Lord Boros vs Demon King Piccolo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based Kez
Who wins?

danteiscool
Hmm, if Boros can activate Meteoric Burst, then he can definitely take this fight.

Dramatic Gecko
From what I heard of this Boros character, some of his counterparts are on Saiyan Saga level. King Piccolo should be easy enough. Unless the Boros character is significantly weaker than his associates.

danteiscool
Without Meteoric Burst, I'd say Boros can take on anything from the beginning of DB to roughly around the end of DB and possibly early DBZ (i.e. Raditz), as long as his speed can keep up with theirs.

SSJGGogeta
Well... You have to think, DK Piccolo is strong... But Boros in MB form can destroy planetary surfaces. Not definitively a great feat, but definitely puts him at least at Piccolo jr level, who had a similar statement in the anime. Either way though, Boros has feats that shit on both of them, and can even regenerate to degrees much higher than Piccolo.

As much as I hate to say this, Boros and Saitama have topped a lot of low level DBZ feats, which is monstrously impressive, as well as disappointing to me. I mean, Saitama never gets any stronger, and Boros is dead. Either way, that leads up to OPM never getting CLOSE to Frieza tier or higher, let alone mid to high DBZ tiers like Cell and Buu.

Based Kez
I just hate it how Saitama is super serious and mega OP all the time. I was about to drop it after Saitama killed Sea King in 1 hit because the whole "Pfft, not even a challenge" thing was getting annoying.

Q99
Yea, I'm fairly sure Boros can handle him.

Originally posted by Based Kez
I just hate it how Saitama is super serious and mega OP all the time. I was about to drop it after Saitama killed Sea King in 1 hit because the whole "Pfft, not even a challenge" thing was getting annoying.

He's not always serious, but he will never *not* be overpowered! It's even in the title!

The translation's starting on a really fun chapter, btw.

SSJGGogeta

Eh, you kinda have to think though, the series isn't really meant to be a hardcore action manga like DBZ or Naruto or something. It's really more of a gag manga, imo.

Saitama? Serious? Those words barely fit in the same sentence, lol. Saitama's always joking and goofing off. He's also never been completely serious in a fight yet, from what we've seen.

I do kind of agree with you on the last part though. Saitama might be one punch man, but does he have to kill everyone so damn easily? You would think that he'd at least toy with them first, lol.

I would really like to see him continue training though, and maybe get even stronger. If that happened, who knows. One day, he might provide an actual challenge for Goku on these forums.

danteiscool
The manga is meant to serve as a gag shonen-esque manga that also deconstructs OP characters like Saitama. And to be fair, if no one can survive even one punch from him, would it really be worth his while to toy with them? He's strong enough as it is by the standards of his verse, so he's not going to train to get even stronger when he's already the best in his verse...

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by danteiscool
He's strong enough as it is by the standards of his verse, so he's not going to train to get even stronger when he's already the best in his verse...

I think that's where Frieza went wrong. Imagine if he actually trained like Goku.

Based Kez
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
I think that's where Frieza went wrong. Imagine if he actually trained like Goku.
It'd go against his character to train to be stronger than someone.
Frieza always has a superiority-complex and the "I am mightier than thou and cannot be beaten personality.
Since he used to be the strongest person in the universe who controlled the Planet-Trade Organization, he didn't think anyone else would surpass him because he believed Super Saiyans were a myth.

Q99
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

I do kind of agree with you on the last part though. Saitama might be one punch man, but does he have to kill everyone so damn easily? You would think that he'd at least toy with them first, lol.

The thing is, that's not fun *for him*. And, well, he is playing around- his normal punch is not his 'serious punch,' after all, it's normally still enough.

I will note that you do get fights with others- Genos, most commonly.

It's not like the Boros fight was quick either. Asura Rhino got some hits in. Etc..

And, to spoil a bit, there is eventually a villain that takes a *lot* longer than Boros.

danteiscool
Good point, though Boros' hits were doing more damage (of a sort) to Saitama than any of Asura Rhino's. And Saitama was too busy thinking about his Saturday sales special to even dodge or block whereas against Boros, the guy was landing hits on him as they both actually fought.

You're talking about Garou, right?

Dramatic Gecko
It'd go against his character to train to be stronger than someone.
Frieza always has a superiority-complex and the "I am mightier than thou and cannot be beaten personality.
Since he used to be the strongest person in the universe who controlled the Planet-Trade Organization, he didn't think anyone else would surpass him because he believed Super Saiyans were a myth.

See. Exactly my point. That's why Master Roshi entered the budokai Tenkaichi so that Goku would always try to get stronger. Now Imagine a Frieza with the same complex as Goku. Yeah, the shit would get real.

I should open a thread on this. "Super Powered Beings if they Trained like Goku." Or something shorter than that.

Yamcha
Everyone's all "Lord Boros!" an I'm over here like "Garou all the way ;D."

I really can't wait until the manga catches up O.O.

As for this fight yeah Boros takes it

SSJGGogeta
Hm, this Garou character sounds pretty interesting.

If he's able to push Saitama as much as you all say, then I wonder how strong he is in comparison to Boros...

I still doubt they even touch Ginyu level, let alone Frieza, but still interesting to see how strong these *new* series are progressing.

Kind of sad, honestly, to think there's no one strong enough to push him to become as strong as Goku.

Yamcha
To be fair why I like Garou is he's probably the deepest character we see in the series thus far, he actually has a reason for what he's doing. I'm interested how the manga will portray him cause while Boros was powerful in the initial webcomic, he got a boost in my opinion in the manga which means...even reading the webcomic the future of the manga is truly a mystery, like how big of a boost will Garou get? Who knows O.O.

I'm just stoked cause the webcomic started continuing again recently which means there has to be someone even stronger that's gonna eventually show up O.O...Lol I wish they would do an ode to DBZ and have like Boro's father show up or something and be like "WHO DEFEATED MY SON?!" cause that's my biggest gripe I guess..I really liked Boros I just wished he wouldn't have died no expression...so if a stronger alien shows up related to Boros that would be amazing and also provide for a significant power jump if the father was like some absurd number like 1,000,000x stronger in his base form than Boros was in his released form lol.

I guess you can swap Father with Brother but meeeeeeh lol, all the Multiverse lately just has me thinking it's such a cool idea that Cold would have been far stronger than his sons in his final form stick out tongue (I know I know, not canon but a fun thought none the less haha)

Based Kez
When I was reading those chapters, I thought It was funny how the Hero Association didn't even know who Boros and Genos was the only person who knew Saitama was fighting, lol.

Q99
Basically, Genos is your shonen protagonist type. Saitama is not.

Yep, Garou.

danteiscool
Hmm, considering how epic Boros, I'm looking forward to how Murata portrays Garou's power.

Based Kez
When I was reading those chapters, I thought It was funny how the Hero Association didn't even know who Boros and Genos was the only person who knew Saitama was fighting, lol.
My bad, I meant "Who Boros was and Genos was the only person who knew Saitama was fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.