Dark Avengers Molecule Man runs the growing gauntlet of Elders...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In identical fashoin to some of my recent threads, Dark Avengers Owen takes on the Elders of the Universe in a growing gauntlet; once one round of combat is completed, the next begins immediately with no rest or recovery time for Owen...the Elders are restored to full strength after every round however.

All fights are to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

How far does Dark Avengers Molecule Man get?

1) Champion...
2) Champion+Collector...
3) Champion+Collector+Gardener...
4) Champion+Collector+Gardener+Runner...
5) Champion+Collector+Gardener+Runner+Grandmaster...
6) Champion+Collector+Gardener+Runner+Grandmaster+Ego

zopzop
Stops at 4.

Runner's speed and "likeability" aura would end the mentally unstable Owen. DAMM wrecks 1 through 3 without effort though.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Stops at 4.

Runner's speed and "likeability" aura would end the mentally unstable Owen. DAMM wrecks 1 through 3 without effort though.

I forgot about Runners aura...

I think him stopping at 4 is very reasonable as a result...

thumb up

Enzeru
I can already see a certain idiot stating that he can't get past round 6 by default, because Ego is a planet and Dark Avengers Molecule Man was only capable of operating on a city wide scale.

He might stop at 4, if he doesn't have a way to deal with the Runner properly. If he has an answer for Runner, then I say he clears or at the very least makes it to round 6.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Enzeru
I can already see a certain idiot stating that he can't get past round 6 by default, because Ego is a planet and Dark Avengers Molecule Man was only capable of operating on a city wide scale.

He might stop at 4, if he doesn't have a way to deal with the Runner properly. If he has an answer for Runner, then I say he clears or at the very least makes it to round 6.

I can see that as well...

thumb up

zopzop

He's not beating Grandmaster.

Tony Stark
Clears it

Branlor Swift
he can't get past round 6 by default, because Ego is a planet and Dark Avengers Molecule Man was only capable of operating on a city wide scale. Good point.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Good point.
thumb up ... but, it was actually a town-wide scale, so meh.

... credits to Galan, Operator, Kurb, and others including myself for proving this on panel fact.

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19816595_Owen_limited1.jpg

http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/19816597_Owen_limted2.jpg

In the first on panel truth, Owen literally gauges the scale he controls by using a reference:

"I control the molecules of the world, well, the ones around me."

Translation for the laymen: I can't control molecules on a global scale! ... only molecules around me.
I mean, Norman had come into "his world" (close enough to him) to be affected by Owen.
The same detail applies to all the Avengers he owned. All at close range.

Second scan: Bendis again, tells us basically the same shit via another character named Victoria Hand.

** I'm not going to entertain this done debate, since those scans eliminate that potential anyway. stoned

Enzeru
Originally posted by Mr Master

... credits to Galan, Operator, Kurb, and others including myself for proving this on panel fact.

In the first on panel truth, Owen literally gauges the scale he controls by using a reference:

Translation for the laymen: I can't control molecules on a global scale! ... only molecules around me.
I mean, Norman had come into "his world" (close enough to him) to be affected by Owen.

Second scan: Bendis again, tells us basically the same shit via another character named Victoria Hand.

** I'm not going to entertain this done debate, since those scans eliminate that potential anyway. stoned

Your stupidity doesn't know any limits, you god damn liar.

Here is the actual breakdown of the events and the plot reasoning in the Dark Avengers comic with the Molecule Man - everything you said is straight up nonsense, which you're making up, because you have the reading and comprehension skills of a 5 year old:

That's so hilarious, man. I went in-depth to debunk all that nonsense of yours and you're still at it big grin Okay, I will do it again.

Your argument is basically the following nonsense in disguise:

"Well, Molecule Man affected molecule matter on a +universal scale and since he lost to Sentry there is no way in hell he could have been that powerful anymore! Therefore he was depowered and could only affect a city and wanted to lose on top of that."

THAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT! And here are my arguments why what you're saying is utter bullshit:

1. Molecule Man's power level was not limited to a city-scale.
The reason why he was operating inside the city was because he grew up in that city and went back to it, to live there in peace. He was only affecting intruders to protect his home.

