Puck vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YFZ 350
No weapons to make it fair.

juggernaut74
Good fight. Going with the vampire hunter.

golem370
I would say Puck strength advantage durability advantage as well.

YFZ 350
Durability for sure but strength Blade has better feats.

whacknasty
Very original match up! I'd say Puck as well, his durability makes a weaponless fight lean in his favor I believe.

carver9
Puck

juggernaut74
Originally posted by whacknasty
Very original match up! I'd say Puck as well, his durability makes a weaponless fight lean in his favor I believe. Blade is pretty tough in his own right plus he has a good healing factor on top of that.

-K-M-
Puck

YFZ 350
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Blade is pretty tough in his own right plus he has a good healing factor on top of that. Blade does have a good healing factor but Puck is invulnerable iirc.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Blade does have a good healing factor but Puck is invulnerable iirc. Not sure if he is anymore. Blade has stood amidst flames with skin exposed before like a champ.

YFZ 350
I see your point. Don't think Puck would be able to do that currently.

-K-M-
Honestly hard to say, he's definitely not at his classic levels but he still does have a form of superhuman durability. The extent? Not sure, but he was able to take blows from a Revenant that caused a mini "earthquake" with a punch even when his nervous system was being attacked

Angel Watching
Puck

YFZ 350
After looking at Blades durability feats compared to Pucks I'm not so sure Puck has that advantage. Both guys are experienced though. Blade is over 100 and Puck over 80.

-K-M-
No Puck is 100. He was born in 1914 and referenced recently as such

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/age_zps01a174b2.png

Concerning durability Blade got ripped apart pretty badly in Mighty Avengers. That's a bold claim (Curse of the Mutant he didn't look to good either)

YFZ 350
I didn't mean piercing durability rather overall. Dude was on fire taking on some demons recently. Literally on fire.

-K-M-
I didn't mean piercing durability rather overall. Dude was on fire taking on some demons recently. Literally on fire.

That's nothing I wouldn't put past Puck being able to do though. Blade also has been Ko'ed from blunt force trauma, energy blasts and a low yield optic blast from behind

Supermutant
Puck with nuts shot win, otherwise Blade.

juggernaut74
I didn't mean piercing durability rather overall. Dude was on fire taking on some demons recently. Literally on fire. Blade also jumps from rooftops and out of airplains and lands on his feet like a champ.

BTW do you have the scan of Blade stating he's over 100? I saw it somewhere.

YFZ 350
I saw it but don't have it.

Trackz
Originally posted by -K-M-
That's nothing I wouldn't put past Puck being able to do though. Blade also has been Ko'ed from blunt force trauma, energy blasts and a low yield optic blast from behind Cyclops clarified that the optic blast was actually a nerve strike, which makes it more of a feat for cyclops than anything because I'm not sure he's done that before. what are the other instances youre talking about?

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
Puck punches him out.

Vanguard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Puck punches him out.

He gets bitten before that. And reverted back to human form.

https://i.ibb.co/HpL6KVQ/1-CC24-F96-DF71-453-D-BE60-029-F16-D78652.jpg https://i.ibb.co/S0vMzmJ/8-F6-A4-D20-7-BB5-4-CA8-B06-C-274378-BF7-AAA.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Good luck penetrating Puck's skin... laughing out loud

Bentley
Puck is too much to handle for Blade

Vanguard
Originally posted by Bentley
Puck is too much to handle for Blade

Even though Blade knocks around Spiderman, but okay. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yeyzk7gy

vin

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
I posted the part that you always refused to post, little troll.

You know, the most important bit. With Parker trying to regain control of his actions and still casually beating Blade smile

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

You troll.

1) He tried to reason with Blade FROM THE START.

2) He fought the control, it got him distracted - as shown on YOUR damn scan.

3) Once he got somewhat focused, he literally ONE-SHOTTED Blade.

StiltmanFTW
You're always quick to find excuses for Blade... while forgetting that he never performed well against Parker who was operating at 100%.

Vanguard

Vanguard
They were draining his blood. And he still knocked Spiderman around.

https://i.ibb.co/xgh7mWW/692-D8508-AEFF-430-C-A879-3-BB35751012-C.jpg

StiltmanFTW
No, that's literally what happened.

