Resident Evil Revelations 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
I am probably more psyched for this right now than I am RE7. Revelations 1 was a great game that rediscovered what made RE so great. Also, I'm betting this is on old and new gen. That still is way to good looking for handheld.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/resident-evil-revelations-2-leaked

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/08/screenlg1.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/08/boxartlg.jpg

Impediment
Yesssssss!

Revelations was so much fun and creepy! I have the PS3 port and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Make this happen!

Ridley_Prime
Huh. Revelations may as well be its own series; one that represents what drew people into RE back in the day in the first place, while the "other"/current RE remains about co-op and causing or running from big explosions. Then fans can have the best of both worlds eh?

But I don't know what they're going for really if they're still in fact gonna go through with RE7 with they got this.

Kazenji
FCxYGF8R3EM

Arachnid1
Was hoping for gameplay, or story info. Still, cool trailer I guess. Rachael from Revelations 1 was at the 30 mark.

I'm hoping for Claire, Billy, or Rebecca to be the main characters this time around. Claire was part of Terra Save in Degeneration, so she is likely the main character.

Kazenji
Official Site

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rev2/

seems to show off the new setting.

Arachnid1
It also confirms PS4 and XB1.

A remote island sounds like a great horror setting to me. This game will be great

Zack Fair
facepalm

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair
facepalm

huh

Zack Fair
I just don't think it's going to be great. Then again I could just be hating on Capcom. But I haven't been blown away and felt a RE game was great since 4.

Revelations was ok tho.

Arachnid1
I just don't think it's going to be great. Then again I could just be hating on Capcom. But I haven't been blown away and felt a RE game was great since 4.

Revelations was ok tho. RE4 is GOAT

I don't think any new RE titles will be able to live up to it. Revelations was definitely close though. 2 has potential, since it wont be held back by handhelds. I expect it to be more horror oriented than more recent RE games with high production value (which it better have since its the first RE game on new gen).

Zack Fair
My fav. RE is 2 131

Nemesis X
The REmake that is on Gamecube and Wii won't be getting it's updated version on the Wii U and now the sequel to the Resident Evil that went from a timed 3DS exclusive to a multiplatform title included on the Wii U won't be on the Wii U either?

What did Nintendo do to piss Capcom off?

Arachnid1
My fav. RE is 2 131 Good choice. That was my favorite before 4 came out. Seeing Leon all grown up was just too much for me (though he was already somewhat grown in 2 lol).

Originally posted by Nemesis X
The REmake that is on Gamecube and Wii won't be getting it's updated version on the Wii U and now the sequel to the Resident Evil that went from a timed 3DS exclusive to a multiplatform title included on the Wii U won't be on the Wii U either?

What did Nintendo do to piss Capcom off? Wow, I didn't even think about that. Something definitely happened behind closed doors.

Its alright. Nintendo has Fatal Frame incoming as an exclusive. They're still winning.

Zack Fair
I guess lack of console sales.

Lek Kuen
Funny thing is they've done this before to Nintendo, only in the past they flat out just pulled their exclusives deals without giving them a chance to pay more or anything iirc

Nemesis X
I guess lack of console sales.

Not being bias when I say this but wouldn't the Xbox One not be getting it either then also?

Smasandian
The Xbox One has sold roughly 5.14 million consoles. That's 2 million less than the Wii U. Considering it's only been out for less than a year, that's pretty good sales.

People think the Xbox One is not doing well and compared to the PS4 then I guess it's not selling as well as that console. Buutttttt, I remember seeing that the console is selling more than the 360 in the same amount of time.

Nemesis X
Yeah it's been kinda hard keeping track on current sales figures. I just assumed they were somewhat tied for second place in the race.

Smasandian
Yeah, I also saw that the Xbox One is being released in another 20ish regions shortly so it might get better sales.

Bentley
The reasoning behind Xbone being bad in sales is that it competes much more in exclusive titles and licenses with the PS4 than the Nintendo console does. It could get better in some time or it could be so much worse. For the Wii U we already know it will fluctuate depending on it's big exclusives.

