Old Speculation of Darth Revan Confirmed?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Darth Revan was a character introduced to the Star Wars saga on July 15th, 2003. Ever since, he has been the ultimate icon and poster-boy of the Expanded Universe.

Many however have forgot over time the additional power he received from his robes. Though before it was only speculation seemingly, new evidence has been found to re-confirm suspicions.
Darth Revan had, in additional to his own "tremendous Dark-side power", "Force-enhancing techo-mystic robes." Knights of the Old Republic gave an additional description on how these robes would be:
"Created by the mystical technology of the Star Forge, these robes focus the dark side energies of the wearer, fueling their power. The Sith Lord Darth Revan was wearing similar robes when captured by the Jedi, who viewed the garments as an abomination and destroyed them. However the Jedi Council, not being familiar with the origins of the robes, were unaware that the Star Forge would be capable of producing an item of such terrible power a second time."

Note however, Darth Revan did not yet have his infamous robes on Rakata Prime when he completed his infamous lightning feat. The entire operation conducted on Rakata Prime was to get the Star Forge in his possession, which resulted in a success. In seems Darth Revan was literally a walking nexus, making him, as well as Darth Malak and the later incarnations of Revan, more powerful then we may have all originally anticipated. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Fated Xtasy
It seems like a good theory DarthAnt66, but in my opinion it's kinda more Speculation than confirmation. but that's just my two cents.

Still, kudos for catching this.

DarthAnt66
How so? Two quotes from different sources state the robes are amplifying his power since it was created by the Star Forge.

NewGuy01
Isn't the latter from a mod?

DarthAnt66
No. It's the Star Forge robes you can get on the Star Forge.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
How so? Two quotes from different sources state the robes are amplifying his power since it was created by the Star Forge.

Yeah, two quotes, one quote only appears if you take the DS path, otherwise you get the "Purified" Star Forge Robes in the canon LS path.

Second this is mostly overwritten by the fact that Revan has the robes in TOR and apparently has had worn them since the Emperor defeated him(this is supported by the fact that as you liberate Revan in TOR he is wearing the robes). So it leaves a lot of room for speculation and leaves us with more questions. Again, kudos for catching this. But it doesn't confirm much. The whole thing about him being a walking nexus, is a tad bit ridiculous, and easily explained by the fact that the Robes were made by the Star Forge, which is highly strong in the Dark Side of the force and would logically leave a taint of dark side energy in the Robes. again just my opinion, If by any chance you feel attacked, then i apologize, it wasn't - isn't my intention.

Nephthys
In seems Darth Revan was literally a walking nexus, making him, as well as Darth Malak and the later incarnations of Revan, more powerful then we may have all originally anticipated. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Pffft, nah.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah, two quotes, one quote only appears if you take the DS path, otherwise you get the "Purified" Star Forge Robes in the canon LS path.

Second this is mostly overwritten by the fact that Revan has the robes in TOR and apparently has had worn them since the Emperor defeated him(this is supported by the fact that as you liberate Revan in TOR he is wearing the robes). So it leaves a lot of room for speculation and leaves us with more questions. Again, kudos for catching this. But it doesn't confirm much. The whole thing about him being a walking nexus, is a tad bit ridiculous, and easily explained by the fact that the Robes were made by the Star Forge, which is highly strong in the Dark Side of the force and would logically leave a taint of dark side energy in the Robes. again just my opinion, If by any chance you feel attacked, then i apologize, it wasn't - isn't my intention.
Revan wasn't wearing anything put normal Jedi robes when he was captured.

The Merchant
Sorry for asking, but what's his lightning feat?

Nephthys
He killed Rancors on Lehon.

DarthAnt66
It seems you have failed to grasp what I was discussing then, and also lack knowledge on the subject at hand. I suggest to do proper research first before you make posts like these.
The Lightside robes do exactly the same for the Lightside user, though that was not the point of this discussion:

"Created by the mystical technology of the Star Forge, these robes focus the inherent Force abilities of the wearer, fueling their power. Although the Star Forge itself is an artifact of the dark side, these robes were customized using an analysis of the Jedi they were created for, resulting in a powerful light side item that the Jedi can safely use against their enemies without fear of taint or corruption."

Second this is mostly overwritten by the fact that Revan has the robes in TOR and apparently has had worn them since the Emperor defeated him(this is supported by the fact that as you liberate Revan in TOR he is wearing the robes).
Uh, what? http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/651588504.gif You do realize that Darth Revan's robes were destroyed by the Jedi Council, and are not the ones Revan used in TOR, right?

