Juggernaut, Kurse Vs Thor, Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danielgamer
Juggernaut, Kurse Vs Thor, Hulk

carver9
Depends on how the match up goes.

Impediment
Which Hulk?

Read the rules; you have to present a scenario for the fight.

Time Immemorial
Team 1 Slaughter

DTM
Kurse is probably the strongest here, though Juggernaut is potentially the weakest. A good, solid fight overall, not really sure who to side with really.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by DTM
Kurse is probably the strongest here, though Juggernaut is potentially the weakest. A good, solid fight overall, not really sure who to side with really.

His momentum power and uber durability and HF will make up the difference.

jinXed by JaNx
So yeah, there was no reason to include, Juggernaut in this fight. It's unfortunate but the film version Juggernaut was pathetic There is no scenario that i can think of where, Juggernaut is a threat against Hulk or Thor even in a supporting role.

As for, Kurse, it's been a while since ive seen the movie but didn't Thor dish out as much as he received from, Kurse? I remember there was some kind of plot device that ultimately killed him but from what i remember, Kurse was fighting for his life against, Thor.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
His momentum power and uber durability and HF will make up the difference.

Theoretically, yeah, but unfortunately the only thing we know he can do, for certain, is run through concrete walls.

DTM
Well, we also know Juggernaut can burst out of being encased in concrete, relatively easily, and in a deleted scene, he was stabbed through his arm by Wolverine, which healed instantly after Logan pulled his claws out. Strengthwise you dont know, he never really lifted or bent anything, and the main guy he fought (Wolverine) isnt a powerhouse physically. Still, I think Cain would hold his own here, though hes still on the lower end of this list, IMO. As for Thor holding his own against Kurse, not too solidly, Kurse wound up beating him down pretty good, until Loki black-hole grenaded him.

FrothByte
Hulk and Thor will lose if they try to slug it out. Thor is both the weakest and strongest link. If they get into a slugfest he'll be the first one to get knocked out. If he plays it smart and allows Hulk to tank for him while he uses his other powers for full damage output then they can take care of team 1 fairly easily.

Zack Fair
Juggernaut is the weak link.

Having said that Kurse did beat the living shit out of Thor, and the later was pretty much helpless against him.

It all depends if Kurse's invulnerability to all things Asgardians translates to Hulk or not.

DTM
Was Kurse invulnerable to Asgardian things, or just in general though?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Juggernaut is the weak link.

Having said that Kurse did beat the living shit out of Thor, and the later was pretty much helpless against him.

It all depends if Kurse's invulnerability to all things Asgardians translates to Hulk or not.

To be fair, Thor fought stupidly against Kurse. He fought smartly against Destroyer and look how easy that was for him. And really don't see Kurse defeating the Destroyer armor.

NemeBro
Anyone who thinks that Juggernaut poses a threat to Thor or Hulk likes dog dick.

He has no feats on their level.

Kurse is the strongest person here.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair, Thor fought stupidly against Kurse. He fought smartly against Destroyer and look how easy that was for him. And really don't see Kurse defeating the Destroyer armor. If we are to take the "Kurse" literally than the Destroyer Armor got nothing on Kurse.

Yeah Thor was kind of dumb against Kurse, but he didn't know what Kurse was capable of, and Kurse didn't give him much room to work with. Kurse punched Thor into a mountain. Threw a massive pillar on him and then punched the living shit out of him.

The destroyer just stood there spamming eye beams.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by DTM
Well, we also know Juggernaut can burst out of being encased in concrete, relatively easily, and in a deleted scene, he was stabbed through his arm by Wolverine, which healed instantly after Logan pulled his claws out. Strengthwise you dont know, he never really lifted or bent anything, and the main guy he fought (Wolverine) isnt a powerhouse physically. Still, I think Cain would hold his own here, though hes still on the lower end of this list, IMO. As for Thor holding his own against Kurse, not too solidly, Kurse wound up beating him down pretty good, until Loki black-hole grenaded him.

Look, as much as I like, Juggernaut he has absolutely nothing to bring to the table here. He wouldn't be able to hold Thor or Hulk off for any amount of time. Perhaps in a larger team where he wasn't depended on to fend off one other top tier hero he may be a benefit.
I know He doesn't need to be able to beat Thor or Hulk, just hold one off until, Kurse kills the other but he is just entirely outclassed.

Kurse can probably kill both Thor and the Hulk but that doesn't seem to crucial to me in this scenario because I don't see why either Thor or Hulk can't handle him until Juggernaut is dropped.

Time Immemorial
Yea I could see Juggs running through Hulk or Thor while they try to stop him, but I don't see that doing any significant damage, but it could be enough to keep one of them busy while Kurse goes to town.

Time Immemorial
If we are to take the "Kurse" literally than the Destroyer Armor got nothing on Kurse.

Yeah Thor was kind of dumb against Kurse, but he didn't know what Kurse was capable of, and Kurse didn't give him much room to work with. Kurse punched Thor into a mountain. Threw a massive pillar on him and then punched the living shit out of him.

Agreed, and if Thor tried the tornado and charge to the face, Kurse would just swat him away like a fly.

jinXed by JaNx
Yea I could see Juggs running through Hulk or Thor while they try to stop him, but I don't see that doing any significant damage, but it could be enough to keep one of them busy while Kurse goes to town.