Zack Fair
No one really understands the success of the PS4. Not even Sony.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Bentley
The reasoning behind Xbone being bad in sales is that it competes much more in exclusive titles and licenses with the PS4 than the Nintendo console does. It could get better in some time or it could be so much worse. For the Wii U we already know it will fluctuate depending on it's big exclusives.

Why do people think the Xbox One is doing badly?

It's just not beating out the PS4 (and won't). It's shitty gaming journalism that thinks it is.

If the Xbox One is not doing well then there is no ****ing way the Wii U will ever survive.

Zack Fair
Yeah. It's just the way some people are nowadays. They blow everything way out of proportion. The Xbone is doing fine. Sure could do better, and it wants to beat the PS4, but it still selling pretty good.

Lek Kuen
Console wars logic. If you aren't number 1 you are a failure and should never try to sell anything again.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Console Wars are so retarded. You see people come up with so much stupid shit. Xbots keep saying PS4 has no games. Sonytards say the Xbone has no games. They both have few games, and it's understandable. But nope. No way they'd admit it.

Smasandian
Yeah,

I searched for it and found many articles suggesting that the Xbox One is doing badly because it hasn't beaten the PS4.....

I'm like, "as long as it makes money, I don't care".

As for the games, is their any exclusives for the PS4 for this fall? I can't think of any.

Arachnid1
Ouya Master Race

Me mad, peasants.

Nemesis X
Claire Redfield confirmed along with Barry Burton's daughter!

P3ALwKeSEYs

Zack Fair
Yeah. It's just the way some people are nowadays. They blow everything way out of proportion. The Xbone is doing fine. Sure could do better, and it wants to beat the PS4, but it still selling pretty good. Yeah nothing big this fall. 2015 is looking dope though.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Claire Redfield confirmed along with Barry Burton's daughter! YES!

Strange pairing though. Claire and Leon never had anything to do with Barry. I also don't know how I feel about Barry's girl bring a healing type and Claire being the tank. I feel like it should be the other way around, as badass as Claire is. You'd think Barry would teach his girl how to defend herself after what he went through.

Also, loled at 'Moira' Burton. Of course Barry named his daughter Moira. That seems like it fits him perfectly lol. I hope her story gives us some closure on Barry and how he's doing. I also hope Capcom doesn't make it turn out he's been dead for a while and his daughter joined Claires organization as her revenge against infected. Hopefully Barry is living a normal life somewhere.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/arcadesushi.com/files/2014/09/resident-evil-revelations-4-630x506.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/arcadesushi.com/files/2014/09/resident-evil-revelations-7-630x436.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/arcadesushi.com/files/2014/09/resident-evil-revelations-3-630x424.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/arcadesushi.com/files/2014/09/resident-evil-revelations-1-630x450.jpg

Also, the "Afflicted"? Another new zombie type? They look pretty intense in the photo. We'll see.

I guess I'll have to keep holding off and hoping for Rebecca and Billy. Those two have missed a ton of action these past couple of years. sad

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Strange pairing though. Claire and Leon never had anything to do with Barry.

It's possible Barry contacted TerraSave, the organization Claire works for, to move his family after Wesker held them hostage.

Zack Fair
RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS 2 WILL BE AN EPISODIC EXPERIENCE
Disc version released after final instalment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/10/resident-evil-revelations-2-will-be-an-episodic-experience?+main+twitter

Smasandian
Lame.

Impediment
Double lame.

I'll just wait for the disc release.

Nemesis X
This news displeases me.

Arachnid1
Stupid. I hope this doesn't become an actual thing.

Smasandian
I like that Telltale Games does episodes because I feel it's a perfect way of doing it considering the type of story/decisions and gameplay they offer. I still wait until the entire season is done before I buy because I rather play it all instead of waiting for each release but I do find that the episodes make for some entertaining story filled with cliffhangers and such.

However, a Resident Evil game does not seem like the ideal game to put into an episode like situation. Just look at the failure of Half Life Episode 1 and 2 and how it didn't work.

Kazenji
The first Revelations had a episodic feel to it but at least that one it was released all in one go.