^ Stated on panel multiple times. Actually read the comic.

2. Molecule Man was making direct hints at his actual power level from the past by asking Daken how he was able to fight past his molecule manipulation. He then realized that he was only able to do that, because he is the son of Wolverine and Wolverine's healing factor somewhat protected him from the molecule manipulation in the past.
Molecule Man still turned Daken into a tree and the Adamantium inside Bullseyes body into liquid. (Note that he was affecting organic matter, something older versions of the Molecule Man were not able to do due to mental issues.)

3. If we for some reason translate your so called city-scaled limitation of Molecule Man's power into regular power, would that mean that heralds like the Sentry (at least high herald) can be killed by city-scaled explosions?
Because that's what Molecule Man did to the Sentry. He blew him up into many, many pieces. No one with power on a city-wide scale does that to a high herald level being at least. No one.

Molecule Man was perfectly fine.

Molecule Man lost, because he wasn't able to deal with Sentry's power. He was yelling at him, asking him how he was doing that to him. Molecule Man was in pain and was forced to revert everything back to normal. Then he got BFR'ed / killed / turned into a werewolf / whatever by the Sentry.
He lost that encounter straight up. Nothing implied that he wanted to get destroyed other than his self-created mirror images telling him that he wants to be found and killed, which he was denying it and saying that he only protects his home.

Everything has been explained in the comic. What you're doing is not only ignoring the dialogue of the characters in the comic, but also making own assumptions and all of that, because you think that Sentry beating Molecule Man is PIS.

It's not PIS... Spider-Man beating Firelord is PIS, because it happens only for the sake of the plot and without Spider-Man ever backing it up later on. The only reason it's there is to let the plot roll and in such cases the plot rolls over corpses.
When it comes to the Sentry however, the Molecule Man instance didn't really serve much more purpose than to show how insanely powerful the Sentry really is. A character, who has been called godlike and omnipotent multiple times prior to that. character that has been hyped up for years, finally lived up to his hype and in the end of the day it ended up being plot development for that character to establish him as the final boss of the Dark Reign / Siege saga.

And here is even more stuff, that exposes Mr. Master as a pathetic, butthurt liar:

Molecule Man created illusions of few powerful Marvel characters around him. They were talking all kind of weird stuff to him. Like for example one illusion told him that what Victoria Hand was telling him made sense, while another illusion told him that she was lying and that he should kill her.
One illusion said that Molecule Man only wanted to be left alone, while one illusion said that he wants to be found and lose the fight.

NOW YOU HAVE SOMEONE LIKE MR. MASTER SEEING THAT ONE STATEMENT OF AN ILLUSION, WHICH IS BASICALLY ONLY MOLECULE MAN'S MIND PLAYING TRICKS ON HIM ...
... and he still picks that one statement, which is in a sea of many. All the other stuff the illusions said and Molecule Man denied or refused to follow become totally unimportant for someone like Mr. Master and that one statement, that says that he wants to lose becomes everything! Even though Molecule Man himself denied that over and over and over again. Even though Molecule Man himself tried fighting back at the end, but simply couldn't, because the Sentry overpowered him.

Come on guys, I can't be the only one, who sees the total madness that is being discussed here!

Molecule Man didn't want to die in that fight. He was fighting until his last breath. He simply got overpowered.
Now if Molecule Man kept on screaming "Kill me, Kill me, I want to die", the way Robert Reynolds did it in the end of the Siege on Asgard, we would have a discussion here, but Molecule Man straight up lost.

Galan007
Enzeru, can you please answer this next question with a 'yes' or 'no' only...

did owen display a scope of influence beyond city-level during dark avengers?

Enzeru
Originally posted by Galan007
Enzeru, can you please answer this next question with a 'yes' or 'no' only...

did owen display a scope of influence beyond city-level during dark avengers?

This is for you:

Yes.

