Can the justice League destroy Marvel Earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
The justice League

Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Aquaman
G.L Stewart
Ray Palmer
Hawkman
Cyborg

With prep can this team secretly infiltrate the Marvel U and destroy its Earth by whatever means necessary .

Only them 8 know why they feel it needs to be done.

Can they do it or will they be caught?

Mindset
Only if Doom lets them, which he won't.

Epicurus
Yes they can, and quite easily at that.

Supermex
Originally posted by Epicurus
Yes they can, and quite easily at that.

How is that Epicurus?

riv6672
Obviously they can, if written that way, but for forum purposes, no.
They dont have any big time planners/stealth/subterfuge guys here.
Their powerhouses can be out powered, their magic can be out magicked. Their science out scienced.
Their two subtle attack points, water and micro, can be equaled in one case and out done in the other.
Once any part of their plan is exposed, they'd be undone. They'd go down fighting, though.

Reflassshh
I don't think so..

tkitna
That's a pretty weak JL team. They go down hard.

ares834
How do they go down hard? They don't have to fight Marvel Earth just destroy it. And yeah, they should be able to do that easily enough.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by ares834
How do they go down hard? They don't have to fight Marvel Earth just destroy it. And yeah, they should be able to do that easily enough. How?

ares834
Palmer and Cybrog could likely create some,thing powerful enough. Or Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Stewart all working together could likely shatter the planet in a minute or two.

pym-ftw
I'd drop AM but yeah diana and GL can planetbust more than likely.

riv6672
Like i said, if written that way.

Star428
That's a weak team you posted in regards to what their objective is. There's not a single Superman-level character on it. There are a few powerful characters on it but not enough power to get the job done. They don't really have a chance of destroying Marvel Earth even with prep.

tkitna
How do they go down hard? They don't have to fight Marvel Earth just destroy it. And yeah, they should be able to do that easily enough.

So they really face no opposition. We have those characters just plodding along on Marvel Earth prepping to destroy it with no time limit. I'm still unsure. Would a good telepath like Xavier pick something up? Dr. Strange maybe? I think a machine created by Cyborg and Palmer would be detected, so i'm going with Diana and Stewart attempting planet busting (other characters are useless except for Zatanna running interference) and i'm not sure how long it would take them to destroy the planet. Would somebody get to them before they were successful (Blue Marvel or Hyperion even)?

Hmmm, now i'm not sure. I didn't read the stipulations in the OP's opening post. Just figured they would have to battle some characters.

Mindset
Palmer and Cybrog could likely create some,thing powerful enough. Or Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Stewart all working together could likely shatter the planet in a minute or two. Per OP they have to infiltrate Earth first.

riv6672
This being a Vs, you have to assume some sort of conflict.
With no opposition whatsoever, theotetically the TMNTs could do the job...

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672
This being a Vs, you have to assume some sort of conflict.
With no opposition whatsoever, theotetically the TMNTs could do the job...

lol well Marvel Earth has to detect them for it to be a battle and they have 2 weeks to destroy Marvel Earth once they infiltrate it..

riv6672
You ask: Can they do it or will they get caught?
I say they get caught.

If you dont think they would, and want scenarios as to how, unopposed, they do the deed, thats cool, but you should have reworded the thread slightly to something like: HOW does the Justice League destroy Marvel Earth?

It would have saved a few of us some typing.

Iskandar
Only real dangers are Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Cyborg's technology while advanced is not something they can't counter.

As for Zatanna Earth 616 has plenty of magic users and supernatural heroes that will be able to smell anything fishy happening if she tries something.

Bentley
Namor unleashed his dog Thanos on them.

DarkSaint85
They can do it, easily. Destroy the earth? Sure.

Palmer and Cyborg between them shrink the Earths core, and boom tubes it away. The booming requires no prep, all that's needed is for Ray to create the tech which he can.

