Pokken Tournament (Pokemon and Tekken collaboration)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
This... legendary fighter by Namco had been rumored for awhile now, and now it's finally happening. Go Machamp!

p7Cs4L1JALY

ScreamPaste
Wait, really? Holy shit **** yes.

Martian_mind
So down for this.

Ridley_Prime
At the moment it'll just be an arcade game in Japan, but you know how Namco is. Tekken started out the same way, aye? It'll surely be ported to the Wii U at some point eventually.

Anyway, hoping for Mega Mewtwo X, although it may likely just be a boss, but I'll likely take whatever fighting types/dual fighting type Pokemon we get with open arms.

Zack Fair
Never heard of it, but it sounds awesome.

Lek Kuen
Knowing namco we won't get console port until 2017

Ridley_Prime
I wonder how late that'd be in the Wii U's lifespan.

Bentley
Great, I love fighting games but I've never cared much for Tekken.

Still, sounds neat!

ScreamPaste
It'd probably be sooner, I'm betting 2015-1016, I really want this damned game, lol.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It'd probably be sooner, I'm betting 2015-1016, I really want this damned game, lol.

Naw 2015 is the arcade game so pretty much for sure not getting it that year. Namco tends to take atleast a year for console ports to maximum their arcade investment

Their last two games being 1 and 2 years out before console port.

So 2016 at the earliest if it is very well received and they rush it

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I wonder how late that'd be in the Wii U's lifespan. Yeah.

Lek Kuen
Likely at the end of it. Would be a neat last big game

Estacado
Not much of a pokemon fan but this looks cool!

NemeBro
It'd probably be sooner, I'm betting 2015-1016, I really want this damned game, lol. You're talked more shit about Tekken and other traditional fighters than anyone I've ever met.

Yet someone slaps a Pokemon skin on Tekken and suddenly you're excited?

What a shallow ******.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're talked more shit about Tekken and other traditional fighters than anyone I've ever met.

Yet someone slaps a Pokemon skin on Tekken and suddenly you're excited?

What a shallow ******. Cite pls.

NemeBro
Cite pls. Remember when I recommended BlazBlue and Guilty Gear to you and you declined because it's a shitty "traditional" fighter and not at all special snowflake like Smash Brothers?

ScreamPaste
Actually, no, I don't remember that. Didn't you say some crap a long time ago about Smash Bros not being a 'real' fighting game or something, though? mmm

Want this game, anyway.

Zack Fair
I hope it's not another jugglefest.

NemeBro
Actually, no, I don't remember that. Didn't you say some crap a long time ago about Smash Bros not being a 'real' fighting game or something, though? mmm

Want this game, anyway. No, I don't think I did. Unless I was trolling you. Not that that's at all relevant, mind you.

I've exposed you for the superficial coward you are.

Bentley
Guilty Gear is legit, but I never got into 3D fighting games.

Scream isn't superficial! He has liked Dynasty Warrior forever before Hyrule Warriors was announced!

NemeBro
I don't think that's true.

Bentley
I don't think that's true.

Well, then you might be right biscuits

The Scenario
Looks pretty neat. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Sacred 117
Maining Blaziken (probably)!

Zack Fair
It will probably suck though.

NemeBro
Originally posted by The Scenario
Looks pretty neat. I'm not a huge fan of fighting games, but maybe I'll give it a shot. Not you too...

Lek Kuen
Not you too...

It's Nintendo! Therefor it is automatically better!

Sacred 117
Not you too...

Play with us, NemeBro!

Originally posted by Lek Kuen

I find it a little weird how Nintendo's basically becoming an invasive species... EVEN ON ITSELF.

Seriously, it was announced earlier today that Link (character) and the Blue Falcon (vehicle) would be available in a DLC pack for Mario Kart 8.

I don't know why, but I'm kinda f**king excited about that! haermm

Wei Phoenix
I love Tekken and I like Pokemon but this game doesn't excite me at all. I'm not knocking it, I suppose I'll try it but it doesn't look like a $50-60 game for me.

Zack Fair
Plot twist: I haven't bothered with watching the vid.

Bentley
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Plot twist: I haven't bothered with watching the vid.

It looks... Ok. Fast paced, nice animations (still a bit stiff in some character movements), but the battle scenes are cut so you don't quite get the battle pace.

What bothers me is that it seems that they are going for more realistic physics, and in my eyes Pokemon should go stupid MarvelvsCapcom style. I want my Machamp to throw a hill-sized boulder at people, is that too much to ask?

Nintendo better do a Machamp Amiibo based on this.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Heh.

