DC does better TV then Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Smallville was the absolute benchmark for DC in their ability to capture a life/progress story of their main Superhero. The show was stellar for 10 years.

Next came the Green Arrow which is changing the game as well. I really like this show, not as much as Smallville because its hard to top the original.

Up soon is, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine and Preacher.

I am very impressed with their ability to capture the tried and true Super heroes but add in a modern twist that you can consistently watch every week for years on end.

For me, Agents of Shield just did not cut the mustard. DC has been killing Marvel in TV, which is in reverse to Marvel Releasing more movies then DC. Now Marvel is scrambling to punch out TV series.

DC combined with CW already has a 10 year head start on how to make these sets, plots, and tie in's because of the huge success of Smallville which brought out characters like the Flash, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Aqua Man and a few others.

Who do you favor more in TV verse, Marvel or DC, and do you think Marvel can pull off new series to keep up with Flash, Gotham and Constantine?

Firefly218
Marvel has 4 Netflix series coming up on Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. Netflix shows are known for being more graphic, adult and mature. So I have high hopes.

Agents of SHIELD was a gigantic disappointment.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel has 4 Netflix series coming up on Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. Netflix shows are known for being more graphic, adult and mature. So I have high hopes.

Agents of SHIELD was a gigantic disappointment.

I really tried to like AOS, it was just fail on many levels. I just don't see Marvel studios gaining ground with people like Daredevil and Luke Cage, what about you?

Robtard
Marvel is smart using Netflix as their format; while I don't expect House of Cards quality from a show about a superhero, the potential is there and not being restricted by the FCC, or at least as much, is a massive bonus.

DC animated movies are generally superior to Marvel's though. Under the Red Hood, Wonder Woman and Dark Knight Returns are top quality.

Time Immemorial
I'm more referring to non animated series.

BruceSkywalker
I enjoy Arrow a whole lot, looking forward to october to when the season starts..

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.., please do not get me started on that atrocious trash, but that show needs, repeats better writing..

I will be watching Marvel's shows on netflix though

Robtard
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I'm more referring to non animated series.

Then not so sure I agree, Smallville was alright for a few seasons then turned to shit. Arrow I couldn't get though a single episode. Agents of Shield is crappy as well, but it's better than Smallville and Arrow.

Will give the new DC shows a shot though, especially looking forward to Constantine.

Firefly218
I really tried to like AOS, it was just fail on many levels. I just don't see Marvel studios gaining ground with people like Daredevil and Luke Cage, what about you?
Well, the writers for AOS are awful.

Daredevil has the writer from Buffy and Sparticus as showrunner, so it would be surprising if Daredevil is badly written.

I think the Netflix shows will be good, if not great.

As for DC television, I love it. DC is definition ahead, Arrow is awesome, Flash is awesome, Constantine looks awesome.

DARTH POWER
I do have hopes for Daredevil. Hoping they eventually do Blade as well.

Kazenji
I'd rather see Blade in another movie, All Marvel Studio's has to do is put out other some movies under the Marvel Knights brand but still have it set with the movie verse.

Firefly218
I'd love to see a Blade movie, but not in the MCU. As a stand alone Marvel movie, in its own universe.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
Then not so sure I agree, Smallville was alright for a few seasons then turned to shit. Arrow I couldn't get though a single episode. Agents of Shield is crappy as well, but it's better than Smallville and Arrow.

Will give the new DC shows a shot though, especially looking forward to Constantine.

Hey if you like DC animated series more, roll with it. I do as well.

Mindset
DC has been doing tv for awhile, Marvel are still novices.

Kamahamaha
Having read some threads in the film section, I'd be interested to hear what a poster called Quanchi thinks. I can guess though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
I'd love to see a Blade movie, but not in the MCU. As a stand alone Marvel movie, in its own universe.

They could still have it set in the movie verse, Just not have it involved with the current story that they been planning.

BlackZero30x

Who do you favor more in TV verse, Marvel or DC, and do you think Marvel can pull off new series to keep up with Flash, Gotham and Constantine?

Imo Marvel could bust out some great shows and still may Daredevil and so on. I think the problem was they had this great idea to make a show based on the agents of shield that tied to their movies. The problem with that is most people don't care about shield they want to see superheroes. So it was a fail of an idea but I think those netflix series will be the start of their awesome shows.

Im just soo happy Marvel and DC are putting out all this stuff. It really seems like it is a great time to love comics! I remember when I was a child how I got ridiculed for liking comics. So its just nice to see them getting so much popularity with either brand.

Bardock42
I'd agree that DC is doing better than Marvel on TV currently.

Firefly218
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Imo Marvel could bust out some great shows and still may Daredevil and so on. I think the problem was they had this great idea to make a show based on the agents of shield that tied to their movies. The problem with that is most people don't care about shield they want to see superheroes. So it was a fail of an idea but I think those netflix series will be the start of their awesome shows.

Im just soo happy Marvel and DC are putting out all this stuff. It really seems like it is a great time to love comics! I remember when I was a child how I got ridiculed for liking comics. So its just nice to see them getting so much popularity with either brand.

thumb up kids like you grew up

heathjack
im both marvel and dc fan mostly more of a marvel fan. I do watch agent of shield some episodes are good then some are kind of stupid but its ok show my favorite show right now is Arrow small ville will always be my favorite I also been watching the flash and Gotham my favorite new show is Gotham but im now digging the flash right now. did you know that their making live action teen Titians TV sereis on tnt ? their also making a live action static shock TV series their also making new super man show called krypton then their also making super girl TV series on cbs .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.