Odin vs Superman/Gladiator (CIS off)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
For this fight Superman's and Gladiator's speed is increased times 10.

Let the fun begin!

zoolander

Bentley
So Flash vs Odin?

Been done before.

Estacado
Flash doesnt have heat vision or ice breath or a mohawk.
So it's totally different.
Also Flash doesnt have planet shattering punches.
Get your facts straight.uhuh

celeyhyga17
Thanos wins.

burrrrrr
laughing

Estacado
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thanos wins.
Stop with the lies.uhuh

quanchi112
The Superman fans who claimed nanosecond reaction feats matter will ignore this like the plague exposing they use double standards depending on the characters involved.

Estacado
Superman without CIS can throw 10000 planet destroying punches in this fight his speed is increased 10 times meaning he will throw 100.000 planet destroying punches/second.
How could Odin withstand that?biscuits

One_Angry_Scot
Gladiator and Superman use their superspeed to eventually regress time so far back that they arrive in the days that Ymir and Audmilla roamed the Earth and they arrive just at the point that Buri is emerging from the ice. As they spot this they throw 100,000 planet busting punches in less than a second into a half formed Buri and finish him off with heat vision. Leaving the original Asgardian nought but water in the present timeline they return to Odin and every Asgardian have disappeared. That's the stupidest idea I could think of.

Insane Titan
Odin loses via speed blitz and 10,000 planet busting punches to the face

Inhuman
Odin will be a statue

speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other powers or feats

Estacado
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Odin loses via speed blitz and 10,000 planet busting punches to the face
Pay attention!
Their speed is multiplied by 10 meaning it's a 100.000 instead of 10.000.uhuh
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Gladiator and Superman use their superspeed to eventually regress time so far back that they arrive in the days that Ymir and Audmilla roamed the Earth and they arrive just at the point that Buri is emerging from the ice. As they spot this they throw 100,000 planet busting punches in less than a second into a half formed Buri and finish him off with heat vision. Leaving the original Asgardian nought but water in the present timeline they return to Odin and every Asgardian have disappeared. That's the stupidest idea I could think of.
thumb up
You could easily be one of the best Superman fans.

carver9
With this thread i realized I made a spite thread...Thanos stomps.

One-Punch
The team can move 5 feet before Odin can move 1 inch. Derp. Spite stomp against Odin.

Star428
Originally posted by Estacado

He's also not invulnerable and he can't fly. Lots of differences between Flash and Superman/Gladiator.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Obviously the team spite stomps odin.. I mean CLEARLY

LordofBrooklyn
Stop with the lies.uhuh

STOP STEALING MY CATCHPHRASE!

mad

Delta1938

Team loses because of the mohawk shame. That's why Gladiator has such a shitty record, that stupid haircut.

carver9
Gladiator record really isn't that bad.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator record really isn't that bad.

What's his record against A-List(in regards to visibility/popularity) Top-Tiers?

Estacado
Where are them Superman fanboys now?ermm
All Im hearing is crickets....
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar76311_206.gif

Insane Titan
Where are them Superman fanboys now?ermm
All Im hearing is crickets....
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar76311_206.gif they know the team stomp and don't want to bombard this thread with calculations of speed and punches.

DarkSaint85
Does Odin have CIS on?

Estacado
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does Odin have CIS on?
Does it matter?
Team is amazingly fast now.uhuh

DarkSaint85
YES IT DOES!

Does Odin shield himself with his arms, or, if CIS is on, does he curl up into a ball under 10 thousand Earth weight hits?

Not that it matters. He'll be a statue.

Estacado
Yes ,Odin is a statue.

Superman can punches 10.000 times under normal speed this time he can punch 100.000 times.
That's very awesome dont you think?

Could you rate the awesomeness of him ?

Diesldude
Superman wins. There is no need for Superspeed when the dial goes to 11 in DC.

Bentley
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman wins. There is no need for Superspeed when the dial goes to 11 in DC.

Sound reasoning thumb up

DARTH POWER
For this fight Superman's and Gladiator's speed is increased times 10.

