Who tanks the grid lasers/Resident Evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Who can survive being hit by those nasty grid lasers in Resident Evil?

Wolverine
Spiderman
Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Thing
Reed Richards
MOS Supes
Reeves Supes
Pinhead
Silver Surfer
Hancock
Others not mentioned

Lestov16
Spidey, Reed, IM, and possibly Thing and Thor and the only ones susceptible. The rest should be able to tank it rather easily.

Tattoos N Scars
You don't see the lasers cutting Logans adamantium?

FrothByte
Logan will get hurt but he'll pull through. Thing and Thor will probably get burn marks but will also pull through. IM I'm not so sure of. Those lasers might be powerful enough to cut through his armor, I don't know.

Arachnid1
Garfield Spidey was taking Electros lightning like a boss. He might be able to.

Tobey Spidey could tank some shit too. Pumpkin Bombs, giant Sandman pounding him over and over, the force of the train. I see him surviving easier than Garfield.

I think Reed is the only one on that list who would be screwed.

KingD19
Getting electrocuted is different from I'm assuming extremely high heat lasers cutting you into giblets.

Zack Fair
I think Thor would become sliced tomatoes.

Silent Master
Movie Thor has a fairly good record of energy and heat resistance though.

FrothByte
IM's repulsor blasts didn't leave a mark on Thor. I'm thinking those lasers won't leave him with serious injuries.

Zack Fair
I dunno.

The lasers seem more in line with Tony's laser stunt at the end of Iron Man 2. I don't see Thor tanking those, but not enough to get into a heavy debate. So yah.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
IM's repulsor blasts didn't leave a mark on Thor. I'm thinking those lasers won't leave him with serious injuries.

Tony has also used his Repulsor's on normal people. But never those lasers that sliced through Titanium like a hot knife through butter.

Placidity
Originally posted by FrothByte

Any fight between Avenger members isn't likely to leave a mark. I bet if Thor threw a hammer at Capt's chest, he would get back up just fine. Actually, the more the power disparity, the less likely they will show the results you would expect.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by Placidity
Any fight between Avenger members isn't likely to leave a mark. I bet if Thor threw a hammer at Capt's chest, he would get back up just fine. Actually, the more the power disparity, the less likely they will show the results you would expect.
cap would be hit by a small planet covering all its force within a small surface area. it would go through cap. this thing can smash landscapes and buldings with a small amount of power.

if it hit caps head , his skull and everything else would be liquified

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Tony has also used his Repulsor's on normal people. But never those lasers that sliced through Titanium like a hot knife through butter.

Maybe, but none of them ever got a repulsor blast point-blank to the face and just shrugged it off. Plus like I said, Thor and other asgardians have shown to be bullet proof, pretty sure those lasers are gonna have a hard time cutting through him. Maybe if he stood still and allowed the lasers to do their work. But if he just walked through I'm pretty sure he can clear the room before he gets any serious damage.

marwash22
insufficient data. we never saw the laser cut anything other than human beings. We have no idea how powerful the lasers are.

I dunno how any of you are comfortable giving an answer to this question.

Placidity
Would've cut through the gear/weapons (i.e durable metal) they had I would assume. Would need to rewatch the scene.

marwash22
I'd also need to rewatch the scene to know if any metal, etc. was cut.

marwash22
e8gfGhVL3qs

it cut through a metal knife. so that's something to go by.

Placidity
1:16 you can see the SMG has been cleanly cut on the floor.

Also, captain would've survived if he went back all the way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.