If Gary Busey were a Mutant . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

preston mullins
. . . who would he be?

For those of you who know true talent when it comes to acting in feature films, you would have to agree that Gary Busey radiates talent in spades. The man has been in 82 films since 1971. This is true. That's 2 and a half movies per year! Check out his filmography on any Gary Busey website. He charmmed audiences as the Hawaiian shirt wearing FBI Captain in 'Point Break', he electrified the screen as Mel Gibson's nemesis in 'Lethal Weapon', and he even was nominated for Best Actor by the Acadamy for his performance as Buddy Holly in 'The Buddy Holly Story'.

So, why is Gary not in any of these comic book films? The man needs to be a mutant. He glows with mutation.

If Gary Busey were a mutant, who would he be?

Augeybana
Punisher I say.Yes not a mutant but part of Marvel Comics yes.

I like to see him with 100 large deadly guns killing everybody in he's way and just Vengence on he's mind I could see him doing that.

preston mullins
I could see it. He'd be a lot better than that guy they actually casted, what's his name? He's not even buffed.

Augeybana
I believe he's name is Thomas Jane.

GordonSkywalker
They made a Punisher movie? Oh and I think I know the actor who was in Point Break.Was he the older partner of Keneau Reeves?

Augeybana
They made a Punisher movie in the late 80's but there making another one soon to come out.

GordonSkywalker
I have never seen The Punisher movie. I read the comics I think. Was this before or after they did The Flash as a TV series?

Augeybana
Before I think but it wasn't to like the character he didn't have the skull on he's chest.It wasn't to good.

finti
you say he aint???????? eek! eek!

Thomas H
ahahah

only good movies he has starred in is Lethal Wepon and Under Siege!

preston mullins
That Punisher movie made in the Eighties starred Dolf Lungren (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong) and it sucked. My friend Kenny loved it because he never read the comic book.

GordonSkywalker
What did he say about The Flash TV series?

Thomas H
?

Augeybana
There was a Flash T.V series that came out on the D/C comics superhero Flash Thomas H.

GordonSkywalker
Yes and I think it was around the time superheroes were being made into films, like Batman and The Punisher.

Augeybana
Yeah many of the Marvel movies didn't do to good.

preston mullins
The Flash series utilized the fakie buffed hero suit, coined from Tim Burton's "Batman." My friend Ken didn't like the Flash series, but he thinks the kid wearing the Flash suit in the new Eddie Murphy flick is pretty funny.

Darth Vicious
Well, the Punisher movie with Dolph Londren sucked big time and Gary Busey wouldnt be good for the role either and im sorry to say gary Busy was/is a has been/never was, yeah while he has 82+ movies only a handful were good specially since he wasnt starring in none of them and dont get me start it on his son Jake Busey, another future never was

dlbrody
How about Busey as Jaugernaut.

Augeybana
Not bad Idea but of course he'' still have to be digitally work on Jauggernaut is as big as Hulk.

GordonSkywalker
Is Jauggernaut one of the comic book X-Men or another comic series entirely?

Thomas H
I dont know!

Augeybana
X men series he's Professor X step brother.

Darth Vicious
Juggernaut is NOT a mutant, he got his powers thru a mystikal gem which grants him his powers which are super strenght and hes unstoppable, i think the Hulk and Thor are the only ones that can go mano-a-mano whith the Unstoppable Juggernaut

Augeybana
True but even though he wasn't born a mutant he still turned into a mutant.Like Spider man wasn't born a mutant still is a mutant now.

GordonSkywalker
I see. Thanks. I was unaware that Xavier had any family...wait I think I remember him from the animated series that use to air on Saturdays.

Augeybana
Yeah Xavier and Jaggernaut once fought.

Darth Vicious
i Believe u r wrong neither Spidey nor the Juggernaut are considered mutants in the comics since mutants are born with their powers and spidey got his thru and experiment accident and Juggernaut thru a mystikal gem which if u take away from him he will lose his powers, anybody holding the gem will get the powers

Augeybana
Yeah maybe for Jauggernaut but Spidey forever differant and remember he's DNA changes from the bite that makes him like mutants differant and like some mutants don't get there powers untill puberty.

preston mullins
Mutants, as far as I understand, are born with their special powers or grow into them. If you acquire special powers like Spider-Man or Jauggernaut, then you are a Paranormal.

Marvel released a comic book series called DP7 in the eighties. It explained the difference between Mutants and Paranormals. DP stood for Displaced Paranormals, and there were 7 of them. They were all handicapped and they all acquired their powers somehow, rather than being born with them.

Augeybana
Thank you for the info pm.

preston mullins
Ain't no thing but a chicken wing. =^)

Augeybana
Like I siad before Gary Busey would look great as Punisher.

Omegaman
Speaking of Juggernaut , if I remember correctly in the original comic series , he was the brother of Professor X or one of the original X-men(the one with the giant feet, The Beast I think, before they covered him in blue hair!)

Gary Busey was great in The Buddy Holly Story!! for those of you that dont know, Gary actually sang most of the songs in the movie and did a dead on sound of Holly!

diegocala
That would depend...do mutants get drunk?

Slybaghouse
Have you guys seen the preview's for Gary Busey's new show on comedy central...."I'm with Busey"?

Looks pretty crazy! wacko

CaptainTrips
Gary Busey IS a freakin mutant!!

bardock
what is going on

Arachnoidfreak
Ok, who bumped up this old ass stupid thread?

norrin radd
Are you insane, you probably never saw fear and loathing in las vegas and lost highway.

bardock
i did it looked so lonely on the last page poor thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.