ROTJ Luke runs the Jedi Council Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
1. Coleman Trebor
2. Adi Gallia
3. Saesee Tiin
4. Agen Kolar
5. Kit Fisto
6. Ki-Adi Mundi
7. Shaak Ti
8. Plo Koon
9. ROTS Kenobi

Boss Fight: ROTS Mace Windu

Where does he stop?

DarthAnt66
Does he get full rest in-between fight?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Does he get full rest in-between fight?

Yes

DarthAnt66
Stops at 9 probably then.

carthage
Probably 8-9

DARTH POWER
A bit difficult to know really. But my guess would be 3. There perhaps are Council Members Luke can take like Coleman or Adi. But to take Council members who are considered amongst the best swordsmen in Jedi history seems unlikely for Half trained Padawan Luke.

Q99
He may not be completely trained, but he has power to spare.

8 or 9 is my bet.

AncientPower
7, if he has Force will bias then Boss.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
He may not be completely trained, but he has power to spare.

8 or 9 is my bet.

Question is how much power.

9's a bit too high Imho.

ares834

Marco1907
Stops at 9.

Trocity
I'm not even sure he could make it all the way to 9, ROTJ Luke isn't very spectacular.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Trocity
I'm not even sure he could make it all the way to 9, ROTJ Luke isn't very spectacular.

thumb up

He's destined to become the greatest Jedi ever. But at this point he was still only a half trained Padawan.

I put him at TPM Kenobi level tops. And that is being generous.

Emperordmb
I think he stops at 8 or 9 personally. Shaak Ti would also give him a fight. Possibly makes it to the boss.

Fated Xtasy
I think he can possibly clear, he did almost kill Vader.

Emperordmb
Edit: **** accidentally quoted instead of edited... ignore that.

Nephthys
Anything from 2 to 9.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I think he can possibly clear, he did almost kill Vader.

Used force rage though. And its possible that Vader was holding back.

NewGuy01

Selenial
Didn't Lucas say Luke couldn't take anyone on the Jedi council as of ROTS?

Without that quote, stops at 3.

Nephthys
I think it was Filoni.

No condescending tumblr gif this time......

Selenial
Even so, it's canon stick out tongue

But yeh.... No, Luke wouldn't even come close to 9.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Marco1907
Used force rage though. And its possible that Vader was holding back.

If he's allowed to use Rage i say he clears other wise, i think he stops at 9, 8 and possibly 7 :/

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If he's allowed to use Rage i say he clears other wise, i think he stops at 9, 8 and possibly 7 :/

You think he takes Windu?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Selenial
Even so, it's canon stick out tongue

I think when one of the top and most knowledgeable creators of Official Canon, one who has discussed it all with Lucas on a daily basis for the last 10 years, gives us an idea of the power levels then it's probably not far off from the truth.

Filoni said ANY member of the council would beat Luke. I'm not even going to that extreme, as I said he will take Cloeman and Adi. But then saying ROTJ Luke could beat anyone on the Council except Yoda, Mace and Obi-Wan, is clearly another extreme completely ignoring and contradicting the statements of one of the big creators of official canon in the PT and OT era.

Emperordmb
Filoni just said he had the notion that any councilor would beat Luke...

that doesn't sound like an official declaration to me.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You think he takes Windu?

Well Vader is more or less equal to Mace. and i did say Luke would have to be in rage mode to clear. though Vaapad might be a factor if he goes into rage..

Emperordmb
Well Vader is more or less equal to Mace. and i did say Luke would have to be in rage mode to clear. though Vaapad might be a factor if he goes into rage..
I'd say Vader wasn't fighting at 100% in his fight with Luke though, so while I think Luke taking Kenobi may be possible, I don't think it's gonna happen with Windu.

The_Tempest
The only way I'd give Luke the nod over the Council is if we assume Vader was really fighting his best in ROTJ.

FreshestSlice
Nah, Vader only gets more serious when he loses an arm.

Lord Stark
Luke won't go into rage mode though. He's not like Anakin, he had to be goaded hardcore before he gave in.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Filoni just said he had the notion that any councilor would beat Luke...

that doesn't sound like an official declaration to me.

Yeah but he also makes it pretty clear Luke was never going to defeat Vader or Sidious in Lightsaber Combat. That wasn't just a notion.