Let the fun begin!

zoolander

First Thanos, now Odin..

I can see this all leading to Galactus vs Superman/Gladiator (CIS off) thread.

Estacado
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
First Thanos, now Odin..

I can see this all leading to Galactus vs Superman/Gladiator (CIS off) thread.
Never seen Living Tribunal reacting to this kind of speed or taking 10.000 planet busting punches to the face.biscuits

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
What's his record against A-List(in regards to visibility/popularity) Top-Tiers?

What A list person has he fought? Then I can answer that for you.

DarkSaint85

Hulk.

Inhuman
Never seen Living Tribunal reacting to this kind of speed or taking 10.000 planet busting punches to the face.biscuits

LT doesn't have any speed feats. I don't see how he can win even 1/10.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Inhuman
LT doesn't have any speed feats. I don't see how he can win even 1/10.

LT can do anything, he thinks, it happens.

Estacado
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Still these 2 are faster.
LT is like a statue to them.
Superman is extremly powerful and Gladiator has a mohawk.

DARTH POWER

Ah but can LT even think before Supes and Glads Blitz him with a million punches each? stick out tongue

burrrrrr

Superman is faster than thought, though.

carver9
Hulk.

Hulk was amped. Pulling power from an entire dimension. Who else?

DarkSaint85
Hulk was amped. Pulling power from an entire dimension. Who else?

I knew there was context to that fight.....next time, I guess...other flying bricks with superspeed/HV will be able to beat an unamped Hulk, amirite?

carver9
I knew there was context to that fight.....next time, I guess...other flying bricks with superspeed/HV will be able to beat an unamped Hulk, amirite?

Not beat but give a better fight. By the way, Hulk has grown in power since then (stop trying to change this into a Hulk debate mad ).

DarkSaint85
So if they met now, seeing as Hulk is THE premier strong guy in Marvel (IMHO), and seeing as Hulk is THE A list top tier at the moment, how would Glads fare?

carver9
So if they met now, seeing as Hulk is THE premier strong guy in Marvel (IMHO), and seeing as Hulk is THE A list top tier at the moment, how would Glads fare?

Not answering this. Ask me about another top tier vs Glads. Writer's are dumb. Hickman said Hulk is the most powerful member on the Avengers and we all know that is a lie when we have people like Starbrand on the team and Captain Universe.

quanchi112
Superman fans are scared to death thus exposing them once again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The team.. and EASILY.. Speed kills afterall

Delta1938

You say Gladiator's record isn't that bad like you know better than me, and then you need ME to tell you who he's fought so you can answer my question?

Estacado
Carter doesnt read comics.He debates through powersets.

Delta1938
Carter doesnt read comics.He debates through powersets.

On Xbox LIVE he said he's been reading comics since the day he was born. I pointed-out he couldn't read then. He said, "I just looked at the pretty pictures." I replied, "And nothing has changed."

Estacado
haermm

Diesldude
On Xbox LIVE he said he's been reading comics since the day he was born. I pointed-out he couldn't read then. He said, "I just looked at the pretty pictures." I replied, "And nothing has changed."

laughing out loud

Delta1938
haermm

Originally posted by Diesldude
laughing out loud

Regardless of the mutual hatred between the House Of El and the rest of the board, it's wonderful that we can put aside our differences to get together and laugh at carter.

carver9
You say Gladiator's record isn't that bad like you know better than me, and then you need ME to tell you who he's fought so you can answer my question?

So you have nothing i guess?

Delta1938
So you have nothing i guess?

You said Gladiator's record isn't that bad. I asked who he's beaten that was A-Level. Then you want me to tell you who he's fought. Then I point-out the problem with that, and you say "You have nothing I guess?" like you won something.

carver9
You said Gladiator's record isn't that bad. I asked who he's beaten that was A-Level. Then you want me to tell you who he's fought. Then I point-out the problem with that, and you say "You have nothing I guess?" like you won something.

Well, I guess you can't back up that claim. Moving on to the movie forum I guess.

Holla

Delta1938
Well, I guess you can't back up that claim. Moving on to the movie forum I guess.