With no core, the Earth's atmosphere disappears. The magnetic field of the earth disappears. Life dies, the oceans boil off.

tkitna
Pym counters the shrinking and the earth is fine.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
Pym counters the shrinking and the earth is fine.

I thought the JL team had one sided prep? Does Pym have some kind of shrinking detector that detects when anyone anywhere shrinks things????

tkitna
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I thought the JL team had one sided prep? Does Pym have some kind of shrinking detector that detects when anyone anywhere shrinks things????

I don't know. Was actually making a joke, but i'm sure he or Reed or somebody would notice something of that caliber if it was happening. The only issue is, how fast could Palmer shrink the earths core into oblivion? Also, with things happening on that grand of a scale, now you've probably gotten the attention of characters like Mephisto and so forth who have stakes with the earths existence. More I think about it, the harder I think this is for the JL. I don't think they can do it.

DarkSaint85
It's pretty instantaneous - I mean, there's no time delay when he becomes the Atom, and grows back to normal size. He doesn't undergo a magical anime style costume transformation that takes 5 minutes as he shouts out his magical powers.

That would be awesome.

He could work in isolation in his lab (miniaturised of course), Z could magic up whatever he needed without needing him to go on a shopping run (23 rods of Uranium-38? A flux capacitor? 3 miles of copper wire, an avocado and a bottle of degreaser? Sure!) and GL could provide the power necessary as he creates his tech.

DarkSaint85
To power Z's spells, Aquaman's Trident and WW herself, being the Goddess of War, would be sufficient for her to magick up anything (not that she needs them, but just in case).

Cloaking spells which would stop telepaths/other magic users, layered on top of Cyborg's anti-tech cloaking, layered on top of GL cloaking them....

Whilst they are all shrunk to the size of an atom? I'm going to need to see some scans of Prof X (who's dead, so Red Skull I suppose) being able to detect something on that scale (of course, not Oan cloaking, but detecting someone who's incredibly tiny and also magically/technologically cloaked). Or any other telepath.

Ditto Strange, who's currently a whole bag of mess right now. Or anyone else, really, being able to detect a magically/technologically cloaked opponent (whom they have no reason to even suspect in the first place) who is shrunk down to the size of molecules.

Infiltration is easy.

Now, I realise I am mixing DCnU and preboot feats, but I feel justified in the case of Ray Palmer, as he hasn't had many appearances in DCnU (or even feats - all we know is that he has his abilities still, and is the science advisor for DCnU's most secretive science division).

With DCnU Cyborg there, they can EASILY boom tube all over Marvel Earth, laying their shrink tech at different parts of the core, in case people are wondering how long it would take. At the size that they are at, 2 weeks would be like an eternity (as a comparison, in JLA #42, when they were shrunk, a minute was like six months to them). Plenty of time for them to create whatever tech they need.

Then, on D-Day (Destroy Day), they trigger all the devices, the Earth's core is shrunk (or at least, large enough chunks of it), and Cyborg boom tubes it away. Destroying the Earth.

Supermex, that's what you wanted, isn't it??

Supermex
To power Z's spells, Aquaman's Trident and WW herself, being the Goddess of War, would be sufficient for her to magick up anything (not that she needs them, but just in case).

Cloaking spells which would stop telepaths/other magic users, layered on top of Cyborg's anti-tech cloaking, layered on top of GL cloaking them....

Whilst they are all shrunk to the size of an atom? I'm going to need to see some scans of Prof X (who's dead, so Red Skull I suppose) being able to detect something on that scale (of course, not Oan cloaking, but detecting someone who's incredibly tiny and also magically/technologically cloaked). Or any other telepath.

Ditto Strange, who's currently a whole bag of mess right now. Or anyone else, really, being able to detect a magically/technologically cloaked opponent (whom they have no reason to even suspect in the first place) who is shrunk down to the size of molecules.

Infiltration is easy.

