Spiderman vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Latest Showings

Arena fight

1. H2H, no webbing
2. Loki gets spear of density, Spiderman gets webbing.

FrothByte
Loki is bulletproof, Spidey is not.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki is bulletproof, Spidey is not.

Robocop is bullet proof, does that mean he beats Spiderman now laughing laughing

FrothByte
Does he get his guns?

Anyway, Robocop isn't really a good comparison with Loki. Loki is faster, more skilled, more durable and arguably stronger.

Spidey will dance around Loki for a while but unless he thinks up something really clever he won't be able to take Loki down. And Loki isn't exactly slow (he caught an arrow after all) so I see Loki taking this.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Does he get his guns?

Anyway, Robocop isn't really a good comparison with Loki. Loki is faster, more skilled, more durable and arguably stronger.

Spidey will dance around Loki for a while but unless he thinks up something really clever he won't be able to take Loki down. And Loki isn't exactly slow (he caught an arrow after all) so I see Loki taking this.

No one gets guns here.

I think Spider has a good shot at this especially with his webbing, at least better then Captain did.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
No one gets guns here.

I think Spider has a good shot at this, at least better then Captain did.

Well yeah, Spidey operates at a higher level than Cap definitely. And he'll put up a fight. Still not in Loki's league though. Of course if it was a movie, PIS and CIS would play a big part in Spidey figuring out some way to take out Loki and Loki being stupid enough to fall for whatever it was.

Time Immemorial
Who do you think is stronger, Spiderman or Loki?

TH3_V01D
Going by the feats on ASM 2, Loki is not touching Spidey.

KingD19
Aside from not getting beaten down by Thor, Loki doesn't have any strength feats to his name.

TH3_V01D
I know people is gonna disagree with me in this one but Electro seemed like a much more formidable enemy compared to anything that the Avengers faced.

He would have a field day with the Chitauri.

Time Immemorial
I think this might be a solid stalemate. I really like Loki but Spider is pretty uber.

BruceSkywalker
Loki, methinks. Garfield Spidey hasn;t shown me much in the h2 department..

Loki should be able to bock the webbing

TheVaultDweller
This is a stalemate IMO. Based on their actual feats, Garfield Spidey is WAY faster than Loki. Loki caught an arrow. Spiderman dodges bullets at point blank range.

So I don't see Loki landing many blows on Spiderman (if any), but I don't think Spiderman can overcome Loki's uber durability either.

TH3_V01D
Loki needs a ****ing car to made his escape lol, no way in hell he is hitting Spidey.
This is a stalemate, Garfield hasnt show huge strenght feats.

Now Maguire Spidey, he was really pretty strong.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
I know people is gonna disagree with me in this one but Electro seemed like a much more formidable enemy compared to anything that the Avengers faced.

He would have a field day with the Chitauri. Agreed.

Spidey is significantly stronger, faster, and outdoes loki in every area except maybe durability. Same with Maguire to an even larger extent, and he had some pretty killer durability himself to boot.

Garfield webs him up for a ten count (or just peppers him with punches that have a few tons of force behind them for a while; or just smashes him with a bunch of cars over and over; you guys are overselling Loki's durability, he can be put down). Maguire stomps.

Time Immemorial
Who thinks Spider could see through Loki's illusions if he went into his multi hologram mode? Thats one of Loki's best tricks. I wonder if his Spider sense could differentiate.

juggerman
Who thinks Spider could see through Loki's illusions if he went into his multi hologram mode? Thats one of Loki's best tricks. I wonder if his Spider sense could differentiate.

He probably couldn't detect the real one but he could just shoot webbing quickly at them to see where it sticks. And his spider sense should help avoid anything Loki throws at him in the meantime

carver9
Spiderman stomps and him withstanding Electro power during the end, you know, the power of a freaking city, puts Spiderman durability far above Loki and yes, Electro was powered by an entire city during that moment.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Spiderman stomps and him withstanding Electro power during the end, you know, the power of a freaking city, puts Spiderman durability far above Loki and yes, Electro was powered by an entire city during that moment.

His webbing was channeling the electric added that he also upgraded his tech, every time he got hit with Eletro's bolts he was not doing good.

carver9
His webbing was channeling the electric added that he also upgraded his tech, every time he got hit with Eletro's bolts he was not doing good.

But he withstood it. His webbing had nothing to do with it. The only thing that changed with his webbing is it not being destroyed when electro fried him.

Time Immemorial
But he withstood it. His webbing had nothing to do with it. The only thing that changed with his webbing is it not being destroyed when electro fried him.

I'll take your word for it then.

TheVaultDweller
Well, it was actually simply a case of magnetising his web shooters to hold an electric charge, so that Electro's blasts didn't fry them. Not really that much of an upgrade.