This is for everyone else, who is interested in the topic:

I... already did? He used his power to rip a +high herald apart. Someone, who operates on a city-wide scale doesn't do that.
On top of that: That's not even my main argument for Molecule Man being above that.

The problem is that a bunch of lowballers and downgraders here lie about facts in comics - they're not twisting stuff, they're straight up ignoring context. They lie about the context.

My main argument is that "Molecule Man was only operating on a city-wide scale" in Dark Avengers, because he was only interested in that city. He said that so many times in the comic. He said, that it was his hometown and he wanted to be left alone there. That he was only punishing the intruders. His power wasn't limited to the city.

But the lowballers and downgraders on KMC absolutely ignore that on panel fact-statement. They don't even pay attention to it. All they pay attention to is him saying that he is only controlling the molecules around him.
Then when you confront them with his other showing, where Molecule Man (a very powerful older version) got beat, because he got entrapped in a bubble without molecules, where he couldn't do anything inside, they choose to ignore that showing as well.

This board is full of frauds, who not only know how to properly argue comic book events, but they also lie about them in order to get their will through.

Mr Master

Your stupidity doesn't know any limits, you god damn liar.

Here is the actual breakdown of the events and the plot reasoning in the Dark Avengers comic with the Molecule Man - everything you said is straight up nonsense, which you're making up, because you have the reading and comprehension skills of a 5 year old:

And here is even more stuff, that exposes Mr. Master as a pathetic, butthurt liar:
facepalm ... "Success breeds hate" it's said, so, I'm not surprised by this childish antic.

Anyway yawn ...

Just about everyone that participated in this 20+ page thread agreed with Galan/Opr and so forth:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=586506&pagenumber=8

Here's a hilarious quote from this eager troll we've been germinated with.

Quote was owned by Rao:

my IQ is: 128. That's very well above average.

One would have to combine the IQ's of people like Darkone, Mr. Master, wolverinos, Insane Titan and Galan007

to even come close to my level of intelligence and comprehension .
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

128? That it?

I do not know Galan's or Mr. M's IQ,

but what ever it is they know more about comics than Albert Einstein.

IQ does not count as comic knowledge... just saying
stoned

Mr Master
Originally posted by Troll

But the lowballers and downgraders on KMC absolutely ignore that on panel fact-statement.
They don't even pay attention to it.
All they pay attention to is him saying that he is only controlling the molecules around him.

Then when you confront them with his other showing,
where Molecule Man (a very powerful older version) got beat,
because he got entrapped in a bubble without molecules,
where he couldn't do anything inside
De-powered (can't control organic molecules or warp space-time)

Owen Reece loses to Aaron due to ridiculous jobbing: (on a cartoon scale)

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10373595_MM5.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10373598_MM6.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10373602_MM7.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10373605_MM9.jpg

If yall actually read the scans you'll notice ...

Owen was clowning around the entire fight, and jobbing into a loss,
even telling Aaron his weakness concerning organic molecules,
even waiting for Aaron to attack to show off by re-directing what Aaron threw at em.

For jobbing and waiting like an idiot for Aaron to attack, he lost.

------------------------------------------------

Awaiting the next excuse.
Originally posted by Troll

This board is full of frauds,
who not only know how to properly argue comic book events,
but they also lie about them in order to get their will through.
You should find another forum then if you feel this way.

Otherwise, your public hate filled scrutiny of KMC is out of line.

Enzeru
Oh well, at least you tried.

Delta1938
facepalm ... "Success breeds hate" it's said, so, I'm not surprised by this childish antic.

Anyway yawn ...

Just about everyone that participated in this 20+ page thread agreed with Galan/Opr and so forth:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=586506&pagenumber=8

Here's a hilarious quote from this eager troll we've been germinated with.

Quote was owned by Rao:

stoned

His quote on his IQ and you'd have to combine several people to come close to him? If he literally means to combine all their IQ, that means he thinks those posters have an average IQ of just under 25.