In all seriousness though, it is kinda annoying/disheartening seeing how many there are that normally don't give two shits about traditional fighters, only to act suddenly interested when one of them is given the Poke-paint job. Not to shit on anyone here, but just speaking in general, when I look at the reaction of this game on other sites...

Who knows though, maybe the game will convert some of them into Tekken fans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Sacred 117
I find it a little weird how Nintendo's basically becoming an invasive species... EVEN ON ITSELF.

Seriously, it was announced earlier today that Link (character) and the Blue Falcon (vehicle) would be available in a DLC pack for Mario Kart 8.

I don't know why, but I'm kinda f**king excited about that! haermm
The next game may as well be "Nintendo Kart", where characters from any Ninty series can be a racer (basically a racing version of Smash Bros), rather than be Mario Kart 9. Real talk.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I love Tekken and I like Pokemon but this game doesn't excite me at all. I'm not knocking it, I suppose I'll try it but it doesn't look like a $50-60 game for me.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's kind of how I am with Hyrule Warriors honestly. Not bashing it, but I've had my previous share of Dynasty Warriors to possibly not find it to be worth the $60 or so even with the slapped on Zelda skin, although the Ganondorf does make it tempting.

Bentley
The next game may as well be "Nintendo Kart", where characters from any Ninty series can be a racer (basically a racing version of Smash Bros), rather than be Mario Kart 9. Real talk.

They better make a skin of Fire Mario in the next Metroid Prime.

NemeBro

In all seriousness though, it is kinda annoying/disheartening seeing how many there are that normally don't give two shits about traditional fighters, only to act suddenly interested when one of them is given the Poke-paint job. I agree, Scream's a glans gobbler. thumb up

The Scenario
I think the point is to grab people who wouldn't otherwise be interested. I still don't much care about this kind of fighting game, so I don't plan on buying it. I probably will play it at some point, though.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by The Scenario
I think the point is to grab people who wouldn't otherwise be interested. I still don't much care about this kind of fighting game, so I don't plan on buying it. I probably will play it at some point, though.

Well their point is people who talk shit about fighting games like that sucking mechanically, suddenly acting like it's going to be a great game. Instead of just saying they just want it because fan service instead of hiding

Zack Fair
It's the same as Hyrule Warriors. And sad thing is...it works. I wanna play Hyrule Warriors despite the fact I never played Dynasty Warriors. I always found it interesting, way back when blockbuster existed I saw the videos and kept telling myself I'd rent it for PS2...but it never happened.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I hope it's not another jugglefest.

Well, they said they're not going to use the Tekken engine so maybe that's a good sign.

Bentley
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well, they said they're not going to use the Tekken engine so maybe that's a good sign.

If it's a new engine then I'll give it a shot, it might not be hopelessly mediocre.

Ridley_Prime
So earlier today Pikachu, Gardevoir, and Suicune were confirmed for this game. Suicune in particular surprised me, as it opens the door for other quadrupedal Pokemon.

zjyv32v7Ql4

Still not caring for the game that much yet though, but it will be ported to Wii U after all, apparently.

Bentley
Yes, while adding new characters and a support mechanic is interesting enough for the game, it's still not "grabbing" me.

Also the no joystick kind of annoys me ermm

AsbestosFlaygon
So earlier today Pikachu, Gardevoir, and Suicune were confirmed for this game. Suicune in particular surprised me, as it opens the door for other quadrupedal Pokemon.
snip

Gameplay reminds me of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Bentley
So I've watched some gameplay of this game and I confirm that I'll be getting it. In case anyone else is interested they show some fights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBBl0L3jjJg

Ridley_Prime
qAFJhtJlIBw

vin

Bentley
Still weaker than Mewtwo holding a Life Orb biscuits

It was a somewhat expected boss, but I would've liked a less overexploited legendary.

Bentley
So a bunch of new characters were revealed. After Sceptile we got Braixen, Mewtwo and Garchomp (the latter two pretty obvious choices).

Garchomp's art on HD looks really predatorish and I'm glad what they are doing there. Kind of baffled of getting Braixen out of all not-fully-evolved pokes out there.

Three types are still not represented: Bug, Normal and Rock. One new character is to be announced tomorrow.

steverules_2
It's only being released on Wii U?

Read this:

Bentley
I did read about machines not being terribly profitable, but I did not have a concrete claim. Namco really dropped the ball if their monetary system allows for such long run times without more investment (I recall there is a special system so you don't immediately lose your coin after losing a battle?).

steverules_2
Maybe, I have seen some video's and it looks like a good game, shame they don't branch it out for more systems but then pokemon has always been a Nintendo game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.