Zack Fair
I agree with everyone. I just wonder what Capcom thinks sometimes. They just see what makes money and apply it. Screw the fans.

Most fans I know have been wanting RE to drop the episode/chapter layout for some time now. What does Capcom do? Make it even worse.

And IMHO its a double edged sword. If the first episode is crap, less people will buy the next one and even less people will buy the retail disc. At least with a full retail release they will get the money from the first buyers and not have to worry much about word of mouth.

I don't get it. I mean besides just trying to copy Walking Dead.

I don't think it will pay off.

Spearhead
So apparently the plan is that, when this is finally released, it's a week between each episode. Which begs the question -- what's the point? I'd say it's a money grab, but they're only charging 6 bucks per episode, which then makes me concerned about the length of each.

It's impressive how Capcom manages to make people concerned about this series in new ways each installment. They better not mess this up; people's good will toward RE can only last so long after the recent misfires.

Tzeentch
I hope the game's shit, despite my predilection for Claire.

I want the game to tank massively so that Capcom's demise can be quickened and a superior company can buy all their IP.

FinalAnswer
Like Square Enix

Tzeentch
or ea

Nemesis X
Or Bethesda since it owns one of the companies that has the creator of Resident Evil amongst it's staff.

Kazenji
hUlMdzAb5TY

Tzeentch
Looks awful.

Didn't even realize it was Berry, initially.

Kazenji
I knew it was Barry straight away, Even has that slight Resident Evil 1 dodgy voice acting.

Impediment
Personally, I can't wait for this game since I loved the first Revelations game.

However, I absolutely refuse to buy individual episodes via PSN, so I'll wait for a disc release.

Smasandian
I hated the first game. I thought it was garbage. It would of been fine on the 3DS but the HD updated one was not good.

Not interested in this.

Impediment
What didn't you like about it? Also, you do realize that the first game is, in fact, a DS port?

Smasandian
Yeah, my previous comment mentioned that.

I thought it was boring. I didn't like the padding from backtracking. I didn't like the setting, plot or characters. The enemy types were decent but the devs constantly shoved them down your throat. They pacing of the game is off too. There was no tension, atmosphere or anything resembling scares. How I could be freaked out about a enemy type when I have already seen it 300 times. Oh look! The thing is falling through the vent again....yeah! Just another attempt from Capcom to create another RE4.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
I knew it was Barry straight away, Even has that slight Resident Evil 1 dodgy voice acting.
He looked a little different though, but not enough that he wasn't unrecognizable, but yeah.

Originally posted by Impediment
Personally, I can't wait for this game since I loved the first Revelations game.

However, I absolutely refuse to buy individual episodes via PSN, so I'll wait for a disc release.
Same here.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, my previous comment mentioned that.

I thought it was boring. I didn't like the padding from backtracking. I didn't like the setting, plot or characters. The enemy types were decent but the devs constantly shoved them down your throat. They pacing of the game is off too. There was no tension, atmosphere or anything resembling scares. How I could be freaked out about a enemy type when I have already seen it 300 times. Oh look! The thing is falling through the vent again....yeah! Just another attempt from Capcom to create another RE4.
Didn't have a problem with the backtracking, and don't a lot of RE games have a same enemy type throughout the game, generally? The coming out of vents thing I can agree was redundant though, yeah, but Rachel made it more effectively creepy than the regular oozies did, at least. Not sure how you can say there was no tension, atmosphere, etc. resembling scares. What about the other ship you get on right before you fight Norman, and parts like that?

Will say I didn't like how the hunters were mostly action oriented enemies rather than horror, but they were mostly just in Parker's flashback chapters, so meh. Still, not nearly as much action/Michael Bay moments on the whole as the last mainstream RE titles, so a step in the right direction if you ask me. Wasn't a fan of the dodging mechanic though, or at least how it transitioned to the console versions. Might've been easier to pull off when an enemy's attacking in the original 3DS version, I dunno, but feel it could've been done better.

Smasandian
There was a couple of good spots but the game just annoyed me.

Ridley_Prime
Fair enough, though at the very least I think it deserves credit for not being another QTE fest like the last games.