Holla

What claim did I make after you said Gladiator's record isn't that bad? I don't recall making any claim. Impossible to back a non-existent claim.

carver9
Back to what I said before...Gladiator record really isn't that bad.

Delta1938
Back to what I said before...Gladiator record really isn't that bad.

And I asked you a question, and then you wanted me to answer my own question for you, I point-out how dumb that is, and you say I have nothing and didn't back my claim.

carver9
And I asked you a question, and then you wanted me to answer my own question for you, I point-out how dumb that is, and you say I have nothing and didn't back my claim.

But you should know the answer to your own question, shouldn't you?

Delta1938
But you should know the answer to your own question, shouldn't you?

If it was rhetorical, yes. But it was not.

Rao Kal El
I am curious now to see what is Glads record, does any one knows it?

carver9
If it was rhetorical, yes. But it was not.

Ok, lets put it like this (think I probably worded it wrong). Let me use an example. Let's say if someone said "Superman record isn't as bad as you all are trying to make it".

I feel comfortable in my head to know if that is a true statement to the point of not answering a question. I honestly believe I've seen almost every fight Superman has been in in DCU to know if that statement is true or not and if I don't believe in what that guy/girl said, I would counter his argument instead of asking a question (lol). I still love you though Dark.

carver9
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I am curious now to see what is Glads record, does any one knows it?

Sigh*

Rao Kal El
Sigh*

If you don't know it you don't have to answer.

All I know is that he barely defeated Colossus who is not a top tier
He was defeated by the FF (Weakness exploitation)
He was defeated by Hulk (with context involved)
He was defeated by Masterson Thor
He defeated Wonder Man
He was defeated by cannonball (He lost confidence)
IIRC He was chumped by Gambit

I mean does he has someone worth mentioning under his belt?

Delta1938
Ok, lets put it like this (think I probably worded it wrong). Let me use an example. Let's say if someone said "Superman record isn't as bad as you all are trying to make it".

I feel comfortable in my head to know if that is a true statement to the point of not answering a question. I honestly believe I've seen almost every fight Superman has been in in DCU to know if that statement is true or not and if I don't believe in what that guy/girl said, I would counter his argument instead of asking a question (lol). I still love you though Dark.

Let me tell you how I see it. Gladiator was made to lose. Being a Superman/Mon-El rip-off in Marvel who doesn't have his own series, I can't see him winning against any big AND powerful characters. Sure, he can give a good fight, but against any Top-Tier, that, from a SALES perspective actually matters, he'll probably lose.

Characters of lower visibility and relevance certainly aren't going to fall under this.

Now, I very well could be wrong. So, how about you tell us Gladiator's record, and we'll go from there to see how my theory matches up with his history? You don't even need scans, issue references will work.

carver9
Gladiator has fought...

An amped Hulk and lost.

Wonderman and almost took his head off with a single punch.

Masterson and was beating the breaks off of him until he decided to stand over Masterson laughing which resulted in Masterson stunning him with living lightning and ko'ing him.

Nova...toyed with him as well until Nova absorbed a good amount of heat vision from Glads which resulted in him throwing out an OMNI blast which hurt Glads but koed Nova.

A Phoenix empowered Rachel and stalemated her.

Nova Prime (not Richie though) and took him out with one punch.

Thing...took him out with one punch.

Invisible Woman empowered by the Uni Power. Stalemate.

He toyed around with Cannonball and decided to end it with a punch that was going to send him to the heart of a sun and Cannonball absorbed the punch and hit him with it. Glads was ok and told Sam that he wasn't there to fight him. Stalemate.

A Phoenix...Gladiator punched his head off.

An Elder that was absorbing the powers of a billion beings broke Glads arm and bfred him.

The Nova Corps...split one guy in half and killed others.

Vulcan...koed him with a single punch.

The Fantastic Four beat him by making him lose confidence.

Hyperion...defeated him by breaking his neck.

Every telepath he fought though usually takes him out.

Gambit used a deck of cards and bfred him.

One shot koed Binary.

Lost to the Phoenix Five

Defeated Quasar.

