Missed Opportunity when it comes to THOR

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Enzeru
So we all knew for a while now that Thor would become unworthy of Mjolnir and that a mysterious woman would become the new and actual THOR.
It was also revealed that the woman was somehow connected to Thor. He already knew her.

I really had high hopes for that story after some stuff went through my mind, but the recent events in comics totally ruined my theories and wishes for the Marvel comics. In the comics Nick Fury whispered something to Thor and he became unworthy of Mjolnir. It was probably a quick change of morality or something like that, but whatever Nick Fury said... I expect it to be something lazy and stupid in the end.

That's where the missed opportunity is.

I was thinking that with the approaching AXIS event and the change of morals for all the characters, where good ones become bad and bad ones become good, the same would have applied for Thor:

Thor would have become a bad guy and he would have lost his worthiness of wielding Mjolnir for the same reason.
At the same time a woman from Thor's past... someone evil... Would have become good and somehow worthy of wielding Mjonir. She would have become the new Thor.

That would have opened so much possibilities and great interaction between the characters with the evil woman becoming good and the new Thor and trying to save the new, evil Odinson. Maybe after the story is over and she lost her Thor powers, she would have been affected by her adventures as a good person and might have stepped into Thor's life, who is cool and all that, but let's be serious here: He needs a woman on his side, which might open new stories with her being the damsel in distress and so on, and so on.

krisblaze
Everything went to hell after V2 ended.

Oeming gave him a great finish, and even tied up some really old stuff from x-men/alpha flight with 'The Ones Who Sit Above'.

JMS' comic was great, but it took Thor in the wrong direction.

Gilen was an -ok- placeholder, but he was never anything other than that.

Then everything started going downhill at breakneck speed.

Kazenji
Originally posted by krisblaze

Then everything started going downhill at breakneck speed.

Good thing Aaron got the book back on track after Matt Fraction's turn.

Endless Mike
So do we actually know who the female Thor is yet?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Endless Mike
So do we actually know who the female Thor is yet?

Nope

wonder if its Jane Foster, I know they did a "what if" along those lines.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Kazenji
Good thing Aaron got the book back on track after Matt Fraction's turn.

Gorr stuff was great.

His other stuff's been a bit lackluster, though I can hardly blame him for Loki being turned into a kid.

Kazenji
Gorr stuff was great.

His other stuff's been a bit lackluster, though I can hardly blame him for Loki being turned into a kid.

Not sure what your problem is with his writing is

but i've liked him since he wrote Ghost Rider, Only time when took a dip was when he had a go at writing Hulk.

krisblaze
Not sure what your problem is with his writing is

but i've liked him since he wrote Ghost Rider, Only time when took a dip was when he had a go at writing Hulk.

I liked his Ghost Rider.

I don't like his post-Gorr stuff because it feels like a placeholder. The issue with Jane Foster was good, but the Roxxon story felt like filler.

I liked Scalped, but I hated his run on X-Men.

Ups and downs I guess. Prefer him when he's writing more serious stuff I think yes

riv6672
There are very few writers i like on everything.

Jane Foster's an interesting idea for our new Thor, though...

basilisk
I had assumed it was going to be Jane Foster. But that was just my first guess, not based on any actual clues, since I haven't been following much of Thor other than the Gorr stuff. Will be interesting to see who it is, but it won't last anyway.

krisblaze
Jane has cancer, so if she's going to stick around then I guess it has to be her.

riv6672
Originally posted by basilisk
I had assumed it was going to be Jane Foster. But that was just my first guess, not based on any actual clues, since I haven't been following much of Thor other than the Gorr stuff. Will be interesting to see who it is, but it won't last anyway.

Well yes, but if she proves popular, maybe she'll get her own hammer and stick around the MU.
I have to admit, the thought of a hot chick dressed as Thor...does not bother me. blink

Newjak
Could be the Enchantress if we went with your initial idea of an evil person becoming good.

riv6672
Enchantress isnt bad, she's just drawn that way...

