And the end-point of the Legends timeline has happened!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
The final issue of Legacy II has come out, meaning most likely, it's as far as we're ever going to get in the Legends timeline that's been around for so long.

That, was a pretty good series! Lotsa sith, good end, not a bad place to wrap up the saga (even if it wasn't intended to be a grand universe end originally).

Not much Jedi, but I headcanon that Cade and Shado Vao were leading a Jedi strike force looking for Nihl, Talon, and Maladi, while other Jedi were focused on rebuilding.

psmith81992
got a torrent for it?

The Merchant
What happens with Ania Solo and her crew along with the tattered remains of the Sith?

ares834
Ania Solo? Assuming she is a descendent of Han, how the hell does that work?

Q99
Originally posted by The Merchant
What happens with Ania Solo and her crew along with the tattered remains of the Sith?

Ania Shoots Darth Wredd with a huge blaster after Jao refuses to kill him in anger. Empress tries to give her a job, but she declines.

Last shot is Ania's crew, including Jao, who's quit the knights and joined Ania's crew, now wearing white armor, dealing with some unspecified form of trouble.

A whole bunch of the Sith infiltrators are dead after some really hard battle with the entire Imperial Knights + Darth Wredd . No way to tell if it's *all* of them, the named survivors from Legacy 1 aren't seen after all, but it's a positive note to be sure.

Originally posted by ares834
Ania Solo? Assuming she is a descendent of Han, how the hell does that work?

Yes she is, and that means she's one of Jacen's descendants (Jania's descendants becoming the Fels).

psmith81992
Yea volume 2 ended up being a disappointment. The fact that there's no real mention on Krayt's survivors is stupid.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
(Jania's descendants becoming the Fels).
Wookieepedians are total bitches about that one.

Q99
Originally posted by psmith81992
Yea volume 2 ended up being a disappointment. The fact that there's no real mention on Krayt's survivors is stupid.

Disappointment? It was a smaller story, but it was a good one!

It was originally intended to be a smaller scale one, with the writer intended to avoid Cade Nihl etc. because they're too large-scale and would overpower the smaller story they wanted to tell. And in that, I think it succeed. We get the story of Ania, Jao, and Wredd, and the fates of a bunch of sith infiltrators.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
Yes she is, and that means she's one of Jacen's descendants (Jania's descendants becoming the Fels).

Jacen only had a daughter though. I guess for what ever reason, Allana's son or daughter decided to keep the name Solo.

Q99
Jacen only had a daughter though. I guess for what ever reason, Allana's son or daughter decided to keep the name Solo.

Tenel Ka was Hapan/Dathomirian, remember, and thus so was Allana. I think *both* pass on names on the female line, or at least the Dathomirians do. Allana was Allana Djo Solo after all, Djo after her mother, who got it from her mother.

More than likely, Allana had multiple children, then a minor son or something set off on his own, two generations later you have Ania on hard times.

ares834
I was thinking the same thing. But then Allana should have her mother's name not her father's and so the "problem" persists.

Q99
I was thinking the same thing. But then Allana should have her mother's name not her father's and so the "problem" persists.

If a kid went into the galaxy, they might pick either name. One thing some royal houses do is have the heir take the main name, while others take lesser names. So it could be a second-child thing.

Really, considering we're talking a hypothetical tri-culture marriage, there's a lot of possibilities.

Allana could have a son named something-Djo Solo, who then got married and didn't have the right to pass on the Djo name, not being a female, and then the product of that relationship was Ania's father.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
If a kid went into the galaxy, they might pick either name. One thing some royal houses do is have the heir take the main name, while others take lesser names. So it could be a second-child thing.

Really, considering we're talking a hypothetical tri-culture marriage, there's a lot of possibilities.

Allana could have a son named something-Djo Solo, who then got married and didn't have the right to pass on the Djo name, not being a female, and then the product of that relationship was Ania's father.
Who wouldn't want the name Solo?

Q99
Eh, it's had it's bad spots!

To Ania, the famous Solos are distant enough that it doesn't help much.

Q99
An additional thing: Checking the Dark Horse release guides, this is the last new star wars issue from them as well!

So, this is quite possibly the last Legends continuity piece to come out, and certainly the last Legends comic.

Q99
I get the idea from author comments, that the precise relation of Ania to the Solos is something that *was* going to get it's own storyline if the comic had more time, but, well....

Q99
One way of reading the last issue, btw, is that we're seeing the last Sith.

It does require a bit of assumption- the aforementioned 'presuming Cade went after the remaining legacy 1 sith'- but it does fit the statements in the narrative.

chilled monkey

No offence but what problem? People can have their names legally changed.

psmith81992
How can we be seeing the last sith?

Q99
Originally posted by psmith81992
How can we be seeing the last sith?

Because the Empress talks about the sith being gone, and Wredd lured out the infiltrators so they'd all die?

I mean, we don't know specifically what *happened* to a few noteworthy ones, but considering Marasiah is unlikely to simply forget Nihl & co, it's not unreasonable to assume that something happened (most likely 'something' named Cade) in the interim.

Maybe just the sith infiltrators are gone and those are still out there, but still.

Arhael
Hold on a second. Jacen and Tenel Ka never married, how would she even get Solo name?

Q99
They wanted to hide that Allana was Queen Tenel Ka's daughter for awhile and put her in a place where she could learn the Jedi ways without drawing controversy from Hapans who'd object, so Han and Leia 'adopted' her.

psmith81992
q99 can you post last comic?

psmith81992
Ok so I just read the last comic. Really stupid. How can they claim they've ended the sith? Did they just assume all the sith in the galaxy came to one planet, including the main ones from Volume 1? Very poor writing and cop out.

Q99
Eh, the sith are unlikely to be *really* gone, but they just wiped out a big bunch of infiltrators. And we don't know what the Jedi have been up to during the series (I mean, Nihl/Talon obviously weren't there, maybe they've been taken taken).

Maybe not gone, but hit hard at least. It was the last issue and the character likely wasn't entirely literal, I give some leway for that. Heck, the last pages show that Jao's still out there dealing with trouble.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
An additional thing: Checking the Dark Horse release guides, this is the last new star wars issue from them as well!

So, this is quite possibly the last Legends continuity piece to come out, and certainly the last Legends comic.

We still have a Quinlan Vos novel coming out next year.

Eminence
Well that's canon.

appletonia
We still have TOR.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by appletonia
We still have TOR Revan.

Q99
Hm, point, I didn't think about TOR...

Originally posted by Eminence
Well that's canon.

Yep, new novels are non-legends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.