Ganthet vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Ganthet pre DCNU.

Who wins ?

Bentley
By default I give Ganthet or any established Skyfather a solid win against Thanos.

I guess some quality debate could sway me to the other side, but somehow I don't see that happening shifty

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Bentley
By default I give Ganthet or any established Skyfather a solid win against Thanos.

But he is established Skyfather ?

Zack Fair
Should be.

Trocity
Thanos lost to squirrel girl, Ganthet crushes him.

Bentley
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
But he is established Skyfather ?

I'd say he is, at least classic Ganthet could be considered that without too much difficulty.

carver9
Thanos.

zopzop
Current Ganthet actually has a shot vs Thanos (but we need to see more of him in action before I'd go further than that).

As of now, Thanos wins.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Classic one would win imo. But Thanos would put up a fight like he did against Odin, his energy damage soak is really good but Ganthet is simply more powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Classic one would win imo. But Thanos would put up a fight like he did against Odin, his energy damage soak is really good but Ganthet is simply more powerful. Based on ?

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
Current Ganthet actually has a shot vs Thanos (but we need to see more of him in action before I'd go further than that).

As of now, Thanos wins.

Isn't Ganthet dead?

Stoic
Thanos just took several hits from a Cosmic Cube, and would not stay down. He didn't only sustain energy damage, but he sustained physical ones as well. This nonsense about him being only tough against energy assaults needs a rest. How in the world did h1 convince people to believe that theory?

Diesldude
Thanos wins.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos just took several hits from a Cosmic Cube, and would not stay down. He didn't only sustain energy damage, but he sustained physical ones as well. This nonsense about him being only tough against energy assaults needs a rest. How in the world did h1 convince people to believe that theory?

I don't think his physical resitance is of any means, I don't see Ganthet engaging him physically. Just blasting, which is a strength of Thanos.

Branlor Swift
Has Ganthet ever really been impressive outside Rebirth? I know he had some shit here and there PC like elongating Hal's arm and shit but all I'm coming up with is Rebirth. And even then...

Skyfather seems an incredible stretch based off memory.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Has Ganthet ever really been impressive outside Rebirth? I know he had some shit here and there PC like elongating Hal's arm and shit but all I'm coming up with is Rebirth. And even then...

Skyfather seems an incredible stretch based off memory.
Well he was part of this group.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Quintessence
embarrasment *shrug*

Meh... If he's viewed as skyfather level, he's like at the bottom of the totem pole if you ask me...

Stoic
I don't think his physical resitance is of any means, I don't see Ganthet engaging him physically. Just blasting, which is a strength of Thanos.

I gotcha, but I think that his durability is well rounded. kinetic energy is still energy. If you doubt it go up to the hottest sexual preference of your choice, and grab their butts. If you do it just the right way, you should either receive a smack, or a punch. Now once this happens remember the heat that is left behind from it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I gotcha, but I think that his durability is well rounded. kinetic energy is still energy. If you doubt it go up to the hottest sexual preference of your choice, and grab their butts. If you do it just the right way, you should either receive a smack, or a punch. Now once this happens remember the heat that is left behind from it.

First comic science. Second, for this thread it doesn't matter. Third, I will try it, what happens if I grab it the right way and don't get a smack or punch, just attention and offers?

Stoic
First comic science. Second, for this thread it doesn't matter. Third, I will try it, what happens if I grab it the right way and don't get a smack or punch, just attention and offers?

Then you didn't do it right. Make sure to really dig your fingers where the sun don't shine, and you should achieve the desired effect. If I punch a rock with 400 foot pounds, and I lit a stick of TnT, which later also hit the rock with 400 foot pounds, which one hit the hardest? Numbers are numbers.

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Skyfather seems an incredible stretch based off memory. he tooled hal + a few other key lanterns in 'new guardians', but fled from WL kyle, iirc.

Branlor Swift
I thought your sig was a fly when I held my thumb over the rest of the sig. All of the sudden black things were coming out from under my thumb. Mighty gay.

Galan007
hm, i think you might be an idiot. no wonder phillip hates you so. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Agreed. But to say some context there's fruit flies all over the place here. And I'll be dammed if those shit heads are on my phone.

Also, lick the toilet paper after I wipe with it. thumb up

Galan007
fruit flies are truly one of nature's worst inventions. had a run in with them last summer, and it took WEEKS to get rid of them.

also, reported for soliciting your explicit/perverted fetishes. thumb up

Branlor Swift
Fruit flies are the Enzerus of real life. Raid halts them for a while but they always end up coming back and shitting up the place.

I just want to share my love galan. Accept it

Delta1938
Then you didn't do it right. Make sure to really dig your fingers where the sun don't shine, and you should achieve the desired effect. If I punch a rock with 400 foot pounds, and I lit a stick of TnT, which later also hit the rock with 400 foot pounds, which one hit the hardest? Numbers are numbers.

eek! Out of curiosity, how many restraining orders have been filed against you?

Estacado
Thanos.

abhilegend
He embarrassed white lantern Kyle with all the emotional entities in him, didn't he?

Estacado
Fight is pre dcnu however.

abhilegend
Both are the same. Green Lantern continuity is unchanged.

Estacado
Thread starter probably meant it feat wise.

Insane Titan
Thanos

Estacado
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos
Awesome sig!biscuits

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Estacado
Awesome sig!biscuits cheers I made it myself!!!

Estacado
Originally posted by Insane Titan
cheers I made it myself!!!
thumb up
Cool!
Can you make me one?313

Insane Titan
thumb up
Cool!
Can you make me one?313 yeah sure , not sure how long it will take me lol

bbrem123

Yea that feat was pretty crazy. Those final shots from the cube were no joke either.

Estacado
Originally posted by bbrem123
Yea that feat was pretty crazy. Those final shots from the cube were no joke either.
Funny sh1t is haters are already like "The cube was already out of juice!!!!"
facepalm

If Superman or Hulk would have took the blasts they would be like"Zomg he is indestructible!!!"

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Both are the same. Green Lantern continuity is unchanged. Ganthet just easily owned Superman. laughing out loud

maxivitopowe
That isn't hard

quanchi112
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
That isn't hard Good point.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by quanchi112
Ganthet just easily owned Superman. laughing out loud

Isn't that an alternate reality?

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Isn't that an alternate reality? It doesn't seem to matter to them when they post Superman/Wonderwoman scans.

Warlord
Thanos

bbrem123
Funny sh1t is haters are already like "The cube was already out of juice!!!!"
facepalm

If Superman or Hulk would have took the blasts they would be like"Zomg he is indestructible!!!"
In no way did that cube look out of juice. Who was the one to say it was in the first place?

But yea I can see haters using that tactic for a longggg time.

Prof. T.C McAbe
In no way did that cube look out of juice. Who was the one to say it was in the first place?

But yea I can see haters using that tactic for a longggg time.

It didn't look out of juice, but the efficiency with which SL used it is doubtful, as Thanos even said he is a phucking noob and can't use it properly.

Bentley

When Quill obtained the Cube it was said that Kang tampered with it somehow, from then it's shown as a broke cube several times (some by the influence of Magus's illusions), but it never actually stopped working. One should assume that the Cube healed itself with its own powers.

Up until now it never acted as a regular Cosmic Cube, which probably means Bendis just ignored previous comics as usual thumb up

Estacado
Originally posted by Bentley

thumb up
He just doesnt care..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.