I don't deny that but le's consider how much damage fatigue that would cause the Hulk or Thor. Both will easily be able to recover from Juggs attacks. It's Thors' and Hulks attacks that i don't see Juggs recovering very easily from.

jinXed by JaNx
If we are to take the "Kurse" literally than the Destroyer Armor got nothing on Kurse.

All of this considered, didn't Thor push Kurse to his limits all while taking everything he had to offer?

StealthRanger
Does Juggernaur have any feats worth of note or anything that could be powerscaled to him that puts him up to Thor/Hulk tier? If not, he's more or less a non factor

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Does Juggernaur have any feats worth of note or anything that could be powerscaled to him that puts him up to Thor/Hulk tier? If not, he's more or less a non factor

He flattened an APC like paper bag and his armor resisted adamentium. A few other things as well.

TH3_V01D
http://i.minus.com/ibb6ZiKC549LGN.gif

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

I always wondered why his hammer throw failed there..

Inhuman
I always wondered why his hammer throw failed there..

because it wasn't a hammer throw. He was swinging the hammer to break the glass.

carver9
I can see Hulk beating Kurse. Kurse hit Thor with a boulder which appeared to do a lot of damage and after that he proceeded at pounding Thor in. Thor recovered immediately though. Can't see Kurse doing that to Hulk, at all.

Placidity
He flattened an APC like paper bag and his armor resisted adamentium. A few other things as well.

He also shook the ground when he ran and busted through concrete with ease.

Physically, Thor couldn't replicate these feats (I'm aware that's not his main strength), so I'm not sure why Juggernaut is being dismissed entirely.

Based on feats, Juggs is far below Hulk, but physically above Thor. That's not to say he could beat Thor at all, but I think he could take a beating.

carver9
Forgot about Juggernaut running through thick walls with ease.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Placidity
He also shook the ground when he ran and busted through concrete with ease.

Physically, Thor couldn't replicate these feats (I'm aware that's not his main strength), so I'm not sure why Juggernaut is being dismissed entirely.

Based on feats, Juggs is far below Hulk, but physically above Thor. That's not to say he could beat Thor at all, but I think he could take a beating.

Agreed

Placidity
One of my favorite moments was Dark Phoenix actually taking note of him. You could tell everyone else was just an insect to her.

Time Immemorial
One of my favorite moments was Dark Phoenix actually taking note of him. You could tell everyone else was just an insect to her.

Was that in the forest?

Silent Master
Thor tackled the Hulk through a bulkhead in the helicarrier, why do people think he couldn't bust through concrete?

Placidity
Was that in the forest?

No, it was a short and subtle moment when Magneto sent him to kill Leech.

hJ4r-1OxALE

0:13

Placidity
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor tackled the Hulk through a bulkhead in the helicarrier, why do people think he couldn't bust through concrete?

I didn't think of that scene. Would have to watch it again. But that would probably be the only scene that would suggest he could I think.

Also, that wouldn't be the same as casually running through walls. Tackling means he had a good run up, combined with Hulk's mass.

Placidity
Not sure what a bulkhead is, but if you were referring to this, its not impressive at all. Heck, I think if Hulk tripped, he would have fell through this himself:

http://i60.tinypic.com/289hceo.jpg

carver9
I didn't think of that scene. Would have to watch it again. But that would probably be the only scene that would suggest he could I think.

Also, that wouldn't be the same as casually running through walls. Tackling means he had a good run up, combined with Hulk's mass.

He flew Hulk through the wall using Mjlonir. Not the same imo.

Time Immemorial
Yea that was some wall made of ventilation material. Not solid or anything which he tacked Hulk through with the hammer. Looking back at that video, Juggs is pretty sick.

FrothByte
I don't believe Thor had mjolnir when he tackled Hulk as we don't see it till much later when he calls to it. I do agree that it doesn't look like solid steel though. Which is weird because when you look at the Hulk-about-to-pummel BW scene, it seems like solid steel. Very inconsistent.

Silent Master
I don't believe Thor had mjolnir when he tackled Hulk as we don't see it till much later when he calls to it. I do agree that it doesn't look like solid steel though. Which is weird because when you look at the Hulk-about-to-pummel BW scene, it seems like solid steel. Very inconsistent.

Or they went through more than one bulkhead.

Zack Fair
I don't believe Thor had mjolnir when he tackled Hulk as we don't see it till much later when he calls to it. I do agree that it doesn't look like solid steel though. Which is weird because when you look at the Hulk-about-to-pummel BW scene, it seems like solid steel. Very inconsistent. Yeah. I always thought Thor simply tackled him.

Edit Yah. Mjolnir was no where in sight.

advsN-DfY2k

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
Or they went through more than one bulkhead.

Was that a bulkhead and was it shown they went through more then one? When he calls his hammer it certainly feels like it is tearing through the ship, that more likes he was tackled through some paneling. I don't see that on the same level as what juggs was doing.

Zack Fair
Mjolnir was sure as hell taking its time.

Time Immemorial
Mjolnir was sure as hell taking its time.

Fosho

TH3_V01D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.