Katara vs. Ming-Hua

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
Setting: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130530161523-100-beaches-crane-beach-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Both benders are 30 ft. apart.

Fight is during a full moon.

*NO BLOODBENDING*

Nephthys
Dunno. It's a really good fight. I might give Katara the edge though.

wakkawakkawakka
Yeah I really have no clue who wins this. I'd personally go for Ming Hua since Neph already picked Katara.

King Joker
Leaning Katara, but my opinion could be changed.

NemeBro
Ming-Hua rather casually stomped Eska and Desna, two waterbenders who were able to stalemated Korra for an extended period of time.

That isn't why I think she would win though. I think the differences in their bending would net her the victory. Katara is a very powerful and skilled bender, but she's useless in martial combat. This is important because Ming-Hua, more than any of the other members of the Red Lotus and more than most benders, heavily incorporates close-range, often hand to hand combat into her bending. She's very fast and when she bridges that distance the fight will be basically over. Her control of water is obviously more precise than Katara's as well, being entirely psychic.

Ming-Hua wins with moderate difficulty.

Nephthys
Ming-Hua was having a tough fight with Kya tho.

wakkawakkawakka
It wasn't really tough, I remember Kya getting one solid hit in, but it did take Ming Hua a bit of time.

Not sure how that translates here since Katara appears to be better than Kya too but whatever.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ming-Hua was having a tough fight with Kya tho. Kya's only two fights are giving two benders who casually roflstomped every other bender they fought one on one (Or more than one on one really) the best fight they've had at the time, so I'm not sure how that would diminish Ming-Hua at all. If anything that is just a good feat for Kya. Not that the fight was particularly tough mind you. Ming-Hua had to work for the victory but she was in control the entire time.

Katara has a lot of talent and power but she's never fought someone who can traverse the battlefield as quickly as Ming-Hua (Even Ty Lee isn't that fast) and who can bridge the distance so easily. And from close-range Ming-Hua dominates.

Rikudo sennin
I wish we got a chance to see Ming Hua develop a way to counter her weakness to electricity.

wakkawakkawakka
You wanted Ming Hua to learn how to de-ionize water? no expression

NemeBro
Sure why not?

Based
Feat wise, besides blood bending there's not much of a difference between Katara and Kya. I;m siding with Ming-Hua

pym-ftw
...what?

Ming rofl stomps her, far far superior mobility.

Demonic Phoenix
Highly doubt it's a stomp, given the sheer amount of water Katara can bend at a given time. Ming-Hua is definitely the superior combatant though and ridiculously agile for a waterbender, so she'd probably win.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
You wanted Ming Hua to learn how to de-ionize water? no expression

No lol I mean methods like using water not connected to her or a projectile attack that could match it's power. Now we will never no. She is possibly the strongest water bender we have seen but she has a weakness those below her don't.

King Joker
Yeah, I agree with Nemo. Ming-Hua started from a pretty big distance when she engaged Eska & Desna and she crossed that distance effortlessly. And when she was in close range they were both completely helpless.

Konton
I don't think Eska and Desna are even in Katara's league. Katara got the better of Azula twice in TLA, the first time only failing to knock her out because Zuko interfered... and then she flooded the entire cavern to wash the Dai-Li out and catch Aang before he even hit the ground when Azula struck him down. She closes distance pretty fast too. Katara learned bloodbending in a second, and isn't a stranger to using tentacle arms as grappling tools. Seeing Ming-Hua use them for mobility is probably all she needs to replicate the effort.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Konton
I don't think Eska and Desna are even in Katara's league. Katara got the better of Azula twice in TLA, the first time only failing to knock her out because Zuko interfered... and then she flooded the entire cavern to wash the Dai-Li out and catch Aang before he even hit the ground when Azula struck him down. She closes distance pretty fast too. Katara learned bloodbending in a second, and isn't a stranger to using tentacle arms as grappling tools. Seeing Ming-Hua use them for mobility is probably all she needs to replicate the effort. Originally posted by Konton
I don't think Eska and Desna are even in Katara's league. Katara got the better of Azula twice in TLA, the first time only failing to knock her out because Zuko interfered... and then she flooded the entire cavern to wash the Dai-Li out and catch Aang before he even hit the ground when Azula struck him down. She closes distance pretty fast too. Katara learned bloodbending in a second, and isn't a stranger to using tentacle arms as grappling tools. Seeing Ming-Hua use them for mobility is probably all she needs to replicate the effort. katara will win here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.