Strongest Female Jedi Tournament: Round 1 Battle 17. Celeste Morne Vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Hello "You poor unfortunate souls~" and welcome back to the SFJ Tourny. in our last fight, Exal Kressh defeated Lumi Plo 7 to 4. now to o the most badass women of the EU face each other. On to the fight!

Satele Shan
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/37/16/07/37160787ceee390f9b2de9c94fb15bec.jpg

Bio: A powerful jedi master and Grandmaster of the order and descendant of the extremely powerful and talented Jedi, Bastila Shan and Revan. Satele was described as "hero of the republic, paragon of the jedi order, strong in the force. She was a champion of the light; a symbol; an icon. as the youngest grandmaster in the history of the order, Satele lead the order through the great conflicted that engulfed the galaxy.

Lightsaber form(s):. A highly talented, powerful and agile warrior, Satale was a highly proficient user of Ataru, using various acrobatics and force augmented attacks to turn the tide to her favor, her knowledge of Niman was also considerable as she is able to chain many powerful force based attacks with her strikes with easy. She was also proficient with both a saber staff and a single hilt. which demonstrates her versatility and knowledge of lightsaber techniques all of which allowed her to duel on Par with people like Darth Malgus, Darth Baras and Darth Mehkis

Force Powers:. As a descendant of the Shan family, Satele was exceptionally strong in the force, using it's power to release a surge of power that sent three siths flying, her mastery of telekinesis was so great that she was able to bring down an entire mountain top on the sith lord darth Malgus. with her power in the force she was able to to crush and tear part Hexes droids with a mere gesture and stun them with a mere look. she was a user of shatterpoint and combined the ability with her telekinesis in order to destroy a large door. she was able to create a powerful barrier that protected her while simultaneously affecting the minds of the Hexes droids

Versus

Celeste Morne
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090619031632/starwarslegacy/images/thumb/3/3c/Celeste_Morne.jpg/200px-Celeste_Morne.jpg

Note: Because this is a Female only tournament Karness Muur cannot possess Celeste and fight for her, she is allowed to use the talisman's powers but that's it. no body possession. With that out of the way.

Bio: A jedi master and jedi Shadow of the Jedi convenant, Celeste was a powerful jedi who lived through various different ages, from the old republic era, the galactic empire era to the legacy era. during which she assisted Cade skywalker in his efforts to bring down the one sith order.

Lightsaber form(s): A powerful lightsaber duelist, Celeste utilized a very aggressive and wild form reminiscent of Juyo or Djem So , often jumping and lunging at her opponents with great strength in one instance she broke through Luke's defenses with a single strike, she was able to hold her own against Vader even after only recently being awakened. and even held her own against the dark lord Krayt(i don't know if this a feat that was only possible because of the Murr talisman apologies)

Force Powers: as a user of the Muur talisman, Celeste demonstrated a high affinity for the talisman and was the only person strong enough to control and resist it's power, the talisman gave her control of the Rakghoul beast, bending them to her will she also possessed considerable talent with the force barrier ability using it to defend against the force lightning of Darth Maladi and Darth Krayt and unleashing a devastating lightning that wounded the dark lord. she was also proficient in a variation of force cloak called "force haze"

Two powerful Jedi masters. both have fought against highly impressive warriors and are strong in the force. who wins? don't forget to vote and making a argument supporting a character is always a plus wink

carthage
If she is possessed by Muur

Celeste Morne would kill Satele with maybe mid difficulty.

Satele failed to kill Baras, got trashed by Malgus, and has only killed fodder Sith and fought evenly with Mekhis who is featless.

Celeste takes this

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
If she is possessed by Muur, Celeste Morne would kill Satele with maybe mid difficulty.

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Note: Because this is a Female only tournament Karness Muur cannot possess Celeste and fight for her, she is allowed to use the talisman's powers but that's it. no body possession.

carthage
Celeste Morne can still take this.