Now, I realise I am mixing DCnU and preboot feats, but I feel justified in the case of Ray Palmer, as he hasn't had many appearances in DCnU (or even feats - all we know is that he has his abilities still, and is the science advisor for DCnU's most secretive science division).

With DCnU Cyborg there, they can EASILY boom tube all over Marvel Earth, laying their shrink tech at different parts of the core, in case people are wondering how long it would take. At the size that they are at, 2 weeks would be like an eternity (as a comparison, in JLA #42, when they were shrunk, a minute was like six months to them). Plenty of time for them to create whatever tech they need.

Then, on D-Day (Destroy Day), they trigger all the devices, the Earth's core is shrunk (or at least, large enough chunks of it), and Cyborg boom tubes it away. Destroying the Earth.

Supermex, that's what you wanted, isn't it??

Just f;;!kin bueatifulsmile

riv6672
See, i figured that was what you actually wanted.

Supermex
Originally posted by riv6672
See, i figured that was what you actually wanted.

lol

CadenceV2
Depends on who is on marvel earth.

Supermex
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Depends on who is on marvel earth.

Your normal Earth based guys

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85 Whilst they are all shrunk to the size of an atom? I'm going to need to see some scans of Prof X (who's dead, so Red Skull I suppose) being able to detect something on that scale (of course, not Oan cloaking, but detecting someone who's incredibly tiny and also magically/technologically cloaked). Or any other telepath.

Other cloaking aside, telepaths like Xavier are definitely capable of detecting beings at the micro level. Xavier's dark side was able to mentally enter the Microverse, locate particular characters, kill millions of beings etc. So he seems to have the ability even if he doesn't use it normally.

Not saying that he would pick anything up without a reason to suspect something first, or get past any of the other cloaking, but just the scale alone wouldn't be a barrier.

DarkSaint85
Oh no, the scale ALONE wouldn't be a barrier. Nor would the mystical cloaks alone (although Strange routinely used them to sneak on board the Helicarrier). It's all of them, layered on each other.

DarkRaiden
No. Doom, Strange, Xavier, random telepaths, would detect them and wreck them. Hard.

Plus Earth's an elder god so I'm not sure how that'd go down. Also people like Storm and (pre-AvX) Magneto had links to the Earth so they'd know if something was going down.

Then geniuses like Black Panther and Reed who monitor stuff a lot.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
No. Doom, Strange, Xavier, random telepaths, would detect them and wreck them. Hard.

Plus Earth's an elder god so I'm not sure how that'd go down. Also people like Storm and (pre-AvX) Magneto had links to the Earth so they'd know if something was going down.

Then geniuses like Black Panther and Reed who monitor stuff a lot.

Hahaha. Yeah, no.

1. They have to be actively looking out for them;
2. They have to detect them when they are the size of an atom. Prof X tuned a LOT out just to get through the day. Plus, he's dead, so moot, but the same principle applies. They tune a lot out. Much less hearing the thoughts of a group who even at 1000x their miniaturised size, would still fit on a pin head;
3. They have to detect them when mystically cloaked by Z, who hasn't really shown a limit yet;
4. They have to then detect them past a GL cloak, wielded by a guy who actually overloaded his ring with willpower;
5. Then they have to detect them past a tech cloak thrown up by Cyborg, using Apokoliptian tech.

Yeah, sure, once we get past all five layers, am sure they'll find the group, no problem.

GroggyGrunt
IMO, It's way too much of a stretch to think that they would not be detected by anybody during their infiltration. Anyone with a vested interest in Earth sticking around is going to be opposition, this isn't just the heroes and it's not just the people physically on Earth....hell, there are cosmic beings in that group.

Deadline
That's a pretty weak JL team. They go down hard.

Golgo13
Ray Palmer FTW.

CadenceV2
Why would Gaia (Eldar God), Mephisto, any of the Omega Level Telepaths, or even people with time machines would not out a stop in this plan easy?

