Major lifestyle change

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Yesterday I was reading the paper and in it was an article about the dangers of alcohol, the terrible effects it has on your body and the accelerated aging effect it has.

I can truly say it scared the bejesus out of me and so I've come to a serious decision.........I'm never reading again.

GordonSkywalker
I have nothing to worry about as I don't drink. Nor have I ever drank alcholic beverages.

mechmoggy
Eeeeerm, I don't think you understand.

Twas a jest.

Tex
No worries here, I neither read nor drinkstick out tongue

yerssot
sitting and doing nothing?

Tex
The Belgian way

yerssot
you got that right stick out tongue

Tex
Lazy good for nothing Belgian Bumstick out tongue

yerssot
I have no problems with that, you go and work some stick out tongue

Tex
I'm on vacationstick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Actually it is you guys who fail to understand me. I am quite aware you were joking. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
hmm

yerssot
you're fired stick out tongue

Corran
The dangers of education. no

yerssot
better stop taking it yes

Corran
Yes you best had, you should point this out to your parents.

yerssot
they can't handle the truth

Corran
They want the truth

yerssot
the truth from their point of view of course

BackFire349
i dont drink. so no worries for me

GordonSkywalker
Ah at last another one! I was beginning to assume we were all but extinct. Drinking is bad for people who drive you know. Fortunately I am in no danger of drinking while I drive.

Ushgarak
I am in no danger of doing either.

GordonSkywalker
You don't drive Ush?

BackFire349
i just dont drink because i dont need to lower my IQ temporarilly to have a good time with my friends. plus it tastes down right awful.

Corran
That's not right BF, you should try some Red wines, they are really nice tasting, obviously some are not so nice, but it depends on your tastes. Also Brandy and Whiskey taste nice.

finti
I dont trust a guy that doesnt drink

Ushgarak
Could you lend me some moeny, Fint?

Nope, I don't dirve. I do in fact have a ruling from Roal Army Medical Corps HQ Colchester saying that I am unfit to drive. And also unfit to fire weapons unattended. It is the second one that is the bugger, obviously, because not being able to fire guns is enough to run anyone's life.

Corran
It's such a shame that the Gun amnesty has finished here too.

yerssot
who's up for some hunting?
*loads gun*

GordonSkywalker
laughing out loud

finti
as long as you are the prey Yersie I am up for the hunt part too

yerssot
*mental pic*
*shivers*

GordonSkywalker
Not to worry friend....come inside .....(opens TARDIS door for yerssot)...yes... I am...feeling much better...............

yerssot
no thank you

GordonSkywalker
As you wish.

yerssot
that will be all james

GordonSkywalker
I think I just experienced a sudden major lifestyle change..

yerssot
you'll become a butler?

GordonSkywalker
At least until the end of the season.

yerssot
who will you be working for?

GordonSkywalker
I believe the family name is...Paquin.

yerssot
pinguin?

GordonSkywalker
P-A-Q-U-I-N.

yerssot
*wonders how pinguin meat would taste like*

GordonSkywalker
Are you hungry or something? Have you ate lunch yet?(Looks around for the bologna)

yerssot
I'm always hungry
*starts eating waffles*

GordonSkywalker
Care for some bologna- they are my favorite snack.

yerssot
sure! gimmeeeeeeeeeh smile

GordonSkywalker
(Hands a pack of bologna to yerss)

yerssot
woohoo!
*munches bologna*

GordonSkywalker
While we are eating perhaps you could explain to me where all the girls are? There appears to be a a serious male/female ratio happening roght now.

yerssot
they hide in the mountains?

well, if I remember correctly ;...
you lara, julie, gundark, dim; ... who did I forget?

GordonSkywalker
Lara and Julie are both on vacation I believe. I am not as familiar with the roster as you my friend.

yerssot
julie yes, lara no (could have missed something)

GordonSkywalker
My mistake. It is hard keeping up with people here. Have some more bologna my friend..and something to drink.

yerssot
*suspicious*

GordonSkywalker
Haha you are suspicious of me? Nonsense! I am quite harmless you see! Perhaps we could go looking for girls now! A quest we shall call it!

yerssot
sure, tell me where and when

GordonSkywalker
I will as soon as I spot some coming our way. It is all in the timing you see. I learned this and other things from a master.

Fire
well I dont mind a beer or a good drink now and than
not too much too fast or anything like that
just a few drinks when I hit the town
I've never been too drunk to forget an evening
never been too drunk to do something I regretted later

*actualy I make better decisions after having had a drink or two*

mechmoggy
My game of pool and darts improves drastically after a few beers.

Finti says he can't trust blokes who don't drink, and I tend to agree with the theory. If one of my mates phones up, there's a special connection and apathy for what the other wants. I'm not saying that all we want is to get drunk, its just no matter what we do for fun, we'll be happy to stop for a beer, or ten if the mood takes us.

When a non-drinker calls me to go out, I have no idea what makes them tick. confused

GordonSkywalker
We have hearts and chemicals just as you do only we choose not to stuff our bellies with intoxicants.

mechmoggy
But if it gets a little boring I can't just say, "fancy a swift pint", at which point its fun for everyone again.

GordonSkywalker
No, however have you considered playing in garage bands? That is how me and my friends use to amuse ourselves...and play some rpg.(That's role playing in case you are uninitiated) That was before some of us took wives so things are different now.......

mechmoggy
I played RPG when I was kid, kinda grew out of them now though.

Don't know enough people who play instruments to start a band, but I know many people who enjoy a drink.

Ushgarak
Bah! What is all this mistrust of the non-drinkers? In just had a party at mt place over the weekend. I am perfectly happy for my friends to get as drunk as they li,e, just I do not myself.

GordonSkywalker
How enlightened of you Ush.

Member.
the road to enlightenment is a hard and grueling path, no matter what you think it's gonna be like.

GordonSkywalker
Another good analogy from my good friend Member!

Member.
oh i trybig grin

GordonSkywalker
Yes a well-educated self-proclaimed counselor is nothing to sneeze at. I salute you my friend.(Offers a cold non-alcholic beverage to friend)

Member.
(drinks it to the last drop) hope you didn't poison it...hm...ahhhhhhhhhhh

GordonSkywalker
I don't poison drinks. I happen to have been a bartender in a previous regeneration.

Corran
none drinkers are all witched, burn the witches, burn em all.

finti
indeed big grin

GordonSkywalker
Another witch hunt sponsored by your friends at Fun-R-Us.

Ushgarak
Well, I must say I am more hesitant to invite Corran to mine now... especially as he always brings kindling...

yerssot
partycrasheeeeeeeeeeer big grin

Corran
Burn Baby Burn, disco inferno. Burn, Baby burn

yerssot
disco!!!
*robotmoves* big grin

GordonSkywalker
Now you're talking!

finti
why are you going Saturday night fever on us

Corran
Just stayin Alive, that's all.

finti
or not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.