It's really hard to gauge with Garfield Spidey as to what is a durability feat and what is a healing feat. Because we know he has enhanced healing, it being a main plot point between him and Harry in ASM2. The fact that he is covered from head to toe in his costume doesn't help either.

I don't think anyone is overselling Loki's durability though. Fact is, the only person shown to genuinely damage him through a pure beatdown is the Hulk. I just don't see Spidey being able to replicate that feat to drop Loki for a 10 count. But, like I said earlier, Spiderman is WAY faster, based on feats, so don't see Loki tagging him.

Inhuman
Well Loki has fast reaction feats like catching the arrow, his durability , some super strength, telekinesis, his illusions, mind control, and his throwing daggers (maybe other powers and feats im forgetting)

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
Well Loki has fast reaction feats like catching the arrow, his durability , some super strength, telekinesis, his illusions, mind control, and his throwing daggers (maybe other powers and feats im forgetting)

True, but catching an arrow is still not on the same level as dodging bullets at point blank range.

As for his other powers... Spiderman is stronger, based on feats. Loki's tk has never been used in battle, so we can't really make any claims as to how useful it might actually be. His mind control only works when he touches a person in the chest with his spear. And seeing as Spiderman is a bullet dodger, I highly doubt Loki will tag him with his daggers. His illusions might be able to cause some confusion, but Peter's spider sense should warn him of the real danger, if the actual Loki tries to attack.

Basically, Spiderman holds all the advantages other than durability, and he is no slouch in that department either. I call stalemate because I can't see Loki tagging Pete enough to put him down, but I just can't see Pete dishing out a Hulk level thrashing on Loki either.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
His mind control only works when he touches a person in the chest with his spear.

He mind controls selvig(sp) in the Thor 1 after credit scene. No spear.

A5CU4HqQ5EU

TheVaultDweller
He mind controls selvig(sp) in the Thor 1 after credit scene. No spear.

A5CU4HqQ5EU

I remember that, but it wasn't really explained how he did that. Maybe he was using the power of the Tesseract to screw with him? Point is, he clearly can't just mind control anyone on a whim, or he wouldn't have had to do the chest poke thing with everyone during the Avengers, and Iron Man's arc reactor wouldn't have prevented his mind control from working.

Inhuman
I remember that, but it wasn't really explained how he did that. Maybe he was using the power of the Tesseract to screw with him? Point is, he clearly can't just mind control anyone on a whim, or he wouldn't have had to do the chest poke thing with everyone during the Avengers, and Iron Man's arc reactor wouldn't have prevented his mind control from working.

He made him say what he wanted, and also was seeing everything through his eyes. whats more impressive is that he wasnt even in the room with selvig. (IF he was then Loki also has invisibility powers)
He didn't have the tesseract at that point. Shield did.
The reason he mind control people in Avengers with the staff is because he needed to have multiple people under his control. When he mind controls under his own power, he can probably just does it to one person he is concentrating on. With the staff all he needed to do was touch them with it and not focus on keeping them under his control. the staff did it all for him and with multiple people at once. He even touched selvig with the staff in avengers, indicating he had mind controlled selvig in the after credits scene under his own power.

Also he was messing peoples minds in the hell carrier while imprisoned. And again he didn't have the staff.

TheVaultDweller
He made him say what he wanted, and also was seeing everything through his eyes. whats more impressive is that he wasnt even in the room with selvig. (IF he was then Loki also has invisibility powers)
He didn't have the tesseract at that point. Shield did.

This is the point though. We have no idea where he was or what he had available to him. We only see his head and shoulders. For all we know, considering how he arrives during The Avengers, he could have been standing next to Thanos while holding the Mind gem when he did that. There is also several instances throughout Thor, Thor 2 and The Avengers where being able to mind control people would have been extremely helpful, yet he never displays that ability during those instances.

The reason he mind control people in Avengers with the staff is because he needed to have multiple people under his control. When he mind controls under his own power, he can probably just does it to one person he is concentrating on. With the staff all he needed to do was touch them with it and not focus on keeping them under his control. the staff did it all for him and with multiple people at once. He even touched selvig with the staff in avengers, indicating he had mind controlled selvig in the after credits scene under his own power.

None of this is proven whatsoever. It's pure speculation on your part. Like I said, why couldn't he simply mind control Iron Man with his own abilities during their encounter then? If what you are saying is true, everyone else would already have been under his control via the staff, and no one else was around, so he could have fully focused his mind control on Iron Man, if he had been able to. Instead his mind control via the staff fails, and he gets physical with him instead.

Also he was messing peoples minds in the hell carrier while imprisoned. And again he didn't have the staff.

The scepter was clearly doing some of the influencing there. We can visibly see it start to glow more as they all get agitated, and when Banner gets close to Hulking out, he doesn't start moving in the direction of Loki's cell. He picks up the scepter with the glowing crystal instead.