Galan007
not sure why you're getting so upset, Enzeru..? smile

this is my stance:
we know owen's abilities vary(greatly) in accordance with his mental stability. this is important because during DA, owen was probably at the most mentally unstable i've ever seen him--creating various characters within his city/warp, of whom represented his various personalities/moods. he also alluded to his range of influence being rather limited(city-level, in terms of feats), as opposed to the *unbounded* range of influence that he's displayed at his mentally stable peak.

so unless you believe that sentry was intended to be a multiversal+ power during dark reign/siege(if you do, i'm done with this debate, btw, as that is sheer idiocy), then we must conclude that owen's mental instability significantly neutered his overall power during DA--this, again, is why he didn't display a range of influence beyond city-level. now, i'm not saying that owen still wasn't quite powerful within his city/warp--heck, i could see the argument for him being ranked as a low-skyfather, judging by how effortlessly he dispersed sentry the first few times--but he was unquestionably far, far inferior to his nigh-omnipotent/multiversal+ mentally *stable* incarnation, that's for sure.

as for a 'city-level' character not being able to own sentry: you're not thinking 4th dimensionally smile. think of DA owen's city as a much more scaled down version of MJJ's warp. remember, 616 MJJ only warped a single universe on-panel, but he was still nearly all-powerful within that warp--not even omniversal powers, with a range of influence infinitely beyond what he had displayed at the time, could stop him. ie. the range of one's warp is not always indicative of one's power withIN said warp. ja feel? smile

carver9
Could clear tbh. When did he try to expend his power pass city levels. Was it stated that's how far his scope in power is? If it was stated then there's no disputing it, if not, then why cap his power with assumptions?

Mr Master
@carver9 ... below:
Originally posted by Mr M

http://s5d2.turboimagehost.com/t/19819332_Owen_limited1.jpg

Owen literally gauges the scale he controls by using a reference:

this is my stance:
we know owen's abilities vary(greatly) in accordance with his mental stability. this is important because during DA, owen was probably at the most mentally unstable i've ever seen him--creating various characters within his city/warp, of whom represented his various personalities/moods. he also alluded to his range of influence being rather limited(city-level, in terms of feats), as opposed to the *unbounded* range of influence that he's displayed at his peak.

so unless you believe that sentry was intended to be a multiversal+ power during dark reign/siege(if you do, i'm done with this debate, btw, as that is sheer idiocy), then we must conclude that owen's mental instability significantly neutered his overall power during DA--this, again, is why he didn't display a range of influence beyond city-level. now, i'm not saying that owen still wasn't quite powerful within his city/warp--heck, i could see the argument for him being ranked as a low-skyfather, judging by how effortlessly he dispersed sentry the first few times--but he was unquestionably far, far inferior to his nigh-omnipotent 'peak'/mentally *stable* incarnation, that's for sure.

as for a 'city-level' being not being able to own sentry: you're not thinking 4th dimensionally smile. think of DA owen's city as a much more scaled down version of MJJ's warp. remember, 616 MJJ only warped a single universe on-panel, but he was still nearly all-powerful within that warp--not even omniversal powers, with a scope of influence infinitely beyond what he had displayed at the time, could stop him. ie. the range of one's warp is not always indicative of one's power withIN said warp.
thumb up ... and ... beautiful analogy.

I said this before: Owen didn't vaporize Sentry with an energy blast,
something a Thanos, or Odin would commonly use to crack Sentry.

Owen used his power (unstable or not) at close range to disperse Sentry's molecules,
and then he put them back together twice.
Regardless that Sentry's made of unique molecules, he's still made of molecules nonetheless,
and that falls right into Owen's power. (unstable or not)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Delta1938
His quote on his IQ and you'd have to combine several people to come close to him? If he literally means to combine all their IQ, that means he thinks those posters have an average IQ of just under 25.

Not long ago people were taking IQ tests in the internet an linked the results on their FB pages. The lowest one, from the people in my f-list, was 125 and the highest beyond 140.I guess we live in a world of geniuses...

Delta1938
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Not long ago people were taking IQ tests in the internet an linked the results on their FB pages. The lowest one, from the people in my f-list, was 125 and the highest beyond 140.I guess we live in a world of geniuses...

