Who Can Resist the One Ring?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Who can wear the ring for prolonged periods without having their minds succumb to the effects of the One Ring?

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/careabout/lord-2.jpg

Categories:

* Impossible
* Unlikely
* Possibly
* Likely
* Virtually Certain

1. Wolverine
2. Professor Xavier
3. Animated Batman
4. EU Mace Windu or EU Sidious
5. Superman (any movie version)
6. Voldemort or Dumbledore
7. Dark Phoenix
8. Dr Manhattan
9. Emma Frost (Can stay in diamond form)
10. Neo
11. The Mask
12. Sherlock Holmes
13. Khan
14. Anime Goku
15. Hal Jordan
16. Super Gandalf or Elrond
17. Who else?

They are all aware of the effects of the ring.

They cannot get external help/equipment.

Time Immemorial
This isn't a vs thread. Wrong forum.

Tattoos N Scars
Good thread though

Hal Jordan maybe

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Good thread though

Hal Jordan maybe

Unless he was wearing his own ring, he would have trouble.

DM clears. and destroys the ring.

StealthRanger
Not sure about the Marvel and DC chars

Goku is a bit questionable, though he always wants to fight stronger people and whatnot, make of that what you will

Voldemort and Dumbledore would be easy prey, prolly Sidious as well, not sure about Windu

Khan from what I heard should be easy prey too

Gandalf was aware he'd fall to it's effects, and Elrond said that the only other alternate to Frodo destroying it was him putting his full energy into keeping himself from being corrupted and then going to Mt. Doom and doing a double take (as he couldn't just drop it in)

Dark Phoenix could prolly just destroy the ring, so could Goku

Don't know about the others

DTM
My bets on Yoda. Centuries of willpower honing and a force of good unlike any in his universe.

Tattoos N Scars
I wonder if the ring could manipulate a machine, like the Terminator or Data from Star Trek?

DTM
I personally wouldnt think so.

Placidity
I'm interested in Voldemort. With his spells/magic, would he be able to resist?

StealthRanger
Power hungry Nazi hellbent on wizard purity and eradicating non magical humans from the world and prolly other things I'm forgetting

Pretty sure he'd be easy prey

Not sure if the ring could be considered mind**** (in the conventional sense) though

Quanchi's Voldemort would blink and the ring along with the entire Tolkienverse would be erased from the time space continuum

carver9
Goku and that's about it tbh.

Firefly218
Wolverine

Silent Master
Doesn't last 10 seconds.

X-Men Legends 1
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wolverine

Bardock42
I'll say Goku, Dr. Manhattan, The Mask and Hal Jordan, in order of likelihood of withstanding the influence of the one ring.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'll say Goku, Dr. Manhattan, The Mask and Hal Jordan, in order of likelihood of withstanding the influence of the one ring.

Sounds about right.

jinXed by JaNx
Dr Manhattan is the only one on that list that i think could resist the rings temptation entirely

Xavier could probably resist the ring long enough until he found a way to destroy it.

Some of the others on this list seem out of place. I don't see why, Dark Phoenix, Voldemort, Sidious or the Mask would not want to embrace the ring and all of it's powers. However, I also don't see them needing use for the ring because they already posses abilities far greater than what the ring could grant them.

I think it would be interesting to see if the Ring would have any affect on, Spock or a pure bred, Vulcan. Since, Vulcans act on logic, would they see it logical to bind with the ring? Would Frodo have been able to resist Saurons call without emotion?

Silent Master
True, guys like Voldy or Logan wouldn't last 10 seconds.

Placidity
I mentioned Wolverine because his mind is more resistant to manipulation than humans. Also the whole his mind can "heal" angle.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Placidity
Who can wear the ring for prolonged periods without having their minds succumb to the effects of the One Ring?

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/careabout/lord-2.jpg

Categories:

* Impossible
* Unlikely
* Possibly
* Likely
* Virtually Certain

1. Wolverine
2. Professor Xavier
3. Animated Batman
4. EU Mace Windu or EU Sidious
5. Superman (any movie version)
6. Voldemort or Dumbledore
7. Dark Phoenix
8. Dr Manhattan
9. Emma Frost (Can stay in diamond form)
10. Neo
11. The Mask
12. Sherlock Holmes
13. Khan
14. Anime Goku
15. Hal Jordan
16. Super Gandalf or Elrond
17. Who else?

They are all aware of the effects of the ring.

They cannot get external help/equipment.

1. Wolverine- Impossible
2. Professor Xavier - Depends. Can his mind powers over ride it? Is it all based on his morals? I like to think his TP can resist it, but Charles is a very flawed individual with very human vulnerabilities. So I dunno.
3. Animated Batman - Resists it.
4. EU Mace Windu or EU Sidious Same as Charles TP case. I can see the ring being turned to the dark side by Sidious awesome
5. Superman (any movie version) Reeve tanks it. MoS resists its effects for a while but eventually falls for it.
6. Voldemort or DumbledoreBoth submit to the ring
7. Dark PhoenixSubmits. Magneto tooled her.
8. Dr ManhattanNo idea. I'd say no given he has more powerful things ****ing with his mind. Such as the whole linear time thingy and the fundamentals of life and all that shit.
9. Emma Frost (Can stay in diamond form)Regular falls for it. Diamond tanks it
10. NeoFalls for it
11. The MaskDunno. Maybe. If anything the ring goes mad
12. Sherlock HolmesNo idea
13. KhanFalls for it
14. Anime GokuResists it. Goku is pretty much a stronger willed, pure heart Frodo
15. Hal JordanHe should have the will to resist it
16. Super Gandalf or ElrondBoth fall for it
17. Who else?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity
I mentioned Wolverine because his mind is more resistant to manipulation than humans. Also the whole his mind can "heal" angle.

I don't think there is any reason to assume that Wolverines mind is more naturally resistant to manipulation of any kind. It seems that when luring a host the Ring is completely will based. So, I don't see how Wolverines physical fortitude would help him resist the Rings allure. Given Wolverines tendency to lose himself in a Beserker rage I would say that he would be of the most susceptible. Although, Considering the amount of will he needed to maintain in, Days of Future Past, he might have a chance to resist for a while.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't think there is any reason to assume that Wolverines mind is more naturally resistant to manipulation of any kind.

Kayla/Silverfox's powers didn't work on him or Sabretooth in Origins.

Time Immemorial
All the evil people here really don't know why they on the list, they would not even want to resist the preciouswink

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
All the evil people here really don't know why they on the list, they would not even want to resist the preciouswink thumb up

Tattoos N Scars
What about John Rambo? He was taught to ignore pain and to survive in situations that would break the will of most other men.

Placidity
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
All the evil people here really don't know why they on the list, they would not even want to resist the preciouswink

This topic is about whether they can or not.

Also, I don't agree they would willingly become Sauron's b*tch.

WildBantha88
Joker, because he cant become any crazier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.