Parker made him trip and Blade got ko'd laughing out loud

Wonderful feat for Blade. You always know how to make people laugh at him thumb up

SamZED
Spiderman's thought bubble suggests he's trying to stop himself. Thats when Blade got his hits in. So thats not the best example. Now.. what Ultimate Blade didbto Ult. SM qualifies as ownage.

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
So... Blade has nothing? confused

Puck hurt guys much stronger than him, too. Such as Bulldozer or Wendigo.

Every hero does that, it's not impressive thumb down

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
Again, I ask you. What is this supposed to mean? You think it's a good feat? It's not. And it gives Blade no advantage over Puck, sorry to burst your bubble.

Blade "knocking around" superior opponents for a single panel doesn't mean shit, as Puck and everyone else has done so...

https://i.ibb.co/5Lbdkwz/bulldozer01.png

Wrecker comments on the kick:

https://i.ibb.co/7tDCkrn/bulldozer02.png

And that's an actual fight, not a meaningless scuffle with a teammate laughing out loud

I would say you're ruining Blade's reputation... but he never earned any.

Vanguard
Again, I ask you. What is this supposed to mean? You think it's a good feat? It's not. And it gives Blade no advantage over Puck, sorry to burst your bubble.

Blade "knocking around" superior opponents for a single panel doesn't mean shit, as Puck and everyone else has done so...

https://i.ibb.co/5Lbdkwz/bulldozer01.png

Wrecker comments on the kick:

https://i.ibb.co/7tDCkrn/bulldozer02.png

And that's an actual fight, not a meaningless scuffle with a teammate laughing out loud

I would say you're ruining Blade's reputation... but he never earned any.

closedeyes

Are you really this bored?

StiltmanFTW
Again --- what were you trying to prove with your scans?

And how was that something actually usable in this thread, seeing as Puck has done the same shit?

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
Backed you into a corner, huh?

One Big Mob
Backed into the closet, eh? Why don't you come on out of the closet there VANGUARD and face your demons head on?

Vanguard

One Big Mob
Aren't you the guy who only argues for black characters in comics and then plays the confusion angle when you start losing?

Real comic characters = Ebony characters

Vanguard

One Big Mob
You gotta take note of all the meme posters on your travels.

You were initially a rabid Deathstroke fan until you noticed he was a tad light on character, and if you liked mutants you'd like the X-Men instead. I get it VANGUARD.

You going to answer Stilt's question or are we going to go over the shade chart instead to figure out at what point a character becomes interesting?

Trackz
So in terms of durability I think top 2 for Blade might be:

1. Tanking a Mjolnir shot to the chest from Ghost Rider-Thor, and healing as the hell fire burned into his skin

2. Getting hit with a blast that knocked Captain Britain out of the country and getting up

I'm not sure Puck actually has any durability feats that Blade doesn't have. Blade has also tanked laser vision and stood in volcano.

Speed is a clear advantage for Blade (not sure Puck has ever displayed post-bullet level speed feats)

Re: the vampire bite, not sure why Puck would be invulnerable to it. I'd need to see his piercing level durability.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Trackz

Re: the vampire bite, not sure why Puck would be invulnerable to it. I'd need to see his piercing level durability. Has anyone been proven to be invulnerable to a Vampire bite?

StiltmanFTW
Has anyone been proven to be invulnerable to a Vampire bite?

Luke Cage, for example:

https://tinyurl.com/vw7gns5

Trackz
Luke Cage, for example:

https://tinyurl.com/vw7gns5 puck isn't on that level. Has he shown any piercing invulnerability?

DarkSaint85
The problem is that nobody, NOBODY, here cares about Puck and that team he's part of.

-K-M-

Trackz
What are his feats of that though.

Trackz
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The problem is that nobody, NOBODY, here cares about Puck and that team he's part of.

I mean how many people have read midnight sons or are currently reading strikeforce. Blade is more popular in name, but I highly doubt any of the people currently commenting are reading his recent appearances.

-K-M-

Trackz
Yea, compressed rubber isn't invulnerability on par with Luke cage. Or durable enough to prevent most piercing weapons from doing damage.

