How do we achieve world peace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whisper
Seriously, how do we do this? How do we get everyone reading off the same page? Do we try to expose religion for the sham it is or do we protest to spread equal wealth throughout? How do we do this?

riv6672
Your questions as to how illustrate why it will never happen.

Shakyamunison
Here is the SGI 2014 Peace Proposal.
http://www.sgi.org/sgi-president/proposals/peace/peace-proposal-2014.html

Time Immemorial
Nuke all opposition

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Nuke all opposition

How long will it take for the radiation to go around the world and kill all out our food crops?

Mindset
Complete annihilation of the human race.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How long will it take for the radiation to go around the world and kill all out our food crops?

I'll be heading to the golf coarse, I hate tough questions.

Oneness
Originally posted by Whisper
Seriously, how do we do this? How do we get everyone reading off the same page? Do we try to expose religion for the sham it is or do we protest to spread equal wealth throughout? How do we do this? Tear down the modern world, replace it with space-faring, fully automated infrastructures that don't require human up-keep, but can provide for all human needs.

I mean if just a few superpowers did that for their civilians it would not be difficult for those caught in savage conflicts, under threat of groups like Isis, to be provided an exodus by these super-powers' collective military might.

Liberated from slavery, social class, work, and business - humans will turn to the things that matter, learning, understanding each other.

From time to time jealousy or disregard may lead to terrorism, but even in a techno-anarchy of perfect looking biological immortals there is a sense of balance keeping everything good.

As crazy as that sounds, it would take longer to build than it would to develop scientifically and technologically enough, from our current state, to design. As a society, due to Moore's Law, a singularity may be reached and we may have the sophistication to engineer such an infrastructure within 8 decades!

Shakyamunison
I'll be heading to the golf coarse, I hate tough questions.

You should run for president.

Oneness

Time Immemorial

Will you be my running mate? Because you are awesome.

Shakyamunison
Will you be my running mate? Because you are awesome.

You don't pick an awesome running mate. You find someone who will guarantee that no one will assassinate you. Like Biden or Quayle. Hey! Wait!...

Time Immemorial
You don't pick an awesome running mate. You find someone who will guarantee that no one will assassinate you. Like Biden or Quayle. Hey! Wait!...

laughing laughing laughing

Bardock42
You know, you two would still be a better Republican ticket than whatever they will put up....

riv6672
Ha, the potential for world peace summed up in less than 15 posts.

Mindship
Design and activate an "intelligent, harmseeker EM field," which fries the brain of anyone with destructive brainwave patterns, eg, religionistic barbarians, greedy/cheating/lying capitalists. Also (as a bonus), people who take up more than one parking spot.

MF DELPH
Hostile alien invasion. If we get a common enemy, for a time, we'll realize we're all one humanity, that race and nationality are simply superficial socially derived conventions, and we stand a better chance of prolonged survival and peace if we work together for the common good of all humans.

But then we'd defeat the aliens and revert back to tribalism and bullshit, with a new extraterrestrial lower class.

Digi
Do we try to expose religion for the sham it is or do we protest to spread equal wealth throughout?

laughing out loud

We kill anyone who lacks ironic self-awareness.

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Hostile alien invasion. If we get a common enemy, for a time, we'll realize we're all one humanity, that race and nationality are simply superficial socially derived conventions, and we stand a better chance of prolonged survival and peace if we work together for the common good of all humans.

But then we'd defeat the aliens and revert back to tribalism and bullshit, with a new extraterrestrial lower class.

Nice try, Ozymandias.

uhuh

riv6672
Hitler used a variation of that tactic to great effect, sadly.

Lord Lucien
Who?

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
Hitler used a variation of that tactic to great effect, sadly.

What tactic? Was this a response to me?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
You know, you two would still be a better Republican ticket than whatever they will put up....

I would never be a Republican!

riv6672
Originally posted by Digi
What tactic? Was this a response to me?
Not directly, no.
What DELPH said about a common enemy.
Hitler used a variation on the theme...

