True Blood vs Twilight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
All the vamps in True Blood vs All the vamps in Twighlight.

Which side wins?

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by janus77
All the vamps in True Blood vs All the vamps in Twighlight.

Which side wins?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/481/120/72b.jpg

quanchi112
Russell Edgington rapes.

Placidity
Originally posted by quanchi112
Russell Edgington rapes.

Stop advertising your fantasies.

RJ 2.0
Twilight rapes.

FrothByte
True blood vamps are faster and some of them can fly. Plus they have some ridiculous healing feats. But they're still susceptible to stakes and sunlight and all the weaknesses of historical vampires.

Twivamps aren't as fast but they do seem stronger. Plus Meyer completely ruined the vampire genre by making the twivamps into sparkly superhero emo-types, complete with their own set of mental superpowers. Add that they're immune to sunlight and pretty much any other weakness of vamps, and they're a lot harder to kill than the trueblood vamps.

So yeah, twivamps might take some time chasing down the true blood vamps, but they'll eventually win.

That's ok though. True Blood the show is way better than the Twilight movies.

janus77
Twilight was some of the most cringe-worthy shite I've ever seen. Sub-Harry Potter!

Just thought the vamps were a lot more robust than the True Blood crew. Maybe if Bill is at his "Lilith possessed" best.

Mind you, I doubt Russell and Eric are going to be caught by the Twilight emos.

FrothByte
Twilight was some of the most cringe-worthy shite I've ever seen. Sub-Harry Potter!

Just thought the vamps were a lot more robust than the True Blood crew. Maybe if Bill is at his "Lilith possessed" best.

Mind you, I doubt Russell and Eric are going to be caught by the Twilight emos.

Physically, I doubt the Twivamps would be able to catch them. But that's not to say Jane can't cripple them with her pain projection. Or that they can't hunt them during the day. Etc.

RJ 2.0
Precognition and various powers win this for the Twivamps.

Epicurus
True Blood has a total of 6 vampires that would be physically on par with the Twilight vamps. And of those, only 2 have exotic abilities which would be a challenge to the supernatural gifts that a number of Twivamps have. And none of these 6 vamps have anywhere near the durability of a Twivamp.

Apart from that, the average Twivamp is a good deal stronger, has virtually no exploitable weaknesses, and is much more durable than the average TB-vamp.

Suffice to say, Twivamps win solidly.

FrothByte
The better question is, which woman can seduce more vamps: Sookie or Bella?

Placidity
What about Billith - can he solo?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
What about Billith - can he solo?

That version of Bill was quite strong. But his TK was nowhere near as powerful as Benjamin's (Benjamin was pretty much The Avatar...control over all 4 elements).

Russell is very strong. But I do not remember any of the True Blood vamps having strength on par with even some of the weaker vampires (such as Edward).

The vampires that can fly will be taken out of the sky by Jane: her part darts shoot fairly quickly and they are invisible to all except Bella (maybe someone else but she was the only one who demonstrated the ability to see Jane's and Alec's special powers).

IIRC, Russell and Bill (Billith) are faster than any Twivamp. Other than those two, none of them come close to even just regular vamps.

RJ 2.0
DDM has spoken.

Epicurus
Originally posted by dadudemon
That version of Bill was quite strong. But his TK was nowhere near as powerful as Benjamin's (Benjamin was pretty much The Avatar...control over all 4 elements).

Russell is very strong. But I do not remember any of the True Blood vamps having strength on par with even some of the weaker vampires (such as Edward).

The vampires that can fly will be taken out of the sky by Jane: her part darts shoot fairly quickly and they are invisible to all except Bella (maybe someone else but she was the only one who demonstrated the ability to see Jane's and Alec's special powers).

IIRC, Russell and Bill (Billith) are faster than any Twivamp. Other than those two, none of them come close to even just regular vamps.
Benjamin's ability seemed to be elemental control at best, instead of actual tk as seen with Bilith. And Bilith's tk was capable of creating tremors in the earth, so it's not far off.

According to TB-powerscaling, Warlow, Godric and Salome are on that level as well. But as far as speed is concerned, iirc twivamps on average are as fast as the average TB-vamp.

It's the strength and durability which gives them the edge. I'd say the average twivamp is as strong as a super-ancient TB vamp like Russell or Warlow. And we have dozens of such vamps against dozens of the much weaker TB-vamps.

Not to mention that a large portion of the twivamps have exotic abilities(shielding, telepathy, precognition, electrocution, sensory deprivation etc), as opposed to only 2 such TB vamps(Warlow's fae abilities and Bilith's tk/precog). Bilith and Warlow would make this hard to win, but at the end of the day Twivamps stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity
Stop advertising your fantasies. Projecting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Twilight rapes. Absurd. True Blood rapes.

janus77
True Blood vamps get help from Werewolves and Werepanthers too.

Is it still a stomp for the twatlight crew?

quanchi112

Is it still a stomp for the twatlight crew? They don't need their help. Russell, Godric, Eric, Billith, Warlow, Salome, and the sheer numbers stomp.

Epicurus

Is it still a stomp for the twatlight crew?
TB's weres are shite, frankly speaking. They don't add anything to this battle apart from providing the Twivamps more prey to kill.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Epicurus
TB's weres are shite, frankly speaking. They don't add anything to this battle apart from providing the Twivamps more prey to kill. Based on ?