The whole thing about him being a walking nexus, is a tad bit ridiculous, and easily explained by the fact that the Robes were made by the Star Forge, which is highly strong in the Dark Side of the force and would logically leave a taint of dark side energy in the Robes. again just my opinion
Uh, that's the entire point. no expression I see you didn't read the thread probably, due to your shaky response. A nexus is an area or item unnaturally strong in the Force. The robes are then, by all definition accounts, a nexus of energy. Revan isn't the nexus, the robes are, but the robes are additionally fueling his power, giving Revan an additional supply of Dark-Side power wherever he walks: "Force Nexus: Any unusual localization, or vergence, of dark side Force energy. These strange locales emanated the dark side of the Force, and were considered focal points of power for dark side users." People for some reason think nexus' are rare and are godly, despite that not being the actual definition of all. We are just so all accustomed to Malachor V or Mortis however.

DarthAnt66
For another example of something like this, think of Darth Nihilus' mask, which was also a nexus. It could amplify a non-force sensitive's powers to that of a Sith Apprentice.

Nephthys
No it wasn't.

DarthAnt66
Coming from the person who is famous on these boards for ignoring nexus' in debates. thumb up
And mad lame you make a reply when we are having this same debate in chat. erm

Nephthys
I ignore them when there's no indication they're being drawn upon. Objects like those aren't nexuses. They're just objects imbued with the Force.

DarthAnt66
Hate to quote from Wookieepedia, but I enjoy a confirmation by a site with thousands of people looking at the page and approving with what it says:
"Objects left in the presence of a Force nexus for extended amounts of time eventually became saturated with the Force, which imbued the object (like a weapon) with special abilities, like an edge that will never dull, the ability to absorb some Force powers like Force lightning and electric judgment, or even the ability to enhance the wielder's perception of time, allowing him to think and react faster than otherwise possible. This effect allowed even a being who wasn't Force-sensitive to use the weapon to a great degree. Further, objects imbued with a particular aspect of the Force - be it light or dark - could actually become so saturated as to make their very presence intolerable to those of opposite alignment."

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
I ignore them when there's no indication they're being drawn upon. Objects like those aren't nexuses. They're just objects imbued with the Force.
So...a nexus.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Nephthys
Hate to quote from Wookieepedia, but I enjoy a confirmation by a site with thousands of people looking at the page and approving with what it says:
"Objects left in the presence of a Force nexus for extended amounts of time eventually became saturated with the Force, which imbued the object (like a weapon) with special abilities, like an edge that will never dull, the ability to absorb some Force powers like Force lightning and electric judgment, or even the ability to enhance the wielder's perception of time, allowing him to think and react faster than otherwise possible. This effect allowed even a being who wasn't Force-sensitive to use the weapon to a great degree. Further, objects imbued with a particular aspect of the Force - be it light or dark - could actually become so saturated as to make their very presence intolerable to those of opposite alignment."

Things that quote doesn't say:

"These objects become nexuses too."

DarthAnt66
Uh, the quote says literally everything I been arguing. It even used the word "imbued" and gave an example similar to Nihilus' mask.
And they are discussing nexus'...the page is called "Force Nexus". Admit you lost, bae, because it is getting embarrassing for you. erm

Nephthys
Uh, the quote says literally everything I been arguing. It even used the word "imbued" and gave an example similar to Nihilus' mask.
And they are discussing nexus'...the page is called "Force Nexus". Admit you lost, bae, because it is getting embarrassing for you. erm

A nexus is a location, not an object. As that same page says. The quote is describing the effects of a nexus on objects, not how mini-nexuses come into being.

DarthAnt66
It effects the user the same exact way, except now it is portal. erm

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
A nexus is a location, not an object. As that same page says. The quote is describing the effects of a nexus on objects, not how mini-nexuses come into being.
Sidious can be a nexus. Is he a location?

Nephthys
Sidious is not a nexus.

DarthAnt66
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/651588504.gif

The_Tempest
The Dark Empire end notes confirm Sidious is a nexus. GG, Neph!

NewGuy01
Who ever said a Nexus had to be a place?

DarthAnt66
Neph did.

Fated Xtasy
*Snip for length

Ah, apologies, DarthAnt66. guess i misread a few things.

NewGuy01

DarthAnt66
Uh, no? It's been a part of the game since the original old Xbox in 2003.
watch?v=9-wiiRDDAXE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.