Star428
Seriously, how do we do this? How do we get everyone reading off the same page? Do we try to expose religion for the sham it is or do we protest to spread equal wealth throughout? How do we do this?

Religion is a sham? Prove it... and good luck with that, dude. smile

riv6672
Ha, yeah the OP shot the thread in the foot off the bat.

Digi
Ha, yeah the OP shot the thread in the foot off the bat.

Indeed. As I said, the only viable solution:

We kill anyone who lacks ironic self-awareness.

How do we achieve world peace? Definitely by insulting the majority of Earth's inhabitants as part of the question. Definitely.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision

Or an alternative (and this is the basis of a scifi series I intend to create at some point in the future), after humanity makes first contact with aliens and attempts to join a wider interstellar community they're forced to unite because there's a sort of norm observed by most of the alien powers that (for a lot of reasons) you never do business with a species that's split into dozens of governments and diplomatic recognition is all but impossible for a single nation state. That plus the aforementioned threat of alien invasion.

riv6672
Nice, i like that post.

Digi
I think the alien thing just pushes the question out further. Sure, it might create world peace, and probably has a better chance to work than other ideas proposed in this thread. But then the issue isn't really world peace, is it? It becomes interstellar peace.

It's like solving tribal wars by turning them into wars between countries. It's not actually a peaceful solution, though it's a small step in the right direction...that direction being, peace between all sentient creatures in a given system, be it planetary or interstellar.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Omega Vision
(and this is the basis of a scifi series I intend to create at some point in the future)

Yoink

atv2
Listen to me everyone! Anything is possible!

It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside whether you're white or black or sasquatch even. As long as you follow your dream no matter how crazy or against the law it is, except for Sasquatch. If you're Sasquatch, the rules are different.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by atv2
Listen to me everyone! Anything is possible!

It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside whether you're white or black or sasquatch even. As long as you follow your dream no matter how crazy or against the law it is, except for Sasquatch. If you're Sasquatch, the rules are different.

So, you are suggesting anarchy, except for Sasquatches?

Fated Xtasy
Sadly, people may die, but stupid is forever. No long lasting peace can be achieved i think, it's unrealistic, there are always going to be people who disagree with one another and there are always going to be wars. It's sad, but even school/mass/public shooting have become common - so much so, that we give a speech about how terrible it is, but do nothing about it. It sucks, but that's life.

hmm what a depressing point of view i have.

0mega Spawn
Removal of freedom.

AsbestosFlaygon
Depletion of oil and gas resources.

Shakyamunison
Who would ever want world peace? I don't want world peace; I want world harmony. I want a party!

We are humans, and we will always have problems. The correct answer is to find harmonious answers to those problems. I want a world were the word war has no meaning.

MF DELPH
Or an alternative (and this is the basis of a scifi series I intend to create at some point in the future), after humanity makes first contact with aliens and attempts to join a wider interstellar community they're forced to unite because there's a sort of norm observed by most of the alien powers that (for a lot of reasons) you never do business with a species that's split into dozens of governments and diplomatic recognition is all but impossible for a single nation state. That plus the aforementioned threat of alien invasion.

This reminds me:

Whatever happened to that writing tourney you were involved in (and more specifically your TrekFic)?

BIGWHITESEXY
WELL FOR ONE YOU SHOULD STOP BEING A HIPPY.

Omega Vision
I think the alien thing just pushes the question out further. Sure, it might create world peace, and probably has a better chance to work than other ideas proposed in this thread. But then the issue isn't really world peace, is it? It becomes interstellar peace.

It's like solving tribal wars by turning them into wars between countries. It's not actually a peaceful solution, though it's a small step in the right direction...that direction being, peace between all sentient creatures in a given system, be it planetary or interstellar.
Well, entropy can only be reduced in one area by increasing it in another. Same goes for conflict and love.

riv6672

How about a benign alien visitation?
I think that was mentioned earlier, joining the space family would only really be possible as one people?

