Marvel: Most Potential?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
What 5 characters in the Marvel Universe do you think have the most potential that writers don't seem to explore or tap into

My list would be

Skaar
Rachel/Hope
Iceman
Blue Marvel
Starbrand/Captain Universe

shadowknight
Namor
Hercules
Cap Marvel (orginal)
Shroud
Starbrand

zopzop
Cloak, Rachel, and Namor (yes Namor).

Rachel is the child of the two premier mutant DNA lines (according to Sinister).

Writers are FOREVER sh|tting on Cloak making him fight like a moron. His link to the Darkforce Dimension and the Beast (unless I'm mistaken, the ONLY resident of the Darkforce Dimension to ever be mentioned) was never fully explored.

Namor, this guy has a crapton of abilities the writers have just IGNORED (electric immunity, mimicking abilities of any undersea creature, his link to Poseidon).

carver9
Magneto
Hope
Cable
Juggernaut
Silver Surfer

janus77
Galactus - NEVER been portrayed with any consistency nor have they bothered going beyond the whole "world devourer" shit. This is a character that imprisoned The Proemial Gods, that forms the balance between Eternity and Death (or whatever) and has all sorts of significance, yet ... Headbutted by Odin and sod all else.

Surfer, naturally. Too many abilities to mention and too powerful to write properly.

Hulk/Banner ... As both a character and a collection of powers/talents, he's gone into free-fall post Pak. This is a character that was wiping out planets casually, outwitting and out prepping Dr. Doom and Reed Richards ... Now he's basically a confused mishmash of Hulks past.

Starbrand - Apparently he's some big powerhouse. Would be nice to see something of it.

Galan007
Thanos.

pym-ftw
Pym
Man-Thing
Blue Marvel
Quasar
Hazmat

krisblaze
Skaar? Somebody actually said Skaar? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who's next, Daken?

Stoic
Originally posted by krisblaze
Skaar? Somebody actually said Skaar? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who's next, Daken?

I honestly don't get it? What's wrong with Skaar exactly? He's actually a pretty good character, I was going to say Skaar myself.

1. Skaar
2. Blue Marvel
3. Starbrand
4. Hyperion
5. Angela

Bonus Round.

The entire Negative Zone, has huge potential to the point of Microverse potential, if not moreso. It should be developed to the effing max. How many frigging Marvel Super teams could come out of that place? Shit, even I have character ideas to place in that universe.

maxivitopowe
Skaar
Prodigy
Hope
Spidey
Iceman
That black mutant girl with with the fire/ice powers
Blue Marvel
Scorn (Symbiote)
Forge
Armour
Rachel
Vulcan
Shaw
Hazmat

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stoic
I honestly don't get it? What's wrong with Skaar exactly? He's actually a pretty good character, I was going to say Skaar myself.
He's a legacy character with no personality traits beyond what you found in most 90s extreme characters.

Him, like Daken, Gorgon, The Pitt and a few other notable shits, have about as much depth to them as thin rice cracker has nutrition.

They're fanboy bait.

Stoic
He's a legacy character with no personality traits beyond what you found in most 90s extreme characters.

Him, like Daken, Gorgon, The Pitt and a few other notable shits, have about as much depth to them as thin rice cracker has nutrition.

They're fanboy bait.

Pitt is awesome, and other than looking like the Hulk, they have nothing in common. Keown's creation is amazing. When you say legacy, I'm guessing what you mean is clone? Well how about we look even deeper. Hyperion, Supreme, Invincible, Midnighter, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Gladiator... the list goes on, and on.

Skaar is actually very original. his potential is great, and to fault a character on writers that aren't prepared to properly plot his course is incorrect. Skaar is actually more original than most of the guys that I mentioned above.

the Darkone
Thor
Galactus
Hyperion
Blue Marvel
Silver Surfer
Captain Britian
Thanos
Odin

Estacado
Vulcan
Surfer
Thanos

krisblaze
Pitt is awesome, and other than looking like the Hulk, they have nothing in common. Keown's creation is amazing. When you say legacy, I'm guessing what you mean is clone? Well how about we look even deeper. Hyperion, Supreme, Invincible, Midnighter, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Gladiator... the list goes on, and on.

Skaar is actually very original. his potential is great, and to fault a character on writers that aren't prepared to properly plot his course is incorrect. Skaar is actually more original than most of the guys that I mentioned above.
Legacy does not mean clone no expression

How do you not know what a legacy-character is?

Skaar doesn't have an original bone in his body. The angry and abandoned son of some hero, a chip on his shoulder and a 'badass' attitude. It's been done so many times I can't believe it laughing

Stoic
Legacy does not mean clone no expression

How do you not know what a legacy-character is?

Skaar doesn't have an original bone in his body. The angry and abandoned son of some hero, a chip on his shoulder and a 'badass' attitude. It's been done so many times I can't believe it laughing

You must really be trying to be funny. Of course I know what legacy means. It is the way that you actually thought of using the word. I thought that you were saying that Skaar was or is a clone of an existing character. If so I have no idea what it is that you believe is so funny? Skaar as i said has a power that was never mentioned before, and attitude of a person that was born on a world of monsters. He should actually be meaner than he is. What's so original about most of the characters out there these days?

Supreme, Captain Marvel/Black Adam, Gladiator, Doomsday, Hyperion. Like I said the list is long. You simply decided to pick one character and ignore that there are many others that aren't original as well. At least with Skaar they separated him from the pack of Hulk clones out there (General Eiling). You actually believe within that brain of yours that I don't know what legacy means? Wow.

krisblaze
You must really be trying to be funny. Of course I know what legacy means. It is the way that you actually thought of using the word. I thought that you were saying that Skaar was or is a clone of an existing character. If so I have no idea what it is that you believe is so funny? Skaar as i said has a power that was never mentioned before, and attitude of a person that was born on a world of monsters. He should actually be meaner than he is. What's so original about most of the characters out there these days?

Me laughing at someone is not me trying to be funny, it's me finding someone else funny.

I thought it was funny that someone would list Skaar as a character with 'wasted potential'. There's already nothing to the character beyond what I pointed out as 'fanboy bait' earlier. It's like saying the entirety of Bloodsport's cast has 'potential'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_hero

Supreme, Captain Marvel/Black Adam, Gladiator, Doomsday, Hyperion. Like I said the list is long. You simply decided to pick one character and ignore that there are many others that aren't original as well. At least with Skaar they separated him from the pack of Hulk clones out there (General Eiling). You actually believe within that brain of yours that I don't know what legacy means? Wow.
This has little to do with my actual argument, but I disagree with you here as well.

Powerset is only a fraction of the character, and all of the characters you have named are not only far more original than Skaar but also have greater stories to their name.

Clearly, you did not know what a legacy character was, as you thought it meant 'clone'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.