RoT Bane vs Reborn Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Neutral setting

as always,
sabers, force, all-out

Who wins?

Trocity
I'm surprised the first vote was in Krayt's favor, he doesn't seem to get all that much respect. Having said that, I give Bane the edge stick out tongue

carthage
Krayt kicks the everloving shit out of Bane

Nephthys
It depends on how the orbalisks would react to Dark Transfer. Bane is reckless enough that that Krayt likely could get a hand on him. If the orbalisks protect him from that, he wins. Otherwise Krayt might take the surprise win.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
It depends on how the orbalisks would react to Dark Transfer. Bane is reckless enough that that Krayt likely could get a hand on him. If the orbalisks protect him from that, he wins. Otherwise Krayt might take the surprise win.
Well if Krayt tries to place a hand on Bane, even though Bane doesn't focus on defending much of his body, he would still probably cut it off as an offensive maneuver.

Nephthys
Yeah, that's a good point I guess. Though idk, I can see Krayt lasting a while at least. Think a Dooku vs Yoda type thing. So maybe he could do it.

Nalaniel
Bane has an edge.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Well if Krayt tries to place a hand on Bane, even though Bane doesn't focus on defending much of his body, he would still probably cut it off as an offensive maneuver.

It's not like he'd just put a hand on randomly. He'd do it when Bane's saber is occupied or such- Darth Krayt is a very good duelist.

Also, once the dark transfering starts, Bane's dying really fast, there's not much opportunity *to* cut.

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity
I'm surprised the first vote was in Krayt's favor, he doesn't seem to get all that much respect. Having said that, I give Bane the edge stick out tongue

I think he's been getting more respect recently, and people are more aware of/have been using his Reborn form more.

This isn't Orbalisk Bane, so IMO Krayt does have a good edge. He's got tons of force knowledge, good lightning defense, very impressive duelist, more experienced...

Orby vs Reborn would be a better matchup.

Trocity
Originally posted by Q99
I think he's been getting more respect recently, and people are more aware of/have been using his Reborn form more.

This isn't Orbalisk Bane, so IMO Krayt does have a good edge. He's got tons of force knowledge, good lightning defense, very impressive duelist, more experienced...

I agree with everything you said about Krayt. However, this is Orbalisk Bane I thought, and so that is why I gave him the edge.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99

This is orbalisk Bane...

Plus I don't consider the gap between the two to be large.

FreshestSlice
He's more powerful and more protected. Sure he's slower, but the orbalisks alone give Bane the edge here.

Stigma
Originally posted by Nephthys
Though idk, I can see Krayt lasting a while at least. Think a Dooku vs Yoda type thing.

The power gap between Bane and Krayt doesn't seem to be that big.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's more powerful and more protected. Sure he's slower, but the orbalisks alone give Bane the edge here.
Orbalisks is a big asset but can also get Bane killed pretty quickly here.If Bane's slower, all the easier for Krayt to grab him and dark transfer FTW.

carthage
Originally posted by Q99

ROT is Orbalisk Bane. DOE Bane is fodder to Krayt.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Stigma

Orbalisks is a big asset but can also get Bane killed pretty quickly here.If Bane's slower, all the easier for Krayt to grab him and dark transfer FTW.
He's not that much slower and is considerably more powerful.

Stigma
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
He's not that much slower and is considerably more powerful.
Perhaps, but what's interesting is that Bane's biggest advantage, Orbalisk, can easily be his undoing here.

I rank them in the same tier power-wise, with Bane having more powerful FL and Krayt having devastating "fatality" move aka Dark Transfer.

Saber-wise I'm not sure who is better, but if Krayt is even marginally faster as you say, I give him a win in sabers. Besides, Krayt has more experience and feasibly should have more skill too.

NewGuy01
Bane is the faster, stronger, and more powerful force here. However, Krayt's special ability is one of the few things that could change the game completely here.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
ROT is Orbalisk Bane. DOE Bane is fodder to Krayt.

Oops. Then yea, this is a good fight, I think both have a good chance.

AncientPower
Krayt lightning fries his orbalisks and he dies? Krayt's lightning was damn powerful, dusting stone blocks and killing multiple Rakghouls in one burst.

Nephthys
Bane's lightning could disintegrate people casually. It's more likely that he'd fry Krayt.

AncientPower
I think you over-do that feat quite a bit, it wasn't casual by any means.

Krayt however killed multiple large Rakghouls in one burst.

Not to mention disintegrates stone.

Krayt hitting Bane with Lightning is a GG.

carthage
Banes lightning even amped has only killed fodder. Krayt can absorb it with his saber or tutamenis.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
I think you over-do that feat quite a bit, it wasn't casual by any means.

Krayt however killed multiple large Rakghouls in one burst.

Not to mention disintegrates stone.

Krayt hitting Bane with Lightning is a GG.

He did it one-handedly at a moving target while he wa moving as well. I doubt it was his best effort. And that was just after PoD. He has 10 more years of growth in the book.

Who cares about killing multiple rakghouls? That doesn't compare to Bane's feats.

Krayt never disintegrates stone, he just breaks it.

He won't hit him with it though.

Unbowed
For the record, Krayt has endured Abeloth's lightning. Desperate, full powered Abeloth.

Nephthys
Wasn't she splitting her power over multiple bodies which were getting killed at the time?

Stigma
She is twelve times the power of Luke Skywalker. Even if was 12 bodies, the power of one would equal one Luke stick out tongue

Also, great feat for Krayt. Now I don't think Bane can do him much harm with his FL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.