Bentley
Well, entropy can only be reduced in one area by increasing it in another. Same goes for conflict and love.

Prove it.

popoyez
we can help the beggars and poor children for them study. please don't hate poor people

AsbestosFlaygon
The Fappening

Robtard
"Get ride of all the Jews." -Mel Gibson

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
"Get ride of all the Jews." -Mel Gibson

Get rid of Mel Gibson. Unfortunately, I do like some of his movies.

Robtard
Get rid of Mel Gibson. Unfortunately, I do like some of his movies.

Same, decent actor and good director, not a very good human.

I do hope he does get around to doing his "Berserker" film.

Chris 1986
You have me with a dad 35 years older and a young-looking mom who isn't really Caucasian. I remember in high school, the kids who messed up would be politically groomed by their parents. It's a wonder they got anything done. embarrasment People tell kids who happened to be born in the mid-80s that they weren't good enough for people born around 1960 and the late 1950s. Now, we see those people, called Late Boomers, tightly conversing with their children, comforting them when down. My dad is a vicious animal to me. It is clear people born around 1997-8 get everything they could ever want without doing anything. Their parents do it for them. They are even sexier than the Middle Boomers. My mom used to confide with me after having problems in school to get better. I think it became too personal, like I was set for this. With me, my mom being able to confide with me is like having a princess for a mom born in however a supposedly early time, or am I just something to be experimented on? Like, it was special, but I mean think of the people born in 1990. They actually played around and were like dolls that did things we can never do. Come 1995-ish, these children actually feel loved by Late Boomers. It's not just putting on a show, like JonBenet Ramsey.

So, my point is that peace in the nation and similar countries is based on generation of kids from Generation X and beyond..

riv6672
Being born in '68, i find that pretty interesting!

Chris 1986
We have the same numbers in our birth year. Thank you, I'm glad you like that. I just feel frustrated. I just posted a bunch of what it was in my blog, and it was to do with this topic but in a way I don't like.

embarrasment Well, I just "find kids annoying" but cared about them when I had a normal life. It's so hard being how I am. I have to get back into college and get a degree in General Studies, only 6-9 classes left.

Moreover, I mean, that's just how it is for me. I feel so mentally abused, whereas these kids are being encouraged yet upset at things that aren't perfect for them. I'll learn more as I get out into the world. I actually might be accepted to be an extra in a movie. It's $850/day. $700 for modeling, like $2000 maybe for a commercial.

Did you ever dream you were younger? From what I understand, I'm young enough to be like that, but instead I'm stuck at home doing nothing for awhile. The agency is hurrying me on, though, was supposed to call today but had to run, got my hamster some new bedding.

I guess my other issue is my race. I don't feel that fair having a Chinese mom, actually Chinese-Indonesian. I can try to get lighter to make myself happy. Like, lying in a tub flushes you out more. I talked to someone with a real Indonesian mom, and she is fair, like white. His dad is Indian. My mom was more tan and gray.

The world is just battling being raised by what generation and things that they think will come up and so they take it out on us. I am glad to hear of the joy in your year! Mine's cool. Guess I would be concerned about the younger generations. I just don't wanna get close sometimes with adults or they don't do it the right way.

I know, you know all the good stuff, too. I love Logan's Run.

Sorry my writing isn't all that great. Sometimes, it is. sad I hope it's okay.

Thanks so much for your compliment! cool I guess the world means something to you! I would love to be accepted as a person, too.

artist

riv6672
You'll have to excuse my incoherence, i had a recent family emergency and am running on very little sleep.
I kind of know where you're at in regards to your mom.
My dad had blond hair and green eyes. Me, not so much. I learned early though, i couldnt help how i was born but i have a say in how i live.

Still, cant say i've always been comfortable in the skin i'm in....

Chris 1986
Thanks! Yea, she is fair for a Chinese-Indonesian, "like a blonde." I feel she wanted me to be dark, though. I was always worried about myself. I don't remember being the center of attention..

Yea, my dad has actually black hair and blue eyes.

