Darth Sidious (ROTS) runs a team gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
Warm-up: Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin & Agen Kolar

Round 1: Obi-Wan & Anakin(ROTS)

*Break*

Round 2: Maul, Savage & Ventress(TCW)

Round 3: Xaj, Othone, Worror, Farfalla, Lsu

*Break*

Round 4: Dooku, Greivous & Durge

Round 5: Bane and Zannah(DoE)

*Break*

Round 6: Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma

Round 7: Vader and Starkiller

*Break*

Boss fight: Caedus and Reborn Krayt

All-out, sabers and force.

Arena: Valley of the Dark Lords(No nexus)

DARTH POWER
Stops at 4.

carthage
Clears

Q99
Stops at warmup.

... ok, no, just kidding ^^

Hm, 3 depends on how fast he can take out Worror. Zaj and Lsu with Farfalla and Worror force support is exceedingly dangerous, he could very well lose. Though if he can take out Worror fast, he'll win, and speed's part of his game, so I wouldn't count him out.

4 is dangerous in sabers and melee, but Dooku's the only force user, which could be quite fatal. If he lightning-zaps Grievous out, I think he's got it.

I'll say stops at 5. Every duo from 5 on could beat him for the majority.

Sinious
Round 5 might be the hardest here and he probably falls there. If not, he falls at boss.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Sinious
Round 5 might be the hardest here and he probably falls there. If not, he falls at boss.

Agreed.

Emperordmb
I'm saying he's done at five.

Nephthys
Stops at 3.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
4 is dangerous in sabers and melee, but Dooku's the only force user, which could be quite fatal. If he lightning-zaps Grievous out, I think he's got it.
Agreed, but I think TK would be the way to go with Grievous, and lightning would be the weapon of choice to **** up Durge.

Trocity
Originally posted by carthage
Clears

And lemme guess, he blitzes DoE Bane? XD

The Boss fight is nasty in this gauntlet. I'm not sure where he stops, the general consensus seems to be 5. I'll agree.

Selenial
5 I'd say is iffy, an argument could be made for his victory but if he beats them he loses at the boss.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Stops at 4.

Fresh off a break? Hell no.

Rounds 6-7 are going to be a real b1tch. Without a break, I could see him dying there.

Q99
I don't think Sidious can beat a solid master/apprentice sith pair like ExarQelDoma or Zane, personally. At least, not reliably.

NewGuy01
I'd argue he stands a fair chance against just about every team excluding the boss, though I'm not sure how the lack of rest would affect his performance.

Nephthys
They (Tython Strike team) competed with Orb Bane's, and he only faced half the team. Even you should agree his aren't that far below Sidious', surely?

Edit: Gr8, now this doesn't make sense. >:[

Trocity
Originally posted by Nephthys
They (Tython Strike team) competed with Orb Bane's, and he only faced half the team. Even you should agree his aren't that far below Sidious', surely?

True, and he has to face this team after the Maul bros/Ventress and no break. That team might actually take him. Othone sucks but that's 5 lightsabers, including a dual bladed one, all amped on battle med.

NewGuy01
Othone would probably be blitzed or rag dolled from the start. The other three are a very real threat to Sidious in a duel, but as demonstrated against Bane they are all but defenseless against beings of that level of power force-wise.

I imagine it being somewhat like the Maul/Savage fight in the sense that he uses his cunning, mobility, and powers to separate the team and give him an opening to get rid of Worror. After that, it should go rather smoothly.

I agree that might be the most threatening team until the boss at first look, but their lack of defense against the Force is a severe weakness against Sids.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm saying he's done at five.

He'd stomp Bane and any of the "fighters" of his era with laughable ease.

DarthAnt66
Nearly all the times can challenge Darth Sidious, though I doubt many can pull off the victory.
He should make it to the minimum of 5 with the maximum of 7. The boss however is too much for him to handle.

carthage
Originally posted by Trocity
And lemme guess, he blitzes DoE Bane? XD

The Boss fight is nasty in this gauntlet. I'm not sure where he stops, the general consensus seems to be 5. I'll agree.

Not sure why its hard to believe that he can't blitz DOE Bane. DOE Bane failed to even deflect all of the rain drops he was swatting at. Let me dig this into your mind, a force user is failing to deflect slow moving droplets of water. Bane is one of the slowest characters I can think of.

He can easily get blitzed and so can Zannah

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Not sure why its hard to believe that he can't blitz DOE Bane. DOE Bane failed to even deflect all of the rain drops he was swatting at. Let me dig this into your mind, a force user is failing to deflect slow moving droplets of water. Bane is one of the slowest characters I can think of.

He can easily get blitzed and so can Zannah
Even POD Bane is faster than Grievous, yet Grievous is still considered fast.

Bane struck at over ten strikes a second per arm, while Grievous only struck at five times a second per arm.

Trocity
I think it was the opposite? Did he not deflect like... every rain drop that came near him?

It's hard to tell when you're trolling because sometimes your comments are right on the money, and other times you claim Jango Fett can trash Bane.

carthage
cool story bro.

carthage
Originally posted by Trocity
I think it was the opposite? Did he not deflect like... every rain drop that came near him?

It's hard to tell when you're trolling because sometimes your comments are right on the money, and other times you claim Jango Fett can trash Bane.

No he had to dodge the ones that got through his defenses, because he wasn't fast enough to deflect them all when he formed his lightsaber as a shield (which was all he did).

Trocity
Ah, I see.

Emperordmb
The text still confirms the rainstorm feat as a greater feat than moving invisibly fast to other force users and striking at ten times a second with one lightsaber, but... Carthage hates Bane.

Trocity
The text still confirms the rainstorm feat as a greater feat than moving invisibly fast to other force users and striking at ten times a second with one lightsaber, but... Carthage hates Bane.

Yeah I remember thinking it was pretty impressive while reading it, though I haven't read DoE in a while. It certainly didn't make Bane look slow.

Arhael
Stops at two.

NewGuy01

Bane struck at over ten strikes a second per arm, while Grievous only struck at five times a second per arm.

Per arm? That's with both arms, bro. Besides, Grievous has four arms to attack with simultaneously, which changes the ballgame.

Also, nexus feats. cool

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Besides, Grievous has four arms to attack with simultaneously, which changes the ballgame
I was actually going to use the larger number of Grievous's arms as a counterpoint to one of Carthage's more fallacious arguments about speed.

Q99
Othone would probably be blitzed or rag dolled from the start. The other three are a very real threat to Sidious in a duel, but as demonstrated against Bane they are all but defenseless against beings of that level of power force-wise.

Farfalla was blocking many of Bane's force attacks, wasn't he?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Q99
Farfalla was blocking many of Bane's force attacks, wasn't he?

Not very well. Because of his shielding they survived, but were still blown across the room.

And unlike Bane, Sidious isn't in a bloodrage, and is one of the craftiest characters in the mythos.

Q99
Not very well. Because of his shielding they survived, but were still blown across the room.

Still, better than nothing, and it's 4 v 1. Serro Xaj and Raksha Lsu together at the same time, with BM, should help reduce the *opportunity* for force attacks.

The_Tempest
Why do I keep forgetting that numbers always carry the day unless it's against someone from Legacy?

Sidious wrecks Krayt's shit.

The_Tempest
You shut your whore mouth.

The_Tempest
no u

Nephthys
Schizo alert.

Trocity
lolol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.