Tarzan Vs. Batman hand to hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kamahamaha
Who wins this?

Dreampanther
Probably Tarzan. He's immortal and has killed nearly everything under the planet (mostly unarmed). For example, when a bunch of Predators took Jane he pretty much tore them apart. Batman is also handicapped because he can't sneak up on Tarzan (sense of smell) while sneaking up on people is a specialty of Tarzan.

Tarzan (going mostly on the books) is stronger, faster, more agile and has a lot more experience. With Batman's fancy martial arts he should be able to pull off a few wins, though.

I would say Tarzan six, maybe seven out of ten.

Damn, now I'm going to have to read Batman vs Predator to see how they compare...

Dreampanther
Finally managed to get hold off and read Batman vs Predator. Then re-read Tarzan vs Predator. Based on their performances, I have to give this to Tarzan by a huge margin.

It took Batman three encounters against a Predator to finally get the upper hand, and he got the hell kicked out of him in the process. He had to get an armour suit with sonar simply to amp his strength and endurance enough to compete and to be able to track the Predator. In the end, if it wasn't for Alfred disobeying him and intervening with a shotgun, he would likely have lost the final encounter. Fine, you could argue that Batman was handicapped because he was trying to capture the Predator instead of killing it, but then that has always been a handicap for him.

Tarzan, meanwhile, killed more than a dozen Predators, armed most of the time with little more than his knife. He could track them without needing any gadgets and quickly figured out how to use their own weapons against them. It quickly became clear that they might be Predators, but he was a Super Predator and by far the better hunter. When they took Jane and he thought she was killed, he was so enraged he charged straight at a Predator trying to shoot him with his beam weapon, dodging the beams and tearing the Predator apart.

In the end, the Predators tried to flee in a spaceship and Tarzan took out the spaceship using a bunch of dinosaurs. One Predator had a clear shot at Tarzan and didn't even try to take the shot, respecting him too much.

So, based on their performances, I would say Tarzan is faster, stronger, more agile and much more aggressive, making him the clear winner in hand to hand. He can be knocked out and Batman does have some tricky moves, so I would say Batman might get one, maybe even two wins out of ten, especially if it's not a fight to the death, as Tarzan might be hampered by the fact that he would have to adjust his fighting style by not going full out.

Urizkerx
Batman with ease

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Urizkerx
Batman with ease

doh

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Urizkerx
Batman with ease

confused

Wait. Is Batman using both hands or just one?

riv6672
I love how someone like Dreampanther puts in time to research and give an informed opinion, then the counter argument is all of 3 words.

Eixuheus
Yeah but Dreampanther's argument consist of using non canon material, and saying that Batman would lose because he struggled with the Predator in a non canon confrontation.

When in reality Bats has beaten the sh(t out of characters that would tear a Predator in half.

Lots of research, poor argument.

riv6672
Considering Tarzan is originally a book character, and has no regular series, i personally think these examples should be given into evidence, perhaps an amendment to the rules?
Recent Godzilla threads have touched on the movies.
And really, you cant get much poorer an argument than "x wins easily".

Eixuheus
Originally posted by riv6672
Considering Tarzan is originally a book character, and has no regular series, i personally think these examples should be given into evidence, perhaps an amendment to the rules?
Recent Godzilla threads have touched on the movies.
And really, you cant get much poorer an argument than "x wins easily". I don't have an issue with Tarzan getting credit for performing a feat, but the fact is that Batman has better feats than what's been listed for Tarzan.

Make no mistake, I'm not even arguing that Batman wins, and I agree that simply saying Batman wins is pretty bad, but I'd hate more for some to do research, put effort into an argument and then have it fall apart because someone poked it too hard.

riv6672
Ah. Doesn't seem like thats what you were saying.
Dreampanther's argument's not bad, though.

KingD19
Using Tarzan's feats v Batman's against the Predator's, Tarzan wins.

Using all of Batman's feats v Tarzan's, Batman wins.

riv6672
Predator IS where the twain meet regarding the two characters; its a natural point to start from.
Still, taking into account Tarzan's source material, he has a LOT of feats to draw on.

KingD19
And Batman has literally decades. Decades of crazy sh*t like hurting Wonder Woman with a punch to the solar plexus because of speed and skill. Sh*t like kicking Darkseid and drawing blood. Dodging Omega Beams. Dodging sniper rifle fire from a block away, and being behind the shooter before they put down the scope. Blocking bullets with batarangs. Hurting metahumans, etc...

Eixuheus
Sad thing is whenever Batman does a ridiculous feat, some people automatically scream PIS as if it's going to invalidate it. PIS has become a term people use when they see something they dislike.

riv6672
Yeah it has.

@KingD19
Tarzan has more years worth of feats, actually.
Unlike comics though, they arent as easily pointed out or scanned. Its been years since i read the Tarzan novels, but as was pointed out he's, no pun intended, a beast.

DTM
If this is strictly HTH, no equipment, no gadgets, no other weaponry, I could very well see Tarzan taking down Batman (or Bruce Wayne, at this point) a bit more than not.

riv6672
Here's a Tarzan respect thread i found.
Didnt click all the examples but they all seem to be comics, not novels, which i still think should be admissible...

http://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/27bjoy/tarzan_lord_of_the_apes/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.