-K-M-

Trackz
That's not how this works. I dont have evidence of Blade getting blown up by a nuke that doesnt mean he can take one. If we're allowed to just take everyone's powers to their logical extremes, regardless of feats, then Blade easily wins this.

Blade has bitten magically enhanced super soldiers that other characters with super strength were unable to pierce with needles. You need to show evidence of Puck resisting similar piercing damage, because logically compressed rubber is not enough to matter in this fight.

-K-M-

DarkSaint85
He's been shot by a tranq before.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's been shot by a tranq before.

In Immortal Hulk?

-K-M-
Stupid edit. If so the same darts also worked on Doc Sampson and Titania who are similar to Cage durability as well. So yeah should work on Puck too

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -K-M-
In Immortal Hulk?

No, looks like a 90s comic. Will post it when I can, I got it off a Russian website.

-K-M-

Trackz
A few notes:

1. Blade has absolutely bitten enemies to take them down.

This is why I mentioned that the idea that people only think Puck loses because they don't read him is weird. In the past year Blade has bitten and drained Ghost Rider to take him down, and bitten a number of magically enhanced enemies to revert them to human form. In the past he's also bitten vampires.

He uses his bite when it gives him a strategic advantage (like in this case). Given the fact that he has bitten enemies that were pierce resistant and that Puck has been hit with tranquilizers before, there's more than reason to believe he would be bitten.

To your point that because he'd be bullet proof, he'd be stab proof. That's not true. There's a reason ballistic vests and stab-proof vests are different. Just because it can diffuse the kinetic energy of a bullet doesn't mean it could stand up to the consistent pressure of a stabbing weapon (or fangs)

2. Puck doesn't have hundreds of years of fighting experience. He was born a little over 100 years ago, but he didn't come out of the womb fighting. Like Blade, he has around 70-80 years.

So their fighting experience is the same, and Blade knows more martial artists styles and has beaten more skilled enemies in hand-to-hand combat (beaten several doom bots using hand-to-hand).

3. Puck doesn't have any feats that suggest he is as fast as Blade or as skilled as Blade. Blade is likely just as strong too based on comic feats. The most you could argue is that they're even, and then Blade would win given the fact that he actually has the ability to end the fight (vampire bite).

-K-M-

-K-M-

-K-M-

Vanguard

Trackz
1. It has been his go-to routinely when it has strategic advantage. So with enemies he can take down otherwise? No. But he hasn't shown any hesitancy to use it. He's bitten enemies twice in the past year as a part of the Avengers. Puck doesn't have feats that place his speed as faster than Blade's. Even then, realistically think about how easy it is to bite someone in the course of a fight. Puck would require an immense combat speed advantage for that to be difficult, and feats would suggest that Blade actually has the speed advantage.

We have statements he's resistent to punctures, but as noted, he's also been punctured by a tranquilizer. To your point, it was a tranquilizer that worked on other durable character, but it suggests that he doesn't posses the type of complete invulnerability that colossus and luke cage possess. Moreover the analogy of compressed rubber would allow him to be resistant to some bullets and knives, while not others.

2. The 1929 date is from a max series. Blade has stated on panel that he's over 100 years old and there's been panels of him fighting vampires during world war 2. Their experience is roughly the same.

3. Those are solid fighting feats. I think the main piece, is pucks other attributes seemed to overcome a skill deficit (like against taskmaster where he could use his strength and speed advantage). However he doesn't have an advantage in other attributes in this case. Best case scenario is that they're even in strength and speed, but I do think Blade has more strength and speed feats that make the physical aspect lean towards him. To do a quick run through, Blade has stalemated Wolverine twice, beaten Deadpool twice, and nearly killed an enemy that made short work of Daken. Those are some character I think they crossover with from time to time.

Re: the ironfist punch, I'd put Blade taking a blast that knocked Captain Britain out of the country on the level of Puck taking that Ironfist punch. There's also blade tanking a strike from mjolnir to the chest from Ghost Rider Thor.

3. Re: The bite, my main point is even if we assume that they're completely even in all physical attributes, Blade just has a couple of other super powers that give him an advantage.

StiltmanFTW
and nearly killed an enemy that made short work of Daken.

Again with this?

Daken, who was missing his arm and healing factor...?