I guess we're ont he same boat.

I love your sig! I watch war movies and like that kinda stuff when I get around to it.

You know, on this topic, people are so picky that people born in 1997-8 get everything, like kids born in the 80s were tricked. I wasn't a part of things in the 70s, I mean, and into the 80s. I do love the early 90s, those kids with big visions who probably have older moms or moms born right after about 1950. My icon is like Free Willy. That says a lot to my generation and a bit older. I remember now, people born around 1960 and the late 1950s get it all, but everyone else has to earn it. Like, if we want to be considered the 1 in the sexy long-sleeved dress, we have to earn our way somehow. We don't get petted for nothing. People born around 1950 didn't have what people born around 1960 have, so I guess it's just a safeguard so as no one gets hurt that we have to be good enough to be a certain way that 1 generation is by protocol, which I do not understand. I would just say I was better, and I'd just be "in with the old men" on that. I would never be considered as good as someone born in the 1960s or late 1950s. I'd have to earn it, see, whereas people born then already have that feel to them, like being juicy little kids with the most of a bundle of energy and feeling of being loved. They mess up, then, though, but get to be the way everyone finds the most refined and overall best. They never do anything else, and we never get to do that. I don't like it that way.

I hope this was okay, too, had a hard time organizing my thoughts but hope to improve.

Thank you so much for listening.

riv6672
No worries, these are things i think about sometimes.
The 70s for me werent really under my control. The 80s were my decade to figure me out. The 90s were me learning how much i'd gotten wrong.
Cue the new millennium, and things just got more complex...

Chris 1986
I can already see how they started out in the flower generation and things starting getting high. People born around the late 1950s and around 1960 must have been in ecstasy, whether or not they knew, and had it secured that their kids if they had them would be better than people like me.

My dad figured things out int he 1970s. He was born in 1950. The 1980s were like the family time. I loved that time. We needed to have it. I am about an age I could chose to be like I was just born in 1997-8. They, however, get treated with so much pleasure.

The 00s were a great time! People were so triumphant for a new day. Let's look to the 2020s early. E he he he.

gathering

Shabazz916
World piece was lost when white ppl decided to conquer ppl thats when it ended... So thats the end of that

riv6672
Thats not only narrow minded, its untrue.
BUT, hopefully it'll spark some good conversation!

Shabazz916
Thats not only narrow minded, its untrue.
BUT, hopefully it'll spark some good conversation!

Who was ****ing with ppl before that plz tell

riv6672
People were asterisking with people. Read a book.

Shabazz916
People were asterisking with people. Read a book.

Who was?? Books are a white thing... You think. History is credible when the ppl who wrote it were white and all ppl they so called writing about were considered under white ppl ? You think there is truth in those situations ?

riv6672
Books are a white thing?
So...no other cultures wrote books?

Anyhow, facts are a facts thing. You telling me, or even more amusingly, yourself, that other cultures werent conquering each other, or even themselves, taking slaves, and such?
All around the world everyone was just sitting around waiting for white people to come along?

Ha!

Shabazz916
Books are a white thing?
So...no other cultures wrote books?

Anyhow, facts are a facts thing. You telling me, or even more amusingly, yourself, that other cultures werent conquering each other, or even themselves, taking slaves, and such?
All around the world everyone was just sitting around waiting for white people to come along?

Ha!

Who what cultures books do you read in school ? Who were all the president until 2008 ? Who is on the money in the us ?

Everyone in the world were off to themselves enjoyn themselves

riv6672
Hahaha!!!

Atilla the Hun, Genghis Kahn, Ashoka, Thutmose, Idi Amin, Cyrus, Chi'in Shih Huang, Sekou Toure, were either all white people, OR, Presidents of the United States, OR, their idea of "bein off to themselves enjoying themselves" is defined as conquering everything they could lay their hands on, raping, pillaging, enslaving, everyone they could, most times starting with their own people.

Shabazz916
Hahaha!!!