Like I said I find it pretty difficult to believe that such a big creator of Official Canon in both the PT and OT era, who spoke to Lucas on a daily basis for the last 8 years on everything Star Wars, could be THAT Wrong.

Besides I can't see any way or reason for putting ROTJ Luke above TPM Kenobi. That's the highest level I could put him on personally, which may be good enough to take some Council Members, but certainly not the vast majority of them.

FreshestSlice
TPM Kenobi wouldn't be able to bring down TIE Fighters.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
TPM Kenobi wouldn't be able to bring down TIE Fighters.

When did ROTJ Luke do that?

Best Force feat I remember is him holding up an At-St for a few seconds.

FreshestSlice
I didn't say that he brought it down with the Force. TPM Kenobi isn't as skilled with sabers either.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Best Force feat I remember is him holding up an At-St for a few seconds.

You'd be hilariously wrong. That's Pre-ESB.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You'd be hilariously wrong. That's Pre-ESB.

What? No. It was a comic based right after ROTJ. Will have to check the comic's name on the weekend.

Anyway since you accused me of being "hilariously wrong" your welcome to give what you think ROTJ Luke's best TK feats are. And it should be much better than holding up the AT-ST considering I was "hilariously wrong."

TPM Kenobi isn't as skilled with sabers either.

Pretty doubtful. He has years more experience than Luke, being trained the whole time under a Jedi Master. And unlike Luke he wasn't only Half trained. And he went toe to toe with a Sith Lord who wasn't holding back.

NewGuy01
He's levitated himself, another person, as well as an airspeeder simultaneously shortly after RotJ. He also halted a freighter mid-crash, though I've heard that there are more details to how he accomplished this. He also has a statement saying he's as powerful as Vader. Also, as a Telepath, he's probed the minds of enemy ship pilots and forced them to fire on their allies from a great distance, which in itself is a great TP showing. He's also expanded his senses to the size of an entire asteroid field, detecting everything within its borders.

Him supporting an At-St for a couple seconds is hardly the pinnacle of his force achievements.

FreshestSlice

Pretty doubtful. He has years more experience than Luke, being trained the whole time under a Jedi Master. And unlike Luke he wasn't only Half trained. And he went toe to toe with a Sith Lord who wasn't holding back.
All right, show me where TPM Kenobi cut down TIE Fighters and I'll agree with you. Experience means shit when dealing with special snowflakes. And considering the Maul ignored Kenobi for literally the entire time until he went rage mode, in which he was still defeated quickly, I don't get your point in bringing that up.

DARTH POWER
All right, show me where TPM Kenobi cut down TIE Fighters and I'll agree with you.

What the heck is cutting down tie fighters got to do with anything.

Experience means shit when dealing with special snowflakes.

And what speciality has Luke shown in Saber combat?

And considering the Maul ignored Kenobi for literally the entire time until he went rage mode, in which he was still defeated quickly, I don't get your point in bringing that up.

Because it's a feat for Kenobi. Against a Sith Lord who wasn't his Daddy and not holding back at all.

Arhael
He's levitated himself, another person, as well as an airspeeder simultaneously shortly after RotJ. He also halted a freighter mid-crash, though I've heard that there are more details to how he accomplished this. He also has a statement saying he's as powerful as Vader. Also, as a Telepath, he's probed the minds of enemy ship pilots and forced them to fire on their allies from a great distance, which in itself is a great TP showing. He's also expanded his senses to the size of an entire asteroid field, detecting everything within its borders.

Him supporting an At-St for a couple seconds is hardly the pinnacle of his force achievements.
Yes, Luke safely landed himself, his airspeeder and Isolder like feathers in Courtship of Princess Leia book, which is an unparalleled feat. In the same book he blocked lightning of a powerful witch and chopped her head off. However, in the same book he nearly died from Gedzerion's Force blast and his thought was something like this is how it would be, if Vader used full Force on him. And a year later he was pretty much helpless against C'baot in final confrontation.

It shows that he already more or less reached his Force potential, however, he still lacked experience of effectively utilizing this potential during combat.

If it was sabers only gauntlet, I would agree that he can reach 9 but in all out he might lose even at 1.

DARTH POWER
He's levitated himself, another person, as well as an airspeeder simultaneously shortly after RotJ.

And that's better than holding up an At-St?

He also halted a freighter mid-crash, though I've heard that there are more details to how he accomplished this.

So context required.

