Chronicles vs The Cullens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Can the three boys from Chronicles beat the Cullens?

Tattoos N Scars
I wouldn't think so. They are not fast enough to land any strikes. Bella would probably be able to shield her team from TK attacks. The Chronicle guys can stay airborne, so fight may end in draw as Cullen''s can't reach them.

Mindset
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I wouldn't think so. They are not fast enough to land any strikes. Bella would probably be able to shield her team from TK attacks. The Chronicle guys can stay airborne, so fight may end in draw as Cullen''s can't reach them. What do you mean they aren't fast enough to land any strikes?

KingD19
I wouldn't think so. They are not fast enough to land any strikes. Bella would probably be able to shield her team from TK attacks. The Chronicle guys can stay airborne, so fight may end in draw as Cullen''s can't reach them.

Bella's shield only protects against mental intrusion. She can't do jack diddly squat against telekinesis. The cullens get flung around while the Chronicle's just hover.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Mindset
What do you mean they aren't fast enough to land any strikes?

They don't move as fast as vampires, not even close.

KingD19
They don't move as fast as vampires, not even close.

They're powers are literally point and click though. The vamps are fast, but humans have reacted to them multiple times throughout the movies and can see them in action. The vamps can't dodge an invisible force instantly surrounding them.

Mindset
They don't move as fast as vampires, not even close. They don't need to move.

And it's not like vampires can see telekinesis.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Mindset
They don't need to move.

And it's not like vampires can see telekinesis.

Fair enough

How would Jasper's mood powers affect the Chronicle boys? He can apply it as fast as thry use telekinesis.

BloodRain
They're not as fast as vampires, but they were flying pretty dang fast. It won't be too difficult to tag them.

His powers can't stop a combat level of aggression, or at least never has been shown to.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
Bella's shield only protects against mental intrusion. She can't do jack diddly squat against telekinesis. The cullens get flung around while the Chronicle's just hover. Only a matter of time before one of the Twivamps uproot a tree and knock them out of the air. Cullens rape.

StealthRanger
With their Class 100+ strength amirite :zaru

Placidity
Telekinesis can be used on objects. Said objects include trees.

KingD19
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Only a matter of time before one of the Twivamps uproot a tree and knock them out of the air. Cullens rape.

And while they're working on uprooting that tree? They get TK ragdolled.

And I suppose the vamps are just gonna be swinging giant trees around like bats?

Time Immemorial

And I suppose the vamps are just gonna be swinging giant trees around like bats?

laughing laughing laughing

marwash22
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7nh6biAlS1r493dmo1_500.gif

vamps get compacted.

quanchi112
They don't move as fast as vampires, not even close. laughing out loud

Dummy.

SevenShackles
https://38.media.tumblr.com/01337a6e5b01bcba7bd714d31b8baf05/tumblr_mntdb3u2Wc1s4yfn5o1_500.gif
I think there are enough of the Cullen's to distract them and throw something really hard from a distance. Its not like they can't be caught off guard and I'd say the Cullens have the strength and speed to do it.

marwash22
except, the Chronicle boys can fly, which means the vamps literally can't touch them. Conversely, the vamps are susceptible to being picked off one by one via "force crush", etc.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by marwash22
except, the Chronicle boys can fly, which means the vamps literally can't touch them. Conversely, the vamps are susceptible to being picked off one by one via "force crush", etc.

What's the range on their powers? I don't remember if they could pull and push stuff from long distances. I only ask to get a idea on how far above/far they would need to be to hover and fling.

Mindset
Originally posted by SevenShackles
What's the range on their powers? I don't remember if they could pull and push stuff from long distances. They can.

KingD19
Also it's heavily implied they can influence weather patterns. Steve was killed when he was talking to Andrew in a storm. A bolt of lightning hit him and Matt knew Andrew did it.

Time Immemorial
https://38.media.tumblr.com/01337a6e5b01bcba7bd714d31b8baf05/tumblr_mntdb3u2Wc1s4yfn5o1_500.gif
I think there are enough of the Cullen's to distract them and throw something really hard from a distance. Its not like they can't be caught off guard and I'd say the Cullens have the strength and speed to do it.

Cullen's get shit stomps from flying maniacs from above

Time Immemorial

Where would the Cullen's pull a metal pole out their ass? Before or after they get trash compacted? laughing

TheVaultDweller
As long as the Chronicle kids stay airborne and keep their shields up, there isn't much the Cullen family can do.

Placidity
I guess it depends on whether they are aware of each other's abilities.

If not, Cullens could blitz.

KingD19
They could try and blitz, but the Chronicles will automatically put up their shields. And considering they tanked getting hit with city buses and knocked through buildings, the vamps don't have enough force to get through. Also they'll be sure to keep their shields up the entire time. Andrew only dropped his because he was still f*cked in the head, injured, and forgot about Matt to focus on the cops.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity
I guess it depends on whether they are aware of each other's abilities.

