The Hero, The Anti-Hero, and The Villian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
The Sith Emperor has returned at his full power, ready to once again try to destroy the galaxy. As he sits on his throne at the Dark Council, The Hero of Tython rushes to battle him. Revan, the corrupted and crazed leader of the Revanites, also aware of The Sith Emperor's return, has also came to finish what he started. The Sith Emperor is confronted upon two determined to strike him down, though frequent clashes between the two attackers can be expected. Who will prove victorious in the heart of the Sith Empire? The Hero, The Anti-Hero, or The Villian?

Emperordmb
I'm siding with Revan in this match-up. As it stands I have Vitiate as the most powerful of the three, but the tide of the fight seems to be more against Vitiate than anyone else here.

Nephthys
Don't you know? The Hero always wins. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-clint.gif

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Don't you know? The Hero always wins. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-clint.gif
The Usual Suspects.
----- ----- -----
Any others going to vote?

Selenial
Hero of Tython.

Vitiate will be gunning for the Hero in an act of Revenge, unaware of Revans new power.

Revan won't go for the HOT too much, tunnel visioning the Emperor to, as you said, finish what he started. He seems to have entirely lost his mind, so he's not going to be the strategist and let the HOT do most of the work here, he'll go all out.

The HOT will be on the defense, so won't actually be using too much energy, eventually a stupid bout for revenge will cost Vitiate his life, as Revan takes advantage of him just as Meetra SHOULD have in the Revan Novel (IE, Karpyshyn ****ing sucks at writing and butchered a character with a plot point that made no sense, just to keep the Emperor alive)

That leaves Revan and HOT, Revan having expended his energy isn't in much of a position to summon force attacks, faces off in blades against the HOT and dies horribly.

DarthAnt66
I feel you are underestimating Revan's new personality. It seems he masks some similar traits to Darth Revan.
He couldn't be goaded into battle, even by the Imperial Strike Team that ended and ****ed him up him the last time.
He also stated that his mind is clearer from ever before, and if you hear the audio, he is much more confident now as well.

Selenial
Perhaps, but what reason does he have to face the Hero of Tython?

He thinks the Republic is weak, but here the HOT is trying to slaughter the Emperor...

Nephthys
Not to mention that the HoT was part of the team that saved him. He's always been after the Emperor, I think Selenial's assessment is pretty spot on. Revan might say his mind is clearer than ever, but in reality he's crazier than he ever was.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not to mention that the HoT was part of the team that saved him. He's always been after the Emperor, I think Selenial's assessment is pretty spot on.
Revan doesn't give a shit really if he saved him anymore though:
Hero of Tython: I helped free you from Imperial captivity, and now you are turning around and betraying the Republic?
Revan: The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside.

Revan: The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again.

You can still be crazy but highly intelligent. Look at The Joker from Batman. Revan isn't stupid, he's not going to waist all his energy on the Sith Emperor.
Will he go after Vitiate? Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm denying rather instead over Revan dying horribly, which is laughable.

Emperordmb
I'm with Ant on this one. Regardless of whether or not Revan is crazy, there is no reason to believe he has lost his insanely high level of intelligence and strategy, particularly when it seems to be the defining factor of his fighting style, and considering that he's successfully leading an entire order of people and continuing to gather more followers.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Hero of Tython: I helped free you from Imperial captivity, and now you are turning around and betraying the Republic?
Revan: The Republic is too weak and unfocused to do what must be done. To achieve my goals, all distractions must be swept aside.

Revan: The Emperor couldn't break me. Even death could not stop me. I will finish what I've started. And you will not interfere again.

You can still be crazy but highly intelligent. Look at The Joker from Batman. Revan isn't stupid, he's not going to waist all his energy on the Sith Emperor.
Will he go after Vitiate? Of course, I'm not denying that. I'm denying rather instead over Revan dying horribly, which is laughable.

Ant is right, Revan isn't the same guy on the Foundry he's changed. Probably more powerful than the HoT now http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

But in all seriousness, he does sound like's he's much more clear headed imo.

Emperordmb
Yeah... even if his goals and reasons are backshit crazy, he now has purpose, and that makes him more clear headed in a way.

Nephthys

I know he doesn't exactly feel much gratitude, but he also has no beef with with the Hero either and knows they're a good person. He ****ing hates the Emperor though and he will prioritize killing him over the HoT.

*waste

I didn't say he was stupid, but I do think he's not thinking clearly and since Vitiate is the source of all his suffering I doubt he won't flip his shit when faced with him.

DarthAnt66
No. This is no longer the Revan who just stood there as a bomb made by some Gamorreans exploded:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3948404-5896127622-E3LIz.gif

This is the returned Revan who conquered a third of the galaxy in a year:
http://s019.radikal.ru/i635/1206/b0/c08e6ff3d647.jpg
---- ---- ----
Look at the way he speaks, the way he acts. Any Sith Lord is crazy from the point-of-view from the heroes.
He even says he can't be goaded into battle anymore, a statement he supported by proof of not confronting them personally.
It doesn't take rocket-science to see the great master strategist has returned, ready to once again take on the galaxy.

Fated Xtasy
Edit:

Whoops i done ****ed up.

But seriously why do people think just because someone's batshit crazy they can't be intelligent?

Nalaniel
Revan wins, because he's the embodiment of the force and stronger than the Ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.