Epicurus
Them being a disgrace to werewolf lore in general. The werepanthers were even worse.

quanchi112
Them being a disgrace to werewolf lore in general. The werepanthers were even worse. They can amp themselves on v.

Epicurus
Why would the TB vamps go about feeding a bunch of creatures they absolutely loathe? More importantly, how would they go about feeding these pathetic losers even as the Twivamps are massacring them in the dozens? And when did feeding on V physically amp a were by a thousand times?

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
They can amp themselves on v.
I was going to say that, but then even amped on v, they're basically outclassed by any vampire (I think Jessica beat one, iirc).

Werepanthers were pathetic in a really funny way...

OK, add in Faeries, Arleen's ginger minge and the Maenad. TB supernatural types really do seem a little pathetic, as a whole.

quanchi112
Why would the TB vamps go about feeding a bunch of creatures they absolutely loathe? More importantly, how would they go about feeding these pathetic losers even as the Twivamps are massacring them in the dozens? And when did feeding on V physically amp a were by a thousand times? They could amp the wolves to aid them against the Twili vamps. Why wouldn't they increase their formidability ?

Russell rapes any twilight vamp who gets in his way.

Epicurus
I was going to say that, but then even amped on v, they're basically outclassed by any vampire (I think Jessica beat one, iirc).

Werepanthers were pathetic in a really funny way...

OK, add in Faeries, Arleen's ginger minge and the Maenad. TB supernatural types really do seem a little pathetic, as a whole.
The fae have hax powers, but sufficiently fast opponents can kill them relatively easily. The Maenad's only notable trait was the true immortality, and although I doubt any Twivamp can do any noteworthy damage to her, she lacks the power to hurt them in a serious way as well.

janus77
Can she emo-jack them and get them all to kill each other?

RJ 2.0
Lol, Fae....

FrothByte
Meh, if the TB vamps have time to amp everyone around them I don't see what's stopping the Twivamps from just creating more newborns. The newborns usually don't have the exotic powers of the older vamps but they're the strongest ones.

dadudemon
Benjamin's ability seemed to be elemental control at best, instead of actual tk as seen with Bilith. And Bilith's tk was capable of creating tremors in the earth, so it's not far off.

True. My comment goes back to an old debate regarding The Avatar. Being able to "bend the four elements" is virtually the same as telekinesis. Bending just air is telekinesis of the air (aerokineses); water bending is telekinesis of only water (aquakineses), and so forth. So if a person can "bend" all four elements, it then becomes all-purpose telekineses with one weird exception: lab chemicals. Everything else falls under "earth" or "air" but not really lab chemicals. Probably synthetic metals, too, would not count as "earth" but they are usually too unstable to really be useful in making my point.

So I just say that characters like any incarnation of The Avatar and Benjamin really just have powerful TK abilities. It is a nod to that old debate regarding The Avatar. Many posters, here, are fans of The Avatar show so I make some liberties when discussing characters like that.

According to TB-powerscaling, Warlow, Godric and Salome are on that level as well. But as far as speed is concerned, iirc twivamps on average are as fast as the average TB-vamp.

I forgot about Warlow. Since Godric didn't fight, I excluded him but, yes, he should be included and CIS turned off. I didn't know Salome died...had it look that up. I am not up to date on True Blood...I haven't watch the show in the last 2 years (and I was watching old eps 2 years ago).

It's the strength and durability which gives them the edge. I'd say the average twivamp is as strong as a super-ancient TB vamp like Russell or Warlow. And we have dozens of such vamps against dozens of the much weaker TB-vamps.

Not to mention that a large portion of the twivamps have exotic abilities(shielding, telepathy, precognition, electrocution, sensory deprivation etc), as opposed to only 2 such TB vamps(Warlow's fae abilities and Bilith's tk/precog). Bilith and Warlow would make this hard to win, but at the end of the day Twivamps stomp.

These were my thoughts, as well.

Did Russell several thousand miles in a few seconds, though, when he went to kill the national news anchor on TV?

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
Lol, Fae....

Epicurus
Originally posted by dadudemon
True. My comment goes back to an old debate regarding The Avatar. Being able to "bend the four elements" is virtually the same as telekinesis. Bending just air is telekinesis of the air (aerokineses); water bending is telekinesis of only water (aquakineses), and so forth. So if a person can "bend" all four elements, it then becomes all-purpose telekineses with one weird exception: lab chemicals. Everything else falls under "earth" or "air" but not really lab chemicals. Probably synthetic metals, too, would not count as "earth" but they are usually too unstable to really be useful in making my point.

So I just say that characters like any incarnation of The Avatar and Benjamin really just have powerful TK abilities. It is a nod to that old debate regarding The Avatar. Many posters, here, are fans of The Avatar show so I make some liberties when discussing characters like that.

I forgot about Warlow. Since Godric didn't fight, I excluded him but, yes, he should be included and CIS turned off. I didn't know Salome died...had it look that up. I am not up to date on True Blood...I haven't watch the show in the last 2 years (and I was watching old eps 2 years ago).

These were my thoughts, as well.

Did Russell several thousand miles in a few seconds, though, when he went to kill the national news anchor on TV?
The distance covered during the news anchor murder scene wasn't specified. It's an unquantifiable feat at best.

An average TB-vamp(like the 175 year old Bill) has around housefly-level reflexes/agility/reaction-time/whatnot and car-level speed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.