Tenzin vs. Iroh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
Tenzin vs. Uncle Iroh

Who wins?

pym-ftw
Iroh most likely. I like Tenzen more for the record.

King Joker
I respect Tenzin's fighting ability far more than I did before I saw the episode The Ultimatum.

Rikudo sennin
Tenzin really impressed me in this episode.

I think his feats are on par with a non comet enhances iroh.

AuraAngel
His feats are better than base Iroh. The only thing Iroh has over Tenzin is lightning but in terms of showings I lean towards Tenzin. Iroh does have more implied power what with being able to go toe to toe with Ozai according to Zuko(though Iroh himself isn't entirely sure there).

KingD19
Tenzin took on four of the most badass benders aside from Iroh and Ozai in the past few decades.

pym-ftw
And when fighting all 4 got his @ss kicked...not exactly feat worthy.

KingD19
All four had to attack him at exactly the same time from different angles. And even injured he still did more damage against them than most of the combined efforts from everyone the Red Lotus has fought all season.

And all four have beaten some of the best benders alive today. Kia, Lin, Suyin, Zuko, Tonraq, etc...

pym-ftw
They barely escaped the metal city, and had the jump on the prison escapes. I'm really liking the red lotus but I'd still put them each well behind Amon power wise.

Nephthys
That's unfair. No-one is on Amon's level power wise except an Avatar.

yungz22
Prisoners of the moment will say tenzin...... Tenzin's cool but IROH was considered one of the strongest fire masters in the world at one time even being called the dragon of the west having learned the art from the last dragons.

Tenzin on the other hand is the only airbender master so theres really noone to compare him too. Hes very good at airbending i just dont think iroh would lose to him

yungz22
And you gotta think about it of course tenzin is beating zaheer. Tenzin has been ab airbender for years while zaheer has only been one for a month or two

pym-ftw
Zaheer was studying airbending for a while though,

NemeBro
Originally posted by pym-ftw
They barely escaped the metal city, and had the jump on the prison escapes. I'm really liking the red lotus but I'd still put them each well behind Amon power wise. They're not on Amon's level because Amon is a psychic bloodbender, which beats any conventional bending not backed by an Avatar spirit. Without bloodbending, by feats he's weaker than any individual member of the Red Lotus, or Unalaq for that matter.

pym-ftw
...agreed, but Amon nearly exclusively used bloodbending to disguise his bending.

KingD19
His blood bending is what made him so effective though. Just slightly throwing off someones aim will do wonders when you need to get in close. Even people like Aang and Tenzin who do almost nothing but evade attacks got hit a lot. It's clear that Amon used his bloodbending to help him out in fights before he was discovered as a waterbender.

pym-ftw
...agreed, but Amon nearly exclusively used bloodbending to disguise his bending.

KingD19
So what point are you making?

pym-ftw
That saying Amon is weaker than someone else by removing 90% of his feats is idiotic. We really have no idea how powerful his more traditional waterbending was. To try and say he loses based on a forced lack of feats is not a fair to compare.

It would be like me saying Leia > Luke in a gun fight by feats.

KingD19
The same can be said for claiming Amon is stronger when he has such hax uber abilities. We know that one on one, he couldn't take on Korra once his bloodbending was overcome.

pym-ftw
...what?

He's only tough because he can't be beaten. Avatar form would crush the red lotus.

yungz22
Zaheer was studying airbending for a while though,

Reading books isnt gonna make you surpass an airbending master

NemeBro
That saying Amon is weaker than someone else by removing 90% of his feats is idiotic. We really have no idea how powerful his more traditional waterbending was. To try and say he loses based on a forced lack of feats is not a fair to compare.

It would be like me saying Leia > Luke in a gun fight by feats. No, it's more like saying Lex Luthor > Superman because he has Kryptonite on him at all times.

Bloodbending more or less beats anyone who isn't immune to it.

That said, consider that Mako could break free of it and hit Amon. If Ghazan did the same, I don't like Amon's chances of surviving a fist full of lava. Or a head-on combustion beam. Zaheer and Ming-Hua may be screwed though.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by yungz22
Reading books isnt gonna make you surpass an airbending master agreed but it certainly gives him a solid base.Originally posted by NemeBro
No, it's more like saying Lex Luthor > Superman because he has Kryptonite on him at all times.

Bloodbending more or less beats anyone who isn't immune to it.

That said, consider that Mako could break free of it and hit Amon. If Ghazan did the same, I don't like Amon's chances of surviving a fist full of lava. Or a head-on combustion beam. Zaheer and Ming-Hua may be screwed though. Mako can lightning bend with very minimal movement. I will concede that combustion could possibly be used without moving. Ghazan on the other hand needs fairly large movements to lava bend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.