They go down hard if CIS or PIS is not a factor. Too many beings and people are in rated in earth, and have gone lengths to save it in times of weak writing.

DarkSaint85
Yes. Because when Exitar came a knocking,, these guys all came out, right?

DarkRaiden
Hahaha. Yeah, no.

1. They have to be actively looking out for them;
2. They have to detect them when they are the size of an atom. Prof X tuned a LOT out just to get through the day. Plus, he's dead, so moot, but the same principle applies. They tune a lot out. Much less hearing the thoughts of a group who even at 1000x their miniaturised size, would still fit on a pin head;
3. They have to detect them when mystically cloaked by Z, who hasn't really shown a limit yet;
4. They have to then detect them past a GL cloak, wielded by a guy who actually overloaded his ring with willpower;
5. Then they have to detect them past a tech cloak thrown up by Cyborg, using Apokoliptian tech.

Yeah, sure, once we get past all five layers, am sure they'll find the group, no problem.

Doom has sensed the likes of Loki who has hidden from Odin. He'll see them. He also has experience with the microverse.

Tech isn't really a concern for Doom either seeing as his tech>>>>Cyborgs and the GL ring is laughable since Doom's willpower dwarfs any and everyones.

And you still didn't address the likes of Storm sensing them through the wind (something they wouldn't think to cloak) or sensing them through the Earth itself.

Plus if Legion were still alive, he'd see them and stop them too. He's done it before.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Doom has sensed the likes of Loki who has hidden from Odin. He'll see them. He also has experience with the microverse.

Tech isn't really a concern for Doom either seeing as his tech>>>>Cyborgs and the GL ring is laughable since Doom's willpower dwarfs any and everyones.

And you still didn't address the likes of Storm sensing them through the wind (something they wouldn't think to cloak) or sensing them through the Earth itself.

Plus if Legion were still alive, he'd see them and stop them too. He's done it before.

So Doom is sitting there, scanning for microscopic entities who can pop up ANYWHERE on Marvel Earth, and will detect them past mystical and technological cloaks, because he always just does this as standard? Riiiiight.

Lol @ Storm, who is a total non-factor, hence the lack of address. Somehow, she can detect microscopic entities 'through the wind' who are cloaked when they suddenly just pop up, say, in Beijing? And immediately knows they're a threat?

Legion's dead. So....moot.

Reread my earlier post. Point #1 is the most pressing. As per the OP, nobody is expecting them on Marvel Earth.

tkitna
What about Snowbird and the Great Beasts? Surely they would detect a disturbance in the earths makeup.

I don't know. Seems like a tall order for DC.

DarkSaint85
What about Snowbird and the Great Beasts? Surely they would detect a disturbance in the earths makeup.

I don't know. Seems like a tall order for DC.

Geez haha. Where were all these guys when Exitar came? Mephisto, Gaia, the Great Beasts etc?

Also, my plan involved no time at all. Cyborg can already boomtube, the rest was only because I thought it debateable that he could do it to something as large as the EArth's core.

maxivitopowe
I gotta side with DS here, the marvel arguments just seem to be ass pulls on a level with "Batman find a way"

GroggyGrunt
It's implied that the DC crew would have to transfer from the DC universe to the Marvel universe (as they are attacking "Marvel Earth"wink. It's a bigger assumption to believe that such a disturbance wouldn't be detected by ANY Marvel being than it is to assume that it would.

Exitar isn't a relevant comparison. He's a celestial being that pre-existed in the Marvel universe. The DC crew meets neither of those criteria....at all.

This really just seems like a ridiculous scenario to me.

quanchi112
Marvel wins.

janus77
No chance. For one thing you have Franklin to contend with.

ares834
So Doom is sitting there, scanning for microscopic entities who can pop up ANYWHERE on Marvel Earth, and will detect them past mystical and technological cloaks, because he always just does this as standard? Riiiiight.

