Mu. Mu will probably be outside Danzo's range as well.

(WS1)Hashirama (Winner)
vs.
(WS2) Yagura w/Isobu

Almost gave it to Yagura, just for shits and giggles. Then I remembered that Hashirama is better than anyone at suppressing Bijuus.

I wouldnt have had yagura go so far in this. Yes hes a cool character and has a bijuu but tobirama has fought and killed many uchiha while yagura was controlled by one for much of his time as a kage.

Plus yagura only has the three tails. Though he is strong the sanbi is very beatable against kage level ninja

Tobiram would beat yagura.

~ Meh, I lost interest halfway through this. Way too long.

wouldnt have had yagura go so far in this. Yes hes a cool character and has a bijuu but tobirama has fought and killed many uchiha while yagura was controlled by one for much of his time as a kage.

Plus yagura only has the three tails. Though he is strong the sanbi is very beatable against kage level ninja. Especially one who killed madara's brother the second uchiha to wield the magekyou sharingan at that time.

Tobiram would beat yagura.

Trocity
I'll just skip right to it and say Hashirama wins in the end, regardless of who he has to face to get there wink

yungz22
Oh yea and the sanbi got captured by deidara.... Its strong but very beatable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.