He also has a statement saying he's as powerful as Vader.

Yeah how about you people start listening to the direct statements of George Lucas and his associate creators of Canon before taking random statements from people much much much lower on the canon hierarchy.

Also, as a Telepath, he's probed the minds of enemy ship pilots and forced them to fire on their allies from a great distance, which in itself is a great TP showing. He's also expanded his senses to the size of an entire asteroid field, detecting everything within its borders.

Not exactly a TK feat but nice.

TK wise? Yeah it is.

His main combat feat that everyone is praising him for is holding off a Holding back Vader in a regular state. And beating a holding back Vader in an enraged state.

A Non-Holding back Ashoka was taking on both Anakin and Kenobi together when they didn't want to hurt her. What does it prove? Well nothing really.

FreshestSlice
What the heck is cutting down tie fighters got to do with anything.

Speed

I'm guessing your opinion is above Vader's. Sure, Luke wasn't on Vader's level, but he's fought him more than twice, you know, and each time he has shown more skill than TPM Kenobi ever did.

He didn't even do well. erm

Getting your ass kicked is not a feat.

DARTH POWER
Speed

Yeah? Does it beat this (goto 6:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OTHjSG61SI

I seriously doubt it.

I'm guessing your opinion is above Vader's.

No, I'm guessing George Lucas's opinion is above that of a fallible in universe character. Especially when said character is talking about his own son.

Sure, Luke wasn't on Vader's level, but he's fought him more than twice, you know, and each time he has shown more skill than TPM Kenobi ever did.

LOL So your claiming he showed more skill than Obi-Wan in Empire Strikes Back as well? Yeah sure he did.

And especially in ROTJ waving his Saber around like a baseball bat. That was pure skill too I'm guessing?

He may have had the raw power to even the odds, but in terms of pure skill he was nowhere near TPM Kenobi's level.

He didn't even do well. erm

Getting your ass kicked is not a feat.

He cut his Saber in 2.. Something his Master couldn't do. And he was fighting him alongside his master for a good while. All the fights in Star Wars have shown that even with a 2 on 1, or even 3 on 1, if you can't hold your own against the opponent, then you won't last even with help.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Arhael
Yes, Luke safely landed himself, his airspeeder and Isolder like feathers in Courtship of Princess Leia book, which is an unparalleled feat. In the same book he blocked lightning of a powerful witch and chopped her head off. However, in the same book he nearly died from Gedzerion's Force blast and his thought was something like this is how it would be, if Vader used full Force on him. And a year later he was pretty much helpless against C'baot in final confrontation.

It shows that he already more or less reached his Force potential, however, he still lacked experience of effectively utilizing this potential during combat.

If it was sabers only gauntlet, I would agree that he can reach 9 but in all out he might lose even at 1. in the C'boath fight wasnt the presence of lukes clone messing with his powers or something?

FreshestSlice
Yeah? Does it beat this (goto 6:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OTHjSG61SI

I seriously doubt it.

It does. It takes a lot more skill and speed to cut down TIE Fighters mid-flight.

The fact that Luke is his son doesn't change the fact that Vader has no reason to lie. He doesn't on any other occasion, why lie on this. And to my knowledge, Lucas never said Luke was unskilled or lower than TPM Kenobi.

What skill did TPM Kenobi show besides how to get kicked over and over again by Maul?

Luke's saber skills in RotJ are easily as skilled as TPM Kenobi, especially since he was actually able to catch Vader off guard on multiple occasions, even without rage.

What skill? You keep praising it, but I've seen nothing to show it. He was an annoyance throughout the entire duel with Maul, and he was ignored the majority of it.

Wut?

Obi-Wan went nerd rage and cut the saber in two, but as soon as Maul recomposed himself he was easily able to keep up with him. And Maul practically, as I've said many times, ignored Kenobi the entire duel. He was formulating ways to get rid of Qui-Gon, Kenobi wasn't even a factor in Maul's plans simply because of the huge gap in skill between them. Or are you trying to say that TPM Kenobi is even close to Maul in sabers? Because if AotC Kenobi can't even keep up with Dooku for a few seconds, it's very doubtful that a younger and less skilled version of him somehow could keep up with an opponent of similar, if a little lesser, skill.

NewGuy01
Luke was the one holding back in RotJ, unless you had forgotten. Vader was conflicted, but he was legitimately trying to win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.