zoom vs specially thugs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pain100

DarkSaint85
White weapons? Like, bad dancing and the inability to jump? Membership of elite Ivy League fraternities? Stable family environments? Get out of jail free cards?

bluewaterrider
Serious question:

Does or has Zoom ever gotten tired in the comics?

If not, why not?
Is there any point at which he physically fatigues or even mentally wears out?

There's a point at which, even if a person has the physical ability to continue a task, they psychologically can no longer muster the will.

Has Zoom ever been shown to reach that point anywhere?

He won't clear the final hurdle if such is the case -- the numbers and sheer monotony would be too much for him.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Serious question:

Does or has Zoom ever gotten tired in the comics?

If not, why not?
Is there any point at which he physically fatigues or even mentally wears out?

There's a point at which, even if a person has the physical ability to continue a task, they psychologically can no longer muster the will.

Has Zoom ever been shown to reach that point anywhere?

He won't clear the final hurdle if such is the case -- the numbers and sheer monotony would be too much for him.

No, fatigue doesn't appear. I've always thought of it as nonsensical - he should still feel weary, after all.

But considering he was able to run around the Earth a dozen times, whilst fighting, without any visible strain of slowing down and getting tired....I think it's safe to say fatigue is not an issue.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, fatigue doesn't appear. I've always thought of it as nonsensical - he should still feel weary, after all.

But considering he was able to run around the Earth a dozen times, whilst fighting, without any visible strain of slowing down and getting tired....I think it's safe to say fatigue is not an issue.

I always thought he must be stopping to take breaks, which with his powers he could totally be doing. A lot about Zoom just doesn't make sense though. Like, if he's (from his perspective) running at normal speeds while bending time for crazy pseudovelocities, how can he hit so hard, and why doesn't he get tennis elbow or worse from spending weeks (from his perspective) standing there punching someone over and over again? Cool character and all, but really confusing to try and approach with any consistancy.

That pummeling Batman and Superman scan really is odd. He multipunches Batman, who reels, then he multipunches Superman, who reels. So did he spend a couple days throwing gentle jabs at Batman being careful not to turn Bruce's face into a bloody mess and then spend a couple more doing... something to make Superman feel his blows without shattering his own fists?

I really like his battles with Wally, wherein none of this was a problem, but when he gets outside of that context, I start to scratch my head.

DarkSaint85
Hell knows. He shouldn't have any superstrength at all, unless they are chalking it up to him raining a hundred blows at the same spot, which adds up?

Laminator_X
Some of his effects make sense when you figure he's monkeying with the time factor in a force, impulse, or power formula to effectively amplify the output of his muscles in his victim's frame of reference. Even with that in play though, pummeling Superman or similar should be like punching a brick wall over and over again from Zoom's own frame of reference.

leonidas
see, this is why i missed laminator. thumb up

Laminator_X
Aw, shucks. smile

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Hell knows. He shouldn't have any superstrength at all, unless they are chalking it up to him raining a hundred blows at the same spot, which adds up? no it's the kinetic energy of the punch.
K= 1/2 m x v^2

Think of 3kg times (1000000m/s)^2. And that's just a light tap of Zoom.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by h1a8
no it's the kinetic energy of the punch.
K= 1/2 m x v^2

Think of 3kg times (1000000m/s)^2. And that's just a light tap of Zoom.

In Zoom's case, he's throwing punches at something like 1m/.2s, but then his power makes that into something like 1m/.000002s from his victim's perspective, for an apparent increase in velocity.

Mind you, a lot of what should be side effects from this get ignored, most notably the wear and tear that punching near-perfectly rigid (from his perspective) objects should be putting on his fists. Moreover, if the super punch trick works that way there should be little explosions happening from his footsteps vaporizing the ground beneath him as he seemingly ... whatever, Comic Book Physics.

pain100

h1a8
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Some of his effects make sense when you figure he's monkeying with the time factor in a force, impulse, or power formula to effectively amplify the output of his muscles in his victim's frame of reference. Even with that in play though, pummeling Superman or similar should be like punching a brick wall over and over again from Zoom's own frame of reference. But punching a brick wall slowly in his frame of reference wouldn't hurt zoom at all, but it would surely hurt the brick wall. Zoom can beat any number of thugs as they are all frozen in time.

h1a8
Originally posted by Laminator_X
In Zoom's case, he's throwing punches at something like 1m/.2s, but then his power makes that into something like 1m/.000002s from his victim's perspective, for an apparent increase in velocity.

Mind you, a lot of what should be side effects from this get ignored, most notably the wear and tear that punching near-perfectly rigid (from his perspective) objects should be putting on his fists. Moreover, if the super punch trick works that way there should be little explosions happening from his footsteps vaporizing the ground beneath him as he seemingly ... whatever, Comic Book Physics. I agree with everything you said, but if he punches with a small speed in his reference frame (punching a wall slowly but hard) but very fast in the outside reference frame then he can do damage to hard objects without hurting himself. Zooms powers are perplexing and weird to say the least.

Point is, he is capable of hitting above superman levels as shown in comics and apparently doesn't age at the rate of his reference frame but rather he ages in the rate outside his reference frame. Otherwise, he would have been aged many years for circling the Earth over and over again.

maxivitopowe
OP still hasn't explained what white weapons are

pain100
[quickmachetes,knifes,swords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.