Kazenji
DIHHsFl8oCQ

-Pr-
Holy shit, Capcom dun ****ed up. Again.

And the sad part is, it's not even that horrific a game from what I've played so far.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Holy shit, Capcom dun ****ed up. Again.

And the sad part is, it's not even that horrific a game from what I've played so far.
Haven't gotten or touched any episodes of this game still, but based on your reaction I'm guessing they made it too action-y with Claire or something? In which case, thanks for letting me know then. May not bother with this after all, and the first Revelations gave me more hope that they'd improve again. thumb down

Impediment
I enjoyed the first game and I want to play this, but I refuse to pay for episodes as opposed to a single optical disc. I can wait.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Haven't gotten or touched any episodes of this game still, but based on your reaction I'm guessing they made it too action-y with Claire or something? In which case, thanks for letting me know then. May not bother with this after all, and the first Revelations gave me more hope that they'd improve again. thumb down

It's more action-y than the first one, definitely. Not as bad as RE6 mind you, but not far off either.

My main gripe was that Capcom, for some reason, don't allow local co-op on pc. Yet modders are already adding it back in. WTF Capcom.

Impediment
Just bought this today. I'm excited to play it all the way through as opposed to episodes.

I'll post comments later this evening.

S_W_LeGenD

Revelations was ok tho.
Try RE HD Remaster. The real RE experience.

Impediment
Not a bad game at all. so far. I'm only on the second episode and the game is already coming together quite nicely.

Impediment
Not a bad game at all, I must again admit.

The ending was kinda lame (I received the good ending), but the over all experience was very good. This felt like an even better game than the first Revelations.

A few questions, though:

Why does Alex want Natalia? Where is the back story of this explained in the game? What makes Natalia the perfect specimen for Alex's experiments? And if Barry's scenes are six months after Claire's, then when did Alex become a mutant monster after shooting herself in the head?How did Natalia even escape that chamber?

Arachnid1
I finally got around to playing this. So far, so good. I beat the first episode, and boy is it good to see Claire and Barry back. Hate Barry's girl though. The way Moira constantly talks chit on Barry and calls him by his first name is on my last nerve.

Also, dat cliffhanger. Not even mad.

Arachnid1
I just beat episode 2.

I've been waiting for Alex Wesker to show up for a loooooong time. Its a well known fact by now that there were two surviving Wesker children from the experiment that created Albert. Alex has been off the grid this entire time. I've got to say, I didn't expect Alex to end up being a girl. Hopefully she'll be a proper villain.

Also hoping she survives the game. Albert was the last great villain we had. Alex better measure up.

Lastly, my god that drill boss on Barry's section. I was out of ammo and had to spend 10 minutes sprinting around in circles timing my knife attacks to kill him. I felt like I just beaten a Bloodborne/DS boss when I finished with this guy. Both bosses gave me a fair amount of trouble (survivor difficulty for my first playthrough).

This was a massive improvement from episode 1. Went from alright, to pretty good. Hopefully episode 3 is just as big of an improvement.

Arachnid1
Done with episode 3. Yet another improvement from episode 3.

Glad Neil died quick enough. I was getting tired of Claires crush on the dude. Leon is aallllll you need babe. wink

Great boss battle with him too. Hardest boss in the game yet. I died a good 8 times before I finally beat him. All the bosses in this game have been pretty impressive. I was glad I was able to avoid fighting Barry's boss a second time. I blew all my ammo on him the first time. When he popped back up again, I just lugged the battery all the way over to the switch, pulled it, and GTFO of there. Its cool this game gives you the option to just ditch bosses sometimes. Even if they end up returning as reoccurring bosses since they originally survived.

I also liked how there was no overlap between the campaigns this time outside of one small section. I was getting tired of running through familiar spaces a second time with different characters.

I like how Alex Weskers speech patterns match Alberts. Its always a good laugh when I imagine him saying her lines. Its a perfect fit. Still, I'm disappointed so far with her as a villain. She's already in full out mutant mode, so you know she's not gonna survive the game. Her plan to be reborn through Uroburos is somehow even worse than Alberts plan for Global Saturation. I expected more from a Wesker. So far, Alberts the only one worth a damn. Don't like his sister, and Jake can phuck right off back to whatever obscure corner of the world he spent the past RE games. She better blow me away in the last episode.