Based
Originally posted by carthage

Satele failed to kill Baras
Before she became Grand Master.

As a padawan.

That's not an argument.

In which Mekhis was heavily injured. The word stalemate wasn't even used at all in the comic and it was stated by a person who did't witness the fight at all. But clearly that's sufficient evidence.

So your usual lowballing tactics aside, Satele Shan's prowess and potential were so coveted that even Darth Baras and Darth Angral agreed to work together to try and accomplish that. Every Sith that Satele came across was either in awe or in disgusted by her powers because they don't lowball like you do.

Trocity
Celeste lost to Vader in a duel in which she didn't really do much if I remember right, though she somewhat competed. She was impressive vs Krayt and the Sith in Legacy but I believe she was possessed by Muur at that time so that doesn't really help her case here. I think I'll have to side with Satele in a good fight.

Q99
She did hit him with some TK, and blocked a few blows before being pushed back.

Before she learned to tap into the amulet for power, though.

Most of the time she was in charge. Muur took over for a few bits, but others noted Celeste drawing on the amulet (and Muur complaining about her doing so).

In between Vader fight and Krayt fight, she was awake for 100+ years, unaging, learning the talisman and contesting with Muur.

Emperordmb
This is a hard one IMO.

Celeste has thrown down with some good force abilities with the talisman, and has also dueled against Vader, and beaten Luke before his prime.

Satele on the other hand has easily crushed Hex Droids with TK, which are harder than durasteel, she blocked Malgus's lightsaber blade with her hands with great difficulty, and her combat skills impressed Ax so much that Ax said that violence was life for Satele when comparing her to the Sith.

Tough to call, but I'm leaning Satele.

Nephthys
Satele imo.

Fated Xtasy
(Before i go on with an explanation of what i think. i want to note that i don't vote or take my opinion into consideration for the final vote. if i did Lumiya would've won against Saba :P yep i'm still sore)

I believe this match up is somewhat reminiscent of Maul Vs Satele. with Satele obviously taking force power section and Celeste taking the duel section. as of now i believe many people put Vader=Malgus/Vader>Malgus. Celeste held her own against Vader for a while and she overwhelmed Luke with her strength. and she was fighting and eventually overwhelmed Muur's spirit with her own will and regained control of her body while Muur was fighting Krayt.
She's an exceptional duelist imo. so i believe she could overwhelm Satele with her blade though i also think this could end in a stalemate

Force wise, Satele is a master of the force and is very destructive with Telekinesis, she has done much to put her on par with great TK masters. overall Satele vastly outranks Celeste in force powers, greater master, great affinity and much more knowledge of the force as a Grandmaster.

End result is up for grabs though. it really is a tough call.

Nephthys
Celeste overwhelmed an untrained Luke iirc. She thought so little of him she doubted he was actually a Jedi.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Celeste overwhelmed an untrained Luke iirc. She thought so little of him she doubted he was actually a Jedi.

Was that ESB Luke or Luke after ANH? i don't remember.

Also Neph did you vote on the poll? i ask because it's currently tied and you usually don't vote on the poll i think stick out tongue You might be the deciding vote until i make my next tourny battle wink

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Tough to call, but I'm leaning Satele.

Me too. And she is sexier. wink

Was that ESB Luke or Luke after ANH? i don't remember.

Wookieepedia says 1 ABY Luke.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nalaniel

LOL this isn't going to help you with Wildbantha hun stick out tongue

also thanks for the info

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nalaniel

See, this is why I love you

WildBantha88
As far as Sateles feats go, anyone who has actually read her comic books will know that she got the upper hand of Mekhis and only had about a two second fight with Angrel before the duel was ended for unrelated purposes.

Im not an expert on Celeste and Satele is my girl so its pretty obvioce where my vote is going.

Nalaniel
LOL this isn't going to help you with Wildbantha hun stick out tongue

Originally posted by WildBantha88
See, this is why I love you

cool

AncientPower
Leaning Satele, but it's damn close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.