Darth Vader ANH runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Vader gets full rest inbetween fights

Warmup: POD Darth Bane

1. Kit Fisto

2. Plo Koon

3. Obi Wan Kenobi ROTS

4. Darth Malgus

5. Exar Kun

6. Reborn Krayt

7. Count Dooku

Boss: Darth Plagueis

Trocity
Dies at 4 or 5.

Lord Stark
Dies at 3.

FreshestSlice
Dies at 4.

NewGuy01
Likely stops at 4, though 3 will be a hard fight.

carthage
I think he can take Malgus, or at least an even split.

Done to the fighters afterward though

ares834
Why is Dooku so high up? Anyway, stops at 5 probably.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
I think he can take Malgus, or at least an even split.

Done to the fighters afterward though

It's very possible, I'll give you that.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Dies at 3.

AncientPower
ANH Vader vs POD Bane is hard enough to call on it's own, I don't see why you put him as warm-up. Though to be honest this entire list seems way out of order regardless.

If Vader gets through that, he is hard-fought with 3 and 4, 5 is game over.

carthage
I put him as a warmup because he's fodder compared to the other fighters on the list. That simply really.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Likely stops at 4, though 3 will be a hard fight.

thumb up

Originally posted by AncientPower
ANH Vader vs POD Bane is hard enough to call on it's own, I don't see why you put him as warm-up. Though to be honest this entire list seems way out of order regardless.

thumb up

Sinious
Stalemates 4, falls at 5 and 6. He first makes Dooku his slave though.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Sinious
He first makes Dooku his slave though.

Don't be ridiculous.

Nalaniel
Dooku > ANH Vader

NewGuy01
Hm

Lord Stark
How the hell does Vader who can barely defeat Old Kenobi, then defeat Prime Kenobi? The only Vaders who can defeat Prime Kenobi are ROTS and ROTJ. ESB is 50/50.

King Joker
How the hell does Vader who can barely defeat Old Kenobi, then defeat Prime Kenobi? The only Vaders who can defeat Prime Kenobi are ROTS and ROTJ. ESB is 50/50.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Nalaniel

Thanks for saying it.

Trocity
So this is just going from memory.

Two decades passes between ROTS and ANH. ANH Vader you say can't beat ROTS Kenobi. ESB is what, 3-4 years after ANH? THAT Vader has a 50/50 chance? And then ROTJ, 1 year after ESB, Vader for sure beats ROTS Kenobi? He improves more in like 2 years than he does in 20? It takes him that long to get back to his old self? Seems weird that each Vader in each movie has a clear power level. I rather think all 3 incarnations are closer to each other than most claim.

FreshestSlice
Too bad statements made in said novels of said movies and Vader's performance increases from TFU to ANH don't support you.

Trocity
Dang eh, so he straight up suuuuuucks after donning the suit if ANH Vader can't even top Kenobi.

FYI - I only read EU novels. I don't have much interest in reading the OT/PT novels just because I've seen the movies so many times, the novel adaptations don't interest me.

FreshestSlice
Nah, ANH Vader and Kenobi are pretty even. At least in sabers.

Nephthys

TK.

The_Tempest
He probably loses at 5, 6, or the boss.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Trocity
So this is just going from memory.

Two decades passes between ROTS and ANH. ANH Vader you say can't beat ROTS Kenobi. ESB is what, 3-4 years after ANH? THAT Vader has a 50/50 chance? And then ROTJ, 1 year after ESB, Vader for sure beats ROTS Kenobi? He improves more in like 2 years than he does in 20? It takes him that long to get back to his old self? Seems weird that each Vader in each movie has a clear power level. I rather think all 3 incarnations are closer to each other than most claim.

ROTJ Vader is stated to be at the height of his power. Old Ben is most certainly not as good as he used to be from both a logical and canonical standpoint. So if there's relatively no difference between ANH and ROTJ, then Vader is firmly below ROTS Kenobi. I like to think that his heightened activity in the OT lead to his increase in power.

DarthAnt66
ANH Darth Vader is stated to be more powerful then Anakin Skywalker, though I don't know if that quote really holds any value.
In a logical sense, and following the ANH novel, he would stop at 3 or 4. Kenobi vs him would be an excellent matchup.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
TK.

CWs Anakin has better TK feats than ANH Vader. So unless his mental condition at Mustafar reduced him to roughly AOTCs level that ain't happening.

Nephthys
I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Lord Stark

Concession accepted. That was far easier than I imagined.

carthage
CW Anakin from the comics or from the abysmal TV show?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
CW Anakin from the comics or from the abysmal TV show?

Comics.

Nephthys

.... that CW Anakin has better TK than ANH Vader. Even if Anakin is more powerful in that regard, which he isn't, Vader is far more skilled in his use of it and uses it frequently in combat, unlike Anakin.

Lord Stark
.... that CW Anakin has better TK than ANH Vader. Even if Anakin is more powerful in that regard, which he isn't, Vader is far more skilled in his use of it and uses it frequently in combat, unlike Anakin.

If he uses it so frequently as you say then that means he did use it against Ben in the off screen portions of the battle. So either he tanked it or dodged it either of which ROTS Kenobi can do better.

Nephthys
Speculation. Maybe he just wanted a straight lightsaber duel to cement his superiority.

The fact is, Vader has demonstrated himself every bit the equal to Maul and Dooku in TK, both of whom could toss Obi-Wan around.

Lord Stark
Speculation. Maybe he just wanted a straight lightsaber duel to cement his superiority.

And why would a straight lightsaber duel cement that over TK given their last fight?

ANH Vader is Maul level I agree. But not at Dooku's level in TK. Additionally just because Maul was able to ragdoll him once doesn't mean he can do it anytime he wants.

FreshestSlice

ANH Vader is Maul level I agree. But not at Dooku's level in TK. Additionally just because Maul was able to ragdoll him once doesn't mean he can do it anytime he wants.
Did you miss the bit where he causally lifted Obi-wan and tossed him?

NewGuy01
The hell? Does Vader even have TK feats post-ANH?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Did you miss the bit where he causally lifted Obi-wan and tossed him?

And where was this when Kenobi was chopping up his apprentice?

FreshestSlice
And where was this when Kenobi was chopping up his apprentice?
Lulz, I don't know. I'm just saying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.