PT Team vs OT Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Yoda
Mace
Dooku
TPM Maul

vs

ROTJ Sidious
ROTJ Vader
ROTJ Luke
ANH Kenobi

Two Jedi, two Sith per team. Neutral ground. Who takes it?

Zett
PT in my opinion. I have no idea if ROTS Sidious is better then his ROTS self. His knowledge might be a bit deeper, but his body is weaker at that point. I guess his chances against Yoda are still about 50/50.
Vader is a great force user and another - next to Sidious a solid point of his team. But I don't see him winning majority against Mace or Dooku. He may be a superior Force user, but he's not far above them. In that way, it will be decided by lightsaber duel mostly. And I consider both Dooku and Windu as his superiors as duelists. Even Maul is a bit above him in that department.
Kenobi and Luke are inferior to everyone in PT team.

carthage
An argument can be made for either side.

But I think team 2 takes a majority.

Vader is superior to Mace in power, durability, and TK- they're even in speed and Mace is more skilled. Vaapad isn't helping him against him and Vader can take him while the Emperor blitzes and kills Tyranus and Maul

Even if you don't subscribe to the notion of the Emperor's speed, Luke is at least as fast as Maul and can hold his own against him for a bit.

Team 2 should take this 6-7/10

FreshestSlice
RotJ Sidious is also definitely more powerful than RotS Sidious.

carthage
Hard to say. imo

FreshestSlice
He may not be as fast, but he has much greater Dark Side mastery as well as Force Storm by this point. His knowledge of the Force is far superior.

carthage
There is no evidence for a decline in speed. He just didn't need his saber anymore for the most part.

Nephthys
Yeah but he was over 80 by this point. I'd imagine he would be a bit slower.

NewGuy01
He also grew more powerful in the Force, though. Besides, Sidious in RotJ was a clone--Likely very young, but ravaged by the effects of his immense dark side powah.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He also grew more powerful in the Force, though. Besides, Sidious in RotJ was a clone--Likely very young, but ravaged by the effects of his immense dark side powah.

Didn't Sidious just lie to Luke by saying that?

NewGuy01
No? It's has been demonstratably true.

Nephthys
I thought it was implied at best?

NewGuy01
Sidious said at the beginning of DE that RotJ was not the first time that he had died, and it has been demonstrated in-panel that his young bodies quickly assumed the decrepit form because of his power. I don't see any reason to find that to be lacking evidence.

Trocity
Bump

Hero of Python
On neutral ground Yoda would be able to hold his own versus DE Sidious, for a time at least. So RotJ Sids shouldn't really be an issue.
Dooku and Maul will beat Luke and Ben more often than not.

Mace has shatterpoint which may disable Vader, not to mention vapaad.

And like I said, at worst Yoda and Sidious kill each other.

I'm going with Team 1.

Stigma
PT team.

WildBantha88
Isn't Yoda a better duelist than Sid?

ILS
Probably the OT team.

Arhael
On team 2 Luke and possibly Kenobi as well can be taken out by Force.

On team 1 only Maul is a weak link but he should be able at least tank whatever Force attacks come at him. Yoda, Windu and Dooku is enough to defeat Sidious and Vader.

FreshestSlice
Still the OT Team.

Arhael
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Isn't Yoda a better duelist than Sid?
No.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael
On team 2 Luke and possibly Kenobi as well can be taken out by Force.

I like to think Kenobi's improved in the Force by ANH. He's old enough to have learned enough by then.

And perhaps that's why Vader didn't just take him out with the Force. Not that he couldn't, but perhaps it wouldn't have been much easier than a Saber fight.

Arhael
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I like to think Kenobi's improved in the Force by ANH. He's old enough to have learned enough by then.

And perhaps that's why Vader didn't just take him out with the Force. Not that he couldn't, but perhaps it wouldn't have been much easier than a Saber fight.

Yes, I want that to be true as well.

SunRazer
Vader just sometimes neglects to use the Force in duels.

But Obi-Wan canonically grew in power after RotS.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
An argument can be made for either side.

But I think team 2 takes a majority.

thumb up

Kosmos Supreme
OT Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.