Lol @ Storm, who is a total non-factor, hence the lack of address. Somehow, she can detect microscopic entities 'through the wind' who are cloaked when they suddenly just pop up, say, in Beijing? And immediately knows they're a threat.

laughing out loud

carver9
OK, I need to see a scan of Cyborg boom tubing outside of the Darkseid vs JLA fight. I'm pretty sure circumstances was involved during that instance.

TheLordofMurder
They have no prayer...

Franklin Richards has precognition; he'd know if the Earth was about to be destroyed...

Franklin Richards ends this team with a single thought...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by janus77

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
And as was correctly pointed out earlier in this thread, Marvel Earth is not a standard planet...

Its an Elder God; Gaea...

Nobody on that JLA team is killing an Elder God...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
OK, I need to see a scan of Cyborg boom tubing outside of the Darkseid vs JLA fight. I'm pretty sure circumstances was involved during that instance.

I'm gonna reply to all of you.

Lol@Elder Gods. I guess the Illuminati should just ask her help against the Incursions.

Reed should ask his own son to help. Or maybe during the Ultron crises. Or Fear Itself. Or anything, really.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
Sometimes, I wish I could hate you to death.

First things first. In JLA#8, set 5 years after the fight with Darkseid, Cyborg mentions how out of every 1000 boomtube jumps, they get sent to Apokolips. This has happened twice before, and it's been 1,056 booms since they got sent there. That's nearly 2 boomtube jumps a day, every day for five years. I think it''s safe to say he can do it easily:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3234295-jl8-2.jpg

The problem of course, as you can see, is mass. Hence, Ray Palmer shrink tech.

Here are some more boom tube jumps. As you can see, it takes no time to initiate and can be done in the heat of battle. So it's not as if he needs time to charge up or anything (JLA 16):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3235227-justiceleague_16_thegroup-009.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3235228-justiceleague_16_thegroup-015.jpg

They then fixed it, so he doesn't go to Apokolips all the time. The tradeoff, is that like Nightcrawler, he needs a link to it. Otherwise he might boom into space or underwater. Not that it matters here, because he wouldn't care where he's sending chunks of the Earth's core (JLA 15).
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3234572-justiceleague_15_thegroup-005.jpg

They then upgraded him (as alluded to in the previous scan) to operate underwater and in space. So that weakness was removed:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/122403/2894508-3.jpg

Random boomtubing (JLA #9):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3234317-jl9-1.jpg

He then got ANOTHER upgrade, which makes him silent even to Superman's senses:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36135/2989254-8091992222-2013-.jpg

They seem to have forgotten this, however (JLA 32):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3998712-2014-07-30+07-41-52+-+justice+league+%282011-%29+032-010.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3998711-2014-07-30+07-41-52+-+justice+league+%282011-%29+032-011.jpg

It also operates from space to Earth (Superman/WW...11, I think?):

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/120679/4028147-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+011-010.jpg

So yeah, he can and routinely boomtubes (especially as shown in the first scan, where he's doing an average of nearly 2 a day).

Originally posted by janus77

Like with the Age of Ultron, Thanos Imperative, the incursions, Fear Itself (where he actually had a role with Angrir....then did nothing else), Exitar, WWH (even as his own dad was enslaved etc)? Sure, OK.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
And as was correctly pointed out earlier in this thread, Marvel Earth is not a standard planet...

Its an Elder God; Gaea...

Nobody on that JLA team is killing an Elder God...

Yeah, Gaia was such a help when the rogue planet appeared (from an alternate universe, no less! and came for them). Ditto the incursions, also from alternate realities.

TheLordofMurder
@Darksaint

In those story lines, Gaia and Franklin are not included because the writer chose not to include them...

They still are/are on Marvel Earth however...

In a forum environment there is no writer to ignore them; unless the OP specifies it we are to assume that they will react if possible...and react accordingly if they do react.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Darksaint

In those story lines, Gaia and Franklin are not included because the writer chose not to include them...

They still are/are on Marvel Earth however...

