Best home field advantage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
What character, hero or villain is at their best when they have it?
Not that they arent good without it, but when they do, they just have that extra edge to overcome.

Characters like Superman and Flash arent what i'm talking about. Aside from the "this is my city" factor, they're just as formidable where ever they are.
Spider-man's on the bubble. While he knows NYC best, any big city gives him what he needs to fight at his full potential.

Top of my head picks...

Batman. He knows every nook and cranny of Gotham, has the timing on everything from mass transit to when a red light is going to happen.

Daredevil. Same as Above, in Hell's Kitchen.

Dr. Doom in Latveria.

DarkSeid on Apokolips.

Ka-Zar in the Savage Land.

Man-Thing in the Everglades.

Silver Surfer in space, not planet side.

and so on...

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
What character, hero or villain is at their best when they have it?
Not that they arent good without it, but when they do, they just have that extra edge to overcome.

Characters like Superman and Flash arent what i'm talking about. Aside from the "this is my city" factor, they're just as formidable where ever they are.
Spider-man's on the bubble. While he knows NYC best, any big city gives him what he needs to fight at his full potential.

Top of my head picks...

Batman. He knows every nook and cranny of Gotham, has the timing on everything from mass transit to when a red light is going to happen.

Daredevil. Same as Above, in Hell's Kitchen.

Dr. Doom in Latveria.

DarkSeid on Apokolips.

Ka-Zar in the Savage Land.

Man-Thing in the Everglades.

Silver Surfer in space, not planet side.

and so on...

Knowing a place is fine, but it's not going to let, say, Bruce or Matt fight out of their weight class, so to speak. It's more like a tiebreaker against an evenly matched opponent. I don't really consider those to be big advantages. Nor Surfer in space.

A couple of those are decent picks, because they have extra defenses built into their home. Darkseid has a planet of minions to call to battle. Doom has...stuff. Man-Thing or Swamp Thing in the right settings are also good choices.

But the couple that come to mind with organic advantages are Hydro and Sandman.

Another gigantic one is Black Panther. Forget knowing the forests outside of Wakanda; the defenses he has at his command change him from a low meta to probably able to match a low herald.

Inhuman
Punisher at night in nyc
Aquaman and namor in or near water

BerserkersRage
What about the obvious choices, marvel's hell lords?

Insane Titan
Mephisto in his realm

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
Knowing a place is fine, but it's not going to let, say, Bruce or Matt fight out of their weight class, so to speak. It's more like a tiebreaker against an evenly matched opponent. I don't really consider those to be big advantages. Nor Surfer in space.

A couple of those are decent picks, because they have extra defenses built into their home. Darkseid has a planet of minions to call to battle. Doom has...stuff. Man-Thing or Swamp Thing in the right settings are also good choices.

But the couple that come to mind with organic advantages are Hydro and Sandman.

Another gigantic one is Black Panther. Forget knowing the forests outside of Wakanda; the defenses he has at his command change him from a low meta to probably able to match a low herald.
Good stuff, especially BP.

I do disagree on Batman and Gotham though. He once successfully hid from Superman when they first met, causing Supes to believe he was a meta. Bats just knew Gotham that well.
This was pre-latest-boot, but i believe its something that hasnt changed.

I disagree on Surfer, too. In Space his speed and maneuverability are at their best.

Still, this is shy i wanted different takes on this idea...!

pym-ftw
Dr. Fate in his Tower/ Strange in the Sanctum.

riv6672
Nice.
Reed Richards in his lab/FF HQ in the same vein, then...

DarkSaint85
The Elementals in the Green/Red.
Hell Lords in their dimensions.
Batman, especially Damian, in Gotham.
BP in Wakanda
Namor in water
Uncle Sam in the US?

Inhuman
Captain America in Nazi germany

playa1258
Pendaran in cbr.

wuleecat
Jack Hawsmoor

LordofBrooklyn
Jack Hawksmoor

byrdgang21
Magik in limbo

DarkSaint85
WBH in the Dark Dimension.

Supermutant
Any GL fighting on Mogo. Ka-Zar in Savage Land, he even manage to beat Thanos there although it was retcon to be an avatar or something.

krisblaze
Hawksmoor in any large city.

Wolverine in the jungle.

riv6672
I always pictured Wolverine as more of a forest guy than jungle (not as good as Panther or Ka-Zar), but i would give him a nod in either case.

As to Hawksmoor, how effective is he when NOT in a city? Serious question.

DarkSaint85
Depends.

But here, Bendix is a normal human male.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/SaintSaturn/bage.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/SaintSaturn/baged.jpg

And the fight goes on for 3 pages of this.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Darkseid on Apokolips, the whole Planet is at his command, all armies, all slaves, warriors, in the Crossover even the Planet faught at his whim.

Shazam in the Rock of Eternity, he did very well against Spectre.

riv6672
Wow, okay.

But 3 pages? Thats either complete writer's wank or he was getting paid by a conglomeration of travel agencies...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
Wow, okay.

But 3 pages? Thats either complete writer's wank or he was getting paid by a conglomeration of travel agencies...

Yeah, he just kept porting him around non city areas.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, he just kept porting him around non city areas.

Ha, someone had a point to prove.

Not a comic but, someone at another site said Kevin from Home Alone is the god of Home Field Advantage...

maxivitopowe
Give that kid prep and he's elder God level

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Namor in water
tell that to Luke Cage and the Thing

riv6672
Ha, nothing is a guaranteed win.

janus77
Wonder Woman in her underwear.

riv6672
Mmmm...love

Odekahn
Shadow King
Swamp Thing
Dr Fate (his tower)

And ummm... Ultron in the Matrix? Lol

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by janus77
Wonder Woman in her underwear.
Or without...

Odin in Asgard

riv6672
Without HIS underwear!

Good choice though, really.

krisblaze
Superman on Krypton...wait
Originally posted by deathslash
tell that to Luke Cage and the Thing

Did Namor put Luke down already? 'I think I'll call you Luke'

carver9
Sandman on the beach. Aquaman in water. Surfer in space. Cyttorak in his dimension, Carver9 on KMC.

Mindset
Batman at a boy's youth camp.

Or really anywhere with young boys.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dr. Doom in Kyle Rayners ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.