Inhuman
This is the point though. We have no idea where he was or what he had available to him. We only see his head and shoulders. For all we know, considering how he arrives during The Avengers, he could have been standing next to Thanos while holding the Mind gem when he did that. There is also several instances throughout Thor, Thor 2 and The Avengers where being able to mind control people would have been extremely helpful, yet he never displays that ability during those instances.

None of this is proven whatsoever. It's pure speculation on your part. Like I said, why couldn't he simply mind control Iron Man with his own abilities during their encounter then? If what you are saying is true, everyone else would already have been under his control via the staff, and no one else was around, so he could have fully focused his mind control on Iron Man, if he had been able to. Instead his mind control via the staff fails, and he gets physical with him instead.

The scepter was clearly doing some of the influencing there. We can visibly see it start to glow more as they all get agitated, and when Banner gets close to Hulking out, he doesn't start moving in the direction of Loki's cell. He picks up the scepter with the glowing crystal instead.

you too are speculating Loki doesn't have any mind control powers. While the answer isnt 100% clear if he does , there is more evidence to prove that he does than just saying he doesn't. Or saying he was using the mind jem next to thanos erm

Its like Thor making that tornado against the destroyer. We never see him do it again. doesn't mean he isnt able to do it again. why didnt Thor just conjure up 100 tornadoes in the invasion? Or Why didnt he use that ground slam he did in the ice giants planet more often than just that 1 time?
Thats how movies work sometimes. But if they show a feat once, we cant just disregard it because said feat is not used all the time. The focus of the movie was the scepter and the tesseract, not loki's exotic powers.
All im getting at is that Loki does in fact posses Mind control powers to some degree ( they could be limited , who knows). But they do exist based on what we see in that scene.

carver9
Well, it was actually simply a case of magnetising his web shooters to hold an electric charge, so that Electro's blasts didn't fry them. Not really that much of an upgrade.

It's really hard to gauge with Garfield Spidey as to what is a durability feat and what is a healing feat. Because we know he has enhanced healing, it being a main plot point between him and Harry in ASM2. The fact that he is covered from head to toe in his costume doesn't help either.

I don't think anyone is overselling Loki's durability though. Fact is, the only person shown to genuinely damage him through a pure beatdown is the Hulk. I just don't see Spidey being able to replicate that feat to drop Loki for a 10 count. But, like I said earlier, Spiderman is WAY faster, based on feats, so don't see Loki tagging him.

Electro was blasting him head on (his chest), not via his web shooters. Spiderman took it all. He also withstood that OMNI Electro did. You know, the same OMNI (while at a weaker state) that almost leveled 3 buildings.

Also, the only reason Loki was able to control Selvig was due to him having control over him previously. Nothing was shown on how Selvig reverted back to his normal self. Hell, if anything, he probably was still controlled the entire time.

steverules_2
I know we can't mention the comics as feats for movie versions of characters, but I remember a fight between Loki and spider-man and Loki was unaffected by spider-mans punches, where as Loki's magic did hurt spider-man, but I guess movie Loki is tuned down

juggerman
(IF he was then Loki also has invisibility powers)

Remember when he tried to life Thor's hammer and nobody noticed him walking thru the area? Or saw him talking to Thor?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by juggerman
Remember when he tried to life Thor's hammer and nobody noticed him walking thru the area? Or saw him talking to Thor?

People have said that was his Astral Body, but there is no proof of that so its obvious he was walking among them invisible.

Time Immemorial

As I watched the movie again he has some uber strength feats, catching a car, stopping a bus but when he was punching the glass off that truck in the beginning he could not even break the glass. And he was not punching the armored truck glass, this was the glass he was punching on the towing rig pulling the armored truck. Based of that, makes me think Captain had better power behind his punches.

carver9

Can he attack while he is like that? Please provide proof if your answer is yes.

Time Immemorial
Can he attack while he is like that? Please provide proof if your answer is yes.

If he can interact with objects like he was visible sounds like he could.

TheVaultDweller
you too are speculating Loki doesn't have any mind control powers. While the answer isnt 100% clear if he does , there is more evidence to prove that he does than just saying he doesn't. Or saying he was using the mind jem next to thanos erm

Its like Thor making that tornado against the destroyer. We never see him do it again. doesn't mean he isnt able to do it again. why didnt Thor just conjure up 100 tornadoes in the invasion? Or Why didnt he use that ground slam he did in the ice giants planet more often than just that 1 time?
Thats how movies work sometimes. But if they show a feat once, we cant just disregard it because said feat is not used all the time. The focus of the movie was the scepter and the tesseract, not loki's exotic powers.
All im getting at is that Loki does in fact posses Mind control powers to some degree ( they could be limited , who knows). But they do exist based on what we see in that scene.