In a forum environment there is no writer to ignore them; unless the OP specifies it we are to assume that they will react if possible...and react accordingly if they do react.

In character, however, they won't do anything, is my argument. CIS is still on stick out tongue

carver9

First things first. In JLA#8, set 5 years after the fight with Darkseid, Cyborg mentions how out of every 1000 boomtube jumps, they get sent to Apokolips. This has happened twice before, and it's been 1,056 booms since they got sent there. That's nearly 2 boomtube jumps a day, every day for five years. I think it''s safe to say he can do it easily:

Here are some more boom tube jumps. As you can see, it takes no time to initiate and can be done in the heat of battle. So it's not as if he needs time to charge up or anything (JLA 16):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3235227-justiceleague_16_thegroup-009.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3235228-justiceleague_16_thegroup-015.jpg

They then fixed it, so he doesn't go to Apokolips all the time. The tradeoff, is that like Nightcrawler, he needs a link to it. Otherwise he might boom into space or underwater. Not that it matters here, because he wouldn't care where he's sending chunks of the Earth's core (JLA 15).
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3234572-justiceleague_15_thegroup-005.jpg

They then upgraded him (as alluded to in the previous scan) to operate underwater and in space. So that weakness was removed:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/36135/2989254-8091992222-2013-.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3998712-2014-07-30+07-41-52+-+justice+league+%282011-%29+032-010.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3998711-2014-07-30+07-41-52+-+justice+league+%282011-%29+032-011.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/120679/4028147-superman-wonder+woman+%282013-%29+011-010.jpg

So yeah, he can and routinely boomtubes (especially as shown in the first scan, where he's doing an average of nearly 2 a day).

Like with the Age of Ultron, Thanos Imperative, the incursions, Fear Itself (where he actually had a role with Angrir....then did nothing else), Exitar, WWH (even as his own dad was enslaved etc)? Sure, OK.

Yeah, Gaia was such a help when the rogue planet appeared (from an alternate universe, no less! and came for them). Ditto the incursions, also from alternate realities.

thumb up Good post.

Golgo13

thumb up

Cyborg is a beast.

maxivitopowe
DS is owning

TheLordofMurder
In character, however, they won't do anything, is my argument. CIS is still on stick out tongue

This is where we disagree...

Franklin has plenty of motive to stop Marvel Earth from being destroyed; he and his loved ones (Reed, Sue, Ben) live there...without a writer to not include him in the story, Franklin absolutely steps in to prevent the Earths destruction.

Gaia has plenty of motive to preserve Earth as well; afterall, she is the Earth...

Now its not in her character to act directly; she'd undoubtably assemble a team of heroes to stop the Justice League...but dont doubt for a moment that she'd sit back idle and let the Earth be destroyed.

With that said, I confidently contend that the JLA gets stopped...

riv6672
Are we back to the characters not being unopposed?
Because yes, they will get found out and they will be stopped.
Hadnt even thought of Franklin and Gaea. Makes the team's chances even bleaker.

Epicurus
I'm gonna reply to all of you.

Lol@Elder Gods. I guess the Illuminati should just ask her help against the Incursions.

Reed should ask his own son to help. Or maybe during the Ultron crises. Or Fear Itself. Or anything, really.
1.Franklin did appear in the recent Avengers interacting with Cap and offering to explain the true nature of excursions.
2.Franklin cured one of the Worthy in Fear Itself.
3.One of Hickman's FF issues featured Franklin and Hope in the Ultron crisis, but I guess that event was far too meager to warrant super-powerful beings to be showcased.

Anyways, you're confusing the comic norm with what the rules of the VS board allow. In a forum match, Marvel Earth gets access to any number of plot device hax thingamajumbies there are present on it. Which does include things like Franklin Richards, Gaea, Galactus(due to the Galactus Seed), the Dreaming Celestial and all the other sh1t which is conveniently ignored during a big crossover event in Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.