Lastly, this episode hit it in the feels a few times. The first was meeting the old man who used to be a resident of the island before Wesker came and wiped out everyone except he and his daughter. I was glad the dude was managing to survive by himself in the sewers. Unfortunately, when you play Barry's campaign which takes place six months later, you find the old mans body in the room where you left him and a letter talking about how he was sure he'd find and save his girl someday. Following this, you find a letter from his daughter who is becoming a mutant/monster herself praying her dad would come save her. That was too sad.

Also felt for Barry when he listened to the recording of Moira as she died apologizing for how she she was a bad daughter. I always kind of hoped Barry was living a happy life after RE1. I guess he was until now, but damn poor guy deserved better than this. Can't wait to see how Moira dies in the last episode.

Hopefully we get to meet Polly someday as a character.

I have high hopes for the last episode. Each one has been a great improvement over the prior. Hopefully it keeps up the trend.

Arachnid1
Disappointed in the end.

Claire and Moira's little intro section was short and pointless. It killed off Moira at the end, and gave us the first step in Weskers transformation, but it was weak. No boss boss or anything. Just a short little intro for their last co-op section. The evil base set up was completely wasted. This showed me that Barry was actually the main character of the game. The story revolved around him. Claire and Moira's entire story was just set up for the meat (Barry). I'm actually alright with this. Barry's been gone for a while. He deserved a game dedicated to him, so I actually liked this entire last chapter being his perspective. Still, it was weirdly executed.

What I didn't like was all the unnecessary fan service. The majority of this episode took place in Weskers 'mansion'. Honestly, Spencer had a mansion. Wesker had a mansion. How many throw backs to this are we gonna get? I mean it's a cool setting and all, but be more creative. The cruise liner in Revelations 1 was a unique and new setting. This game just checked off the typical (mansion, sewers, jail, mining camp, etc...).

The absolute worst part of this is how they wasted Alex Wesker. This was the last surviving child of Spencer's Project W. She should have rocked the foundations of the planet. Instead, she fails her big plan completely, mutates into a final boss and gets blown away by an RPG from a helicopter? How many times have we seen this ending? Albert got the exact same BS treatment. I get that its classic RE, but not every game needs to end like this. It's getting a little old. I will say though, that I loved the final bosses design. It was actually kind of creepy. She kind of reminded me of the God boss at the end of Silent Hill 3. Not bad.

Also, why did Wesker scream when she looked into Natalias eyes at the end of episode 3? They just left that hanging.

It was also stupid how Moira showed up out of nowhere. How many tons of debris dropped on her? How did she survive the self-destructing base? Her legs should have been pancake and she should have been a charred corpse. The premise of her being dead from the beginning was interesting, and they actually delivered a death that effected me! But instead somehow she pushed the debris off, patched up her legs, and survived on the island alone for six months? Wtf? Why? This with the overboard, corny, feel good ending was retarded. This completely killed what little impact the story had before now.

EDIT: Ok, I just saw the after credits scene. Weskers plan actually worked and she transferred her mind into Natalia's body. I guess us killing her with the RPG was what she needed for the transfer to complete. Was Natalia actually partially inside Wesker or something? Is that why Wesker screamed when she looked in Natalia's eyes episode 3? Maybe she saw that the transformation was nearly complete. Either way, at least that means we'll get more Wesker someday. She'll need to do a better job proving herself as a villain in her next outing.

I liked the game, if for no other reason than bringing Claire and Barry back into the fray. I don't know if I'd call this better than Revelations 1 though. Thats a stretch. This game went too far action mode at the end. Still, great content for the amount of money you buy it for. It's easily worth more than $25 so I cant complain. Just (I'm getting tired of asking this) focus on the horror next time. Enough with the action.

Also, please bring back Billy and Rebecca.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Try RE HD Remaster. The real RE experience. I know this is old but thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.