Lost to Black Bolt who whispered in his ear.

Beat Colossus

Fought Rom but the fight didn't end.

Fought against an army of Super power Skrull and stomped them.

Cloak stabbed through a fatigued Gladiator and Rachel assisted him. Wouldn't really call that a fight.

While weakened he temporarily matched Tyrant energy blast but eventually lost.

Fought the Xmen and walked in the building with a busted up Wolverine and beast.

Fought a Phoenix and Rachel who was empowered by the Phoenix Force and koed the Phoenix and Blitzed Rachel and koed her with a punch as well.

There you go. His solo fights.

carver9
Let me tell you how I see it. Gladiator was made to lose. Being a Superman/Mon-El rip-off in Marvel who doesn't have his own series, I can't see him winning against any big AND powerful characters. Sure, he can give a good fight, but against any Top-Tier, that, from a SALES perspective actually matters, he'll probably lose.

Characters of lower visibility and relevance certainly aren't going to fall under this.

Now, I very well could be wrong. So, how about you tell us Gladiator's record, and we'll go from there to see how my theory matches up with his history? You don't even need scans, issue references will work.

Ok

carver9
If you don't know it you don't have to answer.

All I know is that he barely defeated Colossus who is not a top tier
He was defeated by the FF (Weakness exploitation)
He was defeated by Hulk (with context involved)
He was defeated by Masterson Thor
He defeated Wonder Man
He was defeated by cannonball (He lost confidence)
IIRC He was chumped by Gambit

I mean does he has someone worth mentioning under his belt?

Barely defeated Colossus? laughing out loud

Masterson fight had context.

He wasn't defeated by Cannoball. Look at the fight. He didn't lose confidence either.

Rao Kal El
Gladiator has fought...

An amped Hulk and lost.

Masterson and was beating the breaks off of him until he decided to stand over Masterson laughing which resulted in Masterson stunning him with living lightning and ko'ing him.

Nova...toyed with him as well until Nova absorbed a good amount of heat vision from Glads which resulted in him throwing out an OMNI blast which hurt Glads but koed Nova.

He toyed around with Cannonball and decided to end it with a punch that was going to send him to the heart of a sun and Cannonball absorbed the punch and hit him with it. Glads was ok and told Sam that he wasn't there to fight him. Stalemate.

An Elder that was absorbing the powers of a billion beings broke Glads arm and bfred him.

One shot koed Binary.

Lost to the Phoenix Five

Defeated Quasar.

Beat Colossus

Cloak stabbed through a fatigued Gladiator and Rachel assisted him. Wouldn't really call that a fight.

Fought the Xmen and walked in the building with a busted up Wolverine and beast.

Fought a Phoenix and Rachel who was empowered by the Phoenix Force and koed the Phoenix and Blitzed Rachel and koed her with a punch as well.

You see? How hard was that to answer. Now lets see the llist

Thanks BTW...

Honestly seems a little bit mediocre. He has flares of grandeur here and there though IMO.

Delta1938
Gladiator has fought...

An amped Hulk and lost.

One shot koed Binary.

Lost to the Phoenix Five

Defeated Quasar.

Beat Colossus

Your take on his fights(at least that you're aware of) does largely reflect my theory. Too bad no issue references.

Anybody else care to tell their take on Gladiator's record?

Rao Kal El
Your take on his fights(at least that you're aware of) does largely reflect my theory. Too bad no issue references.

I think is like you said, is a character made to lose, no matter how good he may look at the start of the fight, he is meant to lose

carver9

Which fight are you questioning?

carver9
I think is like you said, is a character made to lose, no matter how good he may look at the start of the fight, he is meant to lose

Based on?

Delta1938
Which fight are you questioning?

Nothing in particular. I just, well, I know you. That's all.

Branlor Swift
Every fight of Carver's is correct at a quick glance but context is atrocious.

He got the shit beat out of him by Unipower Sue for example and iirc Binary was weakened by powering up starships.Also the "Super Skrull team" was Warskrull and the like.

Also I don't remember him defeating Quasar. I know he's broken out of bands and shit but an actual fight where Glads won?