StiltmanFTW
Captain America is not the one to put anyone's life in danger --- he felt confident about Puck's invulnerability being at least comparable to that of She-Hulk and Diamond Lil, so he could act as a living shield for him and others:

https://i.ibb.co/1RW9NmT/puck01.png

What has Blade done with his dhampiric teeth, exactly? Aside from succeeding in biting cannon fodder?

juggernaut74

2. The 1929 date is from a max series. Blade has stated on panel that he's over 100 years old and there's been panels of him fighting vampires during world war 2. Their experience is roughly the same.

Yea that was from the Max series which I'm not even sure is canon anyways Blade first met Wolverine in the 1930's and was already an established vampire hunter by WW II. Blade has stated on panel in more recent times that he's over 100 years old in a issues published in 2007. Puck don't have an "experience" edge that's for sure.

Blade has been killing vampires since he was like 9 years old.

and nearly killed an enemy that made short work of Daken. . I remember that. Daken sucks in more ways than one.

StiltmanFTW
And so does Blade.

LordofBrooklyn
Blade's American status trumps Puck's inferior Canadian birthright.

BLADE WINS!

Trackz
Captain America is not the one to put anyone's life in danger --- he felt confident about Puck's invulnerability being at least comparable to that of She-Hulk and Diamond Lil, so he could act as a living shield for him and others:

https://i.ibb.co/1RW9NmT/puck01.png

What has Blade done with his dhampiric teeth, exactly? Aside from succeeding in biting cannon fodder?

Did you skim? I'm not sure how this is relevant at all to what KM and I had discussed. I granted that Puck is bullet proof. But, as discussed, there is an upper-limit to his invulnerability as he has been pierced by stabbing objects.

Conversely, T'Challa sent in Blade explicitly to use his teeth to de-power enemies that could not be pierced otherwise by characters with super strengths.

Again, in that panel is she-hulk, and we know for a fact she isn't resistant to piercing damage and has been sliced open before.

StiltmanFTW
we know for a fact she isn't resistant to piercing damage

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/1/15047/2372432-14___avengers_501.cbr___page_5.jpg

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
And he's still featless thumb up

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
When has Blade beaten anyone?

StiltmanFTW

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/1/15047/2372432-14___avengers_501.cbr___page_5.jpg

1. https://i.imgur.com/UHq5Aph.jpg
2. https://i.imgur.com/f66uKNj.jpg

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
I've been dealing with your kind of biased Blade fanboys since I registered, lol.

He is c-list, at best.

Vanguard

StiltmanFTW
Keep hoping.

juggernaut74
Puck doesn't have feats that place his speed as faster than Blade's. Even then, realistically think about how easy it is to bite someone in the course of a fight. Puck would require an immense combat speed advantage for that to be difficult, and feats would suggest that Blade actually has the speed advantage.

Puck is fast no doubt but Blade was able to handle Spitfire's speed and Spitfire is faster than Puck by a huge margin.

StiltmanFTW
The showing that's been debunked a decado ago by srank and others?

Lol.

Trackz

And yet has been bitten by Sarge the hellhound and vampire rats. Not to mention Hulk has been bitten by vampires before. The point is over.

StiltmanFTW
Good thing Blade is not a genuine vampire, then.

Puck punches his teeth out thumb up

Trackz
Puck is fast no doubt but Blade was able to handle Spitfire's speed and Spitfire is faster than Puck by a huge margin.

Blade does have more speed feats than Puck, but the main point I trying to make is that we don't even need to get into that because even if he's just as fast or just as strong, he has the edge because he just has more abilities.

Trackz
Good thing Blade is not a genuine vampire, then.

Puck punches his teeth out thumb up

Good effort, as always.

So I think this one's over for anyone paying attention. Blade just as more feats than Puck and more abilities. Puck's a very cool character though.

-K-M-

Trackz
You could be right, I just think the evidence leans that way. Characters like she-hulk and hulk have been bitten by vampires before, and they have more feats of durability than puck.

i don't think blade needs to 100% be faster, but does puck have any faster than bullet feats?

-K-M-

Wonder Man
Puck has the advantage of size like Giant Man does only to the opposite end of the spectrum.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Puck has the advantage of size like Giant Man does only to the opposite end of the spectrum.

https://i.imgur.com/YAGpXPd.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.