Atilla the Hun, Genghis Kahn, Ashoka, Thutmose, Idi Amin, Cyrus, Chi'in Shih Huang, Sekou Toure, were either all white people, OR, Presidents of the United States, OR, their idea of "bein off to themselves enjoying themselves" is defined as conquering everything they could lay their hands on, raping, pillaging, enslaving, everyone they could, most times starting with their own people.

so like i said.. nobody was messing with anybody else

Digi

That's...probably not true.

MF DELPH
Smh...

Imperialism wasn't solely practiced by nation-states of Caucasian Descent.

Shabazz916
Smh...

Imperialism wasn't solely practiced by nation-states of Caucasian Descent.

there are blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, indians, & native americans//

tell me which one of those were invading one another besides white's or your arguments are invalid

MF DELPH
The Moors.

*edit

For starters.

riv6672
Dont bother, DELPH.
This guy's a fool and is just trying to get a rise.

jinXed by JaNx

We are incapable of sustaining world peace. The best we can hope for is that we, as a species will always aspire to have world peace. We will never achieve it and that's probably good but as long as it remains a dream we will probably be able to find ways to co-exist.

Time Immemorial
As long as sin exists, its impossible

Lestov16
Pursuit of science and decrease of advocating of religions (not belief of God itself, but the obsolete mythologies based on the concept that have divided the world with it's barbaric dogmas, mainly the Abrahamic religions). Also, less reliance on oil and more focus on solar/electric power.

riv6672
Originally posted by Lestov16
Pursuit of science and decrease of advocating of religions (not belief of God itself, but the obsolete mythologies based on the concept that have divided the world with it's barbaric dogmas, mainly the Abrahamic religions). Also, less reliance on oil and more focus on solar/electric power.
I can SEE this working in the long run.
But to GET there, man, the conflicts would be huge.

Based
Your questions as to how illustrate why it will never happen.

Bentley
That's...probably not true.

Digi vs Enthropy biscuits

riv6672
Originally posted by Based
quote of my response to the OP.

There's a difference in what Lestov16 said and the OP.
I can only imagine there'd be a difference in implementation, too. Lestov16's phrasing suggests a reworking of the system; the OP suggests telling people everything they believe is a "sham".
People dont take kindly to that.

Both approaches, actually, any world wide wide shake up of science, religion, and energy resources will not be peaceful.
The OP just seemed/seems to me as well, are-tarded and heavy handed. Saying screw the system instead of working within it to effect change.
Why alienate a potential ally in organized religion when you're going to be making enemies on so many fronts regardless?

Jynocidus
impossible

Time Immemorial
Not as long as everyone keeps killing each other.

riv6672
Originally posted by Jynocidus
impossible
Ethan Hunt disagrees. wink

Jynocidus
laughing out loud

TOAA

prassu
When people treat all religions are same.

Dramatic Gecko
End to Religion, end to countries and the development of the most ambitious plan ever: Global Society. An Infrastructure that spans the globe and we all unite under the same banner.

The only two ways I see this happening: Alien contact (unlikely right now), or the formation of an Atheist extremist group who rallies a large following and sets out on its first goal, the elimination of Religion. After some research I am sure of one thing. Religion is fake. All Religion is bullshit. Ideology is real, such as treat as others how you would like to be treated, but the idea of Gods and the divine in general is fictional! So I would like to see the hostile take over of the world, ending Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddh- okay we can keep Buddhists, their so cute. And after everyone is on the same page. We are all equal, there are no infidels, no savages, no heathens. We can live in peace where our only enemies are massive crime organisations, the robot threat and Aliens who we repeatedly try to enslave.

Ok... there are probably heaps of holes in this plan. But I shall continue and act as if it is ironclad.

Wonder Man
The old fashioned way I hope.

jaden101
Through allowing Ebola to wipe out 70% of humanity and get us back to a sustainable population.

Shey Tapani
You heard about the Populaion Bomb book? Bold predictions and we still here kicking human style.

Placidity
WW1h4iKeMZ0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.