Really an interesting choice though, considering how other characters'd react to her.

basilisk
Enchantress would actually be cool. Better than Foster.

Endless Mike
Maybe it should be Sif

riv6672
Not too keen on Sif.
No particular reason, just always found her bland.

Kazenji
I liked Sif, Especially with what little time they gave her with the Journey Into Mystery book.

riv6672
Never read it, BUT, i heard it was good.
If its her, i'll for sure go in openminded, though!

Khazra Reborn
I think it should be someone completely out of left field, like Hela or something.

joesha28
The previews are out.... the woman (that is what i am gonna call her) is on the moon lifting Mjolnir.

According to the link from Marvel, even Odin can't lift Mjolnir. WHATS HAPPENING MARVEL?

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/9/4/23199/exclusive_russell_dauterman_brings_thor_to_life

Kazenji
Originally posted by joesha28

, even Odin can't lift Mjolnir.

Really?

that's some good enchantment whatever Nick Fury did to it.

joesha28
I don't have a problem with Thor losing the hammer, but I wished it was a grand way!!! Like Thor showing all of his power in battle... full potential with lots lots of destruction that makes him unworthy.

joesha28
Really?

that's some good enchantment whatever Nick Fury did to it.

So now fury is greater than a skyfather?

krisblaze
I thought Fury just told Thor something? That made Thor unworthy.

This is shit, but Marvel's been trash the last 5-6 years.

Kazenji
Well he's the one that made Thor unworthy from what i hear, From that Original Sin event.

krisblaze
Well he's the one that made Thor unworthy from what i hear, From that Original Sin event.
He whispered something to Thor.

It's just Aaron being clueless though. Nobody at Marvel gives a **** anymore.

Kazenji
Nobody at Marvel gives a **** anymore.

Maybe when it comes to Thor.

joesha28
Marvel just need Stan the Man to drive the company to make it great again.

joesha28
Maybe when it comes to Thor.

Well, you may not know... Parker is not spidey. Steve Rogers not Cap america, Woman thor and LogaN gonna die now...

riv6672
So will you guys be dropping the book, then?

joesha28
Yes... for now... the only thing that will pull me in will be great showing of Unworthy Thor.

Kazenji
Originally posted by joesha28
Well, you may not know... Parker is not spidey. Steve Rogers not Cap america, Woman thor and LogaN gonna die now...

Actually Parker is back to being Spidey

and as for the rest i knew all that, Logan will be back of course.

krisblaze
Actually Parker is back to being Spidey

and as for the rest i knew all that, Logan will be back of course.
Obviously they will all return to the status quo eventually...

joesha28
Obviously they will all return to the status quo eventually...

if this was facebook I would have "LIKE" it

riv6672
If everyone agrees this is all temporary, why the fuss?

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
If everyone agrees this is all temporary, why the fuss?

Exactly

complaining for the sake of it.

krisblaze
Exactly

complaining for the sake of it.

Oh shut the phuck up.

Most unpleasant things are temporary.

2-3 years of shit Thor stuff is still 2-3 years of shit Thor stuff.

They already tried this so many times.

Kazenji
Enough of the flaming please.

krisblaze
Enough of the flaming please.
Don't start flaming then.

Kazenji
How am i flaming...nevermind.

krisblaze
Talking shit.

This is a thread called 'Missed Opportunities when it comes to Thor'.

Obviously people are going to bring up what they feel are, you guessed it, 'missed opportunities when it comes to Thor'.

If you want to blindly gobble up anything Marvel throws at you, then there's a thread for doing that. This thread, on the other hand, was clearly created with the intent to voice grievances about the way Thor's being handled.

All clear? Good.

riv6672
You arent.
He takes disagreement as flaming.
God forbid someone bring up the opposite viewpoint in...a discussion.

Golgo13
I thought Fury just told Thor something? That made Thor unworthy.

This is shit, but Marvel's been trash the last 5-6 years.

I agree with you for the most part. They have a handful of good books, but their events blow big time.

riv6672
I'm not a fan of events in general.
They are so overdone, they, IMO, screw up story lines in regular books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.