He fought the Phoenix user with the Imperial Guard. And Glads killed him when he was already defeated. He didn't Ko Rachel to my recollection and she was acting with a shade of the force as was the "Phoenix user", and all his power was in the Blade of his. They fought again and Rachel hurt him before escaping.

And The Eldest who broke his arm knocked his ass out cold repeatedly in a rematch when he had Havok and Vulcan on his side.

And I don't think regular Dick Rider was KOed. As I recall they were both severely damaged.

But alas this is all based off memory. I have no access to my comics now.

carver9
Nothing in particular. I just, well, I know you. That's all.

So which fight would you like to see?

Delta1938
So which fight would you like to see?

I guess having wanted issue references from the start means I only want one or two to see.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Every fight of Carver's is correct at a quick glance but context is atrocious.

He got the shit beat out of him by Unipower Sue for example and iirc Binary was weakened by powering up starships.Also the "Super Skrull team" was Warskrull and the like.

Also I don't remember him defeating Quasar. I know he's broken out of bands and shit but an actual fight where Glads won?

He fought the Phoenix user with the Imperial Guard. And Glads killed him when he was already defeated. He didn't Ko Rachel to my recollection and she was acting with a shade of the force as was the "Phoenix user", and all his power was in the Blade of his. They fought again and Rachel hurt him before escaping.

And The Eldest who broke his arm knocked his ass out cold repeatedly in a rematch when he had Havok and Vulcan on his side.

And I don't think regular Dick Rider was KOed. As I recall they were both severely damaged.

But alas this is all based off memory. I have no access to my comics now.

The Sue fight really wasnt that bad tbh.

Not talking about that time. Here he koed both the Phoenix user and Rachel.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5052/52420613mg3.th.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6796/77372460ou2.th.jpg

Don't remember a second fight against the elder. Do you have scans?

He was koed. Remember, Glads was about to kill him but someone told him not to and Gladiator carried him on the ship.

How did I know you was going to reply. You smell my posts a mile away.

carver9
I guess having wanted issue references from the start means I only want one or two to see.

Which ones?

Delta1938
Which ones?

So I guess wanting issue references from the start means just one or two instead of issue references for all.

Rao Kal El
Based on?

Take it easy QuanVER9

I don't mean it in a bad way

Just look at some other Hero on the same power level and look at his track record.

It does not mean he is a bad character, just that it seems that he is prone to loose, because of who he is. He is technically not even a hero living on earth. I can't even think of a DC character in the same situation as Glads

carver9
Take it easy QuanVER9

I don't mean it in a bad way

Just look at some other Hero on the same power level and look at his track record.

It does not mean he is a bad character, just that it seems that he is prone to loose, because of who he is. He is technically not even a hero living on earth. I can't even think of a DC character in the same situation as Glads

Lol...so I'm Quan now? I guess we see this differently tbh but whatever.

Rao Kal El
Lol...so I'm Quan now? I guess we see this differently tbh but whatever.

Don't adopt his debating lines, only IF you are trolling him

That "Based on" crap is so not you dude, you are more like:

"Sigh*, ok lets talk buddy" or "you are wrong buddy"

Branlor Swift
The Sue fight really wasnt that bad tbh.

Not talking about that time. Here he koed both the Phoenix user and Rachel.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5052/52420613mg3.th.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6796/77372460ou2.th.jpg

Don't remember a second fight against the elder. Do you have scans?

He was koed. Remember, Glads was about to kill him but someone told him not to and Gladiator carried him on the ship.

How did I know you was going to reply. You smell my posts a mile away. He was in severe pain while she was fresh as a daisy.

Yes I see you showed the punch. Show the KOed bodies.

I just said I don't have access.
But it was at the last issue of the series. Kingbreaker iirc

Out of all of them the Nova one is the oldest to me and by old I mean years. So naturally show the scans. EIt her way, that's not exactly a high profile win. Regular Dick Rider that is.

psycho gundam
jahf oneshotted gladiator

Estacado
dancesuperm

Estacado
xomfg

Estacado
Pmub.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.