SWTOR Character Power Ranking Hierarchy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
This is a thread LeGenD created a little while back on the TOR forums, and I thought I may as well bring it here. This whole message is LeGenD's own creation, although I'm removing the part where Vitiate is the definitive #1:

This thread is dedicated to ranking of all known TOR era characters in the context of power/strength factor.

Timeline of TOR era: 25,100 BBY - 1000 BBY

IMPORTANT:

Input from every member is welcome and appreciated.
I don't subscribe to the logic that majority is authority. This isn't an election process where most votes get to decide the outcome. I would prefer MERIT over consensus, period.
Every being is considered for ranking.
Official revelations (information) is valued. Official information provides a sense of direction and accuracy in portrayal of the ground realities of the lore over pure "fan based speculation."
Latest official revelations will take precedence over older revelations.
Strength of a character isn't a popularity driven phenomenon; a well-known character (by feats and available information) can be less strong then a poorly known character.
In case of playable characters; light side alignment is being considered for characters serving the Republic and dark side alignment is being considered for characters serving the Empire.

Sith Order

Official Sith ranking hierarchy:

Sith Emperor
Sith Lord (Special position)
Sith Lord (Dark Council Member)
Sith Lord
Sith Apprentice
Sith Acolyte

NOTE: In the Sith Order, official rankings have some merit. Sith Lords are generally stronger then apprentices. And the strongest Sith is likely to survive and rule over a Sith Empire.

--- ---

Jedi Order

Official Jedi ranking hierarchy:

Grand Jedi Master
Jedi Master (Jedi High Council Member)
Jedi Master
Jedi Knight
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Initiate

NOTE: In the Jedi Order, strength of a character doesn't necessarily depends upon his rank within the Order. A Jedi Knight can be much stronger then a Jedi Master.

--- ---

--- --- --- ---
--- --- --- ---

Deities & Monstrosities

--- --- --- ---
--- --- --- ---

General

--- --- --- ---
--- --- --- ---

Character power evaluation criteria:-

1. Accolades
2. Performance against enemies (victories; losses; victories with support)
3. Specific feats (if known)
4. Any information that may help assess the position of a character in the mythos

The Merchant
This looks like it could be well done. Also, for some reason on the TOR forums I can't post anything, it says I have to wait for an admin to activate mmy account but its been two days already >_<

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
At the moment I'd wager the top sith spot should be held by either Vitiate or Nihilus. Any other suggestions?

The Merchant
Vitiaite easily. He even has the statement from Nyriss that after Nathema he became stronger than all Sith before him. Or Darth Ruin :I

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nyriss is hardly a concrete source to go by in that situation, especially when comparing to other sith lords from other eras. And Nihilus was after the Nathema ritual, not before. wink

Based
Originally posted by The Merchant
This looks like it could be well done. Also, for some reason on the TOR forums I can't post anything, it says I have to wait for an admin to activate mmy account but its been two days already >_<

Do you sub?

AncientPower
1.Vitiate
2.Exar Kun

They both have hyperbole tags for being most powerful Sith.

If you want to bring Nihilus in to this (even though his 'power' isn't really his at all) then I guess he's no.1.

The Merchant
Ok, Sith for me:

1. Vitiate

2. Nihilus

3. Tulak Hord

4. Emperor Malgus

5. Emperor's Wrath II

6. Darth Nox and any top-tier DC

7. Exar Kun

8. Freedon Nadd

9. Marka Ragnos/Naga Sadow

10. Darth Desolus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ok, Sith for me:

1. Vitiate

2. Nihilus

Fair enough, though personally I'd go with Darth Nihilus.

3. Tulak Hord

I have no idea where to place Hord at the moment, though I can see why you're placing him here.

4. Emperor Malgus

5. Emperor's Wrath II

6. Darth Nox and any top-tier DC

7. Exar Kun

I wouldn't place Nox, any top tier DC, or the Wrath above Exar Kun, to be completely honest. Malgus is the only arguable one, but I'd go Kun as well there.

The Merchant
His accolade that you mentioned earlier said he once was the most powerful Sith Lord, which can be taken as his reign of that title to have ended earlier than when the only other Sith Lords besides him were Nadd, Droma, Vader, Sidious, Ragnos, and Kressh. Also the Wrath II does have the statement that he is like the 2nd coming of Exar Kun, and frankly he along with the others I've listed above Kun have better feats barring the Massassi drain ritual.

The Merchant
Originally posted by Based
Do you sub?

Subscribe to TOR forums? I have to do that?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also the Wrath II does have the statement that he is like the 2nd coming of Exar Kun, and frankly he along with the others I've listed above Kun have better feats barring the Massassi drain ritual.