I'm not disputing that Loki doesn't have some kind of mind powers. Hell, we know for a fact he can at least astral project. I just think that his one showing of mind control without the scepter, with far too many unknown factors to the situation, isn't enough to warrant using mind control as a valid tactic in this fight. For example, how did he even know where the Tesseract is? How did he know to target Selvig? Clearly, there is way more going on there than we are shown onscreen.

Also, if Loki does have legitimate Xavier-like mind control, he has worse PIS than the average villain on Supernatural. Instances like the situation with Iron Man, the discussion with Widow in that cell, his confrontation with Malekith, being held captive in Asgard, every encounter where Thor gets in his way etc. could have all been easily solved via mind control.

Basically, all I am really saying is that we don't know enough about Loki's mental capabilities, without the scepter, to bring it up as a valid tactic in this fight. If it seemed like I was implying otherwise, I apologise, because that wasn't my intention.

Electro was blasting him head on (his chest), not via his web shooters. Spiderman took it all. He also withstood that OMNI Electro did. You know, the same OMNI (while at a weaker state) that almost leveled 3 buildings.

Yes, but the only thing he changed for the final fight was his web shooters. Him and Gwen Stacey still have the discussion where Peter says something along the lines of, "How can I stop him? Every time I get close he fries my web shooters." At which point they discuss options, and Gwen gives him the idea to magentise them. Every time before that, the electricity would travel through his webbing and destroy his webshooters. After magnetising them, they no longer got fried when they took a hit.

I am not questioning his durability. Just pointing out what he actually did to fix the webbing issue for the final fight. His durability is high. I bring this up myself in this thread, as well as in others. Even ignoring the poundings he takes, like hits from Lizard, tanking speeding vehicles etc, the fact that he basically tanked an electrical jolt that overloaded a guy whose powers involve controlling electricity is a damn good feat. I just wonder whether it is durability or healing that played a part there, or both. Hopefully in the future they explore his healing abilities more.

Also, the only reason Loki was able to control Selvig was due to him having control over him previously. Nothing was shown on how Selvig reverted back to his normal self. Hell, if anything, he probably was still controlled the entire time.

The whole Selvig thing is really confusing. We aren't shown when it happens or when Loki even becomes aware of Selvig and the Tesseract in the first place. That's what makes that mind control feat such a pain in the ass to contextualise.

Inhuman

People have said that was his Astral Body, but there is no proof of that so its obvious he was walking among them invisible.

thumb up Good points. I had forgotten about those instances.

I'm not disputing that Loki doesn't have some kind of mind powers. Hell, we know for a fact he can at least astral project. I just think that his one showing of mind control without the scepter, with far too many unknown factors to the situation, isn't enough to warrant using mind control as a valid tactic in this fight. For example, how did he even know where the Tesseract is? How did he know to target Selvig? Clearly, there is way more going on there than we are shown onscreen.

Also, if Loki does have legitimate Xavier-like mind control, he has worse PIS than the average villain on Supernatural. Instances like the situation with Iron Man, the discussion with Widow in that cell, his confrontation with Malekith, being held captive in Asgard, every encounter where Thor gets in his way etc. could have all been easily solved via mind control.

Basically, all I am really saying is that we don't know enough about Loki's mental capabilities, without the scepter, to bring it up as a valid tactic in this fight. If it seemed like I was implying otherwise, I apologise, because that wasn't my intention.

Fair enough. thumb up

carver9

When has he moved objects while in this state?

TheVaultDweller

Well, that is still debatable. He does seem to be using some form of astral projection during that post-credit scene at the end of Thor. Also the fact that he doesn't seem to exit via the door after talking to Thor, but rather just pops up next to the hammer, to me indicates that it was a mental projection of his body.

It just seems odd to me that Loki would have invisibility, teleportation, Xavier-like mind control etc. but never ever uses any of those abilities when they would actually be useful to him. So he either doesn't have those abilities, at least not to the extent that some people here are implying, or he is literally the most PIS suffering character in the whole MCU. I personally choose to have more faith than that in the writers over at Marvel, but that's jut my opinion.

Time Immemorial
When has he moved objects while in this state?

Well he tried to move the hammer and failed just like Thor did. laughing

carver9
Well he tried to move the hammer and failed just like Thor did. laughing

Aaaaahhhhhh, he sure did. Hhhhhmmmm...don't think that would change anything here since Spiderman would sense him and his location. Also, don't think Loki would use that tactic in combat since, well, he's never done so.

Time Immemorial
Aaaaahhhhhh, he sure did. Hhhhhmmmm...don't think that would change anything here since Spiderman would sense him and his location. Also, don't think Loki would use that tactic in combat since, well, he's never done so.

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.