If not, Cullens could blitz. Cullens lose. Accept it.

Lestov16
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cullens lose. Accept it.

thumb up

Placidity
Cullens lose. Accept it.

What a ridiculous comment.

I've already argued against the Cullens.

I'm just being open minded, nothing to "accept".

Robtard
Originally posted by carver9
Can the three boys from Chronicles beat the Cullens? The three telekenetics have personal shields, can fly and have a form of Force-crush. Twivamps that crumble like broken marble are screwed here.

SevenShackles
I don't think the Cullen's have a huge change of winning but I don't think its a utter stomp. The vamps (I hate them btw) could catch them off guard. Everyone is saying they would be all the way in the sky and flinging them around but I'm thinking a bit more of how they would act in character and the Chronicles seem to be a bit more 'in yo face' despite their power sets.

KingD19
Every time they used their powers, it was manipulating things from a distance. Even a large majority of the end fight was them chucking shit at each other. And if they do decide to get up close, the Vamps can't really do anything. They can't break through their shields. Can't hurt them. And if they feel they're getting overwhelmed if they decide to stay on the ground, they can just fly. Chronicle Kids hold a majority of the advantages in this fight.

Mindset
I don't think the Cullen's have a huge change of winning but I don't think its a utter stomp. The vamps (I hate them btw) could catch them off guard. Everyone is saying they would be all the way in the sky and flinging them around but I'm thinking a bit more of how they would act in character and the Chronicles seem to be a bit more 'in yo face' despite their power sets. It's been awhile since I saw the movie, but I think this is wrong.

Robtard
So everyone agrees that the Twilight characters end up as queer little lumps sparkling in the sun. /thread

dadudemon
Well, wait.....

I think Chronicle peeps win because all that power and speed is null is they are picked up with TK.

How can they exert ANY power at all if they are picked up and then crushed?

That would be the fastest way to end the fight.

Unless this fight starts at less than 50 meters, there is no way or Twivamps to win.

Less than 50? Well...now the speed becomes a factor and we'd have to do some math to see if the Chronicle peeps can react fast enough to stop the vamps.

KingD19
Also between the three of them, they can pick up every single member of the Vampire side at once.

quanchi112
What a ridiculous comment.

I've already argued against the Cullens.

I'm just being open minded, nothing to "accept". No, you are reaching and trying to argue for Twilight. Be objective, nerd.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by dadudemon

Less than 50? Well...now the speed becomes a factor and we'd have to do some math to see if the Chronicle peeps can react fast enough to stop the vamps.

Well, Andrew went all Neo on the police and SWAT team that tried shooting him. Matt was also able to react fast enough to throw up a shield in the split second he had, when Andrew smashed him with a bus. So their reaction times are pretty decent. There is also the example of them stopping the baseballs they were throwing at each other, but the bullet and bus feats seem more impressive to me.

Also, considering their shields can tank buses, getting flung through buildings, cratering concrete etc. even if the vamps manage to get a hit in before they go airborne, chances are that they won't put any of the Chronicle boys down.

When you pit 3 telekinetics of Chronicle-level against a team that has no counter for tk, it tends to go badly for the team.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, Andrew went all Neo on the police and SWAT team that tried shooting him. Matt was also able to react fast enough to throw up a shield in the split second he had, when Andrew smashed him with a bus. So their reaction times are pretty decent. There is also the example of them stopping the baseballs they were throwing at each other, but the bullet and bus feats seem more impressive to me.

Also, considering their shields can tank buses, getting flung through buildings, cratering concrete etc. even if the vamps manage to get a hit in before they go airborne, chances are that they won't put any of the Chronicle boys down.

When you pit 3 telekinetics of Chronicle-level against a team that has no counter for tk, it tends to go badly for the team.
Forgot some of that, vamps are goners.

Placidity
No, you are reaching and trying to argue for Twilight. Be objective, nerd.

"Nerd"? Do you know how hard you are projecting?

Clearly you didn't read my first comment in this thread. Now that I've pointed it out to you, you suddenly realize what an idiot you are, but its your style to go full retard (your natural and only defense mechanism) when you realize are clearly wrong.

Now you will keep repeating the same rubbish in your next posts over and over just so you can try to save face on an internet forum. Easily predictable.

You've spent over 110,000 posts on an internet forum arguing and have probably been an adversarial douche your whole life, hence you have no friends. You idolize whichever fictional character of the day that strikes your homosexual fancy. At 35 years old, you have the maturity of a 15 year old, and you probably know it ain't going to change. You are a no-life loser, accept it.

Sure, you'll come back with a few retarded comments. But by now you are aware that I know you are nothing.

quanchi112

Clearly you didn't read my first comment in this thread. Now that I've pointed it out to you, you suddenly realize what an idiot you are, but its your style to go full retard (your natural and only defense mechanism) when you realize are clearly wrong.