1. Eh, the statement was made by a random jailor on Korriban. It's more awe and hype than any real indicator.

2. I wouldn't say they necessarily have better feats. Kun has some pretty bamf powers, and he's just as skilled of a duelist, too.

Based
Subscribe to TOR forums? I have to do that?

If you don't sub to the game you can't post.

NewGuy01
I just realized, as a SWTOR sub, I can now access the Forums. YESH!

Board Walker
Immeasurable
1. Revan

Sith
1. Nihilus

FreshestSlice
BS'd list off the top of my head.

Sith

1. Vitiate

2. Nihilus

3. Tulak Hord

4. Exar Kun

5. Emperor Malgus

5. Darth Nox

6. The Second Emperor's Wrath/ Darth Baras

8. Marka Ragnos

9. Ulic Qel-Droma

10. Darth Traya

Jedi

1. The Hero of Tython

2. Revan

3. The Barsen'thor

4. Meetra Surik

5. Nomi Sunrider

6. Satele Shan

7. Tol Braga

8. Jaric Kaedan

9. Aryn Leneer

10. Arca Jeth

Sinious
@FreshestSlice

My lists would be really similar to yours. thumb up

AncientPower
This won't be perfect and will probably be a mess, but I will try my best.

Sith list:

1.Vitiate
Canon: Most powerful Dark Sider ever, nuff said.-SWTOR, SWTOR:E, SWTOR: Revan

2.Exar Kun
Canon: Once the most powerful Ancient Sith, Unprecedented power curve, Master sorcerer and dark sider, all time great duelist.-TOTJ, TCSWE

3.Dread Masters.
Canon: Most powerful sorcerers in the Empire, second-only-to and hand-picked by the Emperor, centuries of knowledge, Mastered Phobis Devices, Master Force techniques. Held together a Harrower-class dreadnought with telekinesis alone, has displayed Fold Space mastery.-SWTOR, SWTOR:E

4.Darth Jadus.
Canon: Second most powerful Sith Lord in the Empire, during Cold War, Master Force techniques, held together a Harrower-class dreadnought with telekinesis.- SWTOR

5.Darth Traya.
Canon: No outright statement besides being > Meetra Surik, Unprecedented knowledge of Force techniques, some of the greatest feats of farsight ever displayed.-TCSWE, KOTOR:CG

6.Emperor Malgus.
Canon: Achieved state of oneness with the Dark Side(unlocked Force Maelstrom), Sidious praises him as a Sith Warrior, Vader learns from him.-SWTORbig grin, BoS.

7.Tulak Hord.
Canon: Took entire systems, broke a Jedi siege, master duelist-KotOR2:TSL, SWTOR.

8.Marka Ragnos.
Canon: Master of mass mental domination, remained Dark Lord over a century.-BoS

9.Darth Marr.
Canon: Unofficial leader of the Empire during 2nd GGW, Quelled Republic/Jedi army on Korriban, Held DC seat for decades-SWTOR, SWTOR:E.

10.Emperor's Wrath
Canon: Defeated Darth Baras & Sel Makor as well as powerful Jedi Masters and Darths, Hand-picked by the Emperor himself to be the Wrath, Terrifies many DC members-SWTOR, SWTOR:A

Honourable mentions: Darth Malak, Darth Nox, Ulic Qel-Droma, Lord Scourge.

Jedi List:
This one is going to be much harder as many Jedi are shown to be extremely powerful in merely one comic and lack expansion afterwards.

1.Nomi Sunrider
Canon: Unprecedented talent in Battle Meditation, Sever Force and Wall of Light. Goes on to be an extremely powerful leader of the Order, Has incredible natural power in the Force, considered one of the all time greats.-TOTJ, TOTJ:C, TOTJmessed, TCSWE, TNEC, POTJ & More.

2.Meetra Surik
Canon: Destroyed the Sith Triumvirate, Revived the Jedi Order. Defeated Darth Nihilus, Trained six apprentices simultaneously. Gained enlightenment, unnatural strength in the Force, praised by Revan, Kavar and Traya. Defeated Traya, Sion and the entire Trayus Academy single-handedly on Malachor V. Rescued Revan from captivity, defeated multiple IGs, imbued Revan with Force energy for three centuries as a Force Ghost.-KotOR2:TSL, KotOR:CG, TCSWE.

