Shazam vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TedKordJRBOSS
Rules:
1. Battle takes place in the Justice League Watchtower.
2. Both are in their New 52 versions.
3. Both are at their peak.

Star428
Captain Marvel is almost the equal of Superman. He wins pretty easily. No construct that GL makes could possibly hold him.

riv6672
I hope this gets more posts.
I like the match up, but the new versions i'm not sure enough about...

Prof. T.C McAbe
He would beat Guy, maybe GL Kyle too but Hal and Alan take him more often than not.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
I hope this gets more posts.
I like the match up, but the new versions i'm not sure enough about...

GLs apparently keep all of their old pre-52 feats.

Shazam, not so much.

riv6672
Ah, thanks DS.
Wonder why that was.
Cant say i'm a big fan of the new Shazam, though. If he kept anything pre 52 it should have been his persona.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
Ah, thanks DS.
Wonder why that was.
Cant say i'm a big fan of the new Shazam, though. If he kept anything pre 52 it should have been his persona.

He seems to be lacking in strength, and durability compared to his old self. I haven't been keeping up as much as I want to with DC, but his fight with Rampage didn't impress me too much. I felt as if I was watching Simon Williams face off against her instead of Captain Marvel. Maybe it was just me though.

riv6672
I've used Cap in threads here, but not the new version. Actually havent been in any threads that have. I just didnt like his character; didnt know he'd poeered down.

pym-ftw
So i guess I'll be the guy to ask

Hal?

TedKordJRBOSS
Yeah

krisblaze
New Shazam doesn't have the feats.

Any of the top-lanterns should win smile

MajorSparkman
I personally think that the Captain (Shazam) would be victorious. Most people seem to underestimate the abilities he was granted from the wizard. He has the strength of gods, or, demigods I suppose. Either way, it seems like that would more than enough to handle the Green Lantern ring. I'm not saying it would be an easy bout by any means, as I don't think he has any prior experience with Lanterns. I do think he'd get the hang of it though, and eventually arise victorious. Though his strength may not seem on par with his older incarnation, he did punch Superman hard enough to cause him pain. That really is saying something.

carver9
Captain Marvel is significantly faster than Hal (his fts was compared to Supermans) who doesn't have any speed fts under his name. Captain Marvel stomps.

riv6672
I dont underwstimate Shazam, i just dont know what the current version has going for him, really.

Golgo13
Hal wins.

Philosophía
Originally posted by krisblaze

Any of the top-lanterns should win smile

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by krisblaze

Any of the top-lanterns should win smile That's if you ignore how great of a face he makes. He could probably win against the whole corps if he throws up a hilarious enough face.

riv6672
His face? Does he oversell like John Cena?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.