Now you will keep repeating the same rubbish in your next posts over and over just so you can try to save face on an internet forum. Easily predictable.

You've spent over 110,000 posts on an internet forum arguing and have probably been an adversarial douche your whole life, hence you have no friends. You idolize whichever fictional character of the day that strikes your homosexual fancy. At 35 years old, you have the maturity of a 15 year old, and you probably know it ain't going to change. You are a no-life loser, accept it.

Sure, you'll come back with a few retarded comments. But by now you are aware that I know you are nothing. You seem really upset.m I definitely struck a nerve, nerd. Chronicles win. Accept it already, dork.

dadudemon

If we go with the high-end feats for the Twi-vamps, they have a sprint speed between 200-600 MPH.

If we go with Edward's ridiculous running feat, it's 5,000-10,000 MPH.

I'm more comfortable with the 200-600 range. There seems to be more feats in that range.

I believe that at less than 50 feet, there becomes a "speed blitz" issue that may prevent this fight from occurring. Meaning, if the fighters start at less than 50 feet, the far faster vamps may be able to speed blitz. Their ability to run super-fast is instant: there appears to be no acceleration before they reach their top speed. Obviously, there has to be but it is not visibly observable from the movies.

So I'd like the Twivamp Camp to give me an example of a visual speed feat and the Chronicle Camp to give me an example of reaction speed and I'll do the math on both and come up with the distance at which the Chronicle people get speed blitzed. Let us ignore that Edward ran to Phoenix in the first film.

RJ 2.0

And I suppose the vamps are just gonna be swinging giant trees around like bats? Lol, no. They are too fast and it took Edward less than a second to uproot a huge tree. It doesn't even have to be a tree, it can be a baseball sized rock.

Alice sees the future flawlessly and Edward can read minds. They will both know what happens WAY in advance. Add on that Jasper can reduce a human to a drooling retard, and.......yeah.

TheVaultDweller
Well, telekinesis is thought based, so unless the vamps can literally move faster than the speed of thought, they will still just run into tk shields. It really isn't even a situation of trying to react to the vampires' movement. The moment the fight starts they just think "tk shield", and that's that.

Pretty much every time one of the Chronicle boys were ready, their shield was up and active in an instant. It's really hard to gauge how fast they pull up an invisible barrier. Best examples are probably the bus hit and the bullets though.

During the end fight, Andrew makes his "apex predator" comment again, and then nails Matt with a bus. Matt literally had less than a full second between turning to face the bus and then getting hit. And he pulled up a shield in that moment.

The bullet one is a bit harder to gauge. Andrew doesn't do his normal shield. Basically they open fire, and in that instant he throws up his hands and blocks a continuous barrage of bullets. So not really sure how measure that one.

We really need more fleshed out details with regards to the fight if we want to make any kind of case for the vamps winning. As it stands, I stick by my stance that the Chronicle boys take it.

Like I said though, seeing as they know they will be entering a fight, throwing up tk shields won't be dependent on reacting to the Cullens. They will just think shield and they will be protected.

RJ 2.0
Can the Chronicles guys throw up a TK shield AND attack at the same time?

KingD19
Yes. As long as they think of having the shield up, it's up. It's like a skin tight force field. When they were tossing each other through buildings and throwing buses their shields were up.

TheVaultDweller

Well, I can't think of a specific example, off the top of my head, of them say throwing a car while holding a shield (though it is implied that their shields were up the whole time), but the fact that they can use their tk to zip around at high speeds, while holding their shields up and crashing through buildings, indicates that they can. It shows that they can lift and manipulate mass at high velocity while simultaneously protecting themselves. Andrew's tk in particular was quite beastly. Right before the massive PIS moment where he dies, he goes into full rage mode and basically causes a mini-earthquake in the immediate area. I really don't know why Carver thought this match was a good idea...

Edit: The scary thing about those 3 is that they didn't even have their powers for that long. Maybe a few months tops. At the rate they were developing, I genuinely think that they would have reached city buster levels if they had like another year or so to develop their abilities. Andrew was already showing signs of large area effects towards the end of the film.

FrothByte

As far as I know they had their TK shields up the entire time they were fighting each other.

KingD19

Edit: The scary thing about those 3 is that they didn't even have their powers for that long. Maybe a few months tops. At the rate they were developing, I genuinely think that they would have reached city buster levels if they had like another year or so to develop their abilities. Andrew was already showing signs of large area effects towards the end of the film.

And Steve was more powerful than both of them. He would have been a beast in that final fight. Also Andrew was manipulating weather patterns so the extent of what they could theoretically evolve into is massive.

