Mace Windu vs Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Neutral ground, no prep. Can Mace take Jacen down?

carthage
Windu gets destroyed.

Trocity
I doubt it. I favor Caedus but Windu hardly gets destroyed. By anyone really, for that matter.

Nalaniel
Caedus.

Board Walker
Caedus is an entirely different level than Windu

Caedus 10/10

carthage
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Board Walker
Caedus is an entirely different level than Windu

Caedus 10/10
So was Sidious.

Trocity
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
So was Sidious.

thumb up

Board Walker
So was Sidious.

I believe that Sidious purposely feigned defeat, and if he wanted to could have killed Windu. Just my opinion on the battle, and to each his or her own.

Additionally Caedus unlike Sidious was not as composed purely of the dark side, and was more of a hybrid between the light and the dark.

FreshestSlice
I believe that Sidious purposely feigned defeat, and if he wanted to could have killed Windu. Just my opinion on the battle, and to each his or her own.

That's not really how the scene goes down, but it matters little.

Also really doesn't matter that much in the long run. Caedus isn't stomping anyone like Mace 8/10, let alone 10/10 times.

Also Caedus was as Dark as they come.

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity
I doubt it. I favor Caedus but Windu hardly gets destroyed. By anyone really, for that matter.

Agreed. Unless people think Caedus is notably above Palpatine, who was legit on the short end of the stick vs Windu!

Board Walker
Windu was stated to be equal to or inferior to Count Dooku during the PT, and Dooku was inferior to Sidious. It is of my opinion that the movies depicted Darth Sidious purposely feigning weakness, and defeat towards Windu in order to lure Anakin to the dark side.

Caedus was not dark as they come as he was still using light side techiques which require a strong connection to the light side, such as utilizing Force Heal with extreme effectiveness. Caedus was a sith lord in name, and not a sith lord by philosophy. Thus it is of my opinion that Caedus was walking the line between the light side, and not stricly one or the other.

This is extremely important as windu will be unable to effectively channel the dark side against Caedus, as Caedus draws upon both sides of the force.

FreshestSlice
Windu was stated to be equal to or inferior to Count Dooku during the PT, and Dooku was inferior to Sidious. It is of my opinion that the movies depicted Darth Sidious purposely feigning weakness, and defeat towards Windu in order to lure Anakin to the dark side.

Read the book. People reading the book and not the novel are the reason why people think Dooku let Anakin win.

You can heal with the Dark Side.

No. Lolno.

Vaapad uses your inner darkness, so as long as he has a substantial amount, and he does, he will be no less drawn into it. And as long as Caedus is using Dark Side powers, Vaapad can channel it, much more efficiently than with Palpatine considering how much weaker Caedus is.

chilled monkey
You can heal with the Dark Side.

I have a theory about that.

We know from SWTOR and Tales of the Jedi that the dark side can heal but in the Darth Bane novels it is stated that it can't. My theory is that at some point after SWTOR the knowledge of "dark healing" was lost and not re-discovered until a long time later.

Also the impression I get is that light side healing is focused around soothing and easing pain while dark healing is a more brutal, forced process, basically like performing surgery without anaesthetic.

Vaapad uses your inner darkness, so as long as he has a substantial amount, and he does, he will be no less drawn into it. And as long as Caedus is using Dark Side powers, Vaapad can channel it, much more efficiently than with Palpatine considering how much weaker Caedus is.

Regardless, keep in mind that Mace is a master duellist in any case. It's not like he'd be helpless even IF his opponent had little inner darkness.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chilled monkey
I have a theory about that.

We know from SWTOR and Tales of the Jedi that the dark side can heal but in the Darth Bane novels it is stated that it can't. My theory is that at some point after SWTOR the knowledge of "dark healing" was lost and not re-discovered until a long time later.

Possibly, but as Palpatine knew ever Force power in existence, I'm sure Dark Healing has returned in some capacity by FotJ.

Vader healed his lungs with the Dark Side often enough, and it felt pretty great afterwards, so I'm not so sure. Dark Healing just seems to be less permanent. Especially when the feeling of pain that caused the healing is gone.

Yeah, but Jacen/Caedus outclass him in the Force and is relatively equal in sabers. That's why it came up.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Quite possibly. Plagueis' midi-clorian manipulation seems like they can heal, and the One Sith have multiple strong healer- Maladi, and of course Krayt himself!

The Bane era was at a period of decline in force knowledge, and while Bane recovered a lot, he could hardly recover everything.

Based
LOL at anyone winning this 10/10.

Sinious
Caedus wins in a really good fight.

AncientPower
Caedus wins, Yoda would be a better opponent.

Arhael
Caedus wins in a good fight.

Also, Vaapad is not a Force power, it is a mind state.

Vic&ChanceTP
Never watched star wars so I dont know. But may the force be with you Klingon guys

carthage
Caedus succeeds where Palpatine failed

Angelalex242
Mace has got nothing on Caedus. Caedus has shatterpoint himself, and that's enough to block Mace's ability. Vapaad's amp probably won't trigger against Caedus either.

Board Walker
Unless Mace can fight head to head with a blood lusted Luke Skywalker, Mace dies horribly.

Col. Valerian
Someone who's only '2nd to Yoda' and is roughly on par with Dooku won't get annihilated by Caedus. I agree Caedus wins, but it's a good fight.

Beniboybling
Vaapad uses your inner darkness, so as long as he has a substantial amount, and he does, he will be no less drawn into it. And as long as Caedus is using Dark Side powers, Vaapad can channel it, much more efficiently than with Palpatine considering how much weaker Caedus is. Windu in his fight with Sidious used Vaapad to a level he had never used before as a result of his emotional state, he won't be able to pull that off against Caedus.

Sinious
thumb up

EmperorSidious2
Vaapad can only compensate for so much. He's Windu knows every style but so to does caedus and I believe to a higher degree. Also his force powers are greater than Windu. Shatterpoint wont be an edge for Windu as caedus also has Shatterpoint. So with that I'd say caedus wins 8/10 battles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.