Captain America vs Hercules (not the Rock)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
So, in a fit of extreme boredom, I decided to watch The Legend of Hercules. Despite the relatively cheesy effects and the terrible dialog, I actually found myself reasonably entertained, if mostly because of the various fight scenes. I was wondering how this version of Hercules measured up against other characters who are in the same class, stat-wise. The only person in the film to give him any genuine trouble was his father who, based on his own feats, is somewhere around peak human (at least strength wise).

So basically, the setup is that Captain America somehow finds himself thrown back in time and lands in Hercules' fortress. However, he crash lands and Hercules' wife is killed in the process. Hercules confronts Cap in an open courtyard, torn with grief and bloodlusted to the max. Cap realises that it is kill or be killed, so is also going all out.

Cap gets his shield. Hercules gets a pair of swords.

Now in case some of you are unfamiliar with this version of Herc, here are a few clips:

EzSnc31T5yU

Now, based purely on this, most of you would probably say he should rather be matched against guys like Leonidas, Spartacus etc. but later on in the film he unlocks his full strength, which would put him well above any of those guys.

GD-hrwrWsas

Check around 1:50 in this clip to see what I mean.

So this is end of film Herc with 2 swords vs Cap with his shield. Hercules doesn't get his lightning sword whip power though, as that would make it total spite in his favour.

So who do you guys think wins? I honestly can't decide.

TheVaultDweller
No one has any input? Guess people either have not seen the movie, or can't decide either.

That... or they were hoping for Kevin Sorbo in this thread, and were unable to post while dealing with their disappointment. laughing

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
No one has any input? Guess people either have not seen the movie, or can't decide either.

Or just skipped this one entirely and waited for the Herc movie with the Rock.

Inhuman
ill watch this movie soon

carver9
Hercules stomps tbh.

Kotor3
Cap. Hercules is just not impressive in that movie.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Kotor3
Cap. Hercules is just not impressive in that movie.

Well, they toned his powers so that it had to look like he actually faced a challenge. Be kind of pointless if he just steamrolls through everything with utter ease, even during the final battle.

I've been trying to compare the two, stat-wise. IMO, it goes like this:

Strength - Hercules. That chain/pillar feat isn't something I can see Steve replicating, based on what we have seen of his strength.

Speed - They seem pretty even here, based on how fast both are shown during combat.

Durability - This goes to Cap, based on showings. But this shouldn't matter too much, considering a decap or a sword through the heart will still kill Cap.

Reactions/reflexes - Again, this one seems pretty even, based on how both are shown in combat. Cap's motorcycle/minigun evasion feat might give him an edge here.

Agility - Hercules does have some nice feats of jumping, flipping etc. but Cap takes it, based on his insane Quinjet feat in the 2nd Cap movie.

Skill - Both are shown to be highly skilled. I would say that in pure H2H Cap holds a clear edge, but with weapons, it becomes a lot more close.

So to me, Hercules has the strength advantage here, but Cap has the edge in agility, and possibly reflexes. Their other stats seemed to be very even, as well as their overall skill level. This is why I am having issues deciding who wins.

Kotor3
Well, they toned his powers so that it had to look like he actually faced a challenge. Be kind of pointless if he just steamrolls through everything with utter ease, even during the final battle.

I've been trying to compare the two, stat-wise. IMO, it goes like this:

Strength - Hercules. That chain/pillar feat isn't something I can see Steve replicating, based on what we have seen of his strength.

Speed - They seem pretty even here, based on how fast both are shown during combat.

Durability - This goes to Cap, based on showings. But this shouldn't matter too much, considering a decap or a sword through the heart will still kill Cap.

Reactions/reflexes - Again, this one seems pretty even, based on how both are shown in combat. Cap's motorcycle/minigun evasion feat might give him an edge here.

Agility - Hercules does have some nice feats of jumping, flipping etc. but Cap takes it, based on his insane Quinjet feat in the 2nd Cap movie.

Skill - Both are shown to be highly skilled. I would say that in pure H2H Cap holds a clear edge, but with weapons, it becomes a lot more close.

So to me, Hercules has the strength advantage here, but Cap has the edge in agility, and possibly reflexes. Their other stats seemed to be very even, as well as their overall skill level. This is why I am having issues deciding who wins.
I have seen many movies involving Hercules and this was is definitely one of the worst.

I agree Herc is toned down which is why this battle goes to Cap. Cap definitely has the speed advantage, I saw nothing that indicated inhuman speed for Hercules in that movie. To the extend that Herc is toned down, Cap is just too skilled for Herc.

It will be a battle but not a long one and I really do not see Herc wining one match unless it is an arm wrestling match.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Inhuman
ill watch this movie soon

This movie was utter trash laughing laughing

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
This movie was utter trash laughing laughing

The fight choreography wasn't too bad overall. A lot better than some other fighting movies and series *cough*gameofthrones*cough*. I do agree that the VFX was questionable at best, and the plot and dialogue was awful. Honestly, Hercules' "inspirational" speech, before they go after his father and brother, made me cringe at how bad it was. Oh, and I laughed my ass off when Zeus was "doing the deed", so to speak, with Herc's mother. Really, the only reason I watched it was because I had absolutely nothing else to do. I do still think Herc has a shot at taking at least a couple of fights, depending on how both he and Steve plays it.

@ Kotor3, what if I allowed the lightning whip sword attack? Or would that make it too unbalanced in Herc's favour. That attack was actually quite beastly. He was one-shotting like a dozen people per swing.

FrothByte
Cap looks quite a lot more skilled and agile if you ask me. Plus the way he uses his shield trumps Hercules' sword skills. Cap for the win.

FrothByte
So, in a fit of extreme boredom, I decided to watch The Legend of Hercules.

Well in a fit of boredom, I did a movie marathon of this movie, Robocop (new one), I Frankenstein and Vampire Academy. Man, what a bad night.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Well in a fit of boredom, I did a movie marathon of this movie, Robocop (new one), I Frankenstein and Vampire Academy. Man, what a bad night.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

RJ 2.0
Hercules RAPES.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.