RJ 2.0
Well, I can't think of a specific example, off the top of my head, of them say throwing a car while holding a shield (though it is implied that their shields were up the whole time), but the fact that they can use their tk to zip around at high speeds, while holding their shields up and crashing through buildings, indicates that they can. It shows that they can lift and manipulate mass at high velocity while simultaneously protecting themselves. Andrew's tk in particular was quite beastly. Right before the massive PIS moment where he dies, he goes into full rage mode and basically causes a mini-earthquake in the immediate area. I really don't know why Carver thought this match was a good idea...

Edit: The scary thing about those 3 is that they didn't even have their powers for that long. Maybe a few months tops. At the rate they were developing, I genuinely think that they would have reached city buster levels if they had like another year or so to develop their abilities. Andrew was already showing signs of large area effects towards the end of the film. So that's a no.

KingD19
It's a yes.

TheVaultDweller
And Steve was more powerful than both of them. He would have been a beast in that final fight. Also Andrew was manipulating weather patterns so the extent of what they could theoretically evolve into is massive.

Well, Steve seemed to potentially have the most brute strength, seeing as he was already tking things the size of cars and flying before the other two were. But Andrew had the most fine control, and was the most creative with his powers. Matt was the weakest of the three, yet he survives at the end. Go figure. It just goes to show though, he was the weakest, but his tk shield was still strong enough to tank a bus crushing him into the side of a building. That should tell you how powerful these three are.

Supposedly there is actually a sequal in the works. Not sure what they are going to do story-wise, considering only one of the original three is still alive. Maybe they will explore the weirdass object that actually gave the three their powers, its origins etc. more. I am actually pretty keen on a sequel to this film.

So that's a no.

I really have no idea how you got "No" out of my post. Their flight is based off of them using their TK to lift and propel themselves at high speeds. And they did this while shielding themselves from things like cars, buses, getting thrown through buildings etc. If they can do it to themselves, they can do it to others as well. And then there is the fact that they did appear to have their shields up throughout the entire last fight, while they were flinging things about. I just can't say with utter 100% certainty, seeing as their TK is invisible. But either their shields were active the entire time they were fighting each other, or they can raise and drop them so fast that they might as well be active nonstop.

maxivitopowe

Sure, you'll come back with a few retarded comments. But by now you are aware that I know you are nothing.

Hey don't go disparaging fifteen year Olds

gsxrr25
TK all day for the WIN.

RJ 2.0
Well, Steve seemed to potentially have the most brute strength, seeing as he was already tking things the size of cars and flying before the other two were. But Andrew had the most fine control, and was the most creative with his powers. Matt was the weakest of the three, yet he survives at the end. Go figure. It just goes to show though, he was the weakest, but his tk shield was still strong enough to tank a bus crushing him into the side of a building. That should tell you how powerful these three are.

Supposedly there is actually a sequal in the works. Not sure what they are going to do story-wise, considering only one of the original three is still alive. Maybe they will explore the weirdass object that actually gave the three their powers, its origins etc. more. I am actually pretty keen on a sequel to this film.

I really have no idea how you got "No" out of my post. Their flight is based off of them using their TK to lift and propel themselves at high speeds. And they did this while shielding themselves from things like cars, buses, getting thrown through buildings etc. If they can do it to themselves, they can do it to others as well. And then there is the fact that they did appear to have their shields up throughout the entire last fight, while they were flinging things about. I just can't say with utter 100% certainty, seeing as their TK is invisible. But either their shields were active the entire time they were fighting each other, or they can raise and drop them so fast that they might as well be active nonstop. You do realize that Alice can see the future, yes? And that when she does, she'll grab whatever is near her and knock them out of the air, yes?

Moot, because before they take flight, the Chronicles team will be speed blitzed and torn to pieces.

TheVaultDweller
You do realize that Alice can see the future, yes? And that when she does, she'll grab whatever is near her and knock them out of the air, yes?

Seeing yourself being telekinetically ragdolled doesn't exactly help you much when you have no way to counter said tk. And they were dodging the cars they were flinging at each other while flying around. The only reason Matt got hit by that bus was because Andrew blindside-cheapshotted him while he was trying to calm Andrew down.

Moot, because before they take flight, the Chronicles team will be speed blitzed and torn to pieces.

The weakest of the 3's tk shield was strong enough to completely tank a city bus crushing him into the side of a large building. Andrew and Matt also crashed through other buildings, and at one stage crashed into the ground, cratering concrete. And neither of them were injured by it. So how exactly are they knocking these 3 out of the air, or tearing them apart?

TheVaultDweller
Basically, for there to be a case of the vampires seriously hurting any of them, you'd have to prove that they can dish out significantly more damage than the following, seeing as the weakest of the 3 tanked this without any damage whatsoever:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-01-2014/B1vSoa.gif

Or otherwise, prove that the vampires are fast enough to blitz the 3 before they can literally think "shield", the moment the match starts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.