3.Hero of Tython
Canon: Champion of the Jedi Order, Defeated Darth Angral and nearly all of the Emperor's sphere of power, including the Emperor, Stated by GM Shan to be greater than herself.-SWTOR, SWTOR:A

4.Barsen'thor
Canon: One of the greatest Force prodigies in the history of the Jedi Order, a natural connection to the Force granted power at four years old that even powerful Jedi would have gained by fifteen. Defeated half a dozen children of the Emperor and then the First Son himself, the powerful Syo Bakarn. Unprecedented innate knowledge of the Force gained them the title they are famous for. Brought together entire alien armies to support the Republic war effort. - SWTOR, SWTOR:E, SWTOR:A

5.Satele Shan
Canon: Grand Master of the Order, found Tython through the Force. Considered extremely powerful in the Force, impressed even the Sith with her sheer prowess. Defeated with ease entire squads of Force User killing droids, very powerful connection to the Cosmic and Living Force.-SWTOR, SWTOR:E, SWTOR:FA

6.Thon
Canon: One of the greatest Jedi Masters in the entire Old Republic era, masterful skill with Tutaminis variants, Sever Force, Battle Meditation and countless more techniques. A vanguard of the Order's principles and teachings. - TOTJ, TOTJ:C, TOTJmessed, POTJ.

7.Odan-Urr
Canon: A Jedi Master considered the leader of the entire Order, a thousand years of knowledge and training in the Force led to one of the most powerful Light Side connections on record by the Great Sith War, easily rag-dolled Exar Kun himself and his death along with other masters is considered one of the greatest defeats the Order ever suffered. - TOTJ, TOTJ:C, TOTJmessed

8.Arca Jeth
Canon: A venerable Jedi Master considered one of the greatest Battle Meditation practitioners of his time, a mastery of the Force gifted him the ability to contain Dark Side power and also eliminate masses of droids, considered a champion of his own people and the Order. - TOTJ, TOTJ:C, TOTJmessed

9.Jaric Kaedan
Canon: A master of the rare Juyo-Kos form, one of the finest swordsman of the Order in his time. Brought down the Dread Masters himself as a Jedi Knight with only a special ops team as support. - SWTOR, SWTOR:E

10.Vodo Siosk Baas
Canon: One of the greatest lightsaber instructors of all time and one of the finest Jedi Guardians on record. Also known for having incredible strength in the Force, a master of the highest of Force techniques. Four centuries of teaching culminated in the unfortunate rise of one of the greatest Dark Lords and Lightsaber masters of all time. Later appeared as a Force Ghost to vanquish the spirit of his former student. - TOTJ, TOTJ:C, TOTJmessed

Like I said this is not perfect by any means and I can imagine many disagreeing, I already know what question number one will be:

"Where is Revan?" given the on-going storyline in SWTOR, it is apparent that Revan in his prime has turned from the path of both Jedi and Sith, following the 'Reborn' path in place of either.

I have no doubt that both his Sith and Jedi incarnations would gain a place on either list, but as things are, he doesn't really fit on either.

The Merchant
What about Nihilus? Also I wouldn't put Malgus and Traya above Tulak, in fact if I had your list Tulak would be number 4. Jadus should be number 5 and I wouldn't put Kun at number 2, that probably belongs to Nihilus. Also I think Nox should be on here somwhere, probably somewhere in 6-10 which I don't know what to say for that part of your list besides Hord. As for Jedi I disagree with Nomi being number 1, she never really did anything to support her being that high barring some nifty accolades like being considered to be one of the greatest alongside Yoda IIRC.

Emperordmb
Honestly, Satele impresses me more than Nomi.

carthage
Traya should be above Jadus imo

AncientPower
Nihilus would go under deities and monstrosities, as much as people like to claim that he's a Sith through technicalities I don't subscribe to that.

Nox is basically stated in SWTOR:A to be one of the lowest ranking DC members and not very powerful compared to the others.

Hord is tricky because I have a strong feeling that Khem Val is romanticizing his abilities quite a lot.

Nomi was selected to be the 'leader' if you will of the Wall of Light, had a natural affinity with Sever Force, her battle meld and battle med techniques were off the charts, she had great Tutaminis displays and over-all she is a powerhouse with higher LS techniques. She isn't even in her prime yet either, I think she justifies that position.

The Merchant
I thought Darth Thanaton was supposed to be a beast that wouldn't have been replaced for a long time yet Nox stomped him.

As for Jadus, did he lose to Cipher 9 in canon? If so then ehh, him being 2nd only to the Emperor might refer to only political power.

The Merchant
Nevermind, just saw the "fight." Most of it was just gameplay mechanics while all Cipher 9 did was make a forcefield to lock Jadus in.

Emperordmb
Nevermind, just saw the "fight." Most of it was just gameplay mechanics while all Cipher 9 did was make a forcefield to lock Jadus in.
The "fight" may not even have taken place. I like to think Cipher 9 talked Jadus down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.