But since all those posters he cited only approach him with their combined IQ, I guess KMC got all the inbreds. Enzeru is here to save us all. He'll be teaching us how to make fire and giving us the wheel tomorrow. Thursday he'll be teaching us, "What not to put in your mouth."

Branlor Swift
Enzeru is the savior of us all.

While us retards use simple things like comics to try and prove a retarded point. He uses the power of his vast and wonderful mind to make up reasons why he's right. I'm just glad he let's us know constantly that everyone is retarded but him. Can't be getting too big of a head with Stephen "Enzeru" Hawking around.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/LaoMO.gif

Enzeru
not sure why you're getting so upset, Enzeru..? smile

Ignorance bothers me.

so unless you believe that sentry was intended to be a multiversal+ power during dark reign/siege

I've never stated that, so that's just your simplistic thought process, which leads you to that assumption.

I'm not saying that Dark Avengers Molecule Man was at his multiversal levels from before. What I'm saying is that he was powerful enough to rip +high heralds apart, on a molecular level and physically judging by the portrayal of his last attack against the Sentry.

To do something like that you have to be vastly above anything city-wide scale related. That's something translevel characters would do.

For me Dark Avengers Molecule Man was a translevel character and he got beat by the Sentry, who ended up being translevel as well (also confirmed by his fights against the Void and Void's fights against high heralds).

Molecule Man's power was not limited to a city-wide scale. Him stating that he controls the molecules around him, doesn't mean that he can only affect a city. That is absolutely flawed arguing and everyone, who comes up with such a statement deserves to be laughed at and that's what I'm doing to Mr. Master and his-alike.

Molecule Man was only operating on a city-wide-scale in that arc, because he was only interesting in that city. It was his hometown and he wanted to be left alone there. He was protecting it from intruders. That's what was stated more often than him affecting molecules around him. I really don't even understand how anyone can even come up with the assumption that he is operating on a city-wide-scale, because ... it's such a stupid argument.

http://i.imgur.com/LaoMO.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k&feature=player_detailpage#t=39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zn7-fVtT16k#t=78

Delta1938
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Enzeru is the savior of us all.

While us retards use simple things like comics to try and prove a retarded point. He uses the power of his vast and wonderful mind to make up reasons why he's right. I'm just glad he let's us know constantly that everyone is retarded but him. Can't be getting too big of a head with Stephen "Enzeru" Hawking around.

Oh but when he leaves? What will we do? Will we become the Internet cargo cults and make Rule 34 Sentry fan art and slash fanfic in hopes of bringing great Enzeru back?

TedKordJRBOSS

"I control the molecules of the world, well, the ones
around me."

** I'm not going to entertain this done debate, since those scans eliminate that potential anyway. stoned Enzeru is correct

Galan007
ah, yes. i'd forgotten that Enzeru completely and utterly ignores irrefutable evidence and replaces it with his own interpretations of the events at hand... and then calls everyone else stupid.

lol @ me for wasting the time to intelligibly respond here. i'm out.

http://byt.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mic-Drop.gif

Enzeru
i'd forgotten that Enzeru completely and utterly ignores irrefutable evidence and replaces it with his own interpretations of the events at hand... and then calls everyone else stupid.

The thing is that my explanation of the context holds MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more value to it, than your assumptions.

Your assumptions are on the level of stupid as TheSorrow stating that the Sentry was mentally stable, because he was smiling during the WW Hulk event. I've provided more than enough context to prove how it really was in the comic.

You say that Molecule Man was operating on a city-wide scale, because he said that he manipulates the molecules around him. Judging by that statement it could also mean that he manipulates the molecules 5 yards around him.
I've provided more than enough context to prove how it really was in the comic.

Yes, get out of this thread and never come back. What stands in the end is that everyone, who actually reads comics and doesn't have the thinking pattern of a fool, will completely understand what was up in the Dark Avengers arc. Especially with Bendis even stating that Molecule Man wasn't depowered, LOL!

I'm out as well. I'm done destroying fools in this thread.

